Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I like that a lot of the recent generation games have added adaptive or minimized HUD options. It lets you have all that information when necessary while still being able to appreciate the graphics and the game world without a bunch of clutter on top of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The amount of times you can cheese tough enemies in GoW by knocking then off a small incline which is apparently instant death is pretty hilarious.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Policenaut posted:

Still really hoping PS5 has an activity log. It kind of irks me that Sony has this information of all our play times but the only way we ever get to find out is at the end of the year and it's only for like our top 3 games.

The risks (embarassing publishers) probably outweigh the rewards for Sony

Edit: my bad, was thinking you meant system-wide stuff, not personal info

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

bows1 posted:

I’d also love To know what open world game has the best varied side quest structures.

Yakuza 0. the best open world game. the one worth that title.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Sakurazuka posted:

The amount of times you can cheese tough enemies in GoW by knocking then off a small incline which is apparently instant death is pretty hilarious.

That was the only way I beat those freakin' wolves behind the platform with the immortal guardian dude.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
new ... colours...

https://www.trulyexquisite.co.uk/24k-gold-ps5

a 24k gold ps5.

:eyepop:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The PiS5 is real

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Wasn't there a discussion a few pages ago about conspicuous consumption of videogames in a time of global pandemic and mass unemployment? lol

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Xbox presentation is on. You know what that means?

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1286321708136312835

Games for PS4.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

The actual show starts in 30 min. It’s the pre show but they are showing off a few new things.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I love Ghost of Tsushima so much, maybe my favorite open world game, but I am going to rant about something silly for a moment.

The traveller's attire should not exist. Everything it does should be the default. For what I want out of this game and how I prioritize activities, I have ended up wearing the travelers armor for 97% of my playtime. All the armor that does cool stuff relegated to the bin because revealing the map is all I crave. Read somewhere that doing all the mongol strongholds reveals the entire map, so going to try doing that now that I got to act 3, but that's... still kinda lame to be honest if it's true. Combat's so easy that I don't exactly miss the benefits but eh, it would be cooler.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Policenaut posted:

Games for PS4.

SE looked at Atlus charging full price for the same game with some extras and went 'I can do that'

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Born in an open world
Raised on a climbable tower

Failboattootoot posted:

revealing the map is all I crave

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Failboattootoot posted:

I love Ghost of Tsushima so much, maybe my favorite open world game, but I am going to rant about something silly for a moment.

The traveller's attire should not exist. Everything it does should be the default. For what I want out of this game and how I prioritize activities, I have ended up wearing the travelers armor for 97% of my playtime. All the armor that does cool stuff relegated to the bin because revealing the map is all I crave. Read somewhere that doing all the mongol strongholds reveals the entire map, so going to try doing that now that I got to act 3, but that's... still kinda lame to be honest if it's true. Combat's so easy that I don't exactly miss the benefits but eh, it would be cooler.

I agree but it’s also my favourite one aesthetically (with the white dye) so I would wear it all the time anyway

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finishing the game reveals all the remaining mongol strongholds and finishing those reveals all the map.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

yea i sort of felt the same way about the travellers attire but with strongholds revealing a a large radius around them and the foxes and birds guiding you neat places frequently ive ditched it for something more combat oriented

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I never used the traveler's attire after I got better stuff unless I was actively searching for collectibles, it's not necessary.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Housh posted:

The actual show starts in 30 min. It’s the pre show but they are showing off a few new things.

What is happening?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I use the Sekai clan armor and I'm jacked to the gills with combat oriented charms. Just about everyone I fight dies to me hitting a couple heavy attacks to break their guard then a couple quick attacks. Duels will still gently caress me up though.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Failboattootoot posted:

You can change your clothes at any time in a matter of seconds.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Here's the Xbox stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR5rVJFRN0s

Feed is 1080p60 so it looks absolutely poo poo

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Shammypants posted:

What is happening?

Some Xbox game reveal show

So Halo then

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Games for PS4.

Lord help me, I'm about to buy this game a 4th time.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Shammypants posted:

What is happening?

NiGHTS
https://youtu.be/yVNsnrPkCI8

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Vikar Jerome posted:

Yakuza 0. the best open world game. the one worth that title.

another good point.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I love Yakuza but calling it open world is a bit of a stretch

unless :thejoke:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yuji Naka is back with a NiGHTS game that isn't NiGHTS

https://twitter.com/balanwworld/status/1286329140120113152

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVNsnrPkCI8

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

Looks like a lovely ripoff of Mario Odyssey with NiGHTS

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Excited for the continuing adventures of john masterchief

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Here's the Xbox stream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR5rVJFRN0s

Feed is 1080p60 so it looks absolutely poo poo

Yeah can we talk about it in here? I absolutely loathe Halo so I’m expecting a good 1 and a half minutes of things I may possible be interested in if it’s not Xbox exclusive

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Wow, we really have to watch this whole hourlong show with these people talking?

If you watch on Twitter there is no commentary

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
No commentary stream https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjS3EHKWPxY

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

lmao it looks sooooo generic

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lmao it looks sooooo generic

My personal view is that Doom ate their lunch. This is basically Doom Guy fighting less interesting monsters with a hamfisted scifi story thrown in.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Good to see combat has not evolved in 19 years

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Shammypants posted:

My personal view is that Doom ate their lunch. This is basically Doom Guy fighting less interesting monsters with a hamfisted scifi story thrown in.

Yeah the grappling hook just made me want to replay some Doom Eternal levels

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I love Yakuza but calling it open world is a bit of a stretch

unless :thejoke:

What about it is not open-world? It's a single zone with outer boundaries but otherwise no limitations on where you can go. Sometimes there are a couple distinct zones.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

All I can say after watching this is... I will be buying a PS5

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

PantsBandit posted:

What about it is not open-world?

the size

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Yeah it's a better open-world because it's smaller. Everything is crammed into a small area so you don't need to wander across a map for half an hour.

Still an open-world game.