Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/figmaplus-sega-consoles-1820

Figma is making Sega Consoles for 6 inch figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Djarum posted:

https://www.goodsmileus.com/product/figmaplus-sega-consoles-1820

Figma is making Sega Consoles for 6 inch figures.

my god

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Well that's loving adorable

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

gently caress yes, thank you

Those DKRs are still rad as hell

He has been busy making Secret Wars figures. Make sure you follow his Instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/ironcowprod/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I stipped at WM this morning and scored a Battle Cat and I am so happy.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The toy shelves at the WMs around here are oddly barren in the action figure aisle. Like there was a run on, well, everything.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
:D

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Dawgstar posted:

The toy shelves at the WMs around here are oddly barren in the action figure aisle. Like there was a run on, well, everything.

I checked one out last month (according to brickseek it had a few black series I was looking for) and saw a similar sight. Mostly empty shelves.

Future Son
Mar 29, 2007
I'm from the future. I'm your son!
That’s how all brick & mortars are around me.
Black series Constable Zuvio anyone? Walgreens has it, at full price.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I saw a Legends Namor at Walgreens for full price last week.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

I keep telling myself I don't need to get them.

but if I find them on the shelf I'm totally going to get them.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Yea yea, 2020 keeps on 2020-ing, as Florida has a tropical storm heading right for us. It looks like it might hit Central Florida late Saturday or early Sunday.

We have plenty of food and supplies, but I'm really hoping it doesn't mess with me tracking down a Baroness, if any of our local Targets even get them, and even then, if they don't stick to the original street date of 8/14.

But the whole state is in such dire straits with COVID, it would be nice if we could just dodge this bullet.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Yea yea, 2020 keeps on 2020-ing, as Florida has a tropical storm heading right for us. It looks like it might hit Central Florida late Saturday or early Sunday.

We have plenty of food and supplies, but I'm really hoping it doesn't mess with me tracking down a Baroness, if any of our local Targets even get them, and even then, if they don't stick to the original street date of 8/14.

But the whole state is in such dire straits with COVID, it would be nice if we could just dodge this bullet.

:munch:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

America has gotten pretty lucky with hurricanes this season. They've fizzled out or changed course enough to avert the "covicane" scenario

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
I can't imagine risking covid going to Targets in Floridato buy a toy right now. Are these expected to go for insane markups on ebay because if you can shell out an extra $10 to not worry about it that sounds like a good deal.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

davebo posted:

I can't imagine risking covid going to Targets in Floridato buy a toy right now. Are these expected to go for insane markups on ebay because if you can shell out an extra $10 to not worry about it that sounds like a good deal.

I'm the guy who puts on a fresh set of gloves every time I go to a store. I've got about 30 masks overall which get a single use and then into the wash bin.

I love toys but I'm not getting this poo poo. I also don't linger in the stores.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Rhyno posted:

I'm the guy who puts on a fresh set of gloves every time I go to a store. I've got about 30 masks overall which get a single use and then into the wash bin.

I love toys but I'm not getting this poo poo. I also don't linger in the stores.

None of that guarantees you won’t get it, stay home if you’re able.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Gloves are getting scare. Please use hand sanitizer

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A face shield might be prudent as well if you don't have eye protection

But yes don't go to stores if you can help it, you don't want to drown in your own bloody froth-filled lungs and not be able to see your loved ones before you die because covid patients can't have visitors

Baroness ain't worth that

Battlecat ain't worth that

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I work in PPE production, my sister has had two completely healthy 20-something friends die from covid complications, do not go to target for toys right now. Just pay the online premium and live long enough to enjoy them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CelticPredator posted:

Gloves are getting scare. Please use hand sanitizer

I have 6 boxes and the shelves at Menards were full. I have hand sanitizer as well.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I work in PPE production, my sister has had two completely healthy 20-something friends die from covid complications, do not go to target for toys right now. Just pay the online premium and live long enough to enjoy them.

I've personally pronounced more people dead in the last 5 months than I have in the 10 years I've been practicing medicine combined.

Even if you get it and are fine, there are a lot of cases cropping up where you'll develop permanent heart conditions after the fact, not to mention the increased clotting and risk of strokes.

The Roni does not gently caress around.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Fuzz posted:

I've personally pronounced more people dead in the last 5 months than I have in the 10 years I've been practicing medicine combined.

Even if you get it and are fine, there are a lot of cases cropping up where you'll develop permanent heart conditions after the fact, not to mention the increased clotting and risk of strokes.

The Roni does not gently caress around.
really not helping my thoughts about quitting my job of nearly two decades to hole up at home until a vaccine arrives. man I'm fuckin terrified of this poo poo, and my stupid, stupid coworkers/fellow countrymen who don't wear masks. :(

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Believe me, I'm taking this seriously and not loving around. I'm very lucky to have been able to work remotely since March 20th (I work for a school), but they're warning me I'll probably have to return to campus at some point in August. Even though I'll be meeting with all students and teaching classes remotely throughout the fall semester, they will expect me to report back to my office on campus every day to do so... which makes no sense to me.

My wife is disabled and immunocompromised, and I often help out her aging, ailing parents too, so I'm still grocery shopping and treating us to takeout food about once a week. I love eating at restaurants, but haven't done so since March 7th, and don't plan to until there's a vaccine that works. I wear a mask anytime I set foot out of our house, I haven't hung out with anyone, I use hand sanitizer constantly, I'm quick and efficient on all my errands... and I'm still terrified it's not going to be good enough, and I could possibly get this and pass it along to my wife. Nothing scares me more. At least my county and the larger connecting county have made masks mandatory, which helps, but I know plenty of people are still going through their regular routines like nothing has changed and nobody else is worried.

Of course I'd much rather order Baroness online, but the preorder date was a complete clusterfuck on Target's website, and I don't have high hopes for the regular release date, whether it's 8/1 or 8/14. I'm using Brickseek and Popfindr to check my local stores for her every day, to avoid fruitless trips. If she shows up anywhere, I'll probably zip over and just do my grocery shopping at that Target to cut down on another errand later.

Sorry, that was more information than anyone cared about, but I don't want anyone to think I'm one of those idiots who goes out strolling through stores because they're bored, or who isn't taking precautions. My poor wife hasn't left our house since mid-March, and she was laid off from her teaching job for the fall. It sucks for everyone, and I'm trying to not be part of the problem.

Is this you being smug, or taking the piss in some way over something I said? You were the guy who said:

Fuzz posted:

If you see the others, can you grab them for me? Targets in NYC barely carry toys and I don't have a car to go out to the suburbs and look. I'll pay whatever for the shipping.

And I said if I saw any in my travels, I'd pick them up. So I don't know what the popcorn-eating is for.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jul 30, 2020

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I haven’t left my apartment really since February 29th. I have gone about 3 blocks, 3 times since then and saw enough people not wearing masks or distancing that I just gave up on that idea.

I am high risk so I don’t think I would survive if I did contract it. People I know don’t understand why I just don’t go do this or that. It’s like this poo poo will likely kill me. There isn’t anything that I could do that is worth dying over right now.

I am lucky that I am an indoor person and have plenty of entertainment options as well as a S/O that can go and do shopping when we need it. But spending six months in a tiny apartment is rough. With the economic issues coming it is going to get more rough.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Djarum posted:

I haven’t left my apartment really since February 29th. I have gone about 3 blocks, 3 times since then and saw enough people not wearing masks or distancing that I just gave up on that idea.

I am high risk so I don’t think I would survive if I did contract it. People I know don’t understand why I just don’t go do this or that. It’s like this poo poo will likely kill me. There isn’t anything that I could do that is worth dying over right now.

I am lucky that I am an indoor person and have plenty of entertainment options as well as a S/O that can go and do shopping when we need it. But spending six months in a tiny apartment is rough. With the economic issues coming it is going to get more rough.

I'm sorry. It sucks. I empathize completely, as a caregiver for a high-risk person who has also been housebound. I wish people could use a little bit of empathy and common sense to keep everyone safer, but both of those are becoming lost arts.

Oh yeah, since my employer is expecting a major revenue loss due to fewer students taking advantage of on-campus housing (and probably -- let's face it -- moving back to a fully remote fall semester), they promise furloughs and layoffs aren't completely off the table either.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

I'm sorry. It sucks. I empathize completely, as a caregiver for a high-risk person who has also been housebound. I wish people could use a little bit of empathy and common sense to keep everyone safer, but both of those are becoming lost arts.

Oh yeah, since my employer is expecting a major revenue loss due to fewer students taking advantage of on-campus housing (and probably -- let's face it -- moving back to a fully remote fall semester), they promise furloughs and layoffs aren't completely off the table either.

Yeah. I have been unemployed for a year and a half now. I was being picky about where I was going to work next and was in various stages of interviews when everyone just stopped their hiring all at once when COVID hit. Even with my experience in remote support the jobs that are available are being fought over pretty hard by all the people getting laid off.

My S/O is in higher education as well and she has the same worries as you. Only one of her classes is filled right now and even if they all fill it is less money than she has been getting with unemployment for the last couple of months.

Things are going to be real bad in the coming months and there doesn’t seem to be any sort of plan or support coming from the government unlike nearly everywhere else in the world. When things are forced to be shut down again and for a longer time it is going to be scary.

Even though it isn’t about toys it is nice for a moment to know you aren’t the only one dealing with the same issues.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
What are the Popfindr and Brickseek links for Baroness? I don't care about the GI Joe figures at all but if there's a chance I can pick them up at a store for folks while doing my grocery shopping and save somebody a plague trip in Florida, I'd rather do that than have others risk separate daily trips for a toy. Things are still relatively calm in my part of Oregon.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Gripweed posted:

America has gotten pretty lucky with hurricanes this season. They've fizzled out or changed course enough to avert the "covicane" scenario

It's still really early though; August, September and October are the peak months.

Tryin' to reason, with covicane season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Brickseek said the MOTUO guys were on the shelves at a WM about 15 minutes south of where I work so I made the trip. Struck out but they did have the SCOOB 2 packs with Blue Falcon and Dynomut so I picked those up which made the trip not a total bust.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Is this you being smug, or taking the piss in some way over something I said? You were the guy who said:

And I said if I saw any in my travels, I'd pick them up. So I don't know what the popcorn-eating is for.

It was just smug gooniness at the impending shitstorm that could be hurricane struck Florida on top of the existing covid hellstorm. More power to you man, that place seems like a powder keg, and I'm saying that from NYC.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

It was just smug gooniness at the impending shitstorm that could be hurricane struck Florida on top of the existing covid hellstorm. More power to you man, that place seems like a powder keg, and I'm saying that from NYC.

Sorry, I'm stressed and a little oversensitive because I've been summoned back to work, and because my in-laws keep peer-pressuring us to visit, even though they're old and not taking this thing seriously, and the tropical storm isn't helping. You know my least-favorite part of hurricanes? Putting up all the shutters on two houses single-handedly. I dread that every time. Although losing power is always a nightmare too.

And I hardly buy toys for myself anymore. In 2020, I've only made two purchases, and both of them were practically lifelong wants that came out so close to everything I always dreamed of: Earthrise Optimus Prime and Classified Snake Eyes. Baroness would be another one like that for me, and it would be a nice pick-me-up right now. I buy so little, I realize I get obsessive about tracking down the few things I do want.

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Louisgod posted:

What are the Popfindr and Brickseek links for Baroness? I don't care about the GI Joe figures at all but if there's a chance I can pick them up at a store for folks while doing my grocery shopping and save somebody a plague trip in Florida, I'd rather do that than have others risk separate daily trips for a toy. Things are still relatively calm in my part of Oregon.

https://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker/?sku=087-16-4933

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Hey, Oregon has had its own problems lately! I hope you've been safe.

Anyway, these are the links. Thanks for keeping an eye out, just in case, but don't make a special trip on my account:
https://popfindr.com/inventory/target/087-16-4933

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Hey, Oregon has had its own problems lately! I hope you've been safe.

Anyway, these are the links. Thanks for keeping an eye out, just in case, but don't make a special trip on my account:
https://popfindr.com/inventory/target/087-16-4933

Sweet thanks! Yeah it's mostly the Portland area, here in Eugene things are relatively smooth thanks to masks being mandatory. Still, many more cases per 100,000 people means my kids likely will be at home for school for a while come September, which is what I want.

I'll keep an eye out for these figures if I see quantities pop up. Also, if anybody runs into a full Strong Guy wave, I'll happily reimburse you for them.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Louisgod posted:

Sweet thanks! Yeah it's mostly the Portland area, here in Eugene things are relatively smooth thanks to masks being mandatory. Still, many more cases per 100,000 people means my kids likely will be at home for school for a while come September, which is what I want.

I'll keep an eye out for these figures if I see quantities pop up. Also, if anybody runs into a full Strong Guy wave, I'll happily reimburse you for them.

My wife and I are child-free by choice, but my heart goes out to all the parents, kids, and teachers stuck in this lose-lose situation. My parents are retired public school teachers (down in Miami!), and I'm so glad they don't have to worry about going back during all this. My wife and I are even kind of grateful she was laid off so she isn't forced back into her college classroom in a month.

How do you like Eugene? All I know is it's a college town and Mike and Laura Allred live there.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Big Bad Voodoo Lou and Djarum I'm there with you, guys. Also glad to hear that there's decent, rational people left in this lovely country who are thinking about others.

I'm in South Florida, so I've definitely got hurricanes/tropical storms on the brain amidst all this bullshit. The contractor put up the last of our accordion shutters yesterday. It's an investment for sure, but it beats having to put up those pain in the rear end manual ones. But I've been incredibly lucky throughout the last few months. I've been outside my house less than six times since March, and two of those were visits to the vet for my dog, two of them were to do curbside pickup at Ikea for office furniture since I'm working from home, and two were socially distanced/masks-on visits to my in-laws who have also been working from home and who have -thankfully- been taking Covid seriously. Been getting groceries delivered since March, also.

I'm also in higher Ed, but I work for a public university that has a very, very small percentage of students living on campus, so the loss of that revenue probably won't hit us too hard. It's also been amazing that my job has said that some people will need to be on campus during the fall, but those who don't want to, flat-out don't have to go. Thankfully there were like 20/30 people in my department who volunteered to man the ship in shifts. Since my wife is immunocompromised, I don't want to risk bringing anything back to her. She's also been able to work from home full time.

But to tie this into toy-talk, I've been practicing retail therapy and buying figures with the money I'm saving on dining-out, tolls, gas, coffee, etc. Even though I have zero interest in MotU, Ghostbusters, or G.I. Joe, you guys' joy and excitement over this stuff has been a nice distraction from the hellscape this country has become. :unsmith:

Nanigans fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jul 30, 2020

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Covid's not an automatic death sentence if you're in a high risk group.

This isn't me saying not to be careful. Don't go out if you can avoid it, wear a mask, wash your hands etc. if you have to. But if by some terrible unfortunate luck you do get infected, you can't give in and assume you're going to die because there's strong evidence your state of mind has an effect on how your body fights illnesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Nanigans posted:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou and Djarum I'm there with you, guys. Also glad to hear that there's decent, rational people left in this lovely country who are thinking about others.

I'm in South Florida, so I've definitely got hurricanes/tropical storms on the brain amidst all this bullshit. The contractor put up the last of our accordion shutters yesterday. It's an investment for sure, but it beats having to put up those pain in the rear end manual ones. But I've been incredibly lucky throughout the last few months. I've been outside my house less than six times since March, and two of those were visits to the vet for my dog, two of them were to do curbside pickup at Ikea for office furniture since I'm working from home, and two were socially distanced/masks-on visits to my in-laws who have also been working from home and who have -thankfully- been taking Covid seriously. Been getting groceries delivered since March, also.

I'm also in higher Ed, but I work for a public university that has a very, very small percentage of students living on campus, so the loss of that revenue probably won't hit us too hard. It's also been amazing that my job has said that some people will need to be on campus during the fall, but those who don't want to, flat-out don't have to go. Thankfully there were like 20/30 people in my department who volunteered to man the ship in shifts. Since my wife is immunocompromised, I don't want to risk bringing anything back to her. She's also been able to work from home full time.

But to tie this into toy-talk, I've been practicing retail therapy and buying figures with the money I'm saving on dining-out, tolls, gas, coffee, etc. Even though I have zero interest in MotU, Ghostbusters, or G.I. Joe, you guys' joy and excitement over this stuff has been a nice distraction from the hellscape this country has become. :unsmith:

FIU? FAU? It's okay if you'd rather not say here, but I'm so curious! Drop me an e-mail at saxman2 AT hotmail if you feel like it.