Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

jojoinnit posted:

Omg well now I'm really hoping you're correct cause I'd love that.

Yeah but what would the WLM be then, Our Man Flint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, this was my brother’s guess, but can you really find 4.5 hours of things to talk about with that movie? After “Sofia Coppola is a bad actress” and “Al Pacino forgot how to not just play Al Pacino by part 3”, what’s left? It’s mostly just a forgettable, bad movie that limps across the finish line.

That's what I have been thinking as well. I saw it once and legit don't remember anything from it, it's just such a nothing movie. Maybe a double feature of Prometheus and Alien Covenant?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

B-Rock452 posted:

That's what I have been thinking as well. I saw it once and legit don't remember anything from it, it's just such a nothing movie. Maybe a double feature of Prometheus and Alien Covenant?

Ooooooh this raises an important question of what would be its WLM ep since we know that’s a tie in: Alien or Aliens?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Angry_Ed posted:

Yeah but what would the WLM be then, Our Man Flint?

Wayne's World?

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
500 I feel like warrants either Belushi, Brimley, or Busey. My original guess was Blues Brothers 2000 with the original as the WLM, but I don't see how you pull 4 hours out of that.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
They're cursed by a voodoo witch an hour and a half in and the rest is a battle of the bands.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

B-Rock452 posted:

They like both those movies, so

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So I tried figuring this out on my own and was unable to, but what's the story behind the repeated references to Larry Cohen "trademarking everything" in regards to all the times the licensed music got cut out of Melrose Place/90210 and some other stuff? I couldn't find anything specific about him doing that.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I rewatched Sherlock Holmes recently and it still held up for me.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
I'm pulling for Back To The Future 3 as part of the 500th episode, since the first two are two of my favorite loving episodes.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

God dammit. I forgot that today wouldn't be episode 500, and was actually "only" episode 497.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Ooh, yeah, and then almost any other James Cameron movie for the WLM episode.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

Ooh, yeah, and then almost any other James Cameron movie for the WLM episode.

They already did T2 so it has to be Aliens.

Though I guess it would be hilarious to do Titanic with all their wives guesting.

True Lies would also work though the poorly aged terrorist stereotypes and the Elisa Dushuku abuse would spoil the mood.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Jul 28, 2020

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

True Lies would also work though the poorly aged terrorist stereotypes and the Elisa Dushuku abuse would spoil the mood.

It's really unfortunate, because removed from that, True Lies is one of the best action movies of it's genre. A real love letter to the old school Arnold action blockbuster. Silly but awesome. Scratching that same itch that Last Action Hero was trying to. That harrier jet taking out the Key West Bridge Scene is just amazing. And Bill Paxton is loving hilarious in it.

But...yeah, that poo poo makes it really hard to revisit, and I haven't in many years as a result.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

WLM: The Dark Knight
WHM #500: The Dark Knight Rises but Steve is wearing his Bane mask and talking in his Bane voice the entire time and 3 hours of the episode is alternately riffing on it and being exasperated by it

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
It's just going to be a clip show: Everytime Chris Cabin praises zoo.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Billy Gnosis posted:

It's just going to be a clip show: Everytime Chris Cabin praises zoo.

WHM #500: the gang gets trapped in an elevator

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
They do Eraserhead, and that one guy has a gun to the back of Steve's head.

Arson Daily
Aug 11, 2003

It's Human Centipede 2 and 3. 4.5 hours of dieter lazer impressions and poo poo jokes.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

WLM: The Dark Knight
WHM #500: The Dark Knight Rises but Steve is wearing his Bane mask and talking in his Bane voice the entire time and 3 hours of the episode is alternately riffing on it and being exasperated by it

The Dark Knight Rises wouldn't meet the ten year rule, it came out in 2012.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Longshot guess :The Simpsons Movie

Fits all the hints

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Billy Gnosis posted:

Longshot guess :The Simpsons Movie

Fits all the hints

So what would be the connected WLM?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

So what would be the connected WLM?

drat, nevermind forgot that part.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Oh Sherlock 2009

I actually think this is a totally fine movie. Game of Shadows however is awful.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

Half-serious Guess #1: Hate is The Hobbit, love is Lord of the Rings
Half-serious Guess #2: Love is Schindler's List, hate is Shoah

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Rody One Half posted:

Oh Sherlock 2009

I actually think this is a totally fine movie. Game of Shadows however is awful.

I personally like both, then again I also loved the Guy Ritchie "Man From U.N.C.L.E." film so :shrug:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Billy Gnosis posted:

drat, nevermind forgot that part.

Actually with the James L Brooks connection it still could be a possibility

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

Half-serious Guess #1: Hate is The Hobbit, love is Lord of the Rings
Half-serious Guess #2: Love is Schindler's List, hate is Shoah
If Shoah wasn't a documentary series, it would still be the worst idea possible. Some things are unriffable.

Tbh I'd hate both of these but my dislike for LOTR would make me prefer #2 just because that would have to end up being cringe-incredible if attempted whilst the former would probably just be boring.

Angry_Ed posted:

I personally like both, then again I also loved the Guy Ritchie "Man From U.N.C.L.E." film so :shrug:

:hfive:

Not to cheat on WHM but I listened to another pods episode on it and now I want to do a rewatch:

https://soundcloud.com/david-bell-38198445/we-just-watched-the-man-from-uncle

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

jojoinnit posted:

If Shoah wasn't a documentary series, it would still be the worst idea possible. Some things are unriffable

:thejoke:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

4.5 hours on Satantango

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

I really liked Ritchies Sherlock Holmes but I agree with the boys on Man From U.N.C.L.E. That movie was boring as poo poo despite the great cast. The only thing I remember about that movie is Henry Cavill looking so much like a live action version of Sterling Archer that it was almost creepy.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

AceOfFlames posted:

I really liked Ritchies Sherlock Holmes but I agree with the boys on Man From U.N.C.L.E. That movie was boring as poo poo despite the great cast. The only thing I remember about that movie is Henry Cavill looking so much like a live action version of Sterling Archer that it was almost creepy.

If the end of archer could just be a live action movie... that would be stupendous. H John Benjamin would still voice Archer, Henry Cavill would play him.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

dorium posted:

If the end of archer could just be a live action movie... that would be stupendous. H John Benjamin would still voice Archer, Henry Cavill would play him.

That's my dream casting as well. Archer isn't Archer without Benjamin's voice.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

dorium posted:

If it's Drunk History style then hell yeah

Haha yeah sorry I'd been moving apartments all day and hadn't eaten yet. My tired and hungry brain takes everything seriously I guess.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I hope episode 500 is just a normal length episode with like 2-3 hours of dead air at the end.

GPTribefan
Jul 2, 2007
Something witty yet inspirational about the Cleveland Indians
I mean... it could be the simpsons movie as the WHM, and then the South Park movie as the WLM, right? Theme makes sense, they can do HOURS on the Simpsons and the various references they’ve made over the years, and I remember them saying while the hate the politics of Matt and Trey they loved the movie.....

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GPTribefan posted:

I mean... it could be the simpsons movie as the WHM, and then the South Park movie as the WLM, right? Theme makes sense, they can do HOURS on the Simpsons and the various references they’ve made over the years, and I remember them saying while the hate the politics of Matt and Trey they loved the movie.....

The South Park movie was around what was it, season 3? Well before the show turned political

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

the movie was when matt and trey were still trying to make something entertaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I tried to watch it a few years ago, and that is the most pre-9/11 movie ever made. It is more pre-9/11 than September Tenth, Two Thousand and One.

The "La Resistance" song still loving slaps, though.