Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

happyhippy posted:

Where do you put the strawberries to dry out?

It's called buttcoin for a reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

Paladinus posted:

It's called buttcoin for a reason.

ymgve posted:

Why build a mining rig datacenter when you can build a mining datacenter combined with a water park:

https://www.designboom.com/architecture/post-jcpoa-tower-crypto-park-water-theme-park-cryptocurrency-mining-tehran-iran-06-01-2019/

Flared base. Checks out.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

CampingCarl posted:

Also the complete lack of fire escape or stairs that go the entire length because this isn't a fire hazard at all.
Ride the water slides down if you're so worried.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Vesi posted:

this diagram explains defi pretty well

each transition is another scam

bitcoin: powered by suck and hope

e: Bitcoin: powered by suck, hope, and water slides

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Vesi posted:

tag yourself

I'm suck

obviously

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
"join | fire" is a great idea for that whole thing.

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Shumagorath posted:

"join | fire" is a great idea for that whole thing.

Wipe | give works best for me.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Do you think somebody somewhere tried tying Mario Teaches Typing directly to bitcoin

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001
So much hate in this thread over Bitcoin!

I mined like a thousand of them back when difficulty was so low that you could still do it with CPU cycles.

Maybe I should try to buy Something Awful from Lowtax with them.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Xenomorph posted:

I mined like a thousand of them back when difficulty was so low that you could still do it with CPU cycles.

you can get at least one pizza with a thousand bitcoins probably it's gone up a bunch

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

divabot posted:

crypto is a street corner shell game with three shells and a pea

defi is a street corner shell game with a thousand shells and many fractions of a pea

in neither case will you find the pea

you know how crypto recapitulates the history of financial fraud on fast forward? defi recapitulates the history of crypto fraud on fast forward
Eagerly awaiting the upcoming era of hyperfinance when we're six layers deep and I can start each morning watching bold new scams form, exploit, and collapse before I finish breakfast.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Xenomorph posted:

If you sold them all now you'd have ten million dollars! You should go do that and report back!

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Splicer posted:

Eagerly awaiting the upcoming era of hyperfinance when we're six layers deep and I can start each morning watching bold new scams form, exploit, and collapse before I finish breakfast.

It'll be some sanpaku eyed 'the fish is our most popular dish' 'news' anchorwoman, telling you with breathless wonder about how billions of dollars of value were created overnight by pioneering *coin founder Satocha Nakamura, and for more information, go to https://www.50xcoininvestors.com and sign up today!

The next day will be a retrospective on either a pump and dump, an exit scam, or a identity fraud case, and tough poo poo, those billions in value were actually just the 3 million invested by gullible rubes, and we're pretty sure it was the North Koreans somehow who did it. Sorry about your losses, perhaps the exchange can give you partial refunds using tether?

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

It'll be some sanpaku eyed 'the fish is our most popular dish' 'news' anchorwoman, telling you with breathless wonder about how billions of dollars of value were created overnight by pioneering *coin founder Satocha Nakamura, and for more information, go to https://www.50xcoininvestors.com and sign up today!

The next day will be a retrospective on either a pump and dump, an exit scam, or a identity fraud case, and tough poo poo, those billions in value were actually just the 3 million invested by gullible rubes, and we're pretty sure it was the North Koreans somehow who did it. Sorry about your losses, perhaps the exchange can give you partial refunds using tether?
Too slow. I want the newslady being handed fresh updates mid sentence. "Splangblit is the hot new investment opportunity of *rustle* Splangblit reeling from allegations of *rustle* Thousands dead from Splangblit catastrophe following *rustle* New Lazarusblit investment opportunity arises from the Splangblit *rustle* Blits are out, it's all about Ubiks, the hot new Blit derivatives market. Now Steve with sports."

Splicer fucked around with this message at 10:58 on Jul 27, 2020

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Splicer posted:

Too slow. I want the newslady being handed fresh updates mid sentence. "Splangblit is the hot new investment opportunity of *rustle* Splangblit reeling from allegations of *rustle* Thousands dead from Splangblit catastrophe following *rustle* New Lazarusblit investment opportunity arises from the Splangblit *rustle* Blits are out, it's all about Ubiks, the hot new Blit derivatives market. Now Steve with sports."

"Thanks Sarah! The sports betting market collapsed earlier today as the exchange hosting Splangblit, Lapsure, DeezCoin, and CovidCoin was hacked, being replaced with a picture of Football Legend John Madden making GBS threads into a Hiesman Trophy. None of the teams are playing sports Eye-Are-Ell, so instead we have the highlights from the Madden 2027 Invitational!"

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Vesi posted:

This looks like something generated by a neural network trained on PowerPoint presentations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
flip
flop

flap

Welcome to the Bitcoin thread, your premier home for yanking and frobing.

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

I remember reading an excellent blog post about tether and bitfinex and thought I found it here. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Flowers for QAnon posted:

I remember reading an excellent blog post about tether and bitfinex and thought I found it here. Anyone know what I’m talking about?

Has to be one of our geriatric dracula posts, because let be honest, those are awesome.

Was it this one? https://davidgerard.co.uk/blockchain/2019/05/13/bitcoin-is-going-through-the-roof-its-manipulation-with-tethers-not-organic-demand/

If not, it was probably one of the others he's done.

Xenomorph
Jun 13, 2001

Splicer posted:

If you sold them all now you'd have ten million dollars! You should go do that and report back!

Trying to cash out with them would result in insane capital gains tax.

I figured a purchase of SA assets in a direct crypto transfer would just be easier.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Xenomorph posted:

Trying to cash out with them would result in insane capital gains tax.

I figured a purchase of SA assets in a direct crypto transfer would just be easier.

if Lowtax got succesfully scammed out of SA using bitcoin that would be their first positive use in history

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

The crypto citadel and its walls tower over you

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ghosTTy posted:

I know you think this means something, but I feel compelled to alert you to the fact that it doesn't.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

ghosTTy posted:

that's probably a bearish divergence on any sort of oscillator, get ready to sell that poo poo baby

goin straight to 0

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I know you think this means something, but I feel compelled to alert you to the fact that it doesn't.
There is a lot of meaning in that graph. For example it shows the only times bitcoin has risen significantly were from market manipulation. It shows outside of those times bitcoin trends downward. It shows that someone who posts a graph like that thinks either they know the game better than the house or that market conditions from 2018 have a pattern that will reveal who really killed JFK.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

CampingCarl posted:

There is a lot of meaning in that graph. For example it shows the only times bitcoin has risen significantly were from market manipulation. It shows outside of those times bitcoin trends downward. It shows that someone who posts a graph like that thinks either they know the game better than the house or that market conditions from 2018 have a pattern that will reveal who really killed JFK.

Fair enough, but I was also referring to "The crypto citadel and its walls tower over you" which sounds more like a passphrase than anything meaningful. It feels like it should have a counterphrase like "Turtles sell donuts to the early bird" and then you get let into the secret meeting of the He-Man Woman Haters Club or whatever.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Fair enough, but I was also referring to "The crypto citadel and its walls tower over you" which sounds more like a passphrase than anything meaningful. It feels like it should have a counterphrase like "Turtles sell donuts to the early bird" and then you get let into the secret meeting of the He-Man Woman Haters Club or whatever.

No, you get let into the secret meeting of bitcoin aficionados, and you all stand in a circle and hodl the bag(penis) of the person next to you. Last one holding the bag(penis) has to buy refreshments for the next meeting.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

buttcoin

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

butt...con

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

ghosTTy posted:

This was driven by the fact that Garmin got ransomware'd and they had to buy $10m worth of butts.

Thus once again proving that the price of bitcoin is driven by fraud and crime.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Yeah I got that. If it is supposed to be meaningful it is even better. Either it is a citadel that we can't get in which would mean we already hit moon, or it is a wall that will fall down. Both sound good for Bitcoin!

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

SolTerrasa posted:

Jesus that’s so much dumber than I thought, I am in awe. I assume this is an ongoing bit, because it is incomprehensible to me that someone who thought this way could tie their shoes and pour a bowl of cereal in the morning.

The pattern ends with a spike higher than the highest point during the pennant, which didn’t happen. Even without that, the chart doesn’t match the pattern - in mid 2020 there’s a trough that’s deeper than the one that precedes it, which the pennant doesn’t allow for.

Also the patterns are fake and meaningless, but if you’re going to believe in divination you owe it to your fans at least read the entrails sensibly

stock prices in general are stochastic which basically means that you can perform analyses on past variation but you can't predict the future with any degree of certainty

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Flowers for QAnon posted:

the very best one is Patrick McKenzie's:

https://www.kalzumeus.com/2019/10/28/tether-and-bitfinex/

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Author is being disingenuous when he uses Tether and Stablecoins interchangeably. The majority of stablecoins are not like Tether; decentralized, transparent and backed by on-chain collateral. What's with nocoiner journalists and their dishonesty? :colbert:

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

So both have imaginary collateral. Cool :thumbsup:

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

ghosTTy posted:

Author is being disingenuous when he uses Tether and Stablecoins interchangeably. The majority of stablecoins are not like Tether; decentralized, transparent and backed by on-chain collateral. What's with nocoiner journalists and their dishonesty? :colbert:

How does that affect the argument about tether at all? How does your “fact” have any relevance whatsoever?

Flowers for QAnon
May 20, 2019

That’s the one!

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!
Tired: getting raided by the Police for having a cannabis grow-op in your roofspace
Wired: getting raided by the Police for having buttcoin miners in your roofspace

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

spankmeister posted:

This was driven by the fact that Garmin got ransomware'd and they had to buy $10m worth of butts.

Thus once again proving that the price of bitcoin is driven by fraud and crime.

A company's failings translating to holders of btc profiting is pretty sick tho tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Kerbtree posted:

Tired: getting raided by the Police for having a cannabis grow-op in your roofspace
Wired: getting raided by the Police for having buttcoin miners in your roofspace

Don't roof spaces get super hot during the day? Heat is fine for cannabis but would gently caress up a mining rig.