Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Ordinarily I'd think you'd a expect a story that includes making GBS threads on the beach and eating clams to have them at ends opposite to where they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Ki Rata requires total mental focus right and is functionally moving at hyper-speed right now, right? I can't help but think that if White Chain can actually suckerpunch Solomon David right now he's gonna turn into a fine Paternum slurry from the impact.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Ki Rata requires total mental focus right and is functionally moving at hyper-speed right now, right? I can't help but think that if White Chain can actually suckerpunch Solomon David right now he's gonna turn into a fine Paternum slurry from the impact.
I don't think this encounter with a demiurge is going to end the exact opposite way as all the other ones.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

White Chain is going to just barely dodge out of the way, which will make Solomon fall flat on his face in disgrace, as pride goeth before a fall

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!
I feel this is a well executed version of a classic story beat, as illustrated by Meti's tale. Sucky Dad is fighting for some dumb political philosophy bullshit, which the text of the story so far has explicitly told us is said and pointless in the context of actual royalty. The fact that he hasn't already hosed off to pursue being Royal is an excellent indicator that he is incapable of it anyhow. On top of that, he's showboating to prove his superiority, moral and physical, to the audience.

White Chain doesn't give a poo poo about any of that. She is fighting because doing so is a pure victory for her, regardless of outcome, so long as she does her utmost. For example, that Meti bit about getting your head chopped off.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Lemony posted:

I feel this is a well executed version of a classic story beat, as illustrated by Meti's tale. Sucky Dad is fighting for some dumb political philosophy bullshit, which the text of the story so far has explicitly told us is said and pointless in the context of actual royalty. The fact that he hasn't already hosed off to pursue being Royal is an excellent indicator that he is incapable of it anyhow. On top of that, he's showboating to prove his superiority, moral and physical, to the audience.

White Chain doesn't give a poo poo about any of that. She is fighting because doing so is a pure victory for her, regardless of outcome, so long as she does her utmost. For example, that Meti bit about getting your head chopped off.

Don't forget the story about the King of Swords; Totally sloppy and amateur swing that utterly blindsided a master of combat and took his head clean off.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Rigged Death Trap posted:

AHHHH
HELL YEAH

YES
YES
YES

I can't wait for KSBD arc 7, where this scene happens again but during a horse race through new york.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

That's the twitching of an empty palm.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Brought To You By posted:

Solomon's mistake will be that he isn't as wary as DIO was.

Well, to be fair, Dave wasn't previously decapitated by a relative of White Chain

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I am torn between the "hit him once and he explodes" interpretation and the "hit him enough to damage him and he kills white chain like an rear end in a top hat" interpretation.

Both of them are terrifying.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
If White Chain manages to move as fast as Solomon I don't fancy her chances of survival. She'll die on the alter of power creep.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Maybe she'll move so fast that she shatters her own armor from the impact, injuring Solomon in the process.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

He admits shes won by the rules and she hits back with
"Keep your loving prison"

even better is if she just dies or walks off as david hysterically asks her to make a wish

let him die unfulfilled

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

We were warned we'd hate the ending of this book.

White Chain's going to win and take up the mantle of Empress.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Shoehead posted:

If White Chain manages to move as fast as Solomon I don't fancy her chances of survival. She'll die on the alter of power creep.

That only makes her one sixth as dangerous as Jagganoth. Getting on the same power-level as the little-league demiurges is just a step on the road, not some impossible, story-breaking escalation.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

nimby posted:

We were warned we'd hate the ending of this book.

White Chain's going to win and take up the mantle of Empress.

You know, I don't know the source media but I'm p sure jrpg law requires a party member to become a big bad at some point so this tracks honestly

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Paramemetic posted:

You know, I don't know the source media but I'm p sure jrpg law requires a party member to become a big bad at some point so this tracks honestly

Or, sometimes, vice-versa! Happy 25 Years, Chrono Trigger!

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

shirts and skins posted:

Or, sometimes, vice-versa! Happy 25 Years, Chrono Trigger!

oh god Salami Dave is going to join the party

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Guessing either Burning Finger coming up or she makes her own shell explode unexpectedly, thus cutting SolDave

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

If a demiurge, soldave in this case, kicks it thats the start of a new universal war right then and there.

But yalls forgetting a thing
Gogs gonna killsteal. Wildcard bitches.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Bilirubin posted:

Guessing either Burning Finger coming up or she makes her own shell explode unexpectedly, thus cutting SolDave
How anime can we make WC's death? The answer might surprise you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9WH9fHkQlw

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

If a demiurge, soldave in this case, kicks it thats the start of a new universal war right then and there.

White Chain's going to legit win and SolDave will leave her his empire. Her first act as Empress is to dissolve the empire.

Every son of SolDave becomes a warlord eager to reunite they wayward worlds.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
White Chain's wish will be for Solomon to make Allison give the key back to the true heir.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Dead Reckoning posted:

White Chain's wish will be for Solomon to make Allison give the key back to the true heir.

yeah, sure

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

if White Chain makes it out of this her request will be for Zaid and Solomon will have a total meltdown that someone would ask for anything other than his empire

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I think regardless of drawing blood or not, he loses his poo poo and nukes her anyway and despite Allison & Cio obviously calling bullshit al his people just stand up and applaud so they dont make their tyrant god king who can do no wrong mad (even tho he was clearly owned if even in a small way)

except gogagog who is laughing her rear end off very publically, very loudly. Dave gets so mad he just opens war on her right there and now here comes Gog's war clown cars while The Gang makes their big escape

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Careful about getting a minor symbolic wound Dave, Gog-Agog can just stuff a maggot in there and turn you into another one of her.

It won't happen, but it would be loving hilarious

Edit: Man, I picked a great time to get back into this.

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

Karnegal posted:

Well, to be fair, Dave wasn't previously decapitated by a relative of White Chain

I think Incubus maintains immortality by by using his Head of John powers in a similar way.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

rannum posted:

I think regardless of drawing blood or not, he loses his poo poo and nukes her anyway and despite Allison & Cio obviously calling bullshit al his people just stand up and applaud so they dont make their tyrant god king who can do no wrong mad (even tho he was clearly owned if even in a small way)

except gogagog who is laughing her rear end off very publically, very loudly. Dave gets so mad he just opens war on her right there and now here comes Gog's war clown cars while The Gang makes their big escape

I'm dubious about this, for the same reason I'm dubious about the papercut arguments - they don't tie into White Chain's motivations. If WC won in such a way, it wouldn't be a case of using action to show what the character and plot are doing, and I don't think that's consistent with the general storytelling of K6BD.

WC isn't objecting to SD on the basis that SD is 1) wrong on a technical matter or 2) not strong. She's arguing that the absolute most perfect execution of SD's vision cannot succeed at its own objectives. SD is both insanely strong and a 'wise ruler,' but he has created a structure that is intrinsically tyrannical and no amount of strength or wisdom will make it less tyrannical. And of course the only escape plan that SD considers acceptable is for somebody who is more strong to come along, which is effectively just doubling down.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I agree - I would be genuinely disappointed if White Chain ‘wins’ this fight by Solomon’s rules.

I am curious to see how he would react to someone he’s decided isn’t worthy spontaneously developing Ki Rata though.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I'm assuming since Gog is known as devourer of worlds, she both a) convinces people to eat the worm and b) forces the worm upon them when it benefits her. yah?

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Pacra posted:

I'm assuming since Gog is known as devourer of worlds, she both a) convinces people to eat the worm and b) forces the worm upon them when it benefits her. yah?

There’s not really any evidence of her being able to force the worm - I’m pretty sure when she devours a world she literally just totally eats people with a mass of worms. After all, the name of the play is Man, and its hero the Conqueror Worm. She maybe can rebuild them out of worms but I imagine she’s bad at it - one thing Gog Agog isn’t very good at is subterfuge, based on literally everything we’ve seen her do on screen.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

yeah with every comic in this arc i am more excited for what the gently caress Gog is going to do here

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

The reveal is going to be that the vast, vast majority of rayubans have eaten the worm already to deal with living under the rule of Soldave, and his peace is doubly hollow because it only holds together on account of the population being all wormed up without his notice

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

What if what we hate is that Gog Agog is never more than a comedy side villain, and her schemes are foiled constantly because she’s not actually good at schemes?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

Joe Slowboat posted:

What if what we hate is that Gog Agog is never more than a comedy side villain, and her schemes are foiled constantly because she’s not actually good at schemes?

Allison already bested Gog when she was offered the worm and refused. Gog doesn't know how else to try and fight her so never even bothers.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
everybody's going all jojo but the first thing that came into mind on reading this strip was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YebMt5DDSF4&t=105s

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

theshim posted:

everybody's going all jojo but the first thing that came into mind on reading this strip was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YebMt5DDSF4&t=105s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR-K2rUP86M

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
I personally think the power creep is accounted for. Allison clearly isn't even beginning on her journey of power, as evidenced by Solomon being the END of the road. The characters could stand to be tuffer.