Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Frasier's Edge

Now that's just making me picture an interesting parkour game on the skyline of Seattle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Now that's just making me picture an interesting parkour game on the skyline of Seattle

I've got to get to the Space Needle!! It's my day!!!

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Daikloktos posted:

There was an episode where some punk teen started talking poo poo about Frasier's Freud bust and it got him to spend his show ranting about his continued relevance. I've only seen each episode maybe thrice or so so I can't pull too many other specific memories but as a smart show written signposted for the regular smart, I think that's emblematic

Would you give it a rest, doublewide? You know, I went to college too. And by the way, it's pronounced "La-ROOSH-foo-KOH"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The nightmare inn episode and especially rozs voice on the Novocain always makes me laugh

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Surely top 3 if not 5.

I watched the condo board episode about the door knocker yesterday, that was quite the episode as well. I always think about the casting calls that must go out for the likes of a Mrs. Langer

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

"Sometimes a flying cigar is just a flying cigar"
Ceci n'est pas une pipe.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I watched the amazing 2015 movie Love and Mercy and a lot of it reminded me of the theme song episode

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

oldpainless posted:

The nightmare inn episode and especially rozs voice on the Novocain always makes me laugh

That's easy for you to say!

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

BUT AT WHAT COST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m36KuvCSmc8

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Holy poo poo even if you pay for premium Peacock you have to watch at least four full 30 second ads per episode of Frasier

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Holy poo poo even if you pay for premium Peacock you have to watch at least four full 30 second ads per episode of Frasier

Lol

Glad I didn’t spring for that. Ridiculous.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

Lol

Glad I didn’t spring for that. Ridiculous.

They're cut in at the worst parts, too. Not the natural commercial breaks. Truly, we did not know what we had with unlimited Frasier on Netflix. It was a good bunch of years

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Fuckin world sucks and will continue to suck as long as Frasier and King of the Hill are not available on Netflix

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Cosmik Slop posted:

Fuckin world sucks and will continue to suck as long as Frasier and King of the Hill are not available on Netflix
they're both on Hulu with the $3 plan, and adfree if you run an ad blocker

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Somehow I thought that Frasier had been taken off Hulu, my mistake. Let the good times roll!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Somehow I thought that Frasier had been taken off Hulu, my mistake. Let the good times roll!

Give it time. I’m sure now that peacock is out it won’t last long on Hulu.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

How long will Peacock last before NBC realizes it was a bad idea and they don't have a sufficient library to support it or have it be more profitable than just licensing that library to established streaming services

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Does anyone in the current year even still associate the name peacock with NBC

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

We've been buying seasons on appletv as we come to them. We started at season 5 and now we've wrapped around and are halfway through season 2.

Daikloktos
Jan 1, 2020

by Cyrano4747

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

How long will Peacock last before NBC realizes it was a bad idea and they don't have a sufficient library to support it or have it be more profitable than just licensing that library to established streaming services
They just need a Saved By The Bell reboot to tie some original programming together

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Probably never. CBS all access is still a thing after all. Every media producer wants to be the next Netflix but few realize they don't have the content to justify a standalone subscription.

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

drat some of the best parts of this show involve Bebe

the one where she tries to stop smoking is great

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

oh, puddin'

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

I'm watching the episode where she's pretending to be suicidal to juice frasier's negotiating position for his contract

Clockwork Sputnik
Nov 6, 2004

24 Hour Party Monster

GamingHyena posted:

Probably never. CBS all access is still a thing after all. Every media producer wants to be the next Netflix but few realize they don't have the content to justify a standalone subscription.

And just like what we're back to cable-style bundling and pricing. Amazon being the worst.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

So apparently Kelsey Grammer's daughter Spencer (of Rick & Morty) was attacked at a restaurant by a man with a knife:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/spencer-grammer-stabbing-rick-and-morty-kelsey-grammer-a9639236.html

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

You imagine your dad having been Literally Frasier and the article identifying you by having worked on rick and or morty

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
"The actor daughter of Frasier star Kelsey Grammer, who voices Summer on the cult animated series Rick & Morty"

It's the second sentence of the article. They ID her by her more famous father first then they ID her by her most known credit. Or am I wildly misunderstanding your post?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I only looked at it briefly in which I believe the bolded line at the top only mentioned her show. I dare not read any further and risk being drawn into the calamity that is the Grammer curse

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

That's a safe move. I will say a short prayer to David Hyde Pierce before bed tonight to protect my loved ones.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Spicy take but.

Rick and Morty, in its newest incarnations, still has that ridiculous edge but they outright call out Rick as toxic and show how it leaves him disadvantaged and alone. There are a lot of women on the writing team, and it's made some very good political standpoints re: gender, politics, etc. (that the fanbase has completely ignored, :rip:)

The fanbase is toxic as hell, unfortunately. Too many people saw Rick as someone to be emulated, and I think that made Harmon back off and re-analyse how they wrote Rick and how they treated him as a character.

It's... not terrible.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Oh really Niles

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

alexandriao posted:

Spicy take but.

Rick and Morty, in its newest incarnations, still has that ridiculous edge but they outright call out Rick as toxic and show how it leaves him disadvantaged and alone. There are a lot of women on the writing team, and it's made some very good political standpoints re: gender, politics, etc. (that the fanbase has completely ignored, :rip:)

The fanbase is toxic as hell, unfortunately. Too many people saw Rick as someone to be emulated, and I think that made Harmon back off and re-analyse how they wrote Rick and how they treated him as a character.

It's... not terrible.

i very much agree with this but i still haven't seen most stuff past season 3 and the elon musk worship in the heist episode was super cringey

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

saw a couple episodes of rick and morty a whiles back, didn't care for them

not enough scrambled eggs or sherry imho

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

alexandriao posted:

It's... not terrible.

It's embarrassing that this has to be said at all, but goons will always get giddy about jumping on hate bandwagons.

That being said, Spencer Grammer is great on R&M and I hope nothing else Grammeresque happens to her.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

PizzaProwler posted:

It's embarrassing that this has to be said at all, but goons will always get giddy about jumping on hate bandwagons.

I'd say more embarrassing is the person that can't help themselves from lumping everyone together with a classic "GOONS, rite?" :smuggo:

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Heh, fair enough.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Today I found out that the sitcom Modern Family has a lot of frasier pedigree, which explains why at least one episode a season's a pretty good farce and the episodes with some of the more melodramatic scenes do land pretty well

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Calaveron posted:

Today I found out that the sitcom Modern Family has a lot of frasier pedigree, which explains why at least one episode a season's a pretty good farce and the episodes with some of the more melodramatic scenes do land pretty well

It is indeed very good, on the yardstick being other sitcoms in non-subscription services. Some of the child actors grew up to be less-than great at acting, so that might irritate you on the later seasons, though.

And it gives the alternative universe Al Bundy a happy life, where he ditched the redheaded bimbo after high school, went to college and found a business in the closet industries.

EDIT: In the otherwise pretty forgettable sitcom 8 Simple Rules (besides John Ritter dying after the season 1 and giving Kaley Cuoco her first big exposure role) had a stroke of genius in the last season when in the episode "Old Flame" Ed O'Neill was cast as the high school boyfriend who never got around to do anything meaningful after breaking up with the main character played by Katey Sagal.

Der Kyhe fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jul 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Der Kyhe posted:

Some of the child actors grew up to be less-than great at acting, so that might irritate you on the later seasons, though.
They add more child actors at the end as Manny leaves :(

Also they lean really, really, REALLY hard into "the nerdy geek girl with huge boobs discovers she has a sex drive"