Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Bad Unflattering costume design. Those pants had a very high and wide waist, which visually shrank his torso while leaving it the same width. With his pants at a normal height, he looks fine. http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/2711873/lena-dunham-adam-driver-girls-set-02/

Makes sense. All I could see during that scene was those ancient Russian (?) dating site photos with the weird distortions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Vib Rib posted:

Also if you solved hunger and poverty, giving up all your belongings isn't really a big deal, right? Even if you lose everything you won't go hungry and you won't live in poverty. It's a self-solving problem!

And that's how you spot people who find contentment not in how much they have, but how much more do they have. First class needs coach to exist.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

If poverty is solved why do I even need to worry about savings?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/frigginJoseph/status/1287403788115030018

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

So many idiots in the replies, from the "abolish minimum wage" libertarian crowd to the "(((globalization))) is evil" crowd. Only one person pointing out the most logical reason, which is that fruit is often picked unripe and sent it to factories overseas to allow it to ripen in transit.

Stack Machine
Mar 6, 2016

I can see through time!
Fun Shoe

Yes from now on I will only subscribe to the public health opinions of people who can't tell the difference between bacteria and viruses.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/FloridaBoy1701/status/1287191110167797762

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Not even a Florida Man, he’s a FloridaBoy :laffo:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/accidental_left/status/1287745307288231936

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Hot drat!

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

:lmao:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Icon Of Sin posted:

Not even a Florida Man, he’s a FloridaBoy :laffo:

COVID Boy, COVID Boy
COVID Boy hates Florida Boy.
They have a fight, COVID wins
COVID Boy

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

Phthisis posted:

This is so depressing to me. Even without taking into account how disingenuous this is given how wealthy Bezos is, holy poo poo that's not even a question, of course I would! I'd give up everything I own if it ended world hunger and poverty. And think of the PR gain you'd get from doing so. I will never understand the people out there who value their own property over the slightest benefit for another human being.

This made me remember a thing I saw over the weekend:

Fucker is now apparently worth $178 BILLION. What does $178 Billion buy you that $100 Billion can't? Or even anything beyond a single billion?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

goblin week posted:

Dude got fat titties

That is one way for a a normal muscular man with strong pectorals to look. Google "Burt Reynolds shirtless" or "Burt Lancaster shirtless".

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Arsenic Lupin posted:

That is one way for a a normal muscular man with strong pectorals to look. Google "Burt Reynolds shirtless" or "Burt Lancaster shirtless".

Way ahead of you buddy.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Fucker is now apparently worth $178 BILLION. What does $178 Billion buy you that $100 Billion can't? Or even anything beyond a single billion?

Ooh, I know this one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1i3dB2qWbA

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Even if it’s just a loving points contest with the other billionaires, why not make himself famous for fixing the world’s poo poo and putting them all to shame for not doing the same? Why play that same schoolyard game they’re all doing like there’s ironclad rules to what you’re allowed to do with the contents of your money bin

NO SPEND

ONLY SWIM

duffmensch
Feb 20, 2004

Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem!

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Remember all the fear mongering about Bill Gates when he tried to make people's lives better through vaccines and such? They'd just turn around and do that to Jeff instead (but he should totally still try to do something useful with his money).

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Isn't most of the hyperwealthy's money tied up in stocks and corporate stuff? How much actual cash could Bezos liquidate and spend if he decided he wanted to be Mirror Universe Lex Luthor?

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.
Plagiarize is not revise.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Lemniscate Blue posted:

Isn't most of the hyperwealthy's money tied up in stocks and corporate stuff? How much actual cash could Bezos liquidate and spend if he decided he wanted to be Mirror Universe Lex Luthor?

I'm curious about this too, especially cuz it seems like vastly inflated net worth is part of the modern capitalist dickwaving games. Especially in tech where we've seen companies get valued at vast amounts and then die off or get bought out for ludicrous amounts by bigger companies without ever even turning a profit.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Lemniscate Blue posted:

even if bezos only has like 1% of that money that he could actually spend its still more money than all of Something Awful users could make in an entire lifetime combined.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

BaronVonVaderham posted:

Jeff Bezos could buy the Something Awful forums at a rate of five hundred dollars per post and he would still have fifty billion dollars.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
How much could lowtax have rode into the sunset with if he sold this shithole in like '04 or '05

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

How much could lowtax have rode into the sunset with if he sold this shithole in like '04 or '05

Even if it were a larger amount, he would have blown it all long before 2020.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Adam Driver is excellent in The Dead Don’t Die, a very underrated movie imo. Bill Murray is transcendent in that movie.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Data Graham posted:

Even if it’s just a loving points contest with the other billionaires, why not make himself famous for fixing the world’s poo poo and putting them all to shame for not doing the same? Why play that same schoolyard game they’re all doing like there’s ironclad rules to what you’re allowed to do with the contents of your money bin

because once you hit a certain amount of wealth the Illuminati come and tell you you're not allowed to do any of that

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Hihohe posted:

even if bezos only has like 1% of that money that he could actually spend its still more money than all of Something Awful users could make in an entire lifetime combined.

Oh no I totally agree and billionaires should not exist, but I can't help but feel that our financial and corporate systems are set up in such a way that number is really just number and even if Bezos et al had a Three Christmas Spirits moment and actually wanted to spend all that money doing good it would be impossible.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Lemniscate Blue posted:

It varies a lot, but Bezos is probably one of the more liquid billionaires. He definitely has access to enough cash to do some real good. Maybe he'll be like Bill Gates and get into philanthropy later in life, but I'm not holding my breath.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

AlbieQuirky posted:

Adam Driver is excellent in The Dead Don’t Die, a very underrated movie imo. Bill Murray is transcendent in that movie.

RZA is a delivery driver and the name of the service is WuPS.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

they forgot the part where he debates it with david duke who keeps making weird racial analogies about the tiger and gorilla.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012

Stack Machine posted:

Yes from now on I will only subscribe to the public health opinions of people who can't tell the difference between bacteria and viruses.

I work in a bakery/food service and we have one? We have new single-use uniforms that we dispose of in a special bin after we work, and another one for masks and gloves.

I assume hospitals have them too???

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
He could do simple poo poo like make sure every Whole Foods and Amazon warehouse employee had access to gold standard healthcare.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Where are people that they're throwing out the masks and gloves?

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I assume he's thinking (I use the word loosely) about private citizens' masks and gloves.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

boar guy posted:

because once you hit a certain amount of wealth the Illuminati come and tell you you're not allowed to do any of that
Actually true but instead of like a bonafide secret organization it's a bunch of old money and criminally wealthy types with ties to hitmen and their hands in military-industrial pockets who passive-aggressively assure you that they'll win at Shadow War.

Only they say it in terms more befitting a Mean Girls group in a high school.

Humans are loving dumb.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

mind the walrus posted:

Actually true but instead of like a bonafide secret organization it's a bunch of old money and criminally wealthy types with ties to hitmen and their hands in military-industrial pockets who passive-aggressively assure you that they'll win at Shadow War.

Only they say it in terms more befitting a Mean Girls group in a high school.

Humans are loving dumb.

He’s worth $180,000,000,000. He could build a base on the moon and drop canisters of cash into the Atlantic ocean if he wanted to help. No one could touch him. He’s a psychopath, so he doesn’t care.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

being worth $180 billion dollars and actually having it on hand is two different things since part of bezos worth is in stuff that isn't in hard cold cash but an estimate of the worth of the things he owns, like amazon.

on the other hand he probably still does have enough money to actually help out a whole bunch of people or he has enough that he can change how his business is run to provide better benefits and healthcare for his employees and be fine. considering how bitter he is about having to pay his ex-wife alimony though, i doubt he'll even bother.

https://twitter.com/WilliamD1123/status/1287305443207938048?s=20

the op is not the idiot but the people replying sure are.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Jeph Loeb loving sucks poo poo and basically destroyed the entire Ultimate Marvel comics line by himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Push El Burrito posted:

Jeph Loeb loving sucks poo poo and basically destroyed the entire Ultimate Marvel comics line by himself.

Oh? Do you have more info about this?

I'm not doubting you, I'd just love to read more about this stuff :)