Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Nothing has real value until sold.

When are you selling your coins, Ghost Titty?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

wheres the ring

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

SolTerrasa posted:

Do the technical analysis people ever, like, check the next day to see if they were right? You’re making all these provable claims all the time - if the price goes down or stays the same for the next day, will you notice that you were wrong? Will that make you think about how you’re just drawing fake lines on a graph of other (marginally less fake) lines?

No, right?
The system cannot fail, only be failed. If your prediction was wrong you must have misidentified the pattern. Since even changing the scale can give you different patterns from the exact same data one of them was probably right! If not the model doesn't promise to be perfect, answer hazy try again tomorrow.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Are you vaccinated Ghosttttttty?
Is the earth round or flat?
Is 5g causing covid?
Why didn't your mother love you?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

If buttcoiners are aware of the rise in global temperatures do they think of it as "Climate Optimization?"

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

If buttcoiners are aware of the rise in global temperatures do they think of it as "Climate Optimization?"
The planet is experiencing a temperature correction, nothing to worry about.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

The planet is experiencing a temperature correction, nothing to worry about.

You just have to stay calm and hodl and the climate market will inevitably correct. We're just reaching the point where the climate will split and temperature values will naturally adjust.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

buttcoin

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

CaptainSarcastic posted:

You just have to stay calm and hodl and the climate market will inevitably correct. We're just reaching the point where the climate will split and temperature values will naturally adjust.

Just make the temperature the y axis and start at 168 and go to 40,000 like ghost titty does

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Buttcoiners sure do love to gently caress around with the y axis to make their laughable claims look slightly less laughable on first glance.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

SolTerrasa posted:

Also the patterns are fake and meaningless, but if you’re going to believe in divination you owe it to your fans at least read the entrails sensibly
Only in finance could someone see support and resistance meeting as a sign of something other than convergence, but only in hodlbrains does the following random event go only one way.

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 23, 2020

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I got a log scale for your breakout ghosttty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

ah, a bullish pennant from a bullshit pedant

literally a hog
Jan 5, 2006

Mandarrrrrk! Bring me the head of Dexter and Dee Dee shall forever be yours!
Is the videocard mining trend really coming back for what I assume is altcoins? Ive seen it mentioned a couple times in the articles for Nvidia's next gen videocards.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-20-turing-production-end-geforce-rtx-30-ampere-gaming-graphics-card-launch-close/amp/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

literally a hog posted:

Is the videocard mining trend really coming back for what I assume is altcoins? Ive seen it mentioned a couple times in the articles for Nvidia's next gen videocards.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-rtx-20-turing-production-end-geforce-rtx-30-ampere-gaming-graphics-card-launch-close/amp/

god dammit coiners gonna gently caress up another video card market

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

orange juche posted:

I got a log scale for your breakout ghosttty

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs
Wrong version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ2qBlrW9vw

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I wanted to find the soft-serve version.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

literally a hog posted:

I don't think it ever really went away, it was always something you could do in the space where for-purpose machines haven't already been mass distributed. While I doubt we'll see anything quite like the earliest day of Bitcoin or any of the "major" altcoins there has always been demand for these it just sort of stops and starts.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I don't think it's been mentioned, but Steve Wozniak is suing Youtube for letting videos that fake his identity keep running Bitcoin scams:

https://www.theverge.com/2020/7/23/21335554/steve-wozniak-youtube-lawsuit-bitcoin-scam-cryptocurrency-apple

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

buttcoin

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
I bet I could sell a course on fiscal phrenology

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

You didn't answer my question.

Collateral Damage fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Jul 26, 2020

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

TasogareNoKagi
Jul 11, 2013

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I bet I could sell a course on fiscal phrenology

You can't learn anything about buttcoin from examining someone's head. You need to find someone that talks out their rear end.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

TasogareNoKagi posted:

You can't learn anything about buttcoin from examining someone's head. You need to find someone that talks out their rear end.
I think you get some useful data from measuring someone's head, specifically how far it is up their own rear end.

Dawncloack
Nov 26, 2007
ECKS DEE!
Nap Ghost
Is the lulzchain on decline? Has the difficulty of mining lulz gone up?

Sinecure
Sep 10, 2011
I was going to ask what 'DeFi' is, since I've been following these threads since forever and it's the first time I've seen it mentioned.

Then again, I'd probably regret having to read even more crazed coiner ramblings on how it's going to make them rich & us poor (soon!) so I googled it instead. It stands for 'decentralised finance [sector]' and that's all I needed to know.

Fake edit: :lol: at calling it 'value locked', that's indeed money you're never seeing back.

Sinecure fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Jul 26, 2020

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Sinecure posted:

I was going to ask what 'DeFi' is, since I've been following these threads since forever and it's the first time I've seen it mentioned.

Then again, I'd probably regret having to read even more crazed coiner ramblings on how it's going to make them rich & us poor (soon!) so I googled it instead. It stands for 'decentralised finance [sector]' and that's all I needed to know.

Fake edit: :lol: at calling it 'value locked', that's indeed money you're never seeing back.

crypto is a street corner shell game with three shells and a pea

defi is a street corner shell game with a thousand shells and many fractions of a pea

in neither case will you find the pea

you know how crypto recapitulates the history of financial fraud on fast forward? defi recapitulates the history of crypto fraud on fast forward

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

a fool and his money are soon decentralized

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
I would hazard a guess that DeFi is the hot new thing in money laundering and that's why the big growth.

Money goes in, money comes out, you can claim that you made a bundle from your DeFi bet itself (unlike a coin tumbler), and it's all automated "smart" contracts so no human KYC check.

Sinecure
Sep 10, 2011

divabot posted:

you know how crypto recapitulates the history of financial fraud on fast forward? defi recapitulates the history of crypto fraud on fast forward

Oh, that is exactly what I love about cryptocurrency so much. Most of the rules & regulations in our modern societies are there for a reason, but the average coiner just thinks 'I'm smarter than that' and promptly gets scammed.

Happy to hear that we didn't hit bedrock yet, laffs can only go up uP UP!

Klyith posted:

I would hazard a guess that DeFi is the hot new thing in money laundering and that's why the big growth.

Isn't this just the same age-old market cap trick where they sell 0.0001 crypto-pog at 10% more than the previous max price, which suddenly adds billions to the total 'value'? I mean, I have no idea how current trading volume compares to the past, but it certainly doesn't seem to be higher than a year or two ago. That might just be due to the 2tx/sec limit though..

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Why build a mining rig datacenter when you can build a mining datacenter combined with a water park:

https://www.designboom.com/architecture/post-jcpoa-tower-crypto-park-water-theme-park-cryptocurrency-mining-tehran-iran-06-01-2019/

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
this diagram explains defi pretty well

each transition is another scam

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I'm the flop

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Wtf is 'fess' and 'hope' meant to do.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

happyhippy posted:

Wtf is 'fess' and 'hope' meant to do.

Reduce your sentence, hopefully

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

ymgve posted:

Why build a mining rig datacenter when you can build a mining datacenter combined with a water park:

https://www.designboom.com/architecture/post-jcpoa-tower-crypto-park-water-theme-park-cryptocurrency-mining-tehran-iran-06-01-2019/

So infinite energy by pumping water up, then letting it fall down again through a waterturbine.

I wonder why no-one else have thought about that.
I really want to see that thing built though. Would be funny.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

ymgve posted:

I'm the waterwheels that somehow generate meaningful power and isn't wasted by pumping the water to above the wheel.
Also the complete lack of fire escape or stairs that go the entire length because this isn't a fire hazard at all.

Vesi posted:

this diagram explains defi pretty well

each transition is another scam
End User -> Cash -> End

I would like to see the cat kick flip process in detail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ymgve posted:

Where do you put the strawberries to dry out?