Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
In that same spirit

EMERGENCY EXIT
In case of fire, break the glass, take
a shard and cut your wrists because the key is gone and it's better than burning alive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

adhuin posted:

This is clearly in reverse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdEqnrlvFcQ

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

petition to rename motorcycles "OSHAmobiles"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Memento posted:

In that same spirit

EMERGENCY EXIT
In case of fire, break the glass, take
a shard and cut your wrists because the key is gone and it's better than burning alive

That’s terrible advice.

Just breathe in the smoke, it’ll kill you long before the fire.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Kibayasu posted:

That’s terrible advice.

Smoke inhalation is still a really nasty way to go. Breathing unfiltered smoke from even a wood fire sucks, much less a structure fire.

I'd much, much rather slit my wrists than go out via smoke inhalation.

Robert Facepalmer
Jan 10, 2019

Sagebrush posted:

i mean it is possible that the ground is only like 10 feet below and only the perspective makes it look like they're a million miles in the air

I would guess they are probably a pretty decent distance up to account for snow pack during the winter. Unless that is some kinda fancy-pants system that adjusts tower height, but I doubt that.

Moo the cow
Apr 30, 2020

Kibayasu posted:

That's Russian, so the people reading it have probably been smoking unfiltered tobacco since birth and could safely inhale mere industrial fire smoke without even coughing.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
OSHA.txt:

An employee approached a stainless steel table that was normally used to stage glass bottles before loading them on a conveyor. The bottles are slid off the table and onto a conveyor.

On the day of the incident, plastic bottles were being used and the sliding had generated a substantial static charge.

As the employee leaned forward, the zipper on his shorts contacted the table. The employee also was 'going commando' and the static shock through his zipper was transmitted directly into his metal penis piercing.

Corrective Action: grounding strap attached to table.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

tactlessbastard posted:

OSHA.txt:

An employee approached a stainless steel table that was normally used to stage glass bottles before loading them on a conveyor. The bottles are slid off the table and onto a conveyor.

On the day of the incident, plastic bottles were being used and the sliding had generated a substantial static charge.

As the employee leaned forward, the zipper on his shorts contacted the table. The employee also was 'going commando' and the static shock through his zipper was transmitted directly into his metal penis piercing.

So they did have prince Albert in a can...shocking.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

tactlessbastard posted:

OSHA.txt:

So everything worked as intended?

Ooooooo...tingles.

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely
You'd have to get shocked in the balls pretty hard to make it a reportable injury.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Platystemon posted:

Normally they have wheels.

I've picked many a strawberry the old fashioned way and that looks uncomfortable as gently caress.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

tactlessbastard posted:

OSHA.txt:

I half expected this to end with a grounding strap attached to piercing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

dr_rat posted:

^That second video looks like it should be in reverse with how cleanly that earth is just coming back togther^

It comes back together because of those two wheels at the back

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/g866llz.gifv

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Uthor posted:

I half expected this to end with a grounding strap attached to piercing.

If the incident repeats, more robust corrective actions will be taken.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

well they're all dead

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

LifeSunDeath posted:

well they're all dead

The REAL MAN clearly survived to pass his genes on to the next generation.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/LJJz0lI.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

YEET, but also, holy poo poo.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Lame special affects. I can totally see the wire.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:lmao: at the sheer number of coincidences that had to line up to launch that man at that woman

e: if that one scooter had been even a quarter second slower it might've gotten launched too

Son of Thunderbeast fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 28, 2020

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Sex Skeleton posted:

You'd have to get shocked in the balls pretty hard to make it a reportable injury.

His claim of getting zapped from 6 inches away was interpreted as extremely high voltage.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/BX02JOG.gifv

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Radical!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

did the guy jumping onto the lift send a shockwave down the entire apparatus

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/b8SS34t.mp4

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

The time between that motorcycle being a normal, fully operating vehicle and a pile of parts with a 4 foot fire coming out of it is shockingly short.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

It is astonishing how quickly it catches fire. Like the instant the gas tank hits the ground, fwoom

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Lurking Haro posted:

His claim of getting zapped from 6 inches away was interpreted as extremely high voltage.

Dude was trying to gently caress the table wasn’t he?

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

New GTA DLC Grand Theft Ski-lift looking good.

JamesieAB
Nov 5, 2005

tactlessbastard posted:

OSHA.txt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-FxmoVM7X4&t=44s

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Apparently the pallets were being hoisted by a crane when they somehow fell

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

PinheadSlim posted:

Apparently the pallets were being hoisted by a crane when they somehow fell

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

My guess was off by 1

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Varkk posted:

buddy, they won't even let me gently caress it

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

tactlessbastard posted:

OSHA.txt:

Varkk posted:

Artist's conception of the incident:

Also, the Nautilus was very OSHA. Electric shock system on your iron submarine? You're going to be drowning in fines, Nemo.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://i.imgur.com/sC07MI1.mp4

Safety glasses? Steelcaps? Never heard of them.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Memento posted:

https://i.imgur.com/sC07MI1.mp4

Safety glasses? Steelcaps? Never heard of them.

I've done this before, except with safety glasses, a hard hat, gloves, and steelies. It's also infinitely harder if you don't have feathers (little iron rods you pound the chisel between to help expand the pocket). Looking at the indents, dude literally chiseled his way into the rock before he started smacking with the double jack, so this whole adventure must have taken him hours of smacking little metal rods.

It's kind of neat because you can actually hear the rock expanding before it finally snaps. It's also dangerous because it turns out that frail human arms ain't gonna do poo poo to stop a giant boulder rolling over on you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

The White Dragon posted:

did the guy jumping onto the lift send a shockwave down the entire apparatus

If you've never been on a ski lift, I can confirm for you that even a moderate push to one seat will make the seats down the line sway or bounce as it travels along.