Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
They should have asked what the countermanding password was

e: guess they had no time

Azhais fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Jul 23, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Sirotan posted:

Enoch :cry:

drat I think I'm gonna have to watch that one again.

That's what you said last time too.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

jassa posted:

That's what you said last time too.

Well I'm doing a full series rewatch now so I'll be watching it all again very soon. :colbert:

jassa
Nov 7, 2005

"He's so awesome!"
He really is!

Sirotan posted:

Well I'm doing a full series rewatch now so I'll be watching it all again very soon. :colbert:

Hahaha, I'm doing a full series rewatch right now. Just got up to Yo-Yo's introduction. Forgot that happened immediately after the end of the whole monolith portal arc.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Agents of Shield S7 - "Should we feel sad"

I gotta say, I am not happy that they are trying to romance Daisy and Sousa. I like Sousa, but no please.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Yeah, I am not a fan either. I think if they gave it another season Deke would eventually get with Daisy, they just need more time together. Sousa and Daisy feels evem more rushed, especially because in his timeline Carter is still kicking around.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Also he's like 40?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

But Deke sucks and its been an entirely one-sided relationship thus far. Daisy did not accept his lemons, he needs to move the f on. Sousa is just adorable.

Anyway according to spoilers (don't read this, I already regret I that I just did) Enver Gjokaj is only in one other ep this season and it's next week so it probably isn't going to go anywhere ;_;

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Episode made me cry.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Jesus H Christ on fire I did not need this today. I did not need to lose my favorite character and I did not need for his noble sacrifice to be such a gut punch.

Enoch was lonely for forty years you timeskipping bastards! Lonely without his friends!

I welled up I totally did and I frigging hate final seasons my fave babies never survive.

Emotional fragility aside, I do like how the time loops basically brought Daisy up to speed on Sousa, a cute way of developing feelings via various mini crises but contained within one episode.

God, Coulsons predicament sucks and I like that this episode reflected the final series being everyones last journey.

But Enoch, my man, the best they could come up with is 'good friend'? He saved everyone! He's better than good.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Groundhog Daisy

Daisyja vu

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Coulson Effect

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Live, Skye, repeat.

Thanks for the empty quote down there. It was really an impressive joke, if I say so myself.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 23, 2020

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

cant cook creole bream posted:

Live, Skye, repeat.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I want them to bring back Enoch and at the end Coulsonbot and Enoch go into space and have adventures.

cant cook creole bream posted:

Live, Skye, repeat.
All You Need Is Quake.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Mack to the Future

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like how the final moments of the episode were spent with Enoch rather than seeing the time engine repaired. Thus show has its priorities straight.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Donnie Deke-o.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Phil's Not-Dead, Excellent Adventure

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Chronicom Trigger. I guess that wasn't much of a time loop though.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

bentacos posted:

Chronicom Trigger. I guess that wasn't much of a time loop though.

They already did that when they left Enoch behind for decades!

Anyway that was a great fuckin episode

vlad3217
Jul 26, 2005

beer and cheese?!

yaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy!

Soonmot posted:

Also he's like 40?

Is he? I assumed he was in WWII in his early 20s which would make him at most early 30s? I think it's just that the actor looks older because he agreed in between agent Carter and this

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

vlad3217 posted:

Is he? I assumed he was in WWII in his early 20s which would make him at most early 30s? I think it's just that the actor looks older because he agreed in between agent Carter and this

Average age of a US Soldier in ww2 was 26, Trout in the milk happened in 1955. So yea, he could be 40, youngest if he joined when he was 18 would be 32.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Seeing as they added gray to his hair he's probably supposed to be on the older side.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

howe_sam posted:

James Gunn got me thinking about this when he was talking about Palm Springs on Twitter, has there ever been a bad time loop story?

Endless Eight

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Edmund Lava posted:

Endless Eight
I heard in the manga there we only saw one loop, they didn't print the same story eight times.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Seeing as they added gray to his hair he's probably supposed to be on the older side.

Yeah I was under the impression that he was taken years after the events in agent Carter

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Oh hey Fitz is finally back!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Everyone is so likeable on this cast.

Elizabeth Henstridge also did an AMA on reddit today and also said Fitz would be back soon and it would be worth it!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I shouldn’t be so sad about a robot* dying but here we are. This was probably my favorite episode of the season so far and I think Enoch’s monologue will go down as one of the all time great AoS moments. It perfectly dealt with his death, Coulson’s LMD problem, Daisy’s inability to save anyone she loves, and the end of the series all in one scene.

I also think it is very funny that even though Sousa might survive in the main timeline, we still got to see his death because that’s just what happens if you kiss Daisy.

*sentient Chronicom from a planet which revolves around a star in the constellation you know as Cygnus

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Hot Fuzz Time Machine

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I love how jeff ward is basically deke irl

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I still can't believe how great Ming-Na Wen looks. Thus is just how she looks in her living room, on a webcam. No artificial camera tricks, or dedicated stylist. She's almost 30 years older than me and you could barely tell.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Edmund Lava posted:

Endless Eight

If nothing else I admire how Endless Eight stuck to its bit.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Deꓘe

(it's a pun on Netflix's Darꓘ, I had very little to work with OK?)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

This episode loving ruled. Every time they went to confront Enoch he said

God, the smash cuts to everyone being on the ground killed me every time. :allears: And I'm so glad that Daisy didn't completely lose her powers! But now I'm wondering if this means Nathaniel Malick can mess with Inhuman only stuff like the Diviner and not get killed by it. Or does he still count as human?

I have completely forgotten that lady's name that he was encouraging to be even more twisted and evil on the stinger though.

teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I think someone mentioned it up thread but with Enoch at the end there- (spoilers for the ep and completely unconfirmed rumours)

was him talking about the teams last mission them getting meta on the show ending? Or are the often rumoured for years but never confirmed potential spin off series or transferring daisy into the films or Disney plus etc?

I’m probably looking into it too much BUT in the spirit of just wanting these great characters to continue in some way what ways could you see it?

I could see Daisy going forward in a new show for Disney plus, but her powers are a bit basic for the movies.

I could see Fitz and Simmons (because obviously the show will have them find each other and be happy together... right!?) becoming almost like a Q character from the Bond series and could be in again some sword show or future Disney plus stuff?

I can’t really see the others as much, they just don’t feel like characters that would translate over. But I’d love to be wrong.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Any reason outside of the story why Fitz hasn't been included at all so far this season?

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

FogHelmut posted:

Any reason outside of the story why Fitz hasn't been included at all so far this season?

Someone upthread mentioned he took a load of other gigs when the show looked like it was heading for cancellation, so its just a scheduling thing. From wikipedia he's got two TV shows and a short-film out this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

teacup posted:

I can’t really see the others as much, they just don’t feel like characters that would translate over. But I’d love to be wrong.

Eh, maybe Coulson could work in the movies. It would be fun to see Mack and Yo-Yo show up in a movie, but explaining the Shotgun Axe might be a big ask for a side character.