Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

DrBouvenstein posted:

Because of a terrible kitchen layout and no storage, the only place to put it is near the door, and I need to use the bottom area to store some pans, lids, and cutting boards. Because they are lower to the floor AND near the door, dirt, hair, etc... get on them. The ones I use frequently are ok, I usually give a rinse anyway to be safe, but some of the lids or pans I don't use get nasty and I am sick of having to basically wash my pans before I use them.

I'm going to get a piece of sheet metal and place it over one end (which is the end right next to the door, other end is against the oven), and hold it in place on the legs with the strong magnets.

You’re more dedicated than I was with that problem. At first I just stored my bowls upside down, but then I glued tiny curtains on. Sheet metal sounds like a whole other level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Lol, that absolutely made my day

For content, bought some skidsteer and hauling services to scrape out a crumbling retaining wall and prep the area for a driveway. Now to find someone to pave it!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I got a thin disc magnet and I stuck it to the side of a metal cabinet and couldn't get it off so now it's just there. (I can still use it for the intended purpose, i.e. to check if something is stainless steel so :shrug:)

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002
Bought an Ibanez SR400QM Quilted bass as a stupid purchase. Currently working on resizing the black knobs I bought. Drill bit should arrive tomorrow.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002
Not sure how to use SA hosting for multiple files, so we get a double post. The bass is just to tide me over while I wait for my BC Rich Ironbird Extreme that apparently is experiencing boat delays from Korea.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

I know nothing about basses but those look cool as hell, very sweet.

OGDanDogg
Sep 16, 2002

Trapick posted:

I know nothing about basses but those look cool as hell, very sweet.

It's highly likely they will end up as rotational living room wall art since I barely remember how to play anymore, but they got both the wife and daughter seal of approval, so I pulled the trigger even though it's stupid. Wife was also happy she didn't have to try to pick out a birthday present for me. I also got a compact headphone amp.

OniPanda
May 13, 2004

OH GOD BEAR

OGDanDogg posted:

Bought an Ibanez SR400QM Quilted bass as a stupid purchase. Currently working on resizing the black knobs I bought. Drill bit should arrive tomorrow.

Wait they made a purple bass that wasn't a mikro? :monocle:

I don't need another bass.....but.....

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Just a FYI, Slickdeals has a link up for those chairs that everyone loves but are crazy expensive. I think it's like 200 bucks off some models.

Might be worth taking a peek at.

Pondex
Jul 8, 2014

OGDanDogg posted:

Not sure how to use SA hosting for multiple files, so we get a double post. The bass is just to tide me over while I wait for my BC Rich Ironbird Extreme that apparently is experiencing boat delays from Korea.

Man, I though the Mockingbird was the most dumbawesome guitar they made but apparently not.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Finally bought this after months of kvetching and a significant price drop

voting third party
Sep 5, 2006
~

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Just a FYI, Slickdeals has a link up for those chairs that everyone loves but are crazy expensive. I think it's like 200 bucks off some models.

Might be worth taking a peek at.

I've wanted an Aeron for a while now since I was able to use one at a work site once and that's only a little cheaper than what you'll usually see out there. If you're patient someone will have them sometimes for $400, like this site seems to have them right now for $475 to $550. That's probably worth it actually, even though it's still a lot of money for a chair...

The Electronaut
May 10, 2009

voting third party posted:

I've wanted an Aeron for a while now since I was able to use one at a work site once and that's only a little cheaper than what you'll usually see out there. If you're patient someone will have them sometimes for $400, like this site seems to have them right now for $475 to $550. That's probably worth it actually, even though it's still a lot of money for a chair...

And like a lot of topics, there’s a thread about office chairs on here. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3383243

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
FOR HOT WEATHER:

what's the top shelf pajamas

what's the top shelf pillow covers and sheets

what's the top shelf pillows

let's get cozy!!!!!!!!!!!!

JIZZ DENOUEMENT has a new favorite as of 02:10 on Jul 27, 2020

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

Hot weather pajamas are your birthday suit, why wear extra clothes when it's this hot.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Trapick posted:

Hot weather pajamas are your birthday suit, why wear extra clothes when it's this hot.

Bonus you get to scare the neighbors.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Double posting because I gave it to my wife and she reads this thread:

Bought and surprised her with this garnett ring. Tiffany bag in the background used as a "gift unrelated to the wrapping" gag.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I bought

A scythe blade

A vice

Another vice (and a pair of tongs)

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My AirPods have lasted me almost 3 years but the battery life is starting to drop and I really want something that cancels noise for when I’m reading outside so I splurged.

Picking them up today, hope they don’t suck.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

My first gen airpods only last a little over an hour on a full charge. It sucks. But the recharge speed is quick.

Saw a ps4 bundle in a pawn shop so I got it. Mostly because I wanted to play Ghost of Tsushima, since I had a lot of interest in the mongol invasions of Japan.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

OGDanDogg posted:

Very nice! Enjoy

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Got this a few weeks ago, before the new sets came out.

I feel as if I may have made a bad decision.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

My first gen airpods only last a little over an hour on a full charge. It sucks. But the recharge speed is quick.

Saw a ps4 bundle in a pawn shop so I got it. Mostly because I wanted to play Ghost of Tsushima, since I had a lot of interest in the mongol invasions of Japan.

I just bought Ghosts of Tsushima as well. And then in my drunken haze decided to buy Madden, NHL, and FIFA (all of them 2020) because they were on sale and I like to play them with my buddies. Then I bought the full version of GTAV for no discernible reason. And then bought about 600mg of medicinal marijuana from my friend.

All of this has lead me to wanting to buy new headphones for my PS4 since I'm gonna probably wind up buying an XBOX One and both new systems once they launch next year or whenever. Since most of my friends are playing everything online I feel like I'm missing out on some good ol' fashioned drunken video game playing. I always like it to be in-person since I'm a social creature, but I don't see this Covid stuff clearing up anytime soon so may as well get used to playing games online again.

I'm assuming nothing has changed with it since the early 2000's.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
How is the Ghost game?

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Rolo posted:

How is the Ghost game?

They did a great job on the art and style.

The swordplay is fairly straightforward. It's not heavy Soulborne combat. I would say the game plays a lot like Witcher 3 minute to minute. The combat is just challenging enough but not frustratingly so.

It's also kind of streamlined for an open world. There aren't a zillion resources to pick up and keep track of, no weapon loot, you keep and upgrade more or less the same weapons all game, they just get better as you upgrade them. There are side quests but there also aren't a bajillion of them all over the place.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rolo posted:

How is the Ghost game?
I thought it was just okay at the beginning, but I beat it last night and thought it got a lot better the further on it went.

LooksLikeABabyRat
Jun 26, 2008

Oh dang, I'd nibble that cheese

skooma512 posted:

The swordplay is fairly straightforward. It's not heavy Soulborne combat. I would say the game plays a lot like Witcher 3 minute to minute. The combat is just challenging enough but not frustratingly so.

I found it too easy for most of the game, but they patched it with a new difficulty that makes it a lot of fun. Instead of everyone being a sponge (including you) 1-2 hits kills most enemies and you on the new lethal difficulty.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I found a place that sells fun socks in 13-17 sizes!

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."
Managed to finally nab a pair of these to upgrade my roller hockey skates

The ones I've been using are absolute garbage and I've been wanting that sweet, sweet thermoform comfort for a while now. The entire roller blade market has been crushed by the pandemic, though, more than I expected, so it's been hard to get a pair.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
My FLGS posted they had five of these come into stock.

I pick mine up Friday. :(

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Xenoletum posted:

My FLGS posted they had five of these come into stock.

I pick mine up Friday. :(

Is this complete and ready to play? Are the miniatures painted?

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

colas posted:

1. Yes! (Though it doesn't have dice or measuring stuff, so maybe that's a "no")
2. Lol no

Teketeketeketeke has a new favorite as of 14:06 on Jul 29, 2020

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

colas posted:

No dice or rulers, miniatures are unpainted and unassembled, comes with the full 9th edition rulebook though.

If you're playing at home with friends, who cares how painted they are when you want to play?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd think painting your army guys would be one of the best parts of playing Warhammer. I liked painting my army guys when I was a kid and they were just those cheap plastic army guys everyone has.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'd think painting your army guys would be one of the best parts of playing Warhammer. I liked painting my army guys when I was a kid and they were just those cheap plastic army guys everyone has.

You could paint those? I thought they were just for meltin'.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

You could paint those? I thought they were just for meltin'.

It’s funny how that was my first experience with burning plastic. Now anytime I smell it I’m like smells like army guys in here.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Board game chattttt! This absolute unit just came in.

I've always been interested in trying it, so I backed Frosthaven which gave me the option to buy a retail copy of Gloomhaven at retail prices. I knew it was big, but didn't know it was 25lbs big. Fiancee and I are just gonna go in blind this weekend. I know the more casual Target exclusive version just came out but I'd rather go for it right out the gate with the OG. :colbert:

I also rented a dumpster for the weekend as I'm finishing my basement and cleaning my garage out. Picture a dumpster in a driveway.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

It’s funny how that was my first experience with burning plastic. Now anytime I smell it I’m like smells like army guys in here.

I think we were subtly nudged to burn them considering there was always that one soldier with a long gun that came out of the bag looking like the barrel overheated and melted.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Xenoletum posted:

No dice or rulers, miniatures are unpainted and unassembled, comes with the full 9th edition rulebook though.

If you're playing at home with friends, who cares how painted they are when you want to play?

Come join us in the trad games thread for 40K if you haven't already!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Tim Whatley posted:

Board game chattttt! This absolute unit just came in.

I've always been interested in trying it, so I backed Frosthaven which gave me the option to buy a retail copy of Gloomhaven at retail prices. I knew it was big, but didn't know it was 25lbs big. Fiancee and I are just gonna go in blind this weekend. I know the more casual Target exclusive version just came out but I'd rather go for it right out the gate with the OG. :colbert:

I also rented a dumpster for the weekend as I'm finishing my basement and cleaning my garage out. Picture a dumpster in a driveway.

We picked this up earlier this quarantine ourselves! It's fun, but really rules heavy and you're gonna figure things out by just playing. I highly HIGHLY recommend that you pick up some plano 3600 storage boxes, and a single 3601 box. On top of that you're going to want to store the floor tiles in an accordian folder, or if you'd rather, just get one of the storage solutions on amazon. The game explodes everywhere if you don't have a plan in place.

tangy yet delightful posted:

Come join us in the trad games thread for 40K if you haven't already!

I'm there, lurking. I never feel confident enough to post on those types of things, mostly cause I've never touched the game before and I don't know a single thing, so I don't want to be the one asking so many questions.