Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

lol came in here to make sure some ridiculous DH card I saw on twitter was a fake and run into a real one that's only a little less ridicuous

What was the fake one you saw?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GevAqjpwFLA

lmao

e: the card is whatever, but Firebat is :allears:

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I think that's really good for Zoo

play it on t1 and drop 2 4/3 Flame Imps on t2

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Make Battlefiend and its new buddy both pre-nerfed!

Edit: Also there was this weapon revealed:

Think this is just a worse Spirit Of The Tiger, which was incredibly niche.

Did see someone say it gives Duel! Paladin a chance to make an early taunt though, so I guess that's something? And I think Warrior's thing this set is Big Warrior again.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 23, 2020

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I also just got a Brann 1st place, this was my first ever perfect game.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Look, I suggested the thread title "You are not prepared... for this bullshit" back when Ashes launched, but no one listened.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

RatHat posted:

What was the fake one you saw?

https://twitter.com/HunteraceHS/status/1286254959168806912?s=20

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

It’s real

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
wut

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

That's also real.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
ok guys you got me

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also it’s tough to tell but it’s a DH/Hunter card.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

RatHat posted:

DH2

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

RatHat posted:

What does it mean by characters?

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Strawberry Panda posted:

What does it mean by characters?

Includes yourself. Basically makes DH's hero power into Candleshot.

If it was just other minions, it'd be pretty neat/good. Fact it makes you immune with Weapons/DH's hero power pushes it into being quite strong.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Azzinoth, some attack buffs, and that guy.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
maybe it's just me but I honestly thought that was a photoshop

for 3 you get a turn where all your attackers, and you if you've got a weapon/attack, are immune and it's basically a must-target for your opponent next turn, and a very decent stat line for a 3 in case you just want to play it early and see where it goes. no?

Edit: And I've been away from this game so long I'm not even thinking about any specific overkill/attack-effect guys this benefits that I'm sure exist.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Jul 24, 2020

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

maybe it's just me but I honestly thought that was a photoshop

for 3 you get a turn where all your attackers, and you if you've got a weapon/attack, are immune and it's basically a must-target for your opponent next turn, and a very decent stat line for a 3 in case you just want to play it early and see where it goes. no?

Edit: And I've been away from this game so long I'm not even thinking about any specific overkill/attack-effect guys this benefits that I'm sure exist.

It's not OP because you need to actually have a board first to attack with to get the most out of it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
It's also not OP because if DH has minions they should just hit you in the face because they have like 10 dmg burn from hand on turn 5 lol

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

deathspeaker but every turn forever seems errr real good. Like, for arena level anyway. turn 3 you play that and smash your 2 drop into theirs and you’re already a card up and promising to be able to do it over and over for the rest of the game.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 24, 2020

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

I don't think this is quite a fair comparison because with SotT, you had to pay 4 mana for a 0/3 minion to get the effect. This is a one mana over costed 2/2 weapon that can persist for a turn (barring weapon removal) and use the effect well the next turn if needed, not a grossly over costed 0/3.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

yeah the point of comparison there are cards like unidentified maul and livewire lance, you only need about a card's worth of value on top of the statline to be worthwhile. It also curves naturally into Blessing of Kings/Consecration

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I think the biggest difference between the hammer and the tiger is that the tiger locks you into playing your spell immediately or on the next turn, whereas you can hold onto the hammer and just play minions until you use a brawl or something

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
The only thing I like about that DH card is that it can gently caress up all the classes that fill their hand with random poo poo, lol

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

TyrantWD posted:

Glide is a card I could see being removed from the game outright. That level of disruption, with little downside, being limited to a single class is going to ruin the game. You are going to struggle to play anything that is not a pure aggro deck until they get around to dumpstering that card.

Blizzard will never delete cards. They can just give it the Warsong Commander nerf so that it never sees play again. Something like 4 mana discard your entire hand and draw one card - outcast: draw two cards instead.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

What in the absolute gently caress is Glide.

Blooming Brilliant posted:

Edit: Also there was this weapon revealed:

Did see someone say it gives Duel! Paladin a chance to make an early taunt though, so I guess that's something? And I think Warrior's thing this set is Big Warrior again.

I wonder how this interacts with Librams.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

blizzardvizard posted:

Discounted spells usually use their discounted cost for effects like this (see Fist of Ra-Den and Atiesh).

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

blizzardvizard posted:

If it’s anything like past cards, it’s based on the cost at time of casting, not the original cost.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

Torrannor posted:

Blizzard will never delete cards. They can just give it the Warsong Commander nerf so that it never sees play again. Something like 4 mana discard your entire hand and draw one card - outcast: draw two cards instead.

Your outcast cards have +1 attack this turn

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Gully Foyle posted:

Discounted spells usually use their discounted cost for effects like this (see Fist of Ra-Den and Atiesh).

But if the spell is 0 mana? That'd mean a 0/0 minion. I think with Spirit of the Tiger 0 cost spells just didn't activate it?

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I hope it does make a 0/0 that dies instantly because that will be funnier with 0 mana librams and the coin.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of that I can't wait for the Trolden compilations of people wasting their Spellburst with the coin. Especially Kel'thuzad->Coin->Damage spell.

Also this is really going to show again that the Coin needs to not be counted as a spell.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Jul 24, 2020

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY
So hearthsims PC deck tracker and Android arcane tracker don't share stats. I started playing on my computer for the first time in years to give the enhanced tracker UI a spin and I'm 0-10 :sweatdrop:

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!
https://twitter.com/ahirunHS/status/1286542307752177665
After you play a Rush minion, summon a copy of it with 1 Health.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Glide is also a dead card against aggro decks that directly competes with Skull. Calm down people.

ah, I've found what my guaranteed legendary is going to be.

what a bad card.

if it was DH/Warlock it might see use but definitely not now.

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Jul 24, 2020

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Is a bit weird that's just the Warlock legendary, given Big DH is meant to be one of the class' "core" decks.

It might be a niche card in Quest Warlock, that's about all I can say on it. Think it's probably too clunky for Wild, but the prospect of Recruiting Voidlords (again) is fun.

Edit: Thinking more on Archwitch, it's a somewhat comparable stat-dump to pre-nerf Dragonqueen. Big difference being those were free cards, you have to cater your deck more to hit with Archwitch.

Probably too hard to work as a Tempo card but Kargath is a thing so this is worth a side-way glance for that.

Also new card:

My gut tells me there's an OTK with this card, somehow.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jul 24, 2020

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Acerbatus posted:

what a bad card.

if it was DH/Warlock it might see use but definitely not now.
Hey if Voidlord and Doomguard were still in Standard you might see something out of this card! It's only three years too late.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Acerbatus posted:

Glide is also a dead card against aggro decks that directly competes with Skull. Calm down people.

The Outcast effect is largely controllable, making it far from dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Pretty solid.

Alright I guess? There's probably some combo potential with this since the Spellburst is regained when you play it again.
EDIT: Could be good in Libram Paladin since you could get 2 pings a turn(if you have your Librams).

RatHat fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Jul 24, 2020