Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Erica is how they say a big mood sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Today I learned, that the completely forgettable anime about flying pants-less girls fighting CGI monsters I saw one or two episodes of a long time ago is apparently a giant multi-series franchise. Huh.

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 23, 2020

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Acknowledging it exists was a big no-no during Zoraks reign, so it's very much possible to not know about it if you mostly got your anime news from here.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Why was Zorak so uptight about strike witches anyway? Bad optics?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

obviously exceptions were made for things he liked, but in general fanservice or things construed as such were not welcome

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Very much remember Zorak bending over backwards to justify why he liked Kill la Kill.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Kill la Kill is a very good show.

I do seem to remember the thread for it being closed halfway through its airing.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

isn't negima all about how a bunch of adults want to take a child to pound town

wasn't Kill La Kill about how a bunch of adults want to take their children to pound town

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

no you're thinking of kodomo no jikan

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Kill la Kill got problematic around that point if I recall.

That's okay, I watch trash now and I admit it. Uzaki-chan is pretty funny.

Also been watching Umayon because I love me some horsegirls and light comedy.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

still a blessed miracle we had a zvezda thread under zorak

e: ah wait jonjonaug made it, so it was under the auspices...i see

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i feel like if you start with "don't worry about the outfits" there isn't actually much to zvezda besides the tentacle episode

actually looking back the zvezda thread owns. the trolls all get probed and dick spacious posts the tentacle gifs

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Kwyndig posted:

Why was Zorak so uptight about strike witches anyway? Bad optics?

In this case, I personally agree that the anime where minors are not allowed to wear pants really shouldn't be discussed much at all

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

ninjewtsu posted:

In this case, I personally agree that the anime where minors are not allowed to wear pants really shouldn't be discussed much at all

I always thought people were joking about Strike Witches but is this really the premise behind it? (I've never seen it btw)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dogsicle posted:

obviously exceptions were made for things he liked, but in general fanservice or things construed as such were not welcome

That was part of a general cleanup of ADTRW, because before that it was reputedly not great and getting more than a little creepy. Strike Witches exemplifies the worst of that and it's not really surprising he'd want that banned as part of it.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I always thought people were joking about Strike Witches but is this really the premise behind it? (I've never seen it btw)

I have never seen the show myself but my understanding is yes, the basic premise is one set up such that the vast majority of the show's nonadult female cast do not wear pants for reasons that I'm sure are very well justified in lore. In the last few pages there have been several posts confirming this

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Just googled it and I thought it was basically proto-KanColle and holy poo poo was I wrong.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Wasn’t zorak friends with a bunch of pedo posters who also had their own like irc?

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

big fan of conversations where a group of people who have not seen a show reassure each other that yes, their understandings of it are entirely correct

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ADTRW will never move beyond Zorak.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Just googled it and I thought it was basically proto-KanColle and holy poo poo was I wrong.
Not nearly as boring as Kantai Collection.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Elephant Parade posted:

big fan of conversations where a group of people who have not seen a show reassure each other that yes, their understandings of it are entirely correct

yes i also use the internet

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
not sure what to do with this circular conversation where after pages of people going, "no strike witches wasn't unique, we discussed stuff like it before and there's stuff airing now that's perverted and that people are watching", the poster who just said they watched and enjoyed KLK expresses faux incredulity at the idea of a show where the teen characters aren't wearing pants

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Kill la Kill is a very good show.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
This whole discussion seems very off topic. Tell me about the shows where women have their rear end and tits out that are airing in the summer of 2020

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://files.catbox.moe/hhcfvk.mp4

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

yes, its proto azur lane

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

DisDisDis posted:

This whole discussion seems very off topic. Tell me about the shows where women have their rear end and tits out that are airing in the summer of 2020

whats that big boobie girl show currently airing

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Endorph posted:

yes, its proto azur lane

lol

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

whats that big boobie girl show currently airing

i always forget because its 'the sugoi dekai girl comic' in my brain, i like the manga but dont think i could sit down for 20 minutes of it animated

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Elephant Parade posted:

Is my understanding incorrect? Personally I don't go out of my way to watch shows that I'm uninterested in and potentially repulsed by so I'm totally willing to take your word for it

Space Flower posted:

not sure what to do with this circular conversation where after pages of people going, "no strike witches wasn't unique, we discussed stuff like it before and there's stuff airing now that's perverted and that people are watching", the poster who just said they watched and enjoyed KLK expresses faux incredulity at the idea of a show where the teen characters aren't wearing pants

If it helps I am totally ok with not discussing klk. I welcome it, even

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Jul 24, 2020

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

ninjewtsu posted:

Is my understanding incorrect? Personally I don't go out of my way to watch shows that I'm uninterested in and potentially repulsed by so I'm totally willing to take your word for it
I haven't seen it either. I just think that reassuring somebody whose understanding of a work is based solely on second-hand observation that their understanding is correct when your own understanding is also based solely on second-hand observation runs the risk of perpetuating myths about the work.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Ok but I pointed out that several people who had seen the work backed up that understanding in this very thread

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

just tell me why they don't wear the pants

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

So that its funnier when people act like hideaki anno, eva creator and noted strike witches fans, hates fanservice and otaku

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Endorph posted:

So that its funnier when people act like hideaki anno, eva creator and noted strike witches fans, hates fanservice and otaku

a fair reason

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

It's cause they got propeller feets when flying so therefore wearing pants would end up just ruining the pants anyways

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

ninjewtsu posted:

Ok but I pointed out that several people who had seen the work backed up that understanding in this very thread
Fair enough I guess

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I liked the dynamic between the two hero girls in Zvezda, where neither knew the other's identity (I think) but each looked up to the other in the separate aspects of their lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011