Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Alokgen posted:

Are you using the same texture paint the video did? His was way more crackly than yours. That may be throwing off the look.

I used Agrellan Badlands instead of Agrellan Earth, so that could be a factor. I'm going to print up another batch and try a couple different riffs on the sandstone theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Floppychop posted:

So I decided that I'm going to go with Carcharodons for the bulk of my Space Marines going forward. While I love my Black Templars, crusading xenophobes with a templar cross insignia is probably best to avoid.

Here's a test dude for the sharks. Outside of the chapter symbol, anything else I should think about?

This works! Nice freehanding too, especially for just a test model.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Floppychop posted:

So I decided that I'm going to go with Carcharodons for the bulk of my Space Marines going forward. While I love my Black Templars, crusading xenophobes with a templar cross insignia is probably best to avoid.

Here's a test dude for the sharks. Outside of the chapter symbol, anything else I should think about?

Not suure whether I love or hate the shark fin on the helmet. Kind of think it may look better on the top of the power pack at the back.

The free hand is great though.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
Question!

Im reading the app and it gives me the cost for a unit:

In this case 200 for the telemon. My question would be: Does this 200 not include the cost of the weapons (two storm cannons, bolt launcher) which would be a total of 290 or is this cost baked into the 200.

For weapon prices (bolt launcher is 10 pt)

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

Question!

Im reading the app and it gives me the cost for a unit:

In this case 200 for the telemon. My question would be: Does this 200 not include the cost of the weapons (two storm cannons, bolt launcher) which would be a total of 290 or is this cost baked into the 200.

For weapon prices (bolt launcher is 10 pt)

That cost does not include the cost of the weapons.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Thank you!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Is it worth it to throw an Adaptive Physiology buff onto a Dimacheron, or should I just assume it'll get focused down immediately?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Kitchner posted:

Not suure whether I love or hate the shark fin on the helmet. Kind of think it may look better on the top of the power pack at the back.

The free hand is great though.

I'm not sure I could make it work on the pack because of how long it is, but I dunno. I'm thinking just sergeants get the fins for my dudes, mostly due to lack of bits.

I had mad anxiety about doing the freehanding, but after doing it I found it kind of fun.

Now it's just the waiting game for my shark insignias to make it here.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Floppychop posted:

I'm not sure I could make it work on the pack because of how long it is, but I dunno. I'm thinking just sergeants get the fins for my dudes, mostly due to lack of bits.

I had mad anxiety about doing the freehanding, but after doing it I found it kind of fun.

Now it's just the waiting game for my shark insignias to make it here.

If it was me I'd have clipped that "fin" short so it's just the first curve, and file it a bit so that curve fits onto the backpack. If it had to go on his helmet I would get rib of the nub that you used to connect it and connect it directly.

The other option is to try and use sergeant non-helmet heads that have mohawks, sort of implying it's a deliberate choice of haircut that emulates a fin. Might be easier to get hold of and simpler than the armour fin.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
Looks good on the head. Back pack would look weird

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Is Valerian and Aleya even on the app??

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Tommunist posted:

Is Valerian and Aleya even on the app??

Not as far as I can see.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

I very much regret my purchasing decisions

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Is there gonna be a new 9th ed thread, or keep posting here

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
I'd like to see a new thread IMO, with a great new title!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I lost out on the pre-order game today. FedEX did not pick up my rulebook from GW, so it will be sitting at their warehouse until Monday it looks like.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is there gonna be a new 9th ed thread, or keep posting here

Warhamme r 40,000 "I Am Aplhraruis"

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Apple Hrarius.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Warhammer 40k 9th edition. Space Marines vs Space Marines

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Warhammer 40,000 9th edition: Appy Days

My rulebook and GT pack have arrived today, going to talk to my friends tomorrow about precisely how we are running our crusade campaign. Looking forward to it a lot.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/07/25/the-warhammer-40000-launch-party-preview/

And the Launch Party preview has started. First up is the new Necron and Marine codexes.

quote:

The new Codex: Space Marines will replace the current Space Marine codex, as well as the other First Founding and Deathwatch codexes – making it an invaluable tome that covers all those elements common across the forces of the Space Marines. A literal Codex Astartes*.

Players using Chapters covered in the last Space Marine codex can carry on using their expansions with the new book – White Scars, Imperial Fists, Iron Hands, Ultramarines, Salamanders, Raven Guard and Black Templars using their codex expansion in the Psychic Awakening series.

For fans of the Dark Angels, Space Wolves, Blood Angels and Deathwatch?

If you have one of these armies, good news – not only do you get a shiny new core codex with loads of new toys to play with, but you also have a new codex supplement on the way. You’ll be able to tailor your Space Marines force to fully embody the theme and spirit of their Chapter, and of course, include all their unique units and heroes.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jul 25, 2020

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

This Adam Troke guy has already, at least once, sorta accidentally referred to the Outriders in the Indomitus box as "Ravenwing", so looks like those are going to get the keyword.

Deathwing for the Bladeguards is still a big question mark though for me :ohdear:

Edit: he painted up a Bladeguard in sortof a half-Deathwing scheme there, so idk what to make of that.

Drone fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Jul 25, 2020

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And the Biglys get their own Predator, named the Gladiator. No big surprise there. v:v:v

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

And the Biglys get their own Predator, named the Gladiator. No big surprise there. v:v:v

Maaan I am just not jelling with any of the Primaris vehicle designs. They've slid straight into the GI Joe playset territory for me. Going to have to stock up on classic vehicles this year before they get wiped.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Those floaty tanks are still ugly as hell.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Oh drat that new Monolith though :eyepop:

ijyt fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jul 25, 2020

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

And the Monolith is getting a completely new kit.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
monolith upgraded from a sour apple ring-pop to a novelty d100

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Floppychop posted:

Those floaty tanks are still ugly as hell.

That one looks a little silly, sitting on top of what looks like a crushed soda can, but otherwise I think it looks :krad:

Did every single army get either a Codex / Index for 8th, or were there still armies with a <= 7th Edition book? Have they said if they intend to do the Codex/Index thing again for absolutely everyone for 9th?

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Sab669 posted:

That one looks a little silly, sitting on top of what looks like a crushed soda can, but otherwise I think it looks :krad:

Did every single army get either a Codex / Index for 8th, or were there still armies with a <= 7th Edition book? Have they said if they intend to do the Codex/Index thing again for absolutely everyone for 9th?

Every army got first an index and then a codex. They had to do the indices because of the significant changes to how datasheets work going 7th to 8th. Those aren't changing 8th to 9th, so armies will keep using their existing 8th codex until they get a 9th one.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Right-o. Yea 9th feels kinda like "8.5" to me from what I've seen of the rules so far, figured most will be perfectly fine with their 8th edition book. I thought I recalled hearing about some factions being multiple editions behind for a while some time between 5th - 7th, but I didn't really play then.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

9th ed is pretty much 7th ed, but done better.

And it all ends on a confirmation of new Dark Eldar, Orkz, AdMech and Sisters models incoming. Sadly only teases but definitely taken from the rumor engine shots.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Jul 25, 2020

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Woah that monolith is really cool

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

pretty much every new necron model is loving great

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
New sister lieutenant seems cool :) happy but the caracther slots in my army is pretty big. Game wise it will be hard to protect them all.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

So the SoB model at the end of the reveal is an Palatine, which appears to be pretty much a Lieutenant. Looks like we're going to see something like that across all armies come 9th seeing as Necrons got them as well now with the box..

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Cooked Auto posted:

So the SoB model at the end of the reveal is an Palatine, which appears to be pretty much a Lieutenant. Looks like we're going to see something like that across all armies come 9th seeing as Necrons got them as well now with the box..

The video had what looked like new character models teased for these too:

Death Guard
Dark Eldar
AdMech (probably a Skitarii Lieutenant)
Orks

Will be interesting to see how they release all that, and if we're getting something like a new PA book or another boxed set like Phoenix Awakening.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

People are already saying its Lelith being teased and consequently has already begun griping that she has now been made family friendly when given a body suit.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Cooked Auto posted:

The primaris lieutenants were complaining about being lonely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Is the left guy new? I don't recognise him