Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
Ground a fresh batch so I had to sample!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
SAMPLE ANOTHER.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Oh yes that browning

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
A burg was made

Beef
Cheddar
Iceberg
Mustard
Spanish onion
Tomato
Dill pickle
Birds eye chillies
Mayo toasted bun

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I made a burgmonster and ate it. It was pretty good!

e: that's not a failed bite, just buns spaced out wrong so they grow into each other :negative:

ee: also thanks for that awesome beet root relish recipe! delicious!

tuo fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Jul 20, 2020

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
I’m visiting my hometown this weekend and my nephews requested “the best hamburgers in the world”. I’ll post pics as I go along, here’s the meat before it’s pre-grinding chill in the freezer:
The big bit is 60 day chuck, the small bit is 100 day brisket, dry aged from Dexter cows.

edit:grindy grindy.

Torquemada fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jul 23, 2020

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES
Oh poo poo

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Don’t stop, I’m close.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
So good.

field balm
Feb 5, 2012

Goddamn I can only get so hard

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I have a problem. I make a burg with full intention of taking a picture and sharing it here.

But when I complete the burger my hands move on their own and immediately stuff it in my mouth.

It happens every time. Smash burger, grill burger, cheese, bacon...doesn’t matter. I can’t help myself.

Am I wrong? Should I resist these carnal urges and take a picture to share with strangers on the internet?

Or is this normal? I don’t think I can control it.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I would have a pic every few posts if I could control my ravenous hungers

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I have a problem. I make a burg with full intention of taking a picture and sharing it here.

But when I complete the burger my hands move on their own and immediately stuff it in my mouth.

It happens every time. Smash burger, grill burger, cheese, bacon...doesn’t matter. I can’t help myself.

Am I wrong? Should I resist these carnal urges and take a picture to share with strangers on the internet?

:(:respek::(

You cannot control the inevitable. Submit to the burg. The burg is life.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Phil Moscowitz posted:

its k, dune posting pal

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

My buddy gave me his Blackstone for my birthday a couple months ago (he tried to sell it to me a couple weeks prior, and then just gave it to me because he needed the garage space lmao). I finally got around to reseasoning it today, and then made some dry-aged smashburgers with ground beef from Porter Road.

This is the only picture I got because once the burgers were assembled, they mysteriously vanished.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Shroomie posted:

This is the only picture I got because once the burgers were assembled, they mysteriously vanished.
That phenomenon happens to me too. :iiam:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Bacon cheddar burgs from the 'co.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

A burg from the other day, not a great pic but it is a pic at least :v:

Also leftovers next day with honestly a better bun.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Hungry Jacks here is skirting copyright laws with their new Big Jack and Mega Jack burgers. Went with the Mega to get the value in

Was decent and very large, but nothing special.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Looks like a Big Mick to me, except for the seeds

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Torquemada posted:

I’m visiting my hometown this weekend and my nephews requested “the best hamburgers in the world”. I’ll post pics as I go along, here’s the meat before it’s pre-grinding chill in the freezer:
The big bit is 60 day chuck, the small bit is 100 day brisket, dry aged from Dexter cows.

edit:grindy grindy.

Excuse me, I was promised more pics of said best burgers in the world.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
guac made in a molcajete, cheddar and smoked bacon (sorry for the delay!)

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

I made a quick pair of lunchburgers.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Excellent smash technique :burger:

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Bread butter pickle, lettuce, bacon cheeseburger w/ mustard bbq sauce glaze, jalapeno-banana-hot cherry relish, slivered onion, ketchup, homemade onion roll.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

toplitzin posted:

Bread butter pickle, lettuce, bacon cheeseburger w/ mustard bbq sauce glaze, jalapeno-banana-hot cherry relish, slivered onion, ketchup, homemade onion roll.

This is magnificent.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

toplitzin posted:

jalapeno-banana-hot cherry relish

desire to know more intensifies

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

aejix posted:

desire to know more intensifies

Open fridge, pull out the jar of banana peppers, the jar of hot cherry peppers, half a shallot, a fresh jalapeno, and a pat of butter.
Toss the butter in the pan over medium high heat.
Dice all the peppers and alliums.
Toss into the butter with a shake of crushed red peppers.
Fry til crispy/done-ness level is reached.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Had a pub burger today, was seriously good though kind of a pain to eat civilisedly. The onion rings were also basically perfect. Family wanted a get together when they were still no covid cases in the state (we've been clean for a couple of months, but given even NZ has had a new outbreak we're all a bit pessimistic about that lasting).

A Sometimes Food fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Aug 13, 2020

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Had a massive gap in my work day so tried outa little burger bar I found

Tried their "Chilli F#@king Hot"burger and chips with a couple of beers. Very tasty.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I do have a question, why is it often in Aussie or Europe when they have bacon it is the floppy kind vs the crispy pork belly? Same thing for Canada I suppose Canadian Bacon,

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Gatts posted:

I do have a question, why is it often in Aussie or Europe when they have bacon it is the floppy kind vs the crispy pork belly? Same thing for Canada I suppose Canadian Bacon,
Partly it's down to which part of the pig it comes from; whether it's from the stomach, the back, or the sides - so because they contain different amounts of fat and meat respectively, they fry differently.

Source: Half-remembered conversation with a butcher when helping slaughter and butcher from when I was little, plus I'm from :denmark:

What's typically called bacon in America is normally referred to as 'flæsk' in Danish, and is served in much thicker slices with potatoes topped with white sauce plus parsley and pickled beets on the side.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
They’re just different ends of one piece, in reality. In the UK we have ‘streaky bacon’, which is the standard US rasher style, ‘back bacon’ which includes the round meaty section of the loin and the first few inches of costal fat, and slightly more old fashioned ‘middle bacon’ which is the whole thing in one very long strip.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Gatts posted:

It's as simple as the fact that many regions call different cuts of pork "bacon" and then every other type gets an adjective to differentiate it. Whatever the people there grew up with is the normal kind to them.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

iajanus posted:

Whatever the people there grew up with is the normal kind to them.

Maybe but the best kind of bacon is from the belly.

"Rashers" and Canadian bacon don't make sense to me. There's no fat in Canadian bacon/Rashers, it's just the lean end of the loin.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Maybe but the best kind of bacon is from the belly.

"Rashers" and Canadian bacon don't make sense to me. There's no fat in Canadian bacon/Rashers, it's just the lean end of the loin.

I guess I should say thanks for reinforcing my point? Again, people tend to think whatever the local version is is superior (which is pretty normal for totally subjective things). This isn't unusual.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

drat you all now I'm craving bacon.

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Vestre Bådelaug, a harbor complex in Aalborg, has a restaurant attached which serves a pork sandwich:

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Sweet Hot burger from Turtle Shack Cafe in Flagler Beach, FL.

Why did I go for the 12oz (!) patty instead of the 6oz? Was it a mistake? I blacked out from the meat sweats immediately afterward, so I guess we'll never know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Has anyone been to Flame Trees Burger Bar in Ferntree Gully, Melbourne? I just moved to the area and wondering if it's worth spending my hard-earned burger dollars there. The reviews seem to be good but I've had some pretty lovely burgers from places that got good reviews.