Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Pipe
Good boy(?)
Better boy(?)
Best boy(?)
View Results

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm really curious to find out if there's any humans involved with the Evil Corporation itself or if it's cyborgs all the way down at this point.

...Also I wonder if the fact that the translation's calling them cyborgs implies that there's something human in there or if the writer/localizer just hasn't done their research and needs to be calling them androids instead :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'm really curious to find out if there's any humans involved with the Evil Corporation itself or if it's cyborgs all the way down at this point.

...Also I wonder if the fact that the translation's calling them cyborgs implies that there's something human in there or if the writer/localizer just hasn't done their research and needs to be calling them androids instead :v:

The history animation made it look like people were rushing in to trade their weak fleshy bodies for machine ones, so it seems accurate to me (at first, anyways).

I have a feeling that the people in the command room know a bit about what's going on, although I'm not sure if they know more than what Solid Quake is letting them on to. Kaburagi contacting the captain about Pipe is what's leading me to believe that's the case.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
They seem to be a fully uploaded society of human scale AIs based off human brain scans, nothing which hasn’t been previously explored in sci fi. Governed by more sophisticated AIs, though these overlords don’t seem godlike, and they have certain taboos against self modification and violation of privacy.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I want to know why there isn't a better place for humans to live than the gas tank

I also want to see the aftermath of everyone's homes getting flooded with blood

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
The homes might not be flooded.

Kaburagi's house has a door that looks pretty watertight. They all might be that way.

Rip to anyone caught outside.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
for absolutely 0 reason at all, i get the impression the green monster blood is like LCL in Eva, or else there'd be a lot more bodies just kinda floating around at all times

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I get the impression that oxyone is tragically delicious for everyone. Like a really nice energy drink.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Darth Walrus posted:

I get the impression that oxyone is tragically delicious for everyone. Like a really nice energy drink.

So it's what plants crave?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

They seem to be a fully uploaded society of human scale AIs based off human brain scans, nothing which hasn’t been previously explored in sci fi. Governed by more sophisticated AIs, though these overlords don’t seem godlike, and they have certain taboos against self modification and violation of privacy.

It's this, I think. Now, there could be an argument that they can't be cyborgs as these aren't human bodies at this point and are just consciousnesses in a shell, but that's basically semantics about what constitutes a cyborg.

The website touches on this:

http://decadence-anime.com/en/special-glossary.html posted:

Cyborgs

Originally meant humans who had some part of their bodies changed to machinery, but gradually the trend shifted towards mechanizing the entire body. Though they are still called Cyborgs, they are quite different beings compared to the early Cyborgs.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

Interesting that the topmost evil AIs are named after Odin's all-seeing ravens. Who's Odin in this scenario?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Squidster posted:

Interesting that the topmost evil AIs are named after Odin's all-seeing ravens. Who's Odin in this scenario?

The one eyed leader of warriors with forbidden knowledge in humanity's last city, known for a spear of incredible lethality?

I don't think we've seen anyone like... wait.

poo poo.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I love how Rinmei is both a best friend and antagonizer. I figured they were just pure rivals.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

I love how Rinmei is both a best friend and antagonizer. I figured they were just pure rivals.

I'm not sure. It might just be that she's in the same "Orphanage" box as the actual best friend.

I agree that having both is much more interesting, but it might not be what the chart is trying to say.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Squidster posted:

They're just the chief content mods for an important department. Presumably, Odin is Solid Quake itself (or, at least, its CEO if it has one).

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
I just noticed that the chart is also confirming that Minato is a cyborg as well.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

I just noticed that the chart is also confirming that Minato is a cyborg as well.

Not all that surprising, considering.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The lighting makes it hard to look for weird skin-colors, but I'd be fairly surprised if there's any Tankers/normal humans among the bridge crew, or anyone privy to the Deca-Dence's more serious internal workings.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://youtu.be/YW2UQ1MrevE

Full Opening song

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

This show remains really good. I loved finally getting to meet some more of the characters from the opening.

The music direction for this show is fantastic as well.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

deca-dence makes me so so happy watching it

Hidingo Kojimba
Mar 29, 2010

Can’t wait to see Natsume Kobayashi-Maru this poo poo.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I'm going to be very curious to see to what extent Natsume's going to be able to take things off-script here, especially this early in the series.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
TBH I wouldn't be surprised if breaking "Deca-Dence" is only the first act.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Making an unwinnable event that only the highest ranked players can survive, in a permadeath game seems like a bad business decision

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

People are probably more willing to eat the loss and start over with a new character when it's the only game in town

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Also a bunch of old vets will be coming back for the storyline.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
That's probably how this will be resolved Kakaguri is going to somehow rope his veteran friends in showing up early and the combined force will win the impossible event. The admins will be annoyed but tolerate it because it's still an epic storyline that'll get people playing, but it might get Natsume noticed for drama.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Mokinokaro posted:

That's probably how this will be resolved Kakaguri is going to somehow rope his veteran friends in showing up early and the combined force will win the impossible event. The admins will be annoyed but tolerate it because it's still an epic storyline that'll get people playing, but it might get Natsume noticed for drama.

Worrisome note.

The OP has the wall of top players fill up with "Dead", followed by Natsume looking sad. And with only 13 episodes...

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I think for once the "you can't do this, give up" scene is fully justified.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Yeah it actually worked well here.

Kabaguri is a decent dude and I hope things work out for him as much as I hope they will for Natsume.

I loved his response to Natsume joining the underground fight and succeeding. He wasn't mad in the end, he was proud she'd accomplished her goal.
Real dad energy.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 30, 2020

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

I think for once the "you can't do this, give up" scene is fully justified.

It's interesting because in a vacuum it's a pretty rote scene but it gains a lot of spice from the fact that, in the setting, the battles are actually, literally, explicitly pointless, by design - and also because Kab doesn't have any adequate way to actually explain this. Even if he were to just tell Natsume straight up what's going on, she has no context to even parse what any of it would mean, let alone any way to actually verify that it's true.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
I think they've been building up Pipe because he's about to be really important. The alpha gadoll produces fog, and Pipe has a habit of pooting out little puffs of fog sometimes.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I wasn't feeling the combat in the first episode but Natsume looked awesome in this one. Sucks that it's only going to be 12-13 episodes though, it seems like they could easily fill a full 26 episode season with stuff.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I really like female character designs. They have pretty diverse body types, which is not something I see often in anime

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah the character designs own across the board IMO. Very diverse and consistently striking.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
The general style of the humans/Gears kinda reminds me of Gurren Lagann in a good way.

I think a lot of it is the color palette

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

I wonder if he'll just overclock himself to win the event. Also if you remove the limiter entirely do you even have to log out back to avatarland?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
This show got a crazy pacing (in a good way), reminds me of Planet With.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

:hmmyes: