Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i thought gojm was railing against the dying of the light of habitat destruction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

For some reason construction is booming here at the ATM moment.

e: Apparently it's because a lot of new construction was started before everything went pear-shaped, according to the ministry of something.

3D Megadoodoo fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 25, 2020

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

V. Illych L. posted:

i thought gojm was railing against the dying of the light of habitat destruction

it's this one, but there are a fair number of similarities with construction. in a sense we're building new habitat

but yeah a lot of the work we do is to offset the impacts of government infrastructure work. which goes away if the state and local governments have no money and let all of the infrastructure collapse

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
Lets watch the Jess Scarane 24 Hr Stream-a-thon! It starts at 10 am EDT on July 25th!

:siren:CLICK HERE NOW TO WATCH!:siren:

Nichael and many others have been busting rear end to get an amazing line up going!

C-SPAM’s Own Alobar, 2DCAT, and Pillow Face will be doing hella good live performances! We’ve got some amazing podcasters! Watch Nichael act like a lunatic! Watch Jess give amazing interviews! We’ve got twoday! Bulgakov! The Well There's Your Problem Podcast! And SO MANY MORE!

Here’s the line-up! All times in Delaware time zone (EDT)

• 10 to 11 AM - Jess Q&A with Chapo Trap House!
  • 12 to 2 PM - donoteat
  • 2 to 3 PM - Zach Reino + Friends
  • 3 to 4 PM - John Dietz + Marcus Conley
  • 4 to 5 PM - No Sir E
  • 5 to 6 PM - Jazz 300
  • 6 to 7 PM - Camp Eden
  • 7 to 8 PM - Working Families Party of Delaware Town Hall
  • 8 to 9 PM - 2DCAT
  • 10 to 11 PM Khaki Cuffs
  • 11 PM to 12 AM - Off-Color
  • 12 AM to 1 AM - Tonight We Riot
  • 1 to 2 AM - Lab Tea
  • 2 to 4 AM - Sebastian + Ethan
  • 4 to 6 AM - C-SPAM Presents: Let's Learn About Delaware! with twoday and Zisky
  • 6 to 7 AM - Alobar
  • 7 to 8 AM - Dead Sun Project
  • 8 to 9 AM - Pillow Face
  • 9 to 10 AM - ??????
  • 10 to 11 AM - Jess Wrap Up and Q&A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05HkqGScCrM

https://twitter.com/JamieInDE/status/1286687476514521094?s=19

Watch all 24 hours! Or watch 1 hour! Or watch 5 minutes! JUST COME HANG OUT WITH US AT twitch.tv/jessica_scarane !!!11!!!!

Donate throughout at: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/twitch24

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
someone just copped a probe in auspol for misogyny because they said "karening", lmao

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

It happened in the perfect place

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

Can't wait until it becomes a perma.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

StratGoatCom posted:

Can't wait until it becomes a perma.

Nah nah he's going to spend all the Jeffrey money on re-regs just you wait, keep the forums self-sufficient until he dies.

e: Is hellbanning still a thing?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
why would you want to post in the forums where people hate you so much you had to give up your ownership?

like louis xvi wandering into a paris salon after abdicating and trying to strike up a casual conversation

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

i'm just impressed jeffery was able to ban him without magically breaking the forums somehow

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
ants

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

aunts

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

an integral part of every ecosystem

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

while on a sabbatical from the forums, i got a schizophrenic internet boyfriend

he can see through time, talk to animals, control radio waves, die at will and then return to life, and he is both the head of the american music industry and of the us marine corps

he carries the ancient bloodline of my people, so given the opportunity i will absolutely have his baby and invite all kinds of chaos into my life

fauna fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Jul 28, 2020

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

conventional wisdom is that it doesn't harm a person with schizophrenia to let them express their delusions, as long as you neither agree nor disagree explicitly with what they say. luckily we have plenty of other stuff to talk about, so when he blurts out that he's the reincarnation of st augustine of hippo i can just redirect him to talking about his grandpa's shtetl

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i defy conventional wisdom. society as a whole is obviously incredibly dumb, as evidenced by the plague land i currently wander, why would i put any stock in its consensus?

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i defy conventional wisdom. society as a whole is obviously incredibly dumb, as evidenced by the plague land i currently wander, why would i put any stock in its consensus?
hello friend

i continue to think of most of you every single day, whenever i hear the dread news from america

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

fauna posted:

hello friend

i continue to think of most of you every single day, whenever i hear the dread news from america

Imagine sharing a land border with them.

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Furnaceface posted:

Imagine sharing a land border with them.
:smith:

what is the deal with alaska? can someone explain this to me? is it like ensconced in canada or what's going on

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Surrounded by ocean, Russia and Canada. Yet somehow the people living there are extremely very American. Like, flag waving gun toting Texas American.

I honestly dont get it.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

fauna posted:

hello friend

for better or for worse the semi-rural community i live in has had decent numbers despite our proximity to los angeles. the people in my household can't comprehend the concept of not going to social gatherings though, so i've resigned myself to the pestilence eventually being carried directly into my home

fauna posted:

:smith:

what is the deal with alaska? can someone explain this to me? is it like ensconced in canada or what's going on

everyone always flew or took a boat to alaska anyways, taking the land route usually ends with you hitting a patch of ice and then crashing into a herd of moose and dying

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Furnaceface posted:

Surrounded by ocean, Russia and Canada. Yet somehow the people living there are extremely very American. Like, flag waving gun toting Texas American.

I honestly dont get it.
yeah i was reading the corona thread and apparently nobody can get into alaska without going through canada, so a situation has unfolded where americans are claiming to be alaskans needing to return home, but as soon as they access canadian territory they take off into the pristine plague-free woods and disappear. it is all very strange.

in australia the media of states other than victoria, where the outbreak is right now and all the borders have been closed, are trying to create stirs about secret victorian refugees sneaking through under cover of darkness. it's pretty funny, even though it just goes to show how even the most apparently cohesive country is one bad day away from civil war

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

i could befriend a moose

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
maybe conditioning all of society to fear and detest refugees had some unintended consequences

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

why would you want to post in the forums where people hate you so much you had to give up your ownership?

i would love to post under these circumstances

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

it has been a very exciting time for the forums

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

my new mission is to learn to not give a gently caress. it doesn't come easy to me.

fauna fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jul 28, 2020

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Woah, hello! How's it going? :glomp:

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

the recent situation on the forums has been a lesson on the inevitability of death in all things

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Goons Are Great posted:

Woah, hello! How's it going? :glomp:
hello! things are good here. i'm catching up on a month's worth of qcs drama, it almost makes up for no new movies coming out since 2019

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

taking a month off was the best choice i ever made, i was going through antidepressant withdrawals and i ran out of weed due to the city of melbourne (where my supply comes from) being locked off from the rest of the world. the weed problem is still current, but the withdrawals have mostly died down and now i am no longer yoyo-ing between "the nazis will hunt me down irl" and "the militant 'leftists' will hunt me down irl"

fauna fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Jul 28, 2020

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

most importantly,

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Really glad to hear it, and even glad-er to see this beautiful dog

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

The wisdom of crowds!

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Goons Are Great posted:

Really glad to hear it, and even glad-er to see this beautiful dog
it may amaze you to know that he is almost fifteen years old and has never done a single thing wrong in all that time

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

he did once cause a quail to die by staring at it intensely, but that wasn't his fault

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

fauna posted:

he did once cause a quail to die by staring at it intensely, but that wasn't his fault

History is written by the victors

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

every time i open the forums and am not banned, it's like a miracle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

investigating the natural world