Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Okay what is maxwell's credit score

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Tunicate posted:

Okay what is maxwell's credit score

683 FICO score

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

nut posted:

maybe a similar route as to why jeff was groomed at all in the first place? Wasn't he an incredibly accomplished pianist/ahead in school?

thats what im thinking, a line of exploitation/grooming/recruitment. some of the girls he straight abused, others he seems to have taken into his confidence and trained to work for him as procurers, assistants, or blackmailers. nadia marcinko is the first name that springs to mind. and jeff like his victims was from a working class family without many connections. seems to be a common thread of going after ambitious but poor people.

Regulus74
Jul 26, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

thats what im thinking, a line of exploitation/grooming/recruitment. some of the girls he straight abused, others he seems to have taken into his confidence and trained to work for him as procurers, assistants, or blackmailers. nadia marcinko is the first name that springs to mind. and jeff like his victims was from a working class family without many connections. seems to be a common thread of going after ambitious but poor people.

Agreed, that's why I suspect he was first scouted/recruited at Interlochen or something similar.

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Regulus74 posted:

Agreed, that's why I suspect he was first scouted/recruited at Interlochen or something similar.

holy poo poo i somehow completely missed that he was enrolled there as a student in 1967. smoking gun surely, most definitely he was groomed and recruited there.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

nut posted:

the inquiry into the mass shooter in Nova Scotia earlier this year, who went on a 2-day GTA spree dressed up like a cop in a faked cop car shooting people and burning houses, is going public after constant outcry from the Canadian public. The Inquiry was originally slated to have no transparency in the name of, as the RCMP repeatedly stated, "not wanting to re-traumatise the victims".

https://twitter.com/BillBlair/status/1288202222417960960?s=20

This is the same case where the killer withdrew almost a half milly in cash directly from a Brink's depot in Nova Scotia, which anonymous RCMP officers have since clarified is not a means through which private citizens can withdraw money (financial assessments into the killer's businesses could also not explain the withdrawal), but is a means through which the RCMP get cash for agents/informants. Killer's neighbour Peter Griffin (lol) helped print the decals to fake the RCMP car and Griffin has gang ties to drug running for La Familia. Finally, upon learning about the start of the killing spree, the RCMP in Nova Scotia failed to use their public alert system, which residents will typically tell you is, if anything, overused under other circumstances (is often used to warn about things as innocuous as lightning storms). The failure to warn has been directly linked to at least one of the deaths of a woman who went for a walk not knowing anything bad was going on in her area. There has been no real explanation for the RCMP's failure to act. During the spree, two RCMP officers had guns drawn and inexplicably shot bullets into a firehouse that was housing community members sheltering from the killer. Everything about it is insane.

The list of weirdness goes on and I'm sure there's lots I missed just like I'm sure there will be lots missed in the now public inquiry.

The most prevalent theories I've seen are that this is another example in a long history of police forces teaming up with citizens that are right-wing nuts and facing the consequences of providing money and power to someone liable to snap like this. The killer, Gabriel Wortman, has for a long time played pretend cop, collecting retired cop cars and outfits from auction and even citizen's arresting cops for parking illegally in his business parking lot.

Further to this it was revealed recently that the RCMP was informed about his drug smuggling, illegal gun collection, and hidden doors / stashes in his house and business a year prior

Also his uncle was an RCMP officer

lol

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I despise the RCMP and not just because I just finished read about their sled dog extermination policy during the 1950-60s. Useless evil agency.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Fried Watermelon posted:

Further to this it was revealed recently that the RCMP was informed about his drug smuggling, illegal gun collection, and hidden doors / stashes in his house and business a year prior

lol

The whole thing is totally hosed, and the government tried/is trying to cover it up. Even this inquiry will have the former Federal Justice Minister, a former chief of police, and a former judge as commissioners. This story is going to get even weirder.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I still think the guy was an undercover cop, sucked, but was kept on nominal payroll and got to drive "replica" cop cars because he wasn't an official cop, and that's why they're protecting him so much

Giga Gaia
May 2, 2006

360 kickflip to... Meteo?!

Suplex Liberace posted:

I despise the RCMP and not just because I just finished read about their sled dog extermination policy during the 1950-60s. Useless evil agency.

how do you feel about their fruit machines?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Fried Watermelon posted:

lol

Canadian Gladio! Canadian Gladio!

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

mastershakeman posted:

I still think the guy was an undercover cop, sucked, but was kept on nominal payroll and got to drive "replica" cop cars because he wasn't an official cop, and that's why they're protecting him so much

what undercover cop would drive pretend cop cars, right? its so stupid it's perfect

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

do u know of any good RCMP books. this week I started a collection of essays on Canadian domestic surveillance by Greg Kealey but I’m always looking for more.

turns out back during the Fenian rebellions that the province of Canada immediately turned to gladio solutions even when back in Britain everyone had grown scared and untrusting of spy programs

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

gh0stpinballa posted:

https://twitter.com/jeff_kaye/status/1288197000836419584?s=19

potential answer to why jeff was hired for dalton: perhaps his first job was supposed to be recruitment of certain kids from wealthy and ibfluential families. perhaps this was a non-starter, it would make too much noise. switch gears, change up, snap to: epstein procuring girls then using then to recruit other children to give him massages, then working up to sending them on kompromat missions. snap to: sexual abuse and degradation helping to break a subject's spirit as per MKUltra, making them more pliable assets.

gh0stpinballa posted:

holy poo poo i somehow completely missed that he was enrolled there as a student in 1967. smoking gun surely, most definitely he was groomed and recruited there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7RBx0X_ik0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1tyybVuSBU

nut
Jul 30, 2019

gh0stpinballa posted:

mamma mia

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

He ran drugs for the RCMP I bet and got fed up when he wasn't turned into a cop

Sort of like a vampire and their thralls

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

nut posted:

do u know of any good RCMP books. this week I started a collection of essays on Canadian domestic surveillance by Greg Kealey but I’m always looking for more.

turns out back during the Fenian rebellions that the province of Canada immediately turned to gladio solutions even when back in Britain everyone had grown scared and untrusting of spy programs

Maybe Clearing the Plains? Most of the RCMP knowledge i have is pre ww1 from just reading Canadian and Indigenous history. The dog genocide came from All Our Relations by Tanya Talaga which is not thread themed but infuriating all the same (its about the disturbingly high child suicide rate among all indigenous peoples globally). Is https://utorontopress.com/ca/spying-on-canadians-4 the collection you were talking about? I might spend a few hours checking some university press sites for books now ill post some good looking ones if i find em.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

wtf the paperback and the ebook are the same price gently caress off uoft press

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won
remember the time the rcmp guided two very mentally unwell people through literally every single step of committing an act of terror (coming up with plan, buying supplies, etc) up til the execution then was like “aha! we stopped the terrorists!” when they arrested them? :canada:

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

punished milkman posted:

remember the time the rcmp guided two very mentally unwell people through literally every single step of committing an act of terror (coming up with plan, buying supplies, etc) up til the execution then was like “aha! we stopped the terrorists!” when they arrested them? :canada:

lmao what

tell me that poo poo got slapped down in court HARD at least

punished milkman
Dec 5, 2018

would have won

Excelzior posted:

lmao what

surprisingly enough it did. i’m sure there are better articles on it, but here’s one: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/john-nuttall-amanda-korody-2018-1.4952431

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

they should have just done the act and pin it on them after, like the farmer they pinned an oil well explosion on, that they did.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

gh0stpinballa posted:

potential answer to why jeff was hired for dalton: perhaps his first job was supposed to be recruitment of certain kids from wealthy and ibfluential families. perhaps this was a non-starter, it would make too much noise. switch gears, change up, snap to: epstein procuring girls then using then to recruit other children to give him massages, then working up to sending them on kompromat missions. snap to: sexual abuse and degradation helping to break a subject's spirit as per MKUltra, making them more pliable assets.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4NTaoenshE

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

punished milkman posted:

just where do u think they picked that up from huh

gh0stpinballa posted:

im guessing these documents in the maxwell case wont be released

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Gislane Maxwell never heard of her? She famous?

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Excelzior posted:

lmao what

Look without even being familiar with it I know that it didn't get slapped down in court.

If they only did it once - lol - that would be pretty galling but surely it's routine. It's certainly routine for the FBI.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Suplex Liberace posted:

Yeah, she's friends with the freaking president.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Thats troubling i heard hes not the nicest of people

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
He's a pedophile and rapist, OP.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

gh0stpinballa posted:

:crackping:

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Suplex Liberace posted:

wtf the paperback and the ebook are the same price gently caress off uoft press

lol yeah I bought the physical. I’ve only read a couple so far but it’s pretty good. he mentions another book he was one of the authors on called Secret Service that goes up to 2012 that I’ll probably try to snag if this is good.

though the two books you mentioned sound good👀

nut
Jul 30, 2019

Federal Bureau of Intrapment

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Laterite posted:

Has anything come of this yet?

https://twitter.com/reuters/status/1288582760320446465?s=21

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Happy Thread posted:

Also the only people more boring than ufo deniers are evopsych deniers. Denying the basic economics that mathematically play out in gene pools. In brains that are indifferently assembled by gene pools. Really, it goes back to nearly everyone having poor intuition about the power of exponents, such as after n generations.

Or pretending that gender is not an important variable in gene pools, under the delusional view that the act of reproduction requires that everyone pay an identical investment cost, even the individuals who lack the hardware to incubate babies in their own bodies.

Not just people who hate chud evopsych evangelicals, but who flatly rule out the whole inquiry because of that association. Boring.

Edit: Removed unintentionally problematic language. Also, clarifying that I know the wider "evopsych" discipline (not just the narrower premise) is widely full of poo poo and I am not defending the whole thing. Please do not make a pariah out of or ostracize another leftist, especially when it's that poster feeling the need to stand up for another leftist who just got overaggressively dogpiled 2 pages ago. And don't put words in my mouth outside of what I actually wrote either, because I fully do understand the damage done by the likes of Pinker et al who try to mix their most loathsome ideas with sound ones.

I can understand why this sort of reasoning would make sense to a layperson, but in reality human behavior/psychology is a result of a combination of genes, environment, and genes x environment interaction.

Basically "genes affect the brain and thus many aspects of behavior" does not mean "therefore any particular behavior has its root in genetics." The human brain is very plastic and in practice it is usually impossible to truly control for environment in human studies.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

having strong opinions about gender while understanding so little i end up conflating it with sex

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001

Suplex Liberace posted:

You ever heard of Maxwell House coffee? She knows that guy!

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

:11tea:

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1288606423786704896?s=20

Give me thedamn documents!!!

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Suplex Liberace posted:

Give me thedamn documents!!!

looks like we'll be getting some tomorrow!

https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1288608289807306752

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

i wonder what random death or 'suicide' could stop the docs coming out tomorrow AM

i guess we'll find out in the next 12 hours!