Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nanigans posted:

Man, coming from mostly collecting import figures, hearing that a figure that costs $25 is "too much" seems like not so bad of a problem. But then, I guess I'm more selective with the figures I get, whereas I see the appeal of collecting Black Series/Legends is having an entire roster/story arc or whatever represented, so you end up spending about as much when you collect the whole series. But I just don't have the space for something like that.
Yeah, like, I just grabbed a few booster boxes of magic cards after not playing for decades to check the new stuff out, and thought "wow, only 80 bucks for an entire box, these are pretty cheap!" and realized my mind has been poisoned by action figure and miniatures pricing :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Hasbro's slowly working toward pricing everything at $25 it seems, first trying it with the 50th anniversary Thor, Cap and Iron Man figures which, granted, were pretty fantastic but I think they're going to keep their mainline Legends waves at $20 while making separate "premium" figures at $25 for a while still.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
loving YESSSS

I'm glad I jumped into this line when I did!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah it's more like a $30-40 price increase to a wave, since those are 6-8 depending on if they're BAF waves or not.

These aren't in a wave with a BAF, thus far all of those sorts of figures have been $25

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Please don't give Big Trump Fundraiser money.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

We're not supposed to call them that anymore since it now isn't clear whether it means WWE or AEW.

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

Didn't expect to see this at Walmart today

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Captain Invictus posted:

Yeah, like, I just grabbed a few booster boxes of magic cards after not playing for decades to check the new stuff out, and thought "wow, only 80 bucks for an entire box, these are pretty cheap!" and realized my mind has been poisoned by action figure and miniatures pricing :v:

Quarantine means not paying for gas, not paying for tolls, not paying for coffee out, so I've been kind of recklessly spending money these past few weeks. And anytime I decide to buy something from World of Nintendo or another domestic brand, my brain interprets "under $50? What a steal!" when in reality, most of the figures I've been buying were probably like $10 at retail and I'm paying like double or triple in some cases 'cause they're out of print, but they were so cheap to start with, that it's still not a huge jump.

Speaking of, I'm waiting on a Toad figure from eBay that the Post Office said would be delivered on Monday, and a Samus Aran figure that wasn't actually in-stock (but stated to be) at another site and it's loving me up. I need the sweet endorphin rush of opening up a figure to keep away the pandemic-demons.

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 22, 2020

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Who’s a pretty Merman?!?

https://twitter.com/mondonews/status/1285998114881536001?s=21

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

The Cobra Trooper is also flinging foam:

Sniper Rifle:

Pistols:

Assault Rifle:

I was annoyed with the first wave having guns with Sci-fi stuff added to them, but this is even worse.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

I'm telling you guys, if you don't like the guns just get some Little Armory stuff

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
I never watched the show as a kid, but I thought all theirguns shot out lasers?

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

JT Smiley posted:

The guns did in the cartoons but they all still carried firearms based for the most part of real weapons. Giving them literal Nerf guns is just going to piss people off.

And I don’t get the bike with the Baroness. Like wouldn’t you do a update of a classic vehicle not something that no one wants at all?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

JT Smiley posted:

The show yes, but the toys' weapons initially were all based on real-world firearms. Roadblock had a Browning .50 cal. A lot of them had Colt .45 automatics, etc.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Rhyno posted:

loving YESSSS

Yep, that Mr T rules. Wave 4 Jake the Snake is pretty cool too. Some of the character mashups in this line are a bit half-baked, but they've really nailed a few of them. The undertaker and new day figures in particular.

Kinda surprised they haven't done any of the women yet. Though, if we get a Queen Charlotte before we ever get a vintage style Queen Marlena I'm gonna be sad.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Captain Morose posted:

Yep, that Mr T rules. Wave 4 Jake the Snake is pretty cool too. Some of the character mashups in this line are a bit half-baked, but they've really nailed a few of them. The undertaker and new day figures in particular.

Kinda surprised they haven't done any of the women yet. Though, if we get a Queen Charlotte before we ever get a vintage style Queen Marlena I'm gonna be sad.

I doubt the Jake will see the light of day.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

imo giving make-believe army mans make-believe guns is kind of perfect

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gann Jerrod posted:

The Cobra Trooper is also flinging foam:

Sniper Rifle:

Pistols:

Assault Rifle:

I was annoyed with the first wave having guns with Sci-fi stuff added to them, but this is even worse.

Are you kidding? This is hilarious cross-branding and I love it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1286060426187481089?s=20

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Djarum posted:

I doubt the Jake will see the light of day.

Why's that? Walmart listing is up and images of the packaged figure were revealed earlier today. Kinda seems like it's happening...?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Captain Morose posted:

Why's that? Walmart listing is up and images of the packaged figure were revealed earlier today. Kinda seems like it's happening...?

He's with a rival wrestling company now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He probably meant because Jake's in AEW now, but they must have signed off on that way before then.

Prophet of Nixon
May 7, 2007

Thou art not a crook!

Rhyno posted:

Where/how does one get this Mr T?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Prophet of Nixon posted:

Where/how does one get this Mr T?

Walmart dot com had three preorders remaining when I searched for it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ooh. I want 2015 Doc, but good to know they have Lloyd’s likeness rights.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Now i'll buy that Marty.

Also this figure set rules.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
https://twitter.com/gbnewsdotcom/status/1285974964236095491

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Someone brought a bear to a party?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Maybe I got a Milkbone.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

He probably meant because Jake's in AEW now, but they must have signed off on that way before then.

Oh, poo poo, that's awesome! I haven't been keeping up with rasslin the past few months.

But yeah, I'm guessing it's good to go anyway if they went ahead and revealed it. Hope so. It looks great.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

If they are doing Disheveled Central Park Tully then maybe my all-Janine wave idea is possible

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
It sucks that they packed him with the exact same Terror Dog as the build a figure one.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Captain Morose posted:

I thought they didn’t show a packaged Jake, at least that what was going around earlier today.

Mattel has had to pull product before with wrestler license issues so it isn’t unprecedented.

And yeah Jake is managing Lance Archer and has been pretty awesome. If you haven’t watched AEW I highly recommend it. Especially if you don’t have a lot of exposure of non-WWE wrestling. It is a pretty radical difference.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Snake Eyes is back in stock on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Hasbro-Class...95473299&sr=8-1

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I'm really glad I'm not bothering to collect these exclusive Mondo variants or else I'd be pissed. People are saying they were getting errors on the site, and then it sold out instantly most likely to bots.

Not surprisingly there are now 20+ of these Merman figures on eBay all for $700 or more.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Grant DaNasty posted:

I'm really glad I'm not bothering to collect these exclusive Mondo variants or else I'd be pissed. People are saying they were getting errors on the site, and then it sold out instantly most likely to bots.

Not surprisingly there are now 20+ of these Merman figures on eBay all for $700 or more.

This is an insanely common problem with Mondo and part of the reason I've stopped giving a drat about most of their releases. They're overrun with bots on releases and their site can never deal with a hot product launch. They refuse to solve either problem by even the most rudimentary methods (captcha, better scaling groups, etc).

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Oh, gently caress me. Hot Toys just announced a sixth scale zombie Iron Man from Far From Home.

Really hoping they keep the price near the actual plastic iron man figures and not the diecast, but I'm pretty sure they are just going to turbofuck my wallet.

Cable got announced from Deadpool 2, and weirdly enough, it looks less like Brolin than the 3rd party one, and has less accessories. Gonna cost a shitload more though, that's for sure.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Please post pics. I don’t use Facebook nor am I on sideshow freaks

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Destro also back in stock for $20 as of a few minutes ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Shiroc posted:

It sucks that they packed him with the exact same Terror Dog as the build a figure one.

The Terror Dogs in the film are exactly the same, save for the size of their horns, which are larger on Vinz Clortho.