Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Dzhay posted:

I don't think anywhere can compete with Vietnam, at 39% "Nguyen".
I guess Gaius/Gaia is cheating cause it was first name proliferation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
So is it just dubs that're delayed on new Fire Force episodes at the moment, or has something held up production?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

subbed eps have been coming out as usual

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdSBdVCzz4o

Fena: Pirate Princess, a Crunchyroll and Adult Swim co-production, got announced with a trailer tonight.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
The simuldub for Kaguya-Sama's started with the first episode of the second season and... It's actually pretty good with the characters down pat perfectly. The only real change in the localization is the tone of the narrator, and Ian Sinclair is breaking out the :smuggo: Space Dandy for this to create something magical.

Most importantly; Dub Fujiwara is spot-on.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Julias posted:

Fena: Pirate Princess, a Crunchyroll and Adult Swim co-production, got announced with a trailer tonight.
I like her pirate outfit.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The simuldub for Kaguya-Sama's started with the first episode of the second season and... It's actually pretty good with the characters down pat perfectly. The only real change in the localization is the tone of the narrator, and Ian Sinclair is breaking out the :smuggo: Space Dandy for this to create something magical.

This dub sucks. Kaguya sounds good, but the other characters sound way different than the Japanese version, and the narrator keeps pronouncing names differently than everyone else.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Neddy Seagoon posted:

i thought a simuldub was when the dub came out at the same time as the subbed version. What's simul about it?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Droyer posted:

i thought a simuldub was when the dub came out at the same time as the subbed version. What's simul about it?

Simuldubs usually come out about a week later than the Japanese episode under normal circumstances due to obvious logistics.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The simuldub for Kaguya-Sama's started with the first episode of the second season and...

if it just started it's not a simuldub, the entire season has already aired

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Patware posted:

if it just started it's not a simuldub, the entire season has already aired

w

who gives a poo poo

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I think I'm tapping out of HxEros after episode 4. It's not really striking a balance where horny power rangers could be fun.
Though the scene in Ep3 where the Super Twink scientist uncle recruits a girl in the rain wearing a getup that shows his abs prominently was pretty hilarious.

Eh, might be one of those series' that's fun drunkwatching with people.

Got to see Uzaki Ep2 and I kind of wish those baps weren't so huge. Love the character reactions. Definitely a fun watch.

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

FilthyImp posted:

Got to see Uzaki Ep2 and I kind of wish those baps weren't so huge.

Blasphemy.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

FilthyImp posted:

Got to see Uzaki Ep2 and I kind of wish those baps weren't so huge. Love the character reactions. Definitely a fun watch.

あれ?

あれれ?

あれれれれ??

あれれれれれ?!

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

a kitten posted:

w

who gives a poo poo

I think it's good, when people know the meanings of the words they use.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

FilthyImp posted:

I think I'm tapping out of HxEros after episode 4. It's not really striking a balance where horny power rangers could be fun.
Though the scene in Ep3 where the Super Twink scientist uncle recruits a girl in the rain wearing a getup that shows his abs prominently was pretty hilarious.

Eh, might be one of those series' that's fun drunkwatching with people.

The huge baps are a vital part of her character.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Nitrousoxide posted:

The huge baps are a vital part of her character.
They definitely counteract her shortness and immaturity. I guess I just enjoy her being a chaos goblin more than an eroge joke.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

from what i hear uzaki is like the most boring out of the teasing manga with the only special point being her huge mommy milkers so

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I could definitely see myself quickly getting bored if it wasn't for the funny voice acting and animation. Those two things alone are doing most of the heavy lifting for my enjoyment of the show so far.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Coxswain Balls posted:

I could definitely see myself quickly getting bored if it wasn't for the funny voice acting and animation.
Bug points for the VA, yeah.

It's also nice to have a teasing anime that's set with young adults so not everything has to be about the Summer Sports Festival or whatevs.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Futaba Anzu posted:

from what i hear uzaki is like the most boring out of the teasing manga with the only special point being her huge mommy milkers so

On paper, yes, but the anime has been really enjoyable so far.

Also probably helps that one of the main gimmicks is that they're college students who very much act like college students and not kids/high schoolers.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

It really needs to just cut out the reactions that are people restating what just happened without any special expressions and you'd go from a pretty good comedy to a great comedy. Either that or give more expressions to our tired dad of a male lead.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Terrible Opinions posted:

It really needs to just cut out the reactions that are people restating what just happened without any special expressions and you'd go from a pretty good comedy to a great comedy. Either that or give more expressions to our tired dad of a male lead.

Half the fun of the show is people watching the two leads while going "This is amazingly entertaining. :munch:" to eachother.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

later there are more people actively meddling

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Half the fun of the show is people watching the two leads while going "This is amazingly entertaining. :munch:" to eachother.
The boss and his daughter stuff has been hit or miss with me. Sometimes ti adds to the joke, sometimes it just feels like a play for time. Hope it hits its groove.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
just waiting for the transfer student to show up

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

They definitely counteract her shortness and immaturity. I guess I just enjoy her being a chaos goblin more than an eroge joke.

Yeah, without that they could have cut out "now her boobs are jiggling", "now her boobs are jiggling for a different reason" and "now he accidentally grabbed her boobs" and replaced them with jokes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think if a show has writing problems shrinking the size of titties is not going to fix those writing problems

not like they're the source of it in and of themselves

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Boob jokes can, in fact, be funny.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Boob jokes can, in fact, be funny.

See also: wiener jokes, butt jokes

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Boob jokes can be funny, but boob jokes with TV Tropes pages haven't been funny for decades, if ever.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Qwertycoatl posted:

Boob jokes can be funny, but boob jokes with TV Tropes pages haven't been funny for decades, if ever.

everything on earth has a tv tropes page

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

everyone here talking about making the boobs smaller no one talking about how maybe making them bigger would actually make the show funny?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
This week's GoHS was... uh... something? I think?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
My least favorite part of GoHS is that Mira gets done dirty like 80% of the time but that's balanced by the other 20% being some of the best parts of the whole thing.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jul 27, 2020

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ringo Roadagain posted:

everyone here talking about making the boobs smaller no one talking about how maybe making them bigger would actually make the show funny?
They tried Exponential Character Titgrowth in My First Girlfriend is a Gal and that was. . . not good.

The gag with the vibrating platform was funny because she's so drat clueless about 'em, and I think the one where she was stuck but the branches were riding her shirt up was ok.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Honestly the attitude of "Ugh, imagine laughing at jokes about body parts you absolute buffoon idiot degenerates" seems vaguely like a revival of reactionary prudishness disguised as something else but I'm also probably a buffoon idiot degenerate so what do I know.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Uzaki had unfunny jokes about body parts. Fantasy Brothel Reviewers had funny jokes about body parts.

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Late to the party since it was technically last season, but millionaire detective had a super fun start. Stunning music and animation so far and I'm intrigued eniguh with the plot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Oh that was on my list of things I totally forgot about after the delay. Is it back now?