Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A couple hours ago a streamer called AngelWalksCA was in a game of COD:Warzone, when his mother and sister came screaming and banging on his door. His brother was found dead. The clip can be easily found on your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca
Feb 13, 2005

Just chillin' : )

Inspector Gesicht posted:

A couple hours ago a streamer called AngelWalksCA was in a game of COD:Warzone, when his mother and sister came screaming and banging on his door. His brother was found dead. The clip can be easily found on your own.

How did the brother die? Don't think I'm keen to watch it, just sounds sad :(

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Presumably a suicide.

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

I'm back with the craziest poo poo I've done yet.

In the early 2000s, a group called Clonaid began talking publicly of cloning human beings. Though controversial, it wasn't an isolated incident - doctors like Zavros and Antinori were in the news constantly for their revolutionary scientific achievements and what they wanted to do next, ethics be damned. What made this group fascinating was their links to a UFO religion called the Raelians, led by a French dude who espoused the virtues of casual sex and how we were created by aliens. Moreover, it was their flashy spokeswoman/lead scientist Brigitte Boisselier who caught a lot of the attention - and heat - for their claims. I think a short summary won't do this justice, so I encourage you to jump right in to the story of Clonaid.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/MPRnews/status/1288155758362857472

Plant me, Seymour.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Parakeet vs. Phone posted:

Or regular-rear end incompetence or laziness. My local news station managed to doxx a confidential witness in a local murder case by showing the documents on air (thankfully he just got harassed by friends and not, you know, murdered). They also literally did a "slow zoom scan over documents" that revealed the killer VA nurse's name while at the same time stating that they weren't releasing her name yet.
How about a local paper running a front page article on Sunday naming the jurors in a murder case?
https://www.poynter.org/reporting-editing/2007/tradition-defied-connecticut-newspaper-names-jurors/

He's a big First Amendment type, but it seems pretty transparently like he was trying to influence the verdict.

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Mom was at work so her calling 911 was the wrong regional center. In my experience, they're 100% able to connect you to another regional center though, so that part is super weird. 911 and cops also are complete loving buffoons who often ignore or sweep things under the rug, so who loving knows.
I had to call for a wellness check for a friend in NYC a few years ago. After having to dial a bunch of precincts myself because they didn't transfer me, they went and checked on her, then called me back and assured me that the abusive husband who had just hit her and one of the kids said everything was OK. And told him my name.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Remember that poo poo we've been wanting to start wars in the middle east over?

https://twitter.com/JuniperLSimonis/status/1288000492165980160
https://twitter.com/JuniperLSimonis/status/1288000494728749056

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

The Golden Gael posted:

I'm back with the craziest poo poo I've done yet.

In the early 2000s, a group called Clonaid began talking publicly of cloning human beings. Though controversial, it wasn't an isolated incident - doctors like Zavros and Antinori were in the news constantly for their revolutionary scientific achievements and what they wanted to do next, ethics be damned. What made this group fascinating was their links to a UFO religion called the Raelians, led by a French dude who espoused the virtues of casual sex and how we were created by aliens. Moreover, it was their flashy spokeswoman/lead scientist Brigitte Boisselier who caught a lot of the attention - and heat - for their claims. I think a short summary won't do this justice, so I encourage you to jump right in to the story of Clonaid.

There's practically no way a human being hasn't been cloned already by some rich maniac, right?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

showbiz_liz posted:

There's practically no way a human being hasn't been cloned already by some rich maniac, right?

There are some pretty big hurdles besides money.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
The posts about teens killing another teen reminds me of the Serena McKay Murder. Basically 2 girls lethally beat McKay, the murder was filmed and broadcast to Facebook.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Serena_McKay

Reading about this reminded me of another case, that of Reena Virk, who was attending a party when she was was swarmed by about 6 other teens, brutally beaten and killed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Reena_Virk

Teens can be pretty loving vicious.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Aren’t a ton of the tear gas canisters they’ve been using expired which means they’ve degraded into all sorts of fun chemicals?

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

showbiz_liz posted:

Depends on who you believe. Antinori says he got close, but who knows if he was just trying to save face with the ethics excuse after encountering serious problems. The Korean guy Brigitte got in touch with, Hwang Woo-suk, was caught buying black market human eggs and even got some from his graduate students.

That's not to say clandestine experiments haven't been tried, sanctioned or unsanctioned, but we obviously have no proof of that. I don't believe it's totally implausible though.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Kitfox88 posted:

Aren’t a ton of the tear gas canisters they’ve been using expired which means they’ve degraded into all sorts of fun chemicals?

Cyanide specifically, but this is something new. The gas had an extremely distinct chlorine smell that you don't get from tear gas, even when it's expired.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Good chance the cops and/or feds are buying fron some extremely fly-by-night supplier because they've fired all their regular stock already. It's like buying 'research chemicals' on the internet, its anyone's guess what you're actually going to receive.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

If they were using chlorine gas all those protesters would be dead

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I mean, you can test that pretty easily can't you? Did anyone pick up an empty canister?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Gaius Marius posted:

Also this.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean, you can test that pretty easily can't you? Did anyone pick up an empty canister?

Yes, the police and feds. They've made it a point to pick up every cannister they can these past couple weeks.

Also, chlorine gas isn't some insta-kill formula. It's deadly, but you need to be exposed for longer than it takes to run away from a gaseous cloud before it can kill you.

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 01:17 on Jul 29, 2020

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Not without boiling your lungs. But it's been awhile since I learned about gasses in my WW1 class.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
It's probably CS gas or sonething, with some percentage of chlorine added

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

The feds are not using chlorine gas. You won't need some Twitter rando to tell you if they do, you'll be able to see the bodies piled in the streets.

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica

Gaius Marius posted:

The feds are not using chlorine gas. You won't need some Twitter rando to tell you if they do, you'll be able to see the bodies piled in the streets.

A low percent won't kill you (immediately)

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Piss Meridian posted:

It's probably CS gas or sonething, with some percentage of chlorine added

https://twitter.com/JuniperLSimonis/status/1288212685725655040

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010

Solice Kirsk posted:

Not without boiling your lungs. But it's been awhile since I learned about gasses in my WW1 class.

My dad was hit by an industrial accident in the 60s in Philadelphia. A chlorine gas tanker was hit by a train sending up a cloud. Thousands of people were hospitalized, it took weeks to locate people rushed to hospitals up to 3 states away. Almost no one died but the whole neighborhood had life long lung problems.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Groovelord Neato posted:

Although if someone just wanted to experiment aside from the ethics, I'm not sure how much they'd care about the limits of the technology itself and the shortened lifespan such a person would have. I don't think it's impossible someone has succeeded, and we know for sure people have tried, but I don't really think you'd get anything 'usable' from the results, just a person with probably lovely health from genetic damage.

EDIT: Like the technology has gotten way better since Dolly, but if you're running a black market cloning operation are you able to get the most cutting edge stuff?

PetraCore has a new favorite as of 01:45 on Jul 29, 2020

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60625&p=18949475

quote:

When the two towers that make up the World Trade Center were built, they were designed to withstand the impact of the largest airliner of the day, the Boeing 707 Intercontinental. The Empire State Building survived a B-25 medium bomber crashing into it on very foggy day. It was during the weekend when most people weren't there, but still, 14 people died.

Anyone wanna bet that the World Trade Center could survive an 767-300 impact?

I guess someone took up his bet?

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

Groovelord Neato posted:

they cant even clone a working trachea

DemonDarkhorse
Nov 5, 2011

It's probably not tobacco. You just need to start wiping front-to-back from now on.

sorry for the double post, but holy poo poo

"You would easily have 1500 or more, since you would have a 200 in the plane, at least 500 in the building, and a real s*itload on the ground. If the building managed to fall, there might be 5 or 6 thousand dead. Oh well. That's why they put a/c lights on buildings... "

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

The Lone Badger posted:

Good chance the cops and/or feds are buying fron some extremely fly-by-night supplier because they've fired all their regular stock already. It's like buying 'research chemicals' on the internet, its anyone's guess what you're actually going to receive.

Also most of the EU has banned exporting tear gas to the US as they were concerned about it being used on peaceful civilian protesters.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I don't think people are saying the police are using chlorine, rather they are using something new that may produce some quantity of chlorine or something that smells like it

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
MizPiz is saying they're using nerve gas, they said so in their first post on the subject.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The dose makes the poison

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Madkal posted:

Teens can be pretty loving vicious.
Maybe it's because I was once a teen girl myself who was kind of scared of other teen girls but these kinds of cases really stay with me.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Laurie_Show
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Michele_Avila
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Skylar_Neese
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Shanda_Sharer
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Kirsten_Costas
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mamamia.com.au/caroline-reed-robertson-rachel-barber/amp/

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Groovelord Neato posted:

What a ridiculous length to go to win olympic gold

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

StillFullyTerrible posted:

MizPiz is saying they're using nerve gas, they said so in their first post on the subject.

No I didn't

Edit:

"that poo poo we've been wanting to start wars in the middle east over" was nerve agents, so i assumed that's what you were saying

TBF, there isn't a chemical weapon we haven't used as an excuse to invade a middle east country.

MizPiz has a new favorite as of 05:23 on Jul 29, 2020

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

"that poo poo we've been wanting to start wars in the middle east over" was nerve agents, so i assumed that's what you were saying

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Oil isn’t a nerve agent, iirc.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

i mean it kills brain cells if you huff too much gasoline, but i don't think that counts

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Gaius Marius posted:

Also, the filters the police themselves use aren't rated for more than brief exposure to chlorine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Varkk posted:

Also most of the EU has banned exporting tear gas to the US as they were concerned about it being used on peaceful civilian protesters.

That's OK, the UK has left the EU so we're doing it.