Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Imo, I think the girls would have taken the chance to kick Alexis out even if India didn't blabbed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Tired Moritz posted:

Imo, I think the girls would have taken the chance to kick Alexis out even if India didn't blabbed.

Really? What makes you think that? Not arguing at all, just curious about your perspective!

I just find India so gross and disingenuous, and Miss Derrick must feel vindicated cos she called that poo poo.

Does anyone have screenshots of the social media posts that Derrick mentioned that India posted? I don't follow queens except for on Instagram and I don't know what it was she said! Would appreciate what anyone can share :)

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I mean, who are they gonna kick? loving Blair? It's just the most competitive/meta choice without being kicking someone's that's a frontrunner that will make the fanbase pissy.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

MizuZero posted:

Tegan & Sara

pls no because their pop music sucks and we def won't get a sad acoustic lipsync about losing the girl

give me metric and peaches and dragonette tho thx

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

So I went to a bar for the finale and Juju and Shea got insane pops (Juju the loudest) for the challenge and runways. Cracker got silence except for some straight girls who gave up when nobody joined in.

Later our waiter told us every table was basically telling him they just hope Cracker doesn't win and it better be Juju or Shea lmfao

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

esperterra posted:

pls no because their pop music sucks and we def won't get a sad acoustic lipsync about losing the girl

give me metric and peaches and dragonette tho thx

their pop music does suck but they’re affable canadian queer musicians and if henry rollins can show up to panel for rpdr and dragula then they can make it out to co-guest judge. ideally we’d get something uptempo from before heartthrob like idk northshore but that’s... unlikely

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
drat, they really wasted the double win on AS4

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

lipsync to living room or bust

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

MizuZero posted:

re: Drag Race Canada - when the challenge prize for S01E04 was announced as a gift card to Fabricland, my partner and I immediately harmonized the jingle

Fa Bri Cland FABRICLAND

Same. Extremely Canadian prize.

zedar
Dec 3, 2010

Your leader
I do wonder how much Cracker regrets not sending Shea home when she had the chance.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

MizuZero posted:

also please give us Grimes / Tegan & Sara / Metric / Feist / Peaches lipsyncs on Canada

Sorry, the rest of the season is all Barenaked Ladies songs.

Also, I'm sure you've all seen on gay twitter that Shea's wig is an homage to Sasha's wig from when she beat Shea at the lip sync at the season 9 finale.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

zedar posted:

I do wonder how much Cracker regrets not sending Shea home when she had the chance.

She probably doesn’t regret it, because the Drag Race fandom is insane and toxic and the backlash would be worse than the increased chance to take the crown.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

garthoneeye posted:

She probably doesn’t regret it, because the Drag Race fandom is insane and toxic and the backlash would be worse than the increased chance to take the crown.

Correct. She knew that the crown is given based mostly on popularity, and that it really didn't matter that she won the most challenges of the season.

Naomi took a ton of heat for sending Manilla home, and Cracker doesn't have the same sense of self worth that Naomi does. The toxicity of the fanbase would have broken Cracker.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's kind of annoying they never used their power. They hammer into all their heads "ITS A COMPETITION" and none of them take advantage of it. gently caress the toxic fans - it's a gameshow - amp the drama up.

I mistakenly went onto Insta before bed and Trixie posted congrats to Shea before I had watched so RIP - but it's fine. I was Team Juju for being a complete package and hilarious the entire time.

impossiboobs
Oct 2, 2006

I really want to see the queens do an Alanis song. An angry "You Oughta Know" would be so fierce.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

Yeah I do think what’s the point of the ability to send people if the results are almost always safe. It’s also weird because if it did happen consistently in a season the end result would be bad. Mayhem and India in the top three? :confused:

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

It’s one of the flaws of the All-Stars format. It sounds like a good idea on paper because it should keep queens on their toes and naturally produce drama, but because the queen’s primary income source requires being well-liked on a broad level it falls flat. It’s the same reason celebrity editions of competitive reality shows are less interesting: everyone’s playing to the audience and generally aware of how they’ll come off.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Chewbecca posted:

I feel like there was no resolution in the finale with India, how she acted was so gross, her explanation was so half arsed, and yet shea immediately turned her attention onto someone else? Ugh it just annoyed me :rant:

Poor Alexis, her leaving is directly attributable to India and she never really got an apology or even acknowledgement!

These shows never produce catharsis

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I hope now that shea got her w that instead of trolling her with petal reveals fans instead lightly slap her with a single fake titty

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Not going to lie, I don't remember a second of the Clap Back song.

That was probably the closest finish we've ever gotten on a season. I could've seen any of them winning but when the judges never even discussed track records I knew Cracker was done. And then Shea stepped out in Sasha's wig and wrapped that story right up.

I really liked seeing the eliminated queens get to walk in their finale looks too. Bring that back.

Raccoonboy
May 31, 2011
id love to see a season where queens walk every runway

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

watching season 1 and it’s almost painful after the incredible quality camera and set work of DRC.

Akasha has the most stunning smile, Ongina is SO CHARMING, and everything about Nina, oh my goodness.

Side note, I’m not sure what everyone is on about with their criticism of the DRC judges. Jeffery is a bit much sometimes, but he’s nowhere near as vicious as Santino, and his “you have as much time as everyone else” is a very, very good point.
I feel like they’re offering incredibly useful critiques, and I appreciate that the guest judges are on the same level as the permanent hosts. Far better than Ru having the final say.

I’ve never been so in love with an entire cast before (...ok other than Kyne) but I would like BOA to calm it down slightly.

Though I do appreciate that her name inspired me to dive back into the K-Pop Queen BOA’s discography and music videos :allears:

Here’s a mean statement from me though-
I’m glad that Shea finally has something to talk about other than “drat, I lost to Sasha!” She lost because she assumed she’d kill the lipsync so she wore a mediocre look and halfassed the lipsync.
That drive did cause her to step up her (already incredibly strong!) looks and game though, and I absolutely appreciated it.

Final thought- heartbroken that Jujubee’s cats didn’t win $100k though. Imagine the wild, over the top setup Juju would’ve built for them 😭

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Has Juju been in the most episodes of any queen now?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

BoA lipsync when tbh

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014
Both Juju's final runway and lipsync looks were flawless. My god.

The right person definitely won, though I wouldn't have been mad if Juju won either.

EDIT:

the escape goat posted:

did they film three wins? if so, it’s gotta be surreal for Shea to finally get her win while sitting on the couch.

Here's Shea's actual reaction to winning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UI2IfC3pws

beepsandboops fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jul 25, 2020

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

esperterra posted:

BoA lipsync when tbh

"Eat You Up" would be the BEST drat THING

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eat You Up is such a bop tbh, usually English releases are pretty meh but that poo poo is forever my jam. It has some of her most fun choreo from that era, too.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

HOW DID I FORGET ABOUT THE BULLSHIT OF REBECCA STAYING OVER JADE

Gonna have to eat a few feelings, luckily a vegan ice cream parlor just opened across the street.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

So it Rupaul actually cancelled or what's up with that?

I saw a few tweets and do not know what's up. Apparently she has deleted her twitter account?

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The Little Death posted:

So it Rupaul actually cancelled or what's up with that?

I saw a few tweets and do not know what's up. Apparently she has deleted her twitter account?

No one is sure. I'd guess that between the fracking and the facekinis it's not worth it to have social media until the time when the show can start up production again.

As for Canada, I don't mind the judging... I'm just pissed that Priyanka got such a pass. I'm not even saying she should have been the bottom two, but the praise was ???

Shea! :toot:

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Lol I forgot about the fracking thing.

Also yeah Priyanka's look was ehh. Honestly team paper I liked better than team metal, even if the knight outfits were a little high school drama class.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Shea deserved the win but I would have been happy with any of them. I'm one of the people who love Cracker but even I have to say that that lip sync outfit was garbage compared to the other two. I get that there was supposed to be a gimmick that failed, but even if it had succeeded it wouldn't have justified wearing a goddamn leotard and tights for the final lipsync on motherfucking All Stars.

Trig Discipline fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jul 26, 2020

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Priyanka is fun but her wigs are always so drat stringy looking. Like girl get some volume or something drat

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

The Little Death posted:

Also yeah Priyanka's look was ehh. Honestly team paper I liked better than team metal, even if the knight outfits were a little high school drama class.

Yeah I thought team paper actually did okay. I can't argue with the critique that it seemed more costumey then couture, but I thought it was cute and reasonably well done for what it was.

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

Shea deserved the win but I would have been happy with any of them. I'm one of the people who love Cracker but even I have to say that that lip sync outfit was garbage compared to the other two. I get that there was supposed to be a gimmick that failed, but even if it had succeeded it would have justified wearing a goddamn leotard and tights for the final lipsync on motherfucking All Stars.

I agree, standing on that stage cracker just looked underdressed. At least have a skirt or something with your cardboard party hat titties

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah I thought team paper actually did okay. I can't argue with the critique that it seemed more costumey then couture, but I thought it was cute and reasonably well done for what it was.

One thing I hate about the costume versus couture thing though it it can seem arbitrary. Jimbo looked great but it was unquestionably a costume. It was a queen from a fairytale. It was certainly much more elaborate than Tynomi or Ilona, but not less costumey. There are ways they could have embellished those knight looks, but that's different than Brooke Lynn's critique of the concept, which I don't think was very fair.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

God I love the DRCAN girls getting a runway lesson. If you have Stacey loving McKenzie you best have her do her thing.

e: sidenote i love how the runway and ending songs are the realness and u wear it well b/c those are some of ru's best bops

however i wish they'd brought back i bring the beat for the runway

e2: i was fine with the judging this week, but i prob would have put boa in the bottom with ilona or tynomi.
metal team was more consistent tho so i wasn't pressed by boa and pri being safe. ilona and tynomi's looks compared to jimbo's had a much bigger quality gap between them.
paper had a cool idea but it was overall super costumey for a fashion house challenge, which is another knock against them for me

rip tynomi see u on canadian all stars

esperterra fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 26, 2020

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

also JBC is very nice to look at but he's terrible as a permanent judge imo

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

esperterra posted:

also JBC is very nice to look at but he's terrible as a permanent judge imo

The former is more important than the latter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

MizuZero posted:

great finale. Good idea to let the eliminated queens return to kiki and show off a couple more (undoubtedly very expensive) looks. The werkroom banter pre-final was a lot more relaxed with them present.

if the winner wasn’t already a foregone conclusion, the lipsync cinched it; juju and cracker’s runways were great, but shea infused every second of her performance with her personality. much better than cracker’s arbitrary pirouettes and leaky sand titties. having the finale song be janelle monae was unfair to our two runners-up.

re: Drag Race Canada - when the challenge prize for S01E04 was announced as a gift card to Fabricland, my partner and I immediately harmonized the jingle

Fa Bri Cland FABRICLAND

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TGGmZvhxeE

This has been stuck in my brain all day

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Jul 26, 2020