Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
That's just someone playing the Flickr algorithm though. They have 2k followers, they are following about 1300 people themselves and they have faved thousands of other photos. It's just hitting the numbers game for engagement. Explore doesn't know if your photo is any good, it just knows it's getting attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

They specifically targeted "bad" subjects though, such as second life screenshots and lego builds. The trainspotting bullshit is completely gone too.

My favorite theory is they unleashed some kind of AI image recognition on the system that filters out "bad" stuff but it's just as likely they blacklist images that get posted to certain groups. No automated system will ever be perfect but it definitely got a lot better.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

xzzy posted:

second life screenshots

This will always be my favorite.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Remember how I said explore got better? I lied.

Sunset by Angelo Petrozza, on Flickr

lol

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'

I love it all.

https://www.darussell.com/index.html

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Client: I wanna look like a disembodied head

D.A Russell: OK

Also keeping that web design in the family.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I'm the picture where he was trying to do a custom vignette(? ) and ended up darkening some of the subjects shoulder.

The mustang pics look like he photoshopped the mustang and person into a background the lighting and focus just seem way off. maybe it's just the one with the cartooney look on it.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Meet me at the virtual billboard in 15 minutes if you want an rear end kicking.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

holy fukkn poo poo i would be thrilled to have a self portrait even a tenth as rad as this

E: Oh i thought she was the photographer and that was her main picture. This is far less exciting now.

DJExile fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 9, 2020

Surprise T Rex
Apr 9, 2008

Dinosaur Gum
I love a site that still specifies "/index.html" in TYOOL 2020

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.

Surprise T Rex posted:

I love a site that still specifies "/index.html" in TYOOL 2020

code:
<lastmod>2009-03-29</lastmod>
That might explain it.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
No.1 photo on Flickr's Explore tab right now:

Smolenice, Slovakia by Jaroslav Kuhtreiber, on Flickr

My eyes. The goggles do nothing.

What is the subject of this photo? The building? Then why is is mostly obscured by the trees? Is the horizon straight? No idea.

29,000 views + 662 faves. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I too went through a phase where I wasn't satisfied unless the sky was a perfectly uniform shade of blue, but I like to think I wasn't that hamfisted about it. And I grew out of it.

Also I didn't make the clouds blue at the same time.

Clayton Bigsby
Apr 17, 2005

I didn't know Ken Rockwell did overseas workshops.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
The colors really pop.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
https://www.myjoyonline.com/news/oddly-enough/photographer-living-in-camera-shaped-house-names-sons-canon-nikon-and-epson/

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

You have unironically found the best photographer

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Daddy, why don’t we talk about Uncle Vivitar anymore?

GreaseGunner
Dec 26, 2012

Just chillin'
Uncle Vivitar was riding high until one day he just... gave up.

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Should have bought a TLR brownstone imo

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman
Do you think Epson is going to develop a complex?

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

get me out of this wack rear end crystal prison

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

bobmarleysghost posted:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

bobmarleysghost posted:

I miss timecube too, bro.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

pwn posted:

Should have bought a TLR brownstone imo

A Korean family beat him to it.

They actually operate it as a cafe, but still.

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
chin chin by Christa Wiederhold, on Flickr

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

quote:

We're fed up with the mask.

:suicide:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

The fake blur of phone cameras is getting hilarious, it just deletes stuff in the scene. But people still post pictures using it so shame on them.

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Thom12255 posted:

The fake blur of phone cameras is getting hilarious, it just deletes stuff in the scene. But people still post pictures using it so shame on them.

I think what you meant was, "Phone cameras can now do anything an expensive changeable lens camera can do, and we're all photographers now!"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I really love how they captured the sense of speed.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

EL BROMANCE posted:

I really love how they captured the sense of speed.

Its a metaphor for how sometimes you need to relax and have a drink with friends while life zooms past you. ZOOM!

e: also some of your friends might get caught in the Life Zoom a little bit

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

The camera has its wine goggles on.

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
37 faves.
What the gently caress? I know it got spammed to a bunch of different groups, but are people really just hitting the fave button on everything they see?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Helen Highwater posted:

37 faves.
What the gently caress? I know it got spammed to a bunch of different groups, but are people really just hitting the fave button on everything they see?

No, I am proof of that. :mad:

Maybe I need more bokeys. Gotta get a 0.95 lens.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
https://twitter.com/Owakita_/status/1288509637701099521?s=20

The Lone Lemon
Mar 22, 2006
...rides again

Yeah, sure, golden hour in Kyoto...in a circa 1989 PC game.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

P sure that poo poo is pink

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’ve always wondered, especially with the selective colour in red guys, how many people on Flickr are colour blind and are merrily posting away to lots of praise from other colour blind people, and no one has stepped in with some sort of test chart?

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

The positive comments...at least on Flickr you can chalk them up to old people having no taste, but these all look like they're from young people

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

Cognac McCarthy posted:

The positive comments...at least on Flickr you can chalk them up to old people having no taste, but these all look like they're from young people

:negative:

quote:

@KINGBEBOP
Hi, just wanna ask if the enhancements are just minor and it's really the real color?

Take a wild loving guess buddy.

quote:

@ZachAMcCoy
I love how the sky looks almost digitized because of the color grading.

So close!

quote:

@jasper_breider
In love with these authentic streets. What time during the year did you take these?

Authentic. Authentic.

Gonna go have a lie down.