Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

can we dumb opinion clickbait

(clicks article, Matt is upset because of the pandemic meaning no crowds)

He's working anyway. He's coming up with a new character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

TNT is FURIOUS that their show is 5th in the demo most of the time!!!!

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Neodoomium posted:

lol this dude hangs out in chocopro chat being dumb as hell along with like 12 other guys wanting to know why Emi and Mei aren't currently wrestling on AEW TV or whether they think (insert obviously under contract wrestler here) will appear on the next chocopro show

Yes my guy I'm sure you'll get Tam Nakano in Ichigaya next week

We did get Jungle Kyona vs. Yuna Mizumori in gtmv once so it's not impossible, just really really unlikely haha

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Do we even know what TNT's plans were for a second show other than "we've been talking about it?" Most of the speculation was about moving Dark to TV, which could still happen since they're still taping that and putting important stars on it. COVID obviously hosed everything up, but by all accounts TNT is extremely happy with AEW and wants to make them a big part of the WarnerMedia family.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Benne posted:

Do we even know what TNT's plans were for a second show other than "we've been talking about it?" Most of the speculation was about moving Dark to TV, which could still happen since they're still taping that and putting important stars on it. COVID obviously hosed everything up, but by all accounts TNT is extremely happy with AEW and wants to make them a big part of the WarnerMedia family.

Tony was on Eric Bischoff's podcast recently and from the sounds of it, it doesn't sound like they just want to air Dark. He said he wants it to be pretty different in style and presentation from Dynamite. Personally, I'm hoping he's studying Lucha Underground since that's the closest any wrestling show has come to feeling different.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Pylons posted:

Personally, I'm hoping he's studying Lucha Underground since that's the closest any wrestling show has come to feeling different.

I kinda hope he doesn't since that show was a massive ratings flop and hemorrhaged millions of dollars for years, and I say that as one of this forum's biggest LU stans at the time.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Benne posted:

I kinda hope he doesn't since that show was a massive ratings flop and hemorrhaged millions of dollars for years, and I say that as one of this forum's biggest LU stans at the time.

To be fair, there's a lot of really dumb mistakes that LU made (and it being a ratings flop could almost entirely be attributed to it being on a channel that nobody had) that I don't see AEW repeating. The not touring or selling tickets, and especially the completely abysmal merchandising that LU did, I don't think would be mistakes that AEW makes.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
AEW Lightning will be the show we've been waiting for

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Pylons posted:

To be fair, there's a lot of really dumb mistakes that LU made (and it being a ratings flop could almost entirely be attributed to it being on a channel that nobody had) that I don't see AEW repeating. The not touring or selling tickets, and especially the completely abysmal merchandising that LU did, I don't think would be mistakes that AEW makes.

LU's whole thing predicated on being a "TV show about wrestling" instead of an actual wrestling promotion, and it was funded by Hollywood bigwigs with that exact mindset -- right down to the contracts that were structured like TV deals with multi-season lockdowns, which turned out to be very problematic when wrestlers tried to work outside dates and were blocked from doing so, even when the show went literal years between tapings and was obviously on its deathbed. Basically they tried to run wrestling like a TV show without knowing the huge differences between business, talent relations, and fan interaction, and a lot of people lost their shirt in the process. I'm still shocked it made it to a fourth season.

LU had a lot of good ideas and great matches, but at the end of the day it was a financial boondoggle and arguably a failed experiment.

Benne fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jul 24, 2020

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
LIJ had the only good authority figure in wrestling history.

Dario Cuerto is the Exalted One.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Wow when did Dario Cueto join LIJ; must have missed that development

Strange replacement for EVIL really

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
An improvement.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
https://twitter.com/TomBlargh/status/1286398151809736704?s=20

https://twitter.com/TomBlargh/status/1286420192852156416?s=20

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Ah, the old Nitro party excuse.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving amazing.

"Literally every metric for rating that exists shows that the ONLY demographic that prefers NXT over AEW (barely) are 50+ years old."
"So what you're saying is that NXT dominates AEW in the youth demographics?"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Metrics show NXT is a big hit in the 0-3 demo

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Rarity posted:

Metrics show NXT is a big hit in the 0-3 demo

NXT is a big hit with people who do not have object permanence yet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

It was on a channel many people had (UniMas) and got cancelled after one season.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
NXT dominated in the most important demographic: the 0-100 demo of ghosts, spirits, apparitions, and poltergeists, who are eternally bound to this mortal plane, haunting people and making objects fly around the room. But they still take time out every Wednesday to watch NXT. Take that AEWailures :ghost:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

It was on a channel many people had (UniMas) and got cancelled after one season.

c'mon MRT, everyone knows a lucha libre show had no chance to succeed on a spanish-language channel!

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
https://twitter.com/MaskedSprStr/status/1286716625190817792

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ah yes, the inventors of banging your head, Mosh & Thrasher the late 90s WWF tag team The Headbangers.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

comparing WARHORSE to the Headbangers is the greatest compliment the Headbangers have ever received

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

... says the man roleplaying as The Masked Superstar

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

c'mon MRT, everyone knows a lucha libre show had no chance to succeed on a spanish-language channel!

it just had to go... underground.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That guy is a treasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAo2R1K4lJQ

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Tom is kidding. He's not an idiot.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Yeah he's doing a bit, his next tweet includes the phrase "do NOT bully me"

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Imagine being a Gatoh Move fan, but also a serious Cornette type

https://twitter.com/Hristo_Clutchi/status/1287780336546516992?s=19

https://twitter.com/Hristo_Clutchi/status/1287384846080385028?s=19

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
If you are anti Lulu Pencil then I do not wish to know you

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Less nonsense...

...in Gatoh Move...

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The real villain in all of this is the account that liked the very dumb and bad tweet.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I hope Emi finds and chops the dogshit out of that guy

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Good Radiance Kairi

https://twitter.com/MaddocksT/status/1287936292660154368

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Good Radiance:

Bad Radiance:

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

So does this dingus not know that wrestling is a work or is he just an rear end in a top hat or both?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Cerebral Bore posted:

So does this dingus not know that wrestling is a work or is he just an rear end in a top hat or both?

No hes a steelers fan

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MJeff posted:

Good Radiance:

I don’t think anyone can argue with that :unsmith:

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

i am also happy that kairi is leaving WWE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Sapp is a disingenuous idiot obviously, but mainly sharing this for the all time dunk/selt-own from Twitter legend Crazy Pete

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1288104124890873856?s=19

https://twitter.com/crazypete315/status/1288132128522358784?s=19