Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Winklebottom posted:

Is the left guy new? I don't recognise him

Looks like a gravis helmet, I think that's a new captain

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jul 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Was so excited that I went on to the GW site to browse and saw that they have my favorite model ever in stock. Canoness Veridyan. Love that female Judge Dredd look. So bought that and some more paint, cus you always need more.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Improbable Lobster posted:

Looks like a gravis helmet, I think that's a new captain

With the Eradicators and now the new captain, it looks like the GW sculptors really paid attention to everyone who cut the hood off their Dark Imperium Gravis Captain.

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jul 25, 2020

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So the new core rules call for 40mm objectives. The bases in the new objective box are 50mm.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

TKIY posted:

So the new core rules call for 40mm objectives. The bases in the new objective box are 50mm.

Incredible lol

My order won't arrive till the 30th, I wonder if GW will say anything about this and hand out some 40mm bases or change the rules.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I see this come up like every edition, but is basing my oldschool hormagaunts on 32s going to be dis/advantageous in 9th? I'd do it so they look better and be more stable, but I don't want to do a model for advantage or screw myself over.

(I just got home with the rulebook, but I'm sure this has been figured out already.)

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
They're still officially on 25s, and with the extra area you can cover with such a big unit even with 9th's new coherency rules that would be a significant advantage.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Ropes4u posted:

I would like to see the spread top to bottom. In my company the CEO averages $20 million while the chubs at the bottom get $2500

I don't know what the boss took away, but I believe it was £2,500+ to every employee regardless of whether they were a sculptor or a security guard.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
Bigger bases harder to fight in more ranks.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Correct above that they're still on 25's, but I think they'll look better on them anyway - they're your small little bug swarm that want to pack in to a little bunch thematically

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Oh well, 25s it is then. I'll just weigh them down or something, that'll help with the stability. Thanks, everyone.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

moths posted:

Oh well, 25s it is then. I'll just weigh them down or something, that'll help with the stability. Thanks, everyone.

If you get some miliput, it's way cheaper than green stuff, and you can buy anything small but heavy (steel ball bearings for example) relatively cheaply, then hide it all with miliput to flatten the base at the bottom and stop them getting caught on terrain or anything.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

moths posted:

Buy some small lead shot. Fill the base with superglue and fill it with shot.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Z the IVth posted:

Buy some small lead shot. Fill the base with superglue and fill it with shot.

Fishing weights also work pretty well.

But I'm putting magnets in my bases as per that one goon suggestion as it both weighs the base down, lowering the center of gravity on the model, and makes things easy to transport using a baking tray

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Happy Release Day!

Experimented with some reds and basing on these guys:

Could use some more touch ups but I’m trying to teach myself acceptance. I think they look okay for my second batch ever though.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

^burtle posted:

Happy Release Day!

Could use some more touch ups but I’m trying to teach myself acceptance. I think they look okay for my second batch ever though.

For dudes with stubby legs in permanent squats, these dudes sure do look fast.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Spent two days agonizing over the best way to magnetize my new Retributors, then realized that I magnetized my Lizardmen Bastiladon and Stegadon before Age of Sigmar and literally never played a game with them since then, so I'm just going ahead and assembling the Retributors however because I'll probably get more before I ever actually set foot in a store again.

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Cross posting from the painting thread:

I made a fake youtube account to make a stupid joke painting video for the guys at the shop.

It has a long wind up to try and set it up like it's gonna be serious but if you just want to skip to to the punchline then start at like a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLrD_kxkI3c

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Won my first ever game of 9th tonight! Had 2 scout snipers and 2 tac marines left, rolled a 1 to end the game against a swarm of poxwalkers and nurgle Terminators with 9vp to 8. Only my 5th game ever so i was buzzing!

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

moths posted:

If they're not slotta-bases, I just glue a penny or nickel (or w/e local currency you have) or a washer underneath.

Spanish Manlove mentioned it, but cheap fishing weights for the slotta bases

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
So, judging by someone squinting way too hard at that one shot of the new Space Marines codex table of contents, looks like that Land Speeder thing is called the Storm Speeder, there's three variants, and also we're getting Heavy Intercessors.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

^burtle posted:

Happy Release Day!

Hell yeah dude lookin good. On your next batch pay attention to some of the mold lines and if you can spring for it, drill a hole for the gun barrels using a pin vice, which is like a tiny hand drill. If you already have drill bits and trust your dexterity you can just straight up try to drill them out like a barbarian but the pin vice helps a lot. It's also super useful for magnetizing stuff later which means that you can optimize a box of dudes or a vehicle by magnetizing the options on it so you can choose to use all of them as opposed to being locked into one loadout by finalizing it with super glue. As an extreme example, on those boyz you could magenetize the arms and swap out choppas for shootas so you're not stuck with one loadout each for them.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Stephenls posted:

So, judging by someone squinting way too hard at that one shot of the new Space Marines codex table of contents, looks like that Land Speeder thing is called the Storm Speeder, there's three variants, and also we're getting Heavy Intercessors.

Someone saw "relic terminators" so I wonder if that's a superior version or just what they're calling terminators before they get squatted to 40k historic.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

JBP posted:

Someone saw "relic terminators" so I wonder if that's a superior version or just what they're calling terminators before they get squatted to 40k historic.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up on that one; it could just be, like, a unified datasheet for the Cataphractii and Tartaros Terminator kits.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I want iron hands to have terminator sergeants again

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
someone also snapped the page with chapter tactics

mostly the same but using 9e terminology.

Salamanders inexplicably losing the re-roll to hit what the gently caress

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

So when the new Marine Codex hits, I can still use the Blood Ravens rules that were in White Dwarf right? Assuming there’s nothing in the new book for my boys?

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
should be good unless they dramatically rework successor traits.

that said the correct way to do BR chapter tactics is to just pick a founding chapter and use their rules and relics.

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
What is a generally accepted conversion/kitbash for equivalent units. I was thinking of making some bladed cog units using Adeptus Mechanicus Serberys Raiders as a starting base and giving them a Kelermorph vibe. I personally don't intend to play with them (more interesting in building/painting) but if I gave/sold them away I would prefer if they weren't useless. If a player brought them in to play a game and said they were Genestealer Cults Atalan Jackals would that be accepted since they are both mounted units?

Images aren't mine; just for reference.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

^burtle posted:

Happy Release Day!

I love red orks.
Throw a wash on the red (either red or brown) and a black wash on the metal and you're going to be looking really snazzy.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

^burtle posted:

Happy Release Day!

These boyz look proper fast and killy!

I'm ready to move onto my second squad of ten, might revisit after thirty for my first try at edge highlighting

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

JBP posted:

The current legends don't include anything as prominent as Terminators. Perhaps more importantly, many of the terminator sculpts are relatively modern so GW probably doesn't want to just toss away the investment. They're safe through 9th, and probably beyond.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
standard terminators are some of the coolest and most iconic units GW has ever produced and I would be very sad if they vanished

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'm seriously hoping that they complete their functional phase out of Smol Marines by leaving Termies as the only point efficient option and explaining it in the fluff as all the old variant marines having gone through enough attrition and replenishment with Primaris that they all have Terminator Honours by default because the suits would go unused otherwise.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Need to expand my paints and washes but this month was mostly getting myself outfitted to be able to paint, so lots of room to grow moving forward.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Eej posted:

I'm seriously hoping that they complete their functional phase out of Smol Marines by leaving Termies as the only point efficient option and explaining it in the fluff as all the old variant marines having gone through enough attrition and replenishment with Primaris that they all have Terminator Honours by default because the suits would go unused otherwise.

Yeah some kind of permanent old guard option would be cool. I'm not up to date with the fluff, but have the marines completely stopped creating og marines? I know some were doing a bit of both or whatever based on supplies.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
It would be cool if smol marines became some kind of discarded tech and non power armoured astartes start popping up in weird places like necromunda or something.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Here's an image gallery of the 12 frames of the YouTube video in which the new Space Marine codex table of contents are visible, taken at 1080p, followed by the first 10 of those 12 frames adjusted using Photoshop's Perspective Distort option to make them all straight and bigger. The theory was that, even though this is fairly lossy, the human ability to pull data from noise would mean I could interpolate missing information by rapidly paging between ten images with slightly different noise patterns.

It... seems? ...to have worked? Not perfectly; I'm not able to pull out the names of two of the three Storm Speeder variants, and I can't make out the page numbers surrounding the Suppressor Squad to get an estimate of how big the datasheet is likely to be and therefore how likely it is we're getting a multipart version of it. But anyway here's a transcribed unit list.

FIRST COLUMN

-Primaris Captain
-Captain with Master-crafted Heavy Bolt Rifle
-Captain in Phobos Armor
-Captain in Gravis Armor
-Captain in Terminator Armor
-Captain
-Captain on Bike
-Primaris Lieutenant
-Lieutenant in [REIVER?] Armor (I thought this ought to be the Bladeguard Lieutenant, but judging by the Indomitus datasheet that guy's just a gear option for the regular Primaris Lieutenant)
-Lieutenant
-Lieutenant in Phobos Armor
-Primaris Librarian
-Librarian
-Librarian in Phobos Armor
-Librarian in Terminator Armor
-Primaris Chaplain
-Primaris Chaplain on Bike
-Chaplain in Terminator Armor
-Chaplain
-Primaris Techmarine
-Servitors

SECOND COLUMN

-Techmarine
-Intercessor Squad
-Assault Intercessor Squad
-Heavy Intercessor Squad
-Infiltrator Squad
-Incursor Squad
-Tactical Squad
-Company Champion (Am I crazy or does this look like it actually says "Company Champions," plural?)
-Scout Squad (I guess they're Elites now...)
-Primaris Apothecary
-Apothecary
-Company Ancient
-Primaris Ancient
-Bladeguard Ancient
-Ancient in Terminator Armor
-Veteran Intercessor Squad (Neat-o; wonder if they'll be able to draw from a larger pool of gear using all the Intercessor kits....)
-Bladeguard Veteran Squad
-Company Veterans
-Vanguard Veteran Squad
-Sternguard Veteran Squad
-Judiciar
-Reiver Squad
-Aggressor Squad
-Terminator Assault Squad
-Terminator Squad
-Relic Terminator Squad (Probably a single datasheet for the Cataphractii and Tartaros Terminators; they do share gear)
-Centurion Assault Squad
-Invictor Tactical Warsuit
-Dreadnaught
-Contemptor Dreadnaught
-Venerable Dreadnought
-Ironclad Dreadnought
-Redemptor Dreadnaught
-Assault Squad
-Outrider Squad
-Invader ATV Squad
-Bike Squad
-Scout Bike Squad
-Attack Bike Squad
-Suppressor Squad
-Inceptor Squad
-Storm Speeder Hellstrike

THIRD COLUMN

-Storm Speeder SOMETHING
-Storm Speeder SOMETHING
-Land Speeder
-Land Speeder [TORNADO?]
-Land Speeder [TYPHOON?] (Did they split these off into separate entries for Power Level reasons...?)
-Hellblaster Squad
-Devastator Squad
-Centurion Devastator Squad
-Eliminator Squad
-Eradicator Squad
-Thunderfire Cannon
-Firestrike Servo-turret
-Hunter
-Stalker
-Whirlwind
-Predator [DESTRUCTOR?]
-Predator [ANNIHILATOR?]
-Gladiator Lancer
-Gladiator Reaper
-Gladiator Valiant
-Vindicator
-Land Raider
-Land Raider Crusader
-Land Raider Redeemer
-Repulsor
-Repulsor Executioner
-Rhino
-Razorback
-Impulsor
-Drop Pod
-Land Speeder Storm
-Stormhawk Interceptor
-Stormraven Gunship
-Stormtalon Gunship
-Hammerfall Bunker

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
I made one of my veteran sergeant small Marines in to a preacher. He now travels with the Sororitas and spreads the word of the emperor with his chainsword. He was holding an auspex scan so I just replaced it with a Rosarious. And I put a tonsure on him with some clay :D Preach!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Didn't there used to be a Company Champions box of the old HQ units? Like the executioner and the guy checking Santa's list?