Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ikanreed posted:

Is this a real anime? Because that kind of low brow meta humor appeals directly to my internet damaged mind.

some quick googling tells me that that's not the actual text

so basically, someone has gone onto the internet and told lies

a thing I was assured once that no one would do

edit: snipe tax

Memento has a new favorite as of 02:44 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I thought 'suck an egg' was about the old saying 'teaching your grandmother to suck eggs' which I'm just realising is different from blowing eggs, though both get an empty eggshell for decorating.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
People call testicles eggs

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Top picture is a sleep paralysis demon

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Data Graham posted:

Surely the issue with "sucks" if you know the actual meaning is more that it's homophobic?

Like, why would it be a bad thing to suck dick unless you're — ohhh

I feel like a lot of homophobia is just misogyny with an added layer of indirection. Something like "being a guy and sucking dick is bad because that's a thing women do and therefore it's womanly and bad".

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
It's that, but with the added layer of "gay men frighten me because the idea of another man treating me like i treat women scares the poo poo out of me"

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I always thought it was "sucks rear end" not "sucks dick"? I guess eating rear end is all the rage these days but at least it's not a slur just something kinda gross.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Mahna mahna

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

you suck lemons, or eggs.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
When life gives you lemons, suck dick-ade.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Phy posted:

Mahna mahna

doot doo doo do do

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Doc Hawkins posted:

you suck lemons, or eggs.

I always thought sucking eggs was something I wasn't supposed to teach my grandmother to do, on account of her already being an expert in the activity.

That saying gets a lot more gross if you remember that "eggs" is slang in many languages for testicles.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
It's also gross when dads call their kids "little squirt"

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
The only time I ever heard "teach your grandmother to suck eggs" as a kid was Ren and Stimpy. My mother said that the show was disgusting and rude. So I assumed that the phrase was incredibly profane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVM1nUmDHHc

I have never in my adult life heard or read someone use the phrase. Google says it means that you are trying to instruct a wise old master in the basics, and they know more than you do.

What is the actual egg sucking process, and why? Are you sipping a raw egg through the broken shell? Is it for nutrition, or to preserve the egg shell whole for other uses? Are you sucking the egg out of the bird's cloaca?

I do not know and I do not understand. You'are mother's mother is a master of sucking eggs. What? How? Why?

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

BrigadierSensible posted:

I always thought sucking eggs was something I wasn't supposed to teach my grandmother to do, on account of her already being an expert in the activity.

I’m sorry you have to find out this way, but your grandmother probably had sex at least once.

Dale-Taco
Feb 19, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Top picture is a sleep paralysis demon

I don't know what demons you all are visited by but this guy scares the poo poo outta me.

https://m.ranker.com/list/phantom-hat-man-facts/erin-mccann

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

WITCHCRAFT posted:

The only time I ever heard "teach your grandmother to suck eggs" as a kid was Ren and Stimpy. My mother said that the show was disgusting and rude. So I assumed that the phrase was incredibly profane.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVM1nUmDHHc

I have never in my adult life heard or read someone use the phrase. Google says it means that you are trying to instruct a wise old master in the basics, and they know more than you do.

What is the actual egg sucking process, and why? Are you sipping a raw egg through the broken shell? Is it for nutrition, or to preserve the egg shell whole for other uses? Are you sucking the egg out of the bird's cloaca?

I do not know and I do not understand. You'are mother's mother is a master of sucking eggs. What? How? Why?

Nutrition and desperation, but it wasn't something you'd brag about doing. When times were tough and food had to be rationed on the farm, the easiest way to sneak a little extra protein for yourself was to go in the henhouse and steal an egg. You couldn't carry it with you cause you'd get caught and you certainly couldn't cook it, so you'd poke a hole in the shell, suck it out and leave the crushed shell pieces in the straw.

Implying someone knew how to suck eggs was like saying they were a weasel or a thief.

Eggs also have a few amino acids that can stave off a form of blindness commonly caused by malnutrition. Older folks that could still see fairly well got a good amount of suspicion during times of hardship.

Macdeo Lurjtux has a new favorite as of 07:37 on Jul 23, 2020

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

You know what also sounds like a really rude phrase, but actually isn't? Saying that someone has been "ridden hard and put away wet".

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

That comes from a person who's never heard 'cock up your beaver'.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Now THAT’s the kind of dog I can kill in a video game!

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.

Hyperlynx posted:

You know what also sounds like a really rude phrase, but actually isn't? Saying that someone has been "ridden hard and put away wet".

What does that mean?

It's a horse metaphor.

Well, what does that mean?

He's hosed up.

He sure is.

Serious bonus points if you get that reference.

Melaneus has a new favorite as of 08:49 on Jul 23, 2020

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://i.imgur.com/F3fTn2Y.mp4

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Johnny Aztec posted:

BA-DUM TISH!

Solice Kirsk posted:

Talk about passing the buck.
11 pages ago I posted an image from a news report about a shart attack, and no-one even blinked...not even Bigger Boat...

:smith:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
There's no way that cat got in there on its own.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Mokinokaro posted:

There's no way that cat got in there on its own.

Maybe. Could have wedged itself in there while the case was open, then the cameraman put the panel on to make a funny video.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

wanna pet that CPU

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

What kind of beans are those?

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Am I the only one who thinks that's gonna be a lot of cat hair in there?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

nexus6 posted:

If you have cats, there's already insane amounts of cat hair in your computers.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

nexus6 posted:

It's cool, that's a Windows 7 coa sticker. That PC is over 8 years old.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Don't store your leftover cat in the case.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

Loss, right?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Nope just a headache

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

Sweet, just four more and you can connect to the Ethernet.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

The mushrooms are starting to kick in

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

ol qwerty bastard posted:

Sweet, just four more and you can connect to the Ethernet.

nah just need a modem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sneakyfrog posted:

nah just need a meowdem