Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Considering they apparently listen to critique in some fashion I think the best way would just be to keep giving the app negative reviews on both app stores.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Wow thats a shocking review chart, I'd hold hope that they are going to listen to the criticism and react accordingly but yeah wow not a good look.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Wow thats a shocking review chart, I'd hold hope that they are going to listen to the criticism and react accordingly but yeah wow not a good look.

When I saw the reviews I was like "nerds are being nerds" but then I investigated more and looked at goonhammer... It's not a good look for sure.

It kind of sucks because azyr is honestly quite good.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Oh wow, I figured it was getting slammed in reviews but didn't realize it was going to be that hard.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Thank you JBP/Stephenls for Indomitus help!

I swear last question - can the Assault Intercessor Sgt. change out their chainsword for something else?

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Thank you JBP/Stephenls for Indomitus help!

I swear last question - can the Assault Intercessor Sgt. change out their chainsword for something else?

Not yet. Maybe their codex datasheet will allow it later. 8e Intercessor sergeants kept getting new gear options as new kits came out, and even regular Intercessors got that grenade launcher upgrade after their multibuild kit released that they didn't have in the Dark Imperium sheets.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

moths posted:

$5 for an edition's worth of codexes seemed like a good deal, but then you don't actually get the codex - just cliffsnotes.

I cannot recommend this app.

I've been wondering if the old 8th ed stuff is going to disappear from the app as soon as new codexes drop, and you will have to pay for those

bij
Feb 24, 2007

BaronVanAwesome posted:

To anyone that's opened up/built Indomitus - are the captain's 3 helmet options separate heads or just a visor piece you can fiddle with?

If heads, the second question - is the Judiciar's head swappable/would one of those captain heads fit?

Here's the three heads:

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

The app existing so far is worse than not having it at all, because I'm assuming the app is why they've stopped releasing the iBook and ePub versions of things. The pyschic awakening books in general don't seem to have enhanced iBook versions, and I don't see any ePubs for chapter approved 2020 or the 9th edition core book.

Preem Palver
Jul 5, 2007

Snail Information posted:

I've been wondering if the old 8th ed stuff is going to disappear from the app as soon as new codexes drop, and you will have to pay for those

They've said that's the plan. The subscription is mainly for the as yet unreleased army builder, access to the current faction rules and datasheets is just a bonus. Once the 9th edition codex drops for a faction, they're removing the 8th rules for it from the app and you'll have to buy the physical codex and put in an included code to then have access it in the app.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

bij posted:

Here's the three heads:

Imagine not using a helmet in space combat

(I'm gonna give the captain the helmet-with-visor-up and the full helmet to the Judiciar because his normal head is uh)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
My best friend since I was 4 and I used to always split the core box when it came out - He would take the xenos, and I would take the Imperium. He died last Friday after a year-long fight with brain, lung and bone cancer. I would like to, free of charge, send the Necron component of Indominitous to one lucky goon, anywhere in the world. Would this be likely to cause problems?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Chainclaw posted:

The app existing so far is worse than not having it at all, because I'm assuming the app is why they've stopped releasing the iBook and ePub versions of things. The pyschic awakening books in general don't seem to have enhanced iBook versions, and I don't see any ePubs for chapter approved 2020 or the 9th edition core book.

Prior to 9th officially releasing I couldn't even find the 8th edition epub on Warhammer Digital. My suspicion is that they never made a digital version? But I don't know that for sure.

Weird that they don't have Enhanced Editor for the PA books, they do for the codices 🤷‍♂️

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Clawtopsy posted:

My best friend since I was 4 and I used to always split the core box when it came out - He would take the xenos, and I would take the Imperium. He died last Friday after a year-long fight with brain, lung and bone cancer. I would like to, free of charge, send the Necron component of Indominitous to one lucky goon, anywhere in the world. Would this be likely to cause problems?

I can't imagine there being a problem with giving someone free stuff?

:shrug:

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer
So GW reported record profits again and loving Arch is claiming that it's proof that his letter writing campaign saved GW and that they'll knock off the 'diversity garbage'.

An asteroid can't hit earth soon enough.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Stop giving Arch views, traffic, or a platform even if you think you're mocking him.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Clawtopsy posted:

Weird question but which is the best mod of this sub to PM about getting permission for giving some prize stuff away?

I think Renee? Leperflesh is acting IK and would be able to tell you for sure.

E: Oh friend, you don't need permission to give stuff away and under those circumstances I think you'd be forgiven even if you did.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Cheers. That's what I thought the answer would be but I was hoping I was wrong.

FWIW, he's got a huge sword and voluminous cape that increase his profile. This is him violating a Fallen's personal space:

Duct Tape
Sep 30, 2004

Huh?

Clawtopsy posted:

Sorry for your loss. That really sucks :(

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Can anyone recommend me a 40k podcast that’s any good? I’m happy with lore, news and general chat but not bothered about in-depth tactics discussion. I like the Badcast but there’s not enough of it, and I don’t want to risk getting fifty episodes deep into something else only to hear the host suddenly launch into how tyranids are secretly space Jews or whatever.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Okay. I'll post up some wacky raffle ideas when I'm less sleep deprived.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Sanford posted:

Can anyone recommend me a 40k podcast that’s any good? I’m happy with lore, news and general chat but not bothered about in-depth tactics discussion. I like the Badcast but there’s not enough of it, and I don’t want to risk getting fifty episodes deep into something else only to hear the host suddenly launch into how tyranids are secretly space Jews or whatever.

There's always Independent Characters. And Carl and his gang are some solid people.
http://theindependentcharacters.com/blog/

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Independent Characters and The Battlehosts are the 2 I enjoy most

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Sump City Radio is (obvs.) Necromunda-centric but the couple of episodes I caught were q.deece?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Strobe posted:

Stop giving Arch views, traffic, or a platform even if you think you're mocking him.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Sanford posted:

I'm going to plug my podcast here:
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/tabletop-dropouts/id1521848315

We're really new, and we talk about lots of different stuff, but I can promise there will never be a tirade like the one you describe. We also talk about other cool stuff. Feel free to listen.

R0ckfish
Nov 18, 2013
I recently finished Szeras! Such a fantastic model and I hyped to get going on my new crons from the box.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Clawtopsy posted:

So sorry to hear that, thoughts and vibes to both you and the family.

MRLOLAST
May 9, 2013
For SoB I highly recommend sister's act 40k. They are only about sister's though but very in depth.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

BaronVanAwesome posted:

(I'm gonna give the captain the helmet-with-visor-up and the full helmet to the Judiciar because his normal head is uh)

I put the bare head on and want to mount his helmet somewhere on his belt or amour

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

BaronVanAwesome posted:

Cowards Die in Shame

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Clawtopsy posted:

Weird question but which is the best mod of this sub to PM about getting permission for giving some prize stuff away?

I give you my blessing Clawtopsy :)

e: unless you're a bigot or fascist in which case go gently caress yourself

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

moths posted:

Having pushed several of these together, I can assure you that it's not viable at all with the warriors.

I posted this earlier and would like to issue a retraction!

The way the necron warriors are designed is really drat clever. The (weapon and arm bit) plugs into the other arm and the torso, but are not additionally secured by the torso front - there's just a small plastic "stake" anchoring the shoulder in place.

So it actually is possible to swap guns if you'd like, and doesn't require disassembling the torso like I initially thought.

It's probably a pain (the guns are specifically paired), but reassuring to know I'm not ruining models if I hate reapers.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

JIZZ DENOUEMENT posted:

I give you my blessing Clawtopsy :)

e: unless you're a bigot or fascist in which case go gently caress yourself

i am bigoted against arch warhammer

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Okay. I think my rules will be simple.

If you want to win the Necron Half of Indomitus mailed to your doorstep, along with some other minor goodies, I will be doing a raffle on Friday, 7th of August. You can have two raffle tickets - Here's how you get them.

Ticket 1: Tell me how you would paint your acquisition. I'm not expecting huge detail, here. I just like to get inspired by hearing about painting!

Ticket 2: Tell me about a really positive experience you had once with a hobby pal. Doesn't have to be long. This could be "We would always get together to play a game and end up drinking too much and watching Terminator 2 for some reason" or "I was really inspired with how great an opponent he was here's how".

In the name of fairness, I'll be putting every forums name into a Wheel Decide and sending the link to JIZZ DENOUEMENT for impartiality! Your submissions are due by 5PM PST, August 7th.

Thanks! I hope to see some cheerful stuff!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

When you're not mad, posting on the forums < --------------- > When you're Definitely not mad, posting on the forums

Werix posted:

Yeah, I just had my first experiments in magnetizing a hellbrute and a daemon prince. The hellbrute went great. The daemon prince I messed up and didnt drill deep enough, but I think I can position the pauldron at the right angle that shoulder joint will be mostly hidden.

This is what green stuff is for and it's even appropriate because Daemons are supposed to have unnatural proportions!

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Ticket 1: Tell me how you would paint your acquisition. So I've really been digging contrast paint, especially over a metal base coat. So if I got some metal bone boys, I'd base them in a shiny metallic silver, and apply a nice dark contrast, like flesh tearers red or levadon blue. Then I'd do some metallic dry brushing and some chipping to make it look like their shiny paint is flaking off.

Ticket 2: Tell me about a really positive experience you had once with a hobby pal. So I've not been in the hobby long, but the best is about 2 months ago my 16 year old niece was visiting the wife and I for two weeks. After about 5 days she asked to see my minis, and then asked how to play. I mostly play Kill Team, so teaching would be easy.

Over the following four days I taught her to play, slowly introducing concepts. Once we got to full playing, she beat me 2-1. My one victory came when I finally pulled out my Thousand Sons and had the benefit of the psychic phase.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Werix posted:

Ticket 1: Tell me how you would paint your acquisition. So I've really been digging contrast paint, especially over a metal base coat. So if I got some metal bone boys, I'd base them in a shiny metallic silver, and apply a nice dark contrast, like flesh tearers red or levadon blue. Then I'd do some metallic dry brushing and some chipping to make it look like their shiny paint is flaking off.

Ticket 2: Tell me about a really positive experience you had once with a hobby pal. So I've not been in the hobby long, but the best is about 2 months ago my 16 year old niece was visiting the wife and I for two weeks. After about 5 days she asked to see my minis, and then asked how to play. I mostly play Kill Team, so teaching would be easy.

Over the following four days I taught her to play, slowly introducing concepts. Once we got to full playing, she beat me 2-1. My one victory came when I finally pulled out my Thousand Sons and had the benefit of the psychic phase.

Easy as pie! You go in The Wheel!

Did I modify the wheel to use hexcode colors for some citadel paints? I'll never tell.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I'd love a Necron half to fill out my brand new Necron army but I already got an Indomitus box so it feels bad potentially taking it from someone who hasn't gotten one.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Eej posted:

I'd love a Necron half to fill out my brand new Necron army but I already got an Indomitus box so it feels bad potentially taking it from someone who hasn't gotten one.

I don't mind who enters provided they want the models :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

Clawtopsy posted:

Okay. I think my rules will be simple.

If you want to win the Necron Half of Indomitus mailed to your doorstep, along with some other minor goodies, I will be doing a raffle on Friday, 7th of August. You can have two raffle tickets - Here's how you get them.

Ticket 1: Tell me how you would paint your acquisition. I'm not expecting huge detail, here. I just like to get inspired by hearing about painting!

Ticket 2: Tell me about a really positive experience you had once with a hobby pal. Doesn't have to be long. This could be "We would always get together to play a game and end up drinking too much and watching Terminator 2 for some reason" or "I was really inspired with how great an opponent he was here's how".

In the name of fairness, I'll be putting every forums name into a Wheel Decide and sending the link to JIZZ DENOUEMENT for impartiality! Your submissions are due by 5PM PST, August 7th.

Thanks! I hope to see some cheerful stuff!

Replied to this in your PMs. Thank you for the opportunity!

Edit: holy hell I'm stupid. I misread the first part of that that said Necron half. Either way, the message stands. I've never given much thought as to how I'd paint necrons, but I think a scheme like this would be cool as gently caress to have:

Kabuki Shipoopi fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jul 30, 2020