Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Nastyman posted:

What the gently caress is he talking about

I think he's running the same software as Dennis Miller, only with slightly updated cultural references.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Vib Rib posted:

Infinite scrolling is probably my least favorite modern web design trend and it fucks with me every time it shows up. What's so wrong with pages

Hey lets make it so if you want to come back to this content you remembered but didnt happen to LIKE AND FAVORITE you have to scroll ALLL the way down. Is it pretty old? gently caress you, youre gonna have to try to remember what other stuff was around it. Oh and dont go too fast we cant load that fast enough and it will just stop to load more of the bullcrap.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Sunswipe posted:

I think he's running the same software as Dennis Miller, only with slightly updated cultural references.

https://youtu.be/n-Mz_rDeP04
This really isn’t too far off the mark

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
https://twitter.com/chiefpad/status/1287348612712685570?s=20

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

Vib Rib posted:

Infinite scrolling is probably my least favorite modern web design trend and it fucks with me every time it shows up. What's so wrong with pages

Peak web design are sites that have links only found in the footer, but because of infinite scrolling the footer gets pushed down when more content loads so you can never reach the footer.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

hyperhazard posted:

Especially ironic that he's including kayaking in there. You know, that boat without any significance to Inuit peoples, totally invented by red blooded Americans, with a very American-sounding name.

Probably found out "kayak" originally meant "men's boat."

Women used a larger open topped boat for net fishing in small groups.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Probably found out "kayak" originally meant "men's boat."

Women used a larger open topped boat for net fishing in small groups.

Oh really? What were those called, I'm awful at picturing things from just a description so I wanna google it.

bhangraton
Aug 20, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Oh really? What were those called, I'm awful at picturing things from just a description so I wanna google it.

Umiak

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

lobsterminator posted:

Peak web design are sites that have links only found in the footer, but because of infinite scrolling the footer gets pushed down when more content loads so you can never reach the footer.

This is especially great when it's a corporation's web page, so you can never get down to the contact information.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/brownnymph/status/1287443168993009664

What did Adam Driver do?

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Too many people are obsessed with emo boy from Star Wars still.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
If a tweet mentions adam driver, it's 99% likely to be star wars fandom drama

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
It's probably easier to be a huge Adam Driver stan if you've seen everything he's done except Star Wars.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Skwirl posted:

It's probably easier to be a huge Adam Driver stan if you've seen everything he's done except Star Wars.
I've loved him since his tiny part in "Inside Llewyn Davis".

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Played a couple of jewish characters despite not being jewish.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Skwirl posted:

I liked him a lot in Logan Lucky.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Aren't people mad because he wanted to join the military after 9/11, and that made him anti-muslim or something?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1287374826999615488

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Playing video games is more productive than listening to Joe Rogan's podcast imo

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I mean, this holds equally true for movies, television, novels, any form of fiction, really. It's almost like we value and need fiction and fantasy in our lives, and video games are just the newest form of that!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Skwirl posted:

I can understand liking him for being a good actor, but I don't get the people who think he's sexy.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

RoboRodent posted:

I mean, this holds equally true for movies, television, novels, any form of fiction, really. It's almost like we value and need fiction and fantasy in our lives, and video games are just the newest form of that!
Yeah not gonna pretend overconsumption isn't absolutely a thing, but that's some real glass houses poo poo for someone who made their name in crappy television.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

MizPiz posted:

I can understand liking him for being a good actor, but I don't get the people who think he's sexy.

the iosm is coming from inside the thread :colbert:

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Actually, for the record, just this past spring I was taking a class on 18th century literature, the era of the birth of the modern novel, and we spent a while examining the anti-novel sentiments that were widespread in the 1700s. So much of the whining and pearl clutching about morality and wasted time is functionally identical to modern criticisms about video games.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

RoboRodent posted:

You ever seen a monkey though? Those things are loving ripped man. Pull that up Jamie.
*huge toke*
That's hosed up.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The peasantry should be more productive, I say from my mansion funded by rent seeking and exploitation of the working class.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

MizPiz posted:

There's a thing called joli-laid: French term for "pretty-ugly". He has an extremely striking face, and he uses it well. He's also tall and fit.

e: Re novels, there's a huge rant in one of Jane Austen's books (maybe Persuasion?) about how great novels are, so she was clearly feeling the sting.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Skwirl posted:

My first exposure to him was through star wars and I liked his performance enough that I started looking at other work he's done. I'd never even heard of him before.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Adam Driver seems like a decent guy who has used his Star Wars/Girls clout for picking good, interesting projects that he's good in.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Garrand posted:

My first exposure to him was through star wars and I liked his performance enough that I started looking at other work he's done. I'd never even heard of him before.

He's good enough, just not given a ton to work with, especially since the writing between the three films is all over the place about his character's internal life and motivation.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Him and Boyega got done dirty by those films

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Yeah, the character wasn't good but he seemed to deliver it fine all things considered. What an oddly shaped man, though.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Played a couple of jewish characters despite not being jewish.

Is he then a good actor or a bad actor?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

If you also said that stuff like MMA was also a waste of time Joe Rogan would probably be like "Nuh Uh, You use punching people creatively EVERYDAY!"

calling things "a Waste of time" is a Boomer rear end saying because it usually means, "Not helping me or making me money"

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Hihohe posted:

If you also said that stuff like MMA was also a waste of time Joe Rogan would probably be like "Nuh Uh, You use punching people creatively EVERYDAY!"

calling things "a Waste of time" is a Boomer rear end saying because it usually means, "Not helping me or making me money"

He's saying it because he used to be balls deep in quake and it basically took over his life, so now he won't touch games.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

If you ever put him in front of an actual good game he'd probably starve to death

Gofundme to buy Joe Rogan a switch and a copy of zelda

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I’d never seen Driver before, so when Kylo took the mask off that was cool.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

He's saying it because he used to be balls deep in quake and it basically took over his life, so now he won't touch games.

Again, overindulgence is a thing and loads of media are designed to hijack your attention center... but Rogan showing signs of addictive behavior and blaming something else why that would be wholly inconsistent!

Dude should be mad af he wasn't born in 2002 and missed the boat to be a Twitch Streamer

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

christmas boots posted:

Yeah, the character wasn't good but he seemed to deliver it fine all things considered. What an oddly shaped man, though.

Yeah, his shirt-off scene in TFA had me wondering about hosed-up photoshopping - his torso seemed a weird shape.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Everyone glossing over the part where the tweets says this

quote:

ALSO she said comparing dev patel and adam driver was disrespectful to adam driver

Lauren should die on that hill.