Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

IF YOU CAN CHEW THROUGH BLOOD
YOU CAN SCREW THROUGH "MUD"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I never eat meat, so I don’t have any of these problems! Goodbye!

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

This reminds me of the No Carb thread on here from many years back, which my friends and I always refer to as the "All Bacon Diet" because that on its face should sound like a horrible idea. I'm only sad that there wasn't anyone talking about Bread Nightmares, though they've already touched on that once before. However, there is a lot of reddit snowballing things because gently caress taking things in moderation, combined with just completely mistaken ideas about... well pretty much everything.

Also I completely forgot about the completely vile ways these people were taking their meat. The joke idea of someone just squeezing tubes of ground beef straight into their mouth is probably as accurate as anything they actually read.

DemonTrigger fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 12, 2020

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I was kind of smacking my head into the table on the vitamin c chat in this newest episode, since raw meat and fish do contain it, and liver has it too. Humans are rare as far as “not being able to synthesize vitamin c” goes.

The diet is still dumb and bad and suicidal, but man that was kind of frustrating.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I feel like we missed our chance to submit a doc on the SA no carb thread and all its bread-nightmares-and-killing-dogs-with-heavy-cream glory though I guess that also had a lot of people posting pictures of their "food" that was a lot of the comedy

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens

ewe2 posted:

Loved the new short, these are great little bites.

Glad to hear it! We figured people probably need extra stuff to listen to what with everything going on, so it's good to hear that people are appreciating the content.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

A Moose posted:

I feel like we missed our chance to submit a doc on the SA no carb thread and all its bread-nightmares-and-killing-dogs-with-heavy-cream glory though I guess that also had a lot of people posting pictures of their "food" that was a lot of the comedy

Unless that thread got blackholed it's still fair game.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
All three still exist in the archives, though some of the pictures are gone now.

First thread.

Second thread.

Third thread.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
My only problem with this episode is they didn't look up Owsley Stanley and realize that the guy who made the diet these people live off was

A: The sound guy for the Grateful Dead

B: The person who made a fuckton of LSD in the 60s

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Vosgian Beast posted:

My only problem with this episode is they didn't look up Owsley Stanley and realize that the guy who made the diet these people live off was

yea you could do a whole episode on him just as a dude, and it'd further why this was such a stupid fad to even begin with.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The Vosgian Beast posted:

To be fair, I 100% believe that some of these dudes are also into LSD, just in that obnoxious "microdose LSD in your coffee to be more productive at work" way. This kind of reddit guy seems to be a master of taking unhealthy-but-fun things and turning them into "biohacks" that aren't remotely fun, and probably aren't healthy either.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

The closest thing these guys had to an actual dietary expert was a Canadian explorer who saw what the Inuit were eating, went "I bet I could do that" and then did that.

The thing with the Inuit diet is that they eat a wide variety of meat, most of the meat is fatty (dude tried it with lean beef, but it made him poo poo himself so he went back to caribou) and they're not just eating the meat itself but basically any edible part of the body. That gets them enough nutrients that they don't develop scurvy or go into renal failure, unlike redditors.

I didn't look into what the Grateful Dead sound guy's stuff was because i heard two facts about him (sound guy for the Grateful Dead, nicknamed "The Bear") and decided that was too stupid an avenue for me to bother investigating.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Djeser posted:

The thing with the Inuit diet is that they eat a wide variety of meat, most of the meat is fatty (dude tried it with lean beef, but it made him poo poo himself so he went back to caribou) and they're not just eating the meat itself but basically any edible part of the body. That gets them enough nutrients that they don't develop scurvy or go into renal failure, unlike redditors.

Yeah, I mentioned this on Ballpit -- the Inuit diet is nutritionally complete with very little vegetable food, but that involves eating a very wide variety of animal tissues, including stuff nobody on r/ZeroCarb has ever considered eating. It turns out that, if you engage in an extremely limited diet plan, being healthy takes more work and consideration. Gasp!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Antivehicular posted:

Yeah, I mentioned this on Ballpit -- the Inuit diet is nutritionally complete with very little vegetable food, but that involves eating a very wide variety of animal tissues, including stuff nobody on r/ZeroCarb has ever considered eating. It turns out that, if you engage in an extremely limited diet plan, being healthy takes more work and consideration. Gasp!

I also ended up annoyed when they acted like it was ridiculous that the salt overload guy was pissing it out. Like... that’s how kidneys and osmosis work.

E: Bring Victor among next time or have a random goon with most of a masters in biochemistry do some fact checking or something.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I also ended up annoyed when they acted like it was ridiculous that the salt overload guy was pissing it out. Like... that’s how kidneys and osmosis work.

It's always recipe episodes that get me. Eight people gasping in horror at the calorie count of a pan of gussied up rice crispy treats, none of them realizing that it's like 60 servings.

Or my least favorite (which I obviously still like a little), the one where they made the food at home, except few to none of them were willing to go shopping to do it right.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The shock and disgust of....

a grilled cheese sandwich made with American singles.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

theironjef posted:

It's always recipe episodes that get me. Eight people gasping in horror at the calorie count of a pan of gussied up rice crispy treats, none of them realizing that it's like 60 servings.

Or my least favorite (which I obviously still like a little), the one where they made the food at home, except few to none of them were willing to go shopping to do it right.

I mean, the Doritos Sandwich For Kids was complete but that poo poo still sounded nasty.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
More F Plus, a blessed time, truly. This one seems to be about reddit...hypotheticals? Sounds like a dumb place!

Also thanks to Extra Credit I realized I've now inserted just going 'pissssss' when frustrated with something into my vocab, so who do I sue for destroying my brain even more than it was already?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
Less than six minutes in and we’re already getting riffs like “The Devil Went Down on George,” I have a feeling this episode’s going to be a heater.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I DID NOT expect the dramatic twist half in

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Yeah, I think I would definitely suck off ya boi

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

sexpig by night posted:

I DID NOT expect the dramatic twist half in

The discovery of nerd thigh strangulation and r/thighsexual? Yeah, me too.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

X-Ray Pecs posted:

The discovery of nerd thigh strangulation and r/thighsexual? Yeah, me too.
This was the part that made me cry from laughing so hard.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Stroop There It Is posted:

This was the part that made me cry from laughing so hard.

It was a great episode all around but that reveal was easily one of the all time GOAT moments for the podcast as a whole

ShellGame
Apr 10, 2016

stack 'em to the heavens
What happens when a new kin fronts and nobody in your system is a babysitter??? Extra Credit reports.

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
After listing to both F Plus and Extra for ages now, I did not think I could possibly be surprised by anything in otherkin culture....but now here we are.

Buckling in tight for an entertaining cringe-fest with this one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I literally did an RLM style 'oooooh nooooooo' when I saw this Extra Credit, well done you all

Yavuz
Oct 9, 2019
Maybe I'm just a bit angry today but this episode has been extra rough for me and oh God I just hit the baby talk gently caress me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wait, it's all fetish episodes?

Always has been.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman

God, this was incredible and also agonizing to listen to.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

"Describe a situation in which being a child solved a problem" between that and cosplaying Steven Universe...ugh.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

"My character is a tiefling bard, and also his face is a full-on rear end with Carl disease"

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

Was kinda "eh" about 328 since I assumed it wouldn't offer anything particularly new or funny that wasn't already covered by previous eps. Boy was I mistaken.

DONG THIEVES AND DONG LIARS was so out of left field and hit me so right I almost spit beer into my pan of homefries and then started coughing :cheers:

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I'm a big fan of how this dude created a fantasy world that's basically Sex Hell, where you're incapable of death and your soul will be used as currency after your body is devoured by a poo poo Dick Beast or what the hell ever, and decided that this world a) somehow had a sex-negative society despite everyone having giant schlongs and the need to gently caress 20 times a day, and b) that this society was the villains, somehow, instead of just people saying "boning down with the poo poo Dick Beasts and Swamp Schlongs seems to end badly, so maybe we should try keeping it in our pants?"

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Also not to be too pedantic, but Jizzreal or w/e is basically just the Nine Hells from D&D except with giant dongs. This was "what if perverts split off from 3.5 and made a sex game instead of Pathfinder?"

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
New episodes!

https://twitter.com/TheFPlus/status/1286404480804757506

https://twitter.com/snakesinthebpit/status/1286685426766565376

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

328 was a funny episode but tbh the part I really liked was them all having a nerdy internet argument after the "end" into a fadeout. I thought it was a nicely different way to end it. Because what can you do after talking about ludicrously big dwarf fortress dicks?

miniscule12
Jan 8, 2020

HAHA YEAH HE PEED IN HIS OWN MOUTH I'M GONNA KEEP BRINGING IT UP.

I was waiting for the mechanics to reveal it is a 5e hack, of course.

Furry's inclusiveity drive demanding they include every fetish just ends up with disgusting unplayable games that appeal to no one.

Edit: Their patreon is 92 patrons giving 2400 per book!? I'm assuming they haven't put a book out in 5 years.

miniscule12 fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 24, 2020

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

miniscule12 posted:

Edit: Their patreon is 92 patrons giving 2400 per book!? I'm assuming they haven't put a book out in 5 years.

From what I can tell, they started releasing semi-annual supplements back in 2015 and have been doing so pretty regularly since then. They're on their eleventh supplement by now, with a couple miscellaneous things like a Pathfinder conversion book if you wanted to play FAPP but in d20 OGL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Djeser posted:

From what I can tell, they started releasing semi-annual supplements back in 2015 and have been doing so pretty regularly since then. They're on their eleventh supplement by now, with a couple miscellaneous things like a Pathfinder conversion book if you wanted to play FAPP but in d20 OGL.

Wait, what's there to convert? I just assumed this shitpile was running on generic d20. (The Cumslinger is definitely just the PF Gunslinger with a fresh coat of, um, "paint.")