Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Oh shiiiiiiiiiii-

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1286766086336262144

e: perfect page snipe.

habeasdorkus fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jul 24, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

UPDATE

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I know there's a lot to dissect in these panels, but all I can think about is Meti's awesome story in the text. Took a poo poo, killed thirty-five master swordsmen with a piece of driftwood, had clams for dinner.

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Who What Now posted:

It's not total if only 60% of them explode

The other 40% knew well enough to stay still when the solo began.

Also HOLY poo poo this new page.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

meti story is absolutely top-notch, even compared to all the other meti stories

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

*twitch*

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

man i can’t wait to own this in print

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

eke out posted:

meti story is absolutely top-notch, even compared to all the other meti stories

Yeah. This is the best Meti story yet, it's just so perfectly... Meti.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I can't loving believe that White Chain has the same stand as Soloman David!

Bremma
Sep 7, 2007

She was a terrible creature and did not deserve our love
I love Meti so much, she is a glorious shitbird

But also once i realized what White Chain is able and/or about to do right now I just started screaming OH poo poo at my computer. I'm so excited.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hah, yeah, this is getting extremely JoJo.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

It's very much that point Tolstoy made that, in a battle of wits, the peasant will beat the scholar, because the peasant is not wracked with confusion and doubt.

I mean of course Musashi said a similar thing but I can't recall the quote nearly as closely.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~

Tulip posted:

It's very much that point Tolstoy made that, in a battle of wits, the peasant will beat the scholar, because the peasant is not wracked with confusion and doubt.

I mean of course Musashi said a similar thing but I can't recall the quote nearly as closely.

Hmm, maybe this ties into the main story. Is Slam Dunk about to lose by being distracted by his extensive philosophical musings on the use of raw strength to secure political power?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Why do I hear a remix of the episodes starting theme?

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
meti fighting on the beach like

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tulip posted:

That's a big 2020 oof

Tulip posted:

Also reminds me of Blindsight by Peter Watts

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Out of curiosity, how much do we know about how much angels change between their incarnations?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

sirtommygunn posted:

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Hooting and hollering at the sight of a small twitch

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I’m two thread pages and a comic page late, but I just wanted to say that I misread someone’s post as “what is a corpse but a lie you tell others?” and I might’ve accidentally become Zoss for a second.

Edit: Also, yes, echoing every possible JoJo joke.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Definite shades of Superman vs the Flash in the Justice League movie.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Phy posted:

That's a big 2020 oof

I could have invoked the worst version of this insight:

An anonymous George W Bush official to Ron Suskind posted:

We're an empire now, and when we act, we create our own reality. And while you're studying that reality—judiciously, as you will—we'll act again, creating other new realities, which you can study too, and that's how things will sort out. We're history's actors...and you, all of you, will be left to just study what we do.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Flavor text again reminding me how I desperately desire a Meti wisdom compilation book.

It will probably be like 20 pages of green ink printed on recycled newspaper so someone can hand them out free by the thousands from their hovel outside of NYCC

Been thinking a lot about “if you wanted the rat to live” etc

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
My guess is she somehow scratches his little toe or something to get the merest half ml of blood and he hides it and kills her anyway

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Trebuchet King posted:

Out of curiosity, how much do we know about how much angels change between their incarnations?

It's apparently a big flaming deal when angels change at all, so I'm guessing the answer is "very little."

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

SniperWoreConverse posted:

My guess is she somehow scratches his little toe or something to get the merest half ml of blood and he hides it and kills her anyway

She successfully internalizes that she's been lying about who she is for centuries and her armor explodes like a frag grenade

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Bremma posted:

I love Meti so much, she is a glorious shitbird

But also once i realized what White Chain is able and/or about to do right now I just started screaming OH poo poo at my computer. I'm so excited.

Well don't leave the rest of us hanging

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

White chain clearly has a string tied to her finger to give Salmon Dierush pause during his freeze time. (Secretly im hoping she jut breaks her shell and exists in the material world in her true form.)

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dracula Factory posted:

White chain clearly has a string tied to her finger to give Salmon Dierush pause during his freeze time. (Secretly im hoping she jut breaks her shell and exists in the material world in her true form.)

Angels are sapient thermonuclear explosions. She's probably going to come out of this with some sort of shell, if only out of politeness to anyone in Throne who might not want to be within eye-melting distance of an uncontained atomic fire.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

AHHHH
HELL YEAH

YES
YES
YES

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rigged Death Trap posted:

AHHHH
HELL YEAH

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Meti’s story is basically the story of how Billy Beane (smart, athletic, eventually revolutionized how a baseball team would be run) was thinking himself out of a pro baseball career at the plate, so he asked Lenny Dykstra (dumpy idiot who had a successful pro career and then did nothing but Financial Crimes afterwards) what HE thought about when he was at bat that allowed him to have such great success and Dykstra replied “huh?”

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

sirtommygunn posted:

I think White Chain has learned Ki Rata via the demonstration that Solomon has been so politely providing.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Powerful batters must be by nature exceptionally good fools.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

True royalty.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Dead Reckoning posted:

True royalty.

you must master WAR to the point where even cutting you in half would produce two Hall of Famers

this also applies to Rickey Henderson

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8dxYLesc9Q

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

SniperWoreConverse posted:

She gives him a big obvious gash that's dripping blood, but he's so flustered that he destroys her anyway.

Thus the lies of his invincibility and his magnanimity are exposed for all to see in one fell swoop.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Begemot posted:

She gives him a big obvious gash that's dripping blood, but he's so flustered that he destroys her anyway.

Thus the lies of his invincibility and his magnanimity are exposed for all to see in one fell swoop.

He admits shes won by the rules and she hits back with
"Keep your loving prison"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Solomon's mistake will be that he isn't as wary as DIO was.