Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He's done it again!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Silly Burrito posted:

I showed this to my family and only my 13 year old daughter just smiled and went "I know what that is." And she was right.

Such a proud moment.

I showed my 13 yo niece who responded

quote:

I know it's loss but I don't know what loss is😂

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I showed my 13 yo niece who responded

Apparently the next step after a meme is an ideogram.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

:lmao:

Musluk
May 23, 2011

:laffo:

Good god.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Paladinus posted:

He's done it again!

The absolute madman! The '2020 turd' meme is taking the Internet by storm, the one that inspired it all is at an astonishing 90 upvotes already:

https://imgur.com/gallery/d46JMv4

It has so much potential, this meme could be an evergreen

He made you a sandwich the size of your torso so maybe don't throw shade, you little braces-wearing motherfucker

Phlegmish has a new favorite as of 13:03 on Jul 26, 2020

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Phlegmish posted:

He made you a sandwich the size of your torso so maybe don't throw shade, you little braces-wearing motherfucker

I never apologise. I'm sorry.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I hope the artist is better. Has anyone heard from her after her mental breakdown?

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle

This is from 1995 isn't it?

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

yaffle posted:

This is from 1995 isn't it?

We haven't reached the lovely Singularity yet, my friend.
The Three Gorges Dam in China is in danger of collapsing.

We're close though. Should push us over the edge, for sure.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Len posted:

I hope the artist is better. Has anyone heard from her after her mental breakdown?

Probably going back to the internet is especially a bad idea

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

He's done it again!

Once I find a lovely gimmick, I stick to it!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Once I find a lovely gimmick, I stick to it!

Throwing every poo poo at the wall until one sticks.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/JucikaDaily/status/1287402293667618818

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The love child of Everett True and Jucika would be a being of unfathomable power

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Oh no the umami is attacking me!

I have a theory that people who absolutely cannot process Marmite and Vegemite are also the people who cannot fathom the idea that food could or should have any particular taste or spices to it.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Everett True is happily married

He'd be a hell of a father in law though

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Everett True is happily married

Please do not minimize the trauma of domestic abuse victims tia

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Straight White Shark posted:

This might be :thejoke: but due to most people not following a 120-year old newspaper cartoon in a dead forum's yet another subforum megathread, even if the comic is from the era before the polio vaccination, the msr True is also an artist of ultraviolence, and the only person who constantly puts Everett to his place.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Heath posted:

The love child of Everett True and Jucika would be a being of unfathomable power

All committers of minor offenses would be launched into the stratosphere, the streets would be cleaner than Singapore's. I'm not sure we can risk creating this Kwisatz Haderach

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Straight White Shark posted:

Which is the victim?

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 19:32 on Jul 26, 2020

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Der Kyhe posted:

Oh no the umami is attacking me!

I have a theory that people who absolutely cannot process Marmite and Vegemite are also the people who cannot fathom the idea that food could or should have any particular taste or spices to it.

marmite was a war food that was issued to british soldiers because it was the cheapest way they could prevent them all from dying of thiamine deficiency and now you've all achieved some kind of collective cultural delusion that it's actually a delicious food and not barely edible sludge that they have to scrape off of the bottom of brewery vats

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

This is just how it was back in those days, there was only submission or going completely apeshit like in Gangs of New York, nothing in between.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Marmite is the fedora of foods.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

cock hero flux posted:

marmite was a war food that was issued to british soldiers because it was the cheapest way they could prevent them all from dying of thiamine deficiency and now you've all achieved some kind of collective cultural delusion that it's actually a delicious food and not barely edible sludge that they have to scrape off of the bottom of brewery vats

Marmite and Vegemite, or Chinese hoisin sauce, or Asian fish sauces are all in the same flavor group providing a deep, rich and distinct flavor unlike sweet, sour, bitter or salty.

The taste, umami, is definitely uncommon in traditionally western cuisine, and marmite is the most common product of such taste group. Unless you are a person who never tries out anything new, that taste definitely is not "just a barely edible sludge ran by collective cultural delusion".

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

cock hero flux posted:

It tastes a lot like chicken stock. To the point where you can use it as a substitute in recipes.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
It's also a great substitute for beans or meat in chili

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Der Kyhe posted:

Marmite and Vegemite, or Chinese hoisin sauce, or Asian fish sauces are all in the same flavor group providing a deep, rich and distinct flavor unlike sweet, sour, bitter or salty.
true but the key difference between hoisin sauce and marmite is that the deep rich and distinct flavour of hoisin sauce tastes good whereas the deep rich and distinct flavour of marmite tastes like a sweaty gym sock, and is only interesting to someone whose palette is so dull that think umami is some kind of hot poo poo new science fiction flavour as opposed to a flavour that is in lots of things that you've eaten already that don't taste like you're licking the tile grout out of a ymca shower

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Der Kyhe posted:

The taste, umami, is definitely uncommon in traditionally western cuisine

That's a ridiculous statement. Maybe we have different source ingredients for umami between east and west, but umami is a very important flavor in western cuisine.

I just had some porcini mushrooms and they are umami bombs.

But it's also very present in dried or smoked meats, fishes and shellfishes, broths/stocks, old cheeses, etc
It's quite widespread too in western cuisine.

Broths are a staple of traditional cuisine and they are definitely umami.

We don't have the habit to name that flavor in the west, but it's there

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

cock hero flux posted:

true but the key difference between hoisin sauce and marmite is that the deep rich and distinct flavour of hoisin sauce tastes good whereas the deep rich and distinct flavour of marmite tastes like a sweaty gym sock, and is only interesting to someone whose palette is so dull that think umami is some kind of hot poo poo new science fiction flavour as opposed to a flavour that is in lots of things that you've eaten already that don't taste like you're licking the tile grout out of a ymca shower

People like things you don't and there's no great conspiracy as to why they do.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

No fuk u

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

congratulations on making a post so smug and fatuous that the people saying that anyone who doesn't like marmite is incapable of processing flavour now seem comparatively pleasant

Bogmonster
Oct 17, 2007

The Bogey is a philosopher who knows

As a proud Englishman, I can state with certainty that Marmite, despite its marketing slogan of "love it or hate it" is absolutely loving rank

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i like food

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Der Kyhe posted:

The taste, umami, is definitely uncommon in traditionally western cuisine, and marmite is the most common product of such taste group. Unless you are a person who never tries out anything new, that taste definitely is not "just a barely edible sludge ran by collective cultural delusion".

This is some according to keikaku poo poo right here.