Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Hey remember how Georgia was doing a bullshit colour-coded map for their per-capita COVID cases per county where every colour except red was a pleasant calming blue shade and they kept changing the values of the 'bins' so there were only ever three red counties on the map?

They actually swapped over to a spectrum of yellow/orange/red/dark red tones at some point and it even looks like they're keeping the updated maps at fixed colour values now:

https://dph.georgia.gov/covid-19-daily-status-report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
They are gonna keep updating those maps until it's in the infrared and only mantids can read them. I see your game, Georgia.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Enjoying the Dark Souls boss health bar aesthetics.

Also, while looking up the state number this contrast struck me.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

now this is a sentence right here. so what im getting from this is that even if we return to normal (lol) in the states, for the next ten years people are just going to be dropping like flies all over the place from heart failure. kinda spooky! I guess its a good time to open a heart transplant business. if you have any hearts that you would like to donate please pm me

With all the covid in the US it's likely the quality of your heart supply is gonna be decidedly dodgy.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Mithaldu posted:

Enjoying the Dark Souls boss health bar aesthetics.

Also, while looking up the state number this contrast struck me.

AZ, FL, GA and TX deserve shaming, but what is the grey line between AZ and NY on that second pic?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I am not loving the logarithmic scale here.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Cacafuego posted:

AZ, FL, GA and TX deserve shaming, but what is the grey line between AZ and NY on that second pic?
That's Washington.

https://ig.ft.com/coronavirus-chart...=1&values=cases

dwarf74 posted:

I am not loving the logarithmic scale here.
It makes it easier to see change in behavior in countries that aren't raging tire fires, like my own Germany. Edit: Ok, yeah, that's a map of US states and they're all trash fires, so that doesn't apply. I'm just used to it i guess. :haw:

--

Also, re Sweden:

Apparently their news are telling them to not compare mortalities per capita, sweden actually didn't do so bad. :jerkbag:

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)

Lazyfire posted:

Hey, good news: despite the company's profit for Q2 dropping 98% from Q2 2019, neither my wife or I are getting laid off! This totally counts as a bright spot, don't take it away from me. I am currently drinking in celebration instead of depression because of this.

Haha, so many people are going to die.

We have friends who were told that they could either start sending their kids back to daycare or lose their spaces going forward as soon as our state opened childcare back up. They ultimately decided they couldn't afford to lose the daycare slots because our state had sufficiently low COVID spread that they decided in-person school would be a thing this fall and both of them work in education. Recently we've been seeing an uptick in cases to the point where we're nearing another outbreak but the governor is not going to go back on schools opening, so toddlers will be in daycare and the parents around middle schoolers and adults all day long and everyone hoping they don't get sick. This loving hellcountry, man.

DeWine is such a coward, he could have stuck with the mask mandate months ago and actually put a dent in things early. Now look at us, kids about to go back to school and we are still in full bloom on cases. The only solace I take is that waiting so long to mandate masks pissed off the left, and then finally mandating masks pissed off the right. Also our state speaker got tagged for a $60m corruption charge and hes donated to DeWine / ponied up cash to tons of DeWine sycophants. Ohio~

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Trump press briefing happening any minute now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be40oQbXFeY

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Trump press briefing happening any minute now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be40oQbXFeY

hmm yes it has been quite some time since I have seen a goblin dance. thank you for the link.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
I wanna see if the President yells about Twitter censoring his retweet of the dreamdemon sex doctor

Edit: that was the most 2020 sentence I've written so far

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Georgia goon on the ground update (*news fanfare music, I guess*)

I went to a smoothie shop. Of the 17 people crowded in it (I did not stand in there), 14 weren't wearing masks. 8 were coughing. I ran away like my rear end was on fire.

A breakfast restaurant I frequented pre-apocalypse had 0 social distancing, no masks except for the servers, and people in every single solitary seat in the restaurant. And a line of people waiting to get in, all squished together in chairs right by the register. I visited on Saturday at around 10 am. I also ran away from there instead of standing there to get my food.

Due to the signs on literally every grocery store and like, tractor supply, that you have to wear a mask there are now far fewer people that are going around unmasked at those places, but they're frequent elsewhere. Military commissaries are not enforcing masks anymore after you're inside because they don't have enough well workers in my area to do it.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the beginning of these press briefings is always exciting, like waiting for the rancor to show up in return of the jedi.

lol @ gina virus. the only reason I tune in is the off chance his face might melt off on live tv.

okay last edit. kodak is making inert pharmaceuticals. is that normal for a camera company to make medicine ingredients.

flubber nuts fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Jul 28, 2020

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

I am shocked to see the Fort Benning area a sea of maroon. Shocked, I tell you.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

The military loses poo poo all the time. they've loving lost nukes.

E: What the gently caress, there have NOT been massive spikes in those metro areas

E2: Holy poo poo

Fluffy Bunnies fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Jul 28, 2020

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Lazyfire posted:

Hey, good news: despite the company's profit for Q2 dropping 98% from Q2 2019, neither my wife or I are getting laid off! This totally counts as a bright spot, don't take it away from me. I am currently drinking in celebration instead of depression because of this.

Haha, so many people are going to die.

We have friends who were told that they could either start sending their kids back to daycare or lose their spaces going forward as soon as our state opened childcare back up. They ultimately decided they couldn't afford to lose the daycare slots because our state had sufficiently low COVID spread that they decided in-person school would be a thing this fall and both of them work in education. Recently we've been seeing an uptick in cases to the point where we're nearing another outbreak but the governor is not going to go back on schools opening, so toddlers will be in daycare and the parents around middle schoolers and adults all day long and everyone hoping they don't get sick. This loving hellcountry, man.

Good news and bad news. The good news is that some daycare slots are going to open up and the bad news is how that is going to happen.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I wanna see if the President yells about Twitter censoring his retweet of the dreamdemon sex doctor

Edit: that was the most 2020 sentence I've written so far

:golfclap: Not a yelling but he did bring it up. Amazing.

E2: Holy poo poo he loving bailed when someone brought up the alien dna.

nullEntityRNG fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 28, 2020

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I'm concerned again about the growth rates being limited by testing capacity again.

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

okay last edit. kodak is making inert pharmaceuticals. is that normal for a camera company to make medicine ingredients.

They've been making pharmaceuticals for years. My grandpa worked for Kodak, and got free Kodak brand vitamins for my Mom. She complained they tasted like ground-up reject film. Probably wasn't wrong about that. Kodak was a film company, and film is just chemicals. They only made cameras as a conduit to make people buy more film.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
lol that the Sturgis motorcycle rally is still going to happen.

200-250,000 Boomers cruising around the streets and partying at the beach for 10 days straight ... what could go wrong?

Imagining all the Xennials & Millenials desperately pleading with their stubborn lead-brained parents & grandparents not to go.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I know nothing about her, thank you very much everybody.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Just random thoughts, but does herpes protect against Covid ? Any other viruses ?

I read 80% of people have the herpes and also 80% of people don’t have issues with Covid so it seems logical

Also I listened to Rhonda Patrick and she says at any point your immune system holds “memory” immunity to maybe 10 coronaviruses and this seems to provide some sideways protection against Covid

Also why does anyone pay attention to Trump anymore, seriously? Oh he’s going to do a wacky thing, he’s going to say what the dumbest sector of society *really* thinks, who gives a gently caress

People around him should have taken the reins already, what are the checks and balances

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

nullEntityRNG posted:

HA HA HA HA it was awesome

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

nullEntityRNG posted:

He disavowed her or he ended the whole conference?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
This is it. This is my last crazy post. 2 guys installed a brand new AC and hosed around in the basement from 715 to 130. I opened all my windows while they were here. Then they told me to close the windows because the AC is back on. So I stalled a few minutes, and had a mask on while closing them, then took it off? Am I going to die of The American Virus? But seriously, if I don't get it w/i 2 weeks from today I don't think I will with my new masks, extenders, and face shields. Sorry for being such a downer. But I am done being crazy, ok, sorry again :(

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
If it’s airborne then you can get it from touching poo poo too. That’s why nothing politicians and cops have forced people to do makes any sense. It’s like they’re all too stupid to hold their jobs. It’s just an endless series of even stronger propaganda blaming and punishing people for not dying, in addition to the willful non-disclosure of vital information.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

nullEntityRNG posted:

Someone please link as soon as it becomes available

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Laterite posted:

200-250,000 Boomers cruising around the streets and partying at the beach for 10 days straight ... what could go wrong?

Imagining all the Xennials & Millenials desperately pleading with their stubborn lead-brained parents & grandparents not to go.

Is there actually a decent beach in South Dakota ?

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

Hazo posted:

Someone please link as soon as it becomes available
https://youtu.be/z_LP_vDzKx8 This showed up on YouTube with the same title as the stream, but I haven’t watched either to be able to confirm it’s the same thing.

Someone on imgur linked a daily beast article about the doctor lady and it reads more like someone listing every kooky conspiracy they can think of rather than anything a single functional human being could possibly believe all at the same time.

Fabulousity
Dec 29, 2008

Number One I order you to take a number two.

Dear Watson posted:

The crowd in question is more suited to a terrarium that you'd buy for a lizard: If you go to Sturgis in early August it's a sea of sun-scorched wrinkly sacks of melanoma lurching around in varying amounts of leather garb and unironic three wolf moon styled attire.

nullEntityRNG
Jun 23, 2010

Mostly pseudo-random.

Fabulousity posted:

He disavowed her or he ended the whole conference?

Basically said "I dont know her" and ended the conference.

LonesomeCrowdedWest
May 8, 2008
Any advice for explaining to someone who fell for the “front line doctors” saying hydroxychlorine is “safer than aspirin” and can be a covid cure? This is an otherwise mostly reasonable person. I know a lot of studies basically said “it might be better than nothing, maybe” but then also a lot of studies saying it causes serious heart problems? I just don’t have the energy to put it all together right now.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Dear Watson posted:

Based on pictures and Google Maps there's a couple medium-sized lakes just outside of town that it looks like rally-goers congregate at. S'pose it depends on your definition of "decent". The criteria in this case seems to be, "can I stand around drinking next to/standing in a body of water?".

The Breakfast Sampler
Jan 1, 2006

Fabulousity posted:

The crowd in question is more suited to a terrarium that you'd buy for a lizard: If you go to Sturgis in early August it's a sea of sun-scorched wrinkly sacks of melanoma lurching around in varying amounts of leather garb and unironic three wolf moon styled attire.

lol. I saw about 50 of them doing a dry run or going up early the other day at the gas station. no masks (or helmets, of course) in sight. I kept driving.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

yook posted:

https://youtu.be/z_LP_vDzKx8 This showed up on YouTube with the same title as the stream, but I haven’t watched either to be able to confirm it’s the same thing.

It is. Right at the end when she's going on about aliens making dna vaccines you could tell he knew he hosed up again and split.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think the real message that needs to be sent here is that if any conspiratorial force levies any weapon against the general public that is intended to reduce the population or gain authoritarian control over a nation, they are going to forcefully be removed from political office and their security forces are going to be swarmed and disarmed by the youth. Our interests are not in cleverly outsmarting a virus with things that aren’t going to stop it anyways, but in dismantling the ability of the virus to infect anyone, destroying the manufacturing base for the virus at all levels of military clearance, and prohibiting any distribution mechanism levied by the government. Not the ultimate end to the propagandist mask argument being, well, after months of this bullshit we determined you actually need a respirator not to inhale the virus and we were just giving our targets an endless series of balderdash bullshit suggestions. These people are trying to bamboozle the whole loving country and their embarrassment and inconvenience is that 100s of millions aren’t dead like they anticipated.

ClamdestineBoyster fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 29, 2020

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
USA really is one of the worst places to live. A guy I know just got his visa or papers accepted and is moving to Canada at the end of the month. Shouldn't we all be so lucky?

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Laterite posted:

Good thing the Boomer motorcycle crowd is very big on PPE so they will surely all wear masks and practice good hygiene.

For sale, 2020 Harley Electraglide, 800 miles

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

yook posted:

Someone on imgur linked a daily beast article about the doctor lady and it reads more like someone listing every kooky conspiracy they can think of rather than anything a single functional human being could possibly believe all at the same time.

I also enjoy the part 3 minutes or so from the end where a reporter asks a completely benign question about his planned meeting with with pharma companies, and he just nastily tells her the meeting is tomorrow and then sarcastically apologizes because “I can see you’re very upset about not knowing the right date.”

Trump is just an absolute loving rear end in a top hat, lol

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

canyoneer posted:

Good thing the Boomer motorcycle crowd is very big on PPE so they will surely all wear masks and practice good hygiene.

For sale, 2020 Harley Electraglide, 800 miles

With helmet, never worn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Michael Corleone posted:

Michael, based on your recent purchases of worksite supplies, you may be interested in an Amazon Business account.
Create a free Amazon Business account and access exclusive business features.

Cool email I just got. I guess I have crack pinged as they say. Got dudes working here the last few days and everyday more poo poo comes and they probably think I am insane!
Anyway, does this business account sound like a good idea?

its a more expensive prime that gives you free shipping and a slightly cheaper price on select items but you dont get the personal prime benefits of the tv shows / movies or twitch prime. if you dont watch the shows or use your twitch prime sub swap it over its generally worth if you order lots of stuff in those catagories where its cheaper. usually building materials and computer parts