Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

The Terror Dogs in the film are exactly the same, save for the size of their horns, which are larger on Vinz Clortho.

Yeah, and it's a bit weird to release Vinz Clortho twice and no Zuul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Captain Morose posted:

Destro also back in stock for $20 as of a few minutes ago.

Not anymore.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Yeah, and it's a bit weird to release Vinz Clortho twice and no Zuul.

I mean, they're not that different.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CelticPredator posted:

Please post pics. I don’t use Facebook nor am I on sideshow freaks

Rehosting is a lot of work. Does IG embed on the forums?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC-I4FBAZkC/

Edit: Nope.

They also announced a 1984 Wonder Woman. Sculpted hair, and brighter costume colors. Face is still not quite Gal Gadot though.

Clone Wars Anakin (also an option with a STAP.) Clone Wars Obi Wan was also shown in a video this week and the Anakin official photos, but isn't formally announced yet.

New (or reissue?) of workshop Tony Stark, from the part in IM1 where he's testing the repulsors.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 13:44 on Jul 23, 2020

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Captain Morose posted:

Destro also back in stock for $20 as of a few minutes ago.

Aw man, gone already :sigh:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

sticksy posted:

Aw man, gone already :sigh:

The entire wave is still up for retail on BBTS.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Gamestop.com currently has everyone from wave 1 but Snake Eyes in stock and on-sale.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Aphrodite posted:

Rehosting is a lot of work. Does IG embed on the forums?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CC-I4FBAZkC/

Edit: Nope.

They also announced a 1984 Wonder Woman. Sculpted hair, and brighter costume colors. Face is still not quite Gal Gadot though.

Clone Wars Anakin (also an option with a STAP.) Clone Wars Obi Wan was also shown in a video this week and the Anakin official photos, but isn't formally announced yet.

New (or reissue?) of workshop Tony Stark, from the part in IM1 where he's testing the repulsors.

TCW Obi-Wan may have to be my first Sideshow/Hot Toys. They usually offer payment plans, right? Or is it just the full amount due when you pre-order?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Many other vendors sell Hot Toys, but yeah Sideshow does payment plans.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
So I'm going to try to get the GITD Alien today from the Neca Store. It's my first time using them for an exclusive sale. How much of a hassle can I expect here in less than 2 hours? Any tips to make my attempt easier?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Shiftypenguin posted:

So I'm going to try to get the GITD Alien today from the Neca Store. It's my first time using them for an exclusive sale. How much of a hassle can I expect here in less than 2 hours? Any tips to make my attempt easier?

Best bet is to use neca’s second site here and buy directly there. Guaranteed to be in stock.

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 23, 2020

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Joe Fisto posted:

Best bet it to use neca’s second site here and buy directly there. Guaranteed to be in stock.

Ouch.

I collect GITD figures and this year has had a bunch of great stuff for the SDCC at home thing. Nabbed the Super7 Baxter Stockman and the little DST Godzilla without a problem. The Neca Alien is the last of this year's exclusives that I really want.

Edit: Success! Got the GITD Alien.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jul 23, 2020

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1286354560219578369?s=20

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I’m just about done chasing NECAs TMNT figures around. Really considering quitting the line. If I did would anyone be interested in a NECA cartoon set? I have them all so far aside from the newest ones (metal head and Casey)

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Joe Fisto posted:

I’m just about done chasing NECAs TMNT figures around. Really considering quitting the line. If I did would anyone be interested in a NECA cartoon set? I have them all so far aside from the newest ones (metal head and Casey)

I feel the same way but they just started shipping, they haven’t made it to my area yet, so I still have semi-high hopes. They will pop up eventually...hopefully

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Lots of loose pics of the Baroness halfway down this page. She's absolutely PERFECT. As much as I hate paying the premium for the motorcycle literally nobody wanted, I don't know if subsequent releases will look as nice as this, and there's a good chance they'll add additional paint apps and make her look worse.

https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/threads/the-g-i-joe-thread.247928/page-679

I'm already planning to sell the motorcycle and helmet-head, and I'll probably save that silly snake accessory for Cobra Commander, assuming it fits around his arm.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I love the line but there's no way I can afford to keep up with all the releases coming. I plan on just getting the characters I like, such as Krang's body, Metalhead and Casey.

After that call me when they release Ray Fillet.

Shiftypenguin fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Jul 23, 2020

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Lots of loose pics of the Baroness halfway down this page. She's absolutely PERFECT. As much as I hate paying the premium for the motorcycle literally nobody wanted, I don't know if subsequent releases will look as nice as this, and there's a good chance they'll add additional paint apps and make her look worse.

I'm already planning to sell the motorcycle and helmet-head, and I'll probably save that silly snake accessory for Cobra Commander, assuming it fits around his arm.

Agreed. She looks great. My only gripe is the glasses. Wondering if they are removable. Would like to to try the ML Spider Woman glasses on her.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Grats on actually being able to order it, that poo poo sold out in less than a minute.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Grats on actually being able to order it, that poo poo sold out in less than a minute.

Oh, I wasn't able to order it! I had her in my cart, but she disappeared from it before it was even 9:01. I was pissed, but I know I'll get her as soon as I am able. I have the Brickseek page bookmarked, and I'll check it every day until I find her. In case it helps anyone else:

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=087-16-4933

Luckily I live relatively close to three Targets, with four more further out, and a few others that are more of a schlep.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Got my John Walker's Customs Din Djarin head in the mail today. Wow, what an upgrade:

The cape is still awful. My holster still broke immediately out of the package. The paint is still too clean. The rifle is a loving mess. But with this helmet, it's closer to being "the way."

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

So maybe a dumb question about GI Joe being back, but are those ones that were Target exclusive also 6 inch like the Classified series?

I'd assume looking at the detail on them, but them coming back at all was a total surprise to me.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Oh, I wasn't able to order it! I had her in my cart, but she disappeared from it before it was even 9:01. I was pissed, but I know I'll get her as soon as I am able. I have the Brickseek page bookmarked, and I'll check it every day until I find her. In case it helps anyone else:

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=087-16-4933

Luckily I live relatively close to three Targets, with four more further out, and a few others that are more of a schlep.

If you see the others, can you grab them for me? Targets in NYC barely carry toys and I don't have a car to go out to the suburbs and look. I'll pay whatever for the shipping.

Canopus250 posted:

So maybe a dumb question about GI Joe being back, but are those ones that were Target exclusive also 6 inch like the Classified series?

I'd assume looking at the detail on them, but them coming back at all was a total surprise to me.

Classified series is all 6", yep!

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Thanks. Guess I've gotta think long and hard about getting into this line knowing that I won't have display space until I move out of my current place.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Apparently this is a weird one where they can release a ghostface figure, but can’t explicitly tie it to the Scream movies? :psyduck:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hence the lack of cell phone. Makes sense. I’ll snag it

gregday
May 23, 2003

The_Doctor posted:

Apparently this is a weird one where they can release a ghostface figure, but can’t explicitly tie it to the Scream movies? :psyduck:

The mask existed before the movies, right?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

If you see the others, can you grab them for me? Targets in NYC barely carry toys and I don't have a car to go out to the suburbs and look. I'll pay whatever for the shipping.

I'll be happy to try, although Orlando is full of collectors and scalpers, and I rarely find much around here. (Then again, I was astounded to find Earthrise Optimus Prime at a Target in late February, so stranger things have happened.) Would you want them all, even the Roadblock variant?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

gregday posted:

The mask existed before the movies, right?

That’s the myth, that they saw the mask in some kid’s bedroom while they were location scouting. Truthfully they saw a Halloween mask like it, and an actual film dude created the one we see based off the simple concept.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

From the Mondo Toy/Figure stream. 1/6 scale MOTU

https://youtu.be/KTtaek1D3nU

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Welp friendship ended with 1/6 Man-at-arms

1/6 Hordak is my new best friend

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

So that tweet with the Ghostface fig, as well as the images of the Toony Terrors Ghostface, have been deleted by NECA. That's weird.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I'll be happy to try, although Orlando is full of collectors and scalpers, and I rarely find much around here. (Then again, I was astounded to find Earthrise Optimus Prime at a Target in late February, so stranger things have happened.) Would you want them all, even the Roadblock variant?

Yeah, though he's the lowest on my list. Mainly Baroness and Beachhead, plus 2 Cobra Troopers.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

YEEEESSSS

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/1286441256709771267?s=20

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Welp friendship ended with 1/6 Man-at-arms

1/6 Hordak is my new best friend

Agreed. That is a drat fine lookin' Hordak.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Oh great, NECA canceled my Turtles order while i was asleep, now I gotta fight with their customer service.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Other posted:

Oh great, NECA canceled my Turtles order while i was asleep, now I gotta fight with their customer service.

Their recent bungling of just about everything has me on team “gently caress NECA”

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Joe Fisto posted:

Their recent bungling of just about everything has me on team “gently caress NECA”

:emptyquote:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’m glad I don’t collect these turtles. They seem like a nightmare

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

The_Doctor posted:

The Terror Dogs in the film are exactly the same, save for the size of their horns, which are larger on Vinz Clortho.

That can be true but it also seems like if they knew they were going to do this, you just call the build one Zuul even if they didn't change the tooling. Its just a really weird thing to have done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Well there’s two terror dogs in the film. So ideally you want both, and also their human forms.