Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

It would come out of his estate, if anything it might be easier the estate doesn't have any incentive to protect his ego or drag things out to put pain on his victims and critics. Assets get sold or disbursed debts get paid everything gets settled. No Vic stirring poo poo up to smear the defendants anymore.

Otoh it seems likely his Mom would be in charge of things if he dies so :shrug:

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Jun 27, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

Hub Cat posted:

It would come out of his estate, if anything it might be easier the estate doesn't have any incentive to protect his ego or drag things out to put pain on his victims and critics. Assets get sold or disbursed debts get paid everything gets settled. No Vic stirring poo poo up to smear the defendants anymore.

Otoh it seems likely his Mom would be in charge of things if he dies so :shrug:

Wasn't Ty originally his and his mom's estate planning attorney anyways? Whomever administers his estate probably wouldn't get the best advice as to whether to appeal.

Also, reading his firm's website is hilarious; he's not the only attorney there who has several specializations that have nothing to do with one another. We all laughed at Ty, the estate planning lawyer, trying this case, but his partner handles "real estate, estate planning and probate, sports & entertainment law, special needs law, special needs trusts, and agency and management [SIC]." That's enough specialization for three attorneys.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

tasukiscool posted:

Wasn't Ty originally his and his mom's estate planning attorney anyways? Whomever administers his estate probably wouldn't get the best advice as to whether to appeal.

I had that same dark thought but my concern is Vic's mom literally runs his fan club and already tried to help him hide assets once can't see her not running interference on them trying to enforce the judgment possibly while smearing the Ds some more.

Edit: To answer the question my recollection is that Ty is involved in something to do with Nick a trust from his grandfather(?) I think and the only involvement he had with Vic's mom was the aforementioned asset hiding when they transferred Vic's house into a trust.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 28, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Hub Cat posted:

Edit: To answer the question my recollection is that Ty is involved in something to do with Nick a trust from his grandfather(?) I think and the only involvement he had with Vic's mom was the aforementioned asset hiding when they transferred Vic's house into a trust.

Correct. Ty is a friend of Nick's family who did their estate planning stuff in Texas for ages, which might also include being the guy who doles out Nick's monthly trust. It sure makes Nick putting together a giant slush fund for Ty all the more legal and aboveboard, huh?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Zeether posted:

He's coming to one in FL and the con's Facebook is deleting all negative comments about him. It's not a con I've heard of so I'm guessing the founder's a chud, heard that pretty much every well known con here has blacklisted him.

One of the other cons Vic is confirmed for is Anime Matsuri in Houston, which is a well known CHUD con, whose founder has a history of sex pestery and not paying his guests/staff. Of course they say they’re still going on despite the epidemic (despite Texas being the new epicenter of the outbreak).

Their rep is so bad that most US anime industry people know to avoid the con (except people like Vic), but apparently they have deep enough pockets to bring over Japanese guests (including Aina Kusada of Love Live fame last year, which led to a campaign of her fans attempting to warn her off of going due to the con’s rep, and the usual suspects seeing this as “SJW interference in a con’s operation!”) to headline their con. At least it definitely looks like that won’t be an option this year.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

There was a new filing by Rial/Toye on the fee appeal. Should be the last filing before they decide on oral arguments.
https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1281375467468206081?s=20
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1281618872718721026?s=20

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Jul 11, 2020

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

And a brief check-in with the ISWV crowd that oddly still exists and... oh, yeah, that's about right.

https://twitter.com/marchimark/status/1286761001782738944

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Jesus christ.

Update on the con poo poo, he was at a booth near Collective Con in Jacksonville a couple of weeks ago and was posing for pictures with fans without a mask on because that was an option.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Zeether posted:

Jesus christ.

Update on the con poo poo, he was at a booth near Collective Con in Jacksonville a couple of weeks ago and was posing for pictures with fans without a mask on because that was an option.

Let’s be honest. People who don’t believe in the mask and stand with Vic are a circle

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zeether posted:

Jesus christ.

Anyone going to a con in Florida right now is already loving around at a level beyond what wearing a mask is going to mitigate.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
lmao florida is still running in-person cons

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Y’know, I got around to watching the Ghost Stories dub on Crunchyroll recently.

And holy gently caress, is the episode Vic voided the ghost of the week (and was the butt of some jokes) really... awkward, in light of what we all know now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Phobophilia posted:

lmao florida is still running in-person cons

I'm sure that con is the exception rather than the norm. Also Jason David Frank was there apparently.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Regalingualius posted:

Y’know, I got around to watching the Ghost Stories dub on Crunchyroll recently.

And holy gently caress, is the episode Vic voided the ghost of the week (and was the butt of some jokes) really... awkward, in light of what we all know now.

At least the joke about him being a creep holds up!

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm sure that con is the exception rather than the norm. Also Jason David Frank was there apparently.
Yeah that con and some other one in WPB were two exceptions, think there was another one recently too. Everyone else has canceled.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Xelkelvos posted:

Not surprised. that dude is a Chud

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Was JDF's CHUD moment when he was talking about how we all need to be open carrying all the time?

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Jesus didn't tap

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

the other week i got rune factory 4 special for switch.

if you're wondering why i'm bringing this up it's because i went to gamefaqs to look up the guide for it and found out there is a ongoing thread about vic because he voiced a character in the game (i did not know this) which started six months ago and is still going on. and to be fair, the game came out in 2013 so they probably kept the same work they did the first time since this is a switch remaster and not a remake.

it is definitely full of ISWV and anti-SJW chuds, although shout out to the lone individuals who keep going in to call them and vic out.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/258612-rune-factory-4-special/78366944

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Why do i care about this gamefaqs thread

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know, why do you?

Personally I don't really but it is kind of neat that visibility is being given to vic's abuses I guess

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

yeah it was basically me catching up on the thread and someone asked in one of the many posts "where are all the ISWV stans rn" or something along the lines and i thought of the gamefaqs thread.

people are still blindly defending him which is frustrating but also unsurprising given that it's gamefaqs.

it was just something that caught me off guard because i didn't realize that he was 1) in the game and 2) voicing a character that you could marry. it's a good thing the game comes with dual audio so i just switched to japanese and now i never have to hear him again!

Arkovic
Jul 14, 2010

Splash Attack posted:

yeah it was basically me catching up on the thread and someone asked in one of the many posts "where are all the ISWV stans rn" or something along the lines and i thought of the gamefaqs thread.

people are still blindly defending him which is frustrating but also unsurprising given that it's gamefaqs.

it was just something that caught me off guard because i didn't realize that he was 1) in the game and 2) voicing a character that you could marry. it's a good thing the game comes with dual audio so i just switched to japanese and now i never have to hear him again!

I think Vic is only the voice of Vishnal in the 3DS version. He was apparantly replaced with Michael Sinterniklaas for Special according to a couple websites and the game manual.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Sinterniklaas is a sex pest, too, which had rattled the venture bros community.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
That's the first I've heard about Sinterniklass being a piece of poo poo. What happened with him?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Scratchman Apoo posted:

That's the first I've heard about Sinterniklass being a piece of poo poo. What happened with him?

Here's something I grabbed with a quick google. I won't say I'm the most knowledgeable but it was a topic of conversation in the venture bros thread for a while.

https://critgemhero.wordpress.com/2018/10/23/so-yeah-marisha-telling-her-story-which-is-way/

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
What a creep. Thanks for sharing.

I always want to assume the best of these actors meeting fans, but there's no way it's all just innocent hugs and "Oops, sorry!" Kinda like that Vic Mignogna guy.

gently caress outta here.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Let's check in with the frosted tipped wonder himself!

https://twitter.com/KathrynTewson/status/1299390036966690817

Sad trombone.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I would pay a convention double if they could promise me Vic would not be there

gninjagnome
Apr 17, 2003

Wonder if this was prompted because ReedPop, who runs NYCC, ECCC and C2E2, just announced an online meet a greet with some voice actors from DragonBall Z, including Monica Rial, but did not include Vic.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

gninjagnome posted:

Wonder if this was prompted because ReedPop, who runs NYCC, ECCC and C2E2, just announced an online meet a greet with some voice actors from DragonBall Z, including Monica Rial, but did not include Vic.

Should invite Johnny Yong Bosch just to really stick the knife in.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Kurieg posted:

Should invite Johnny Yong Bosch just to really stick the knife in.

To be a fly on the wall if Vic ever saw “Johnny Yong Bosch - Voice of BROLY“

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Always remember:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Pretty sure all of us who are in the con planning scene have our own “little agenda” to some extent. And I don’t like to think about what some of our “ paying attendees” DO want...

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Agent Escalus posted:

Pretty sure all of us who are in the con planning scene have our own “little agenda” to some extent. And I don’t like to think about what some of our “ paying attendees” DO want...

As someone who ran the guest department for a con, I can assure you, "what the paying attendees want" never crossed my mind.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Agent Escalus posted:

:shudder: :barf:

"HEY guys there's a really vocal sub on our conforums that want to see something called "Boko no Pic-- hey wait why are you throwing me out of the rooooom"

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

FilthyImp posted:

:shudder: :barf:

"HEY guys there's a really vocal sub on our conforums that want to see something called "Boko no Pic-- hey wait why are you throwing me out of the rooooom"

That meme is older than...well, not older than me but its pretty drat old.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Covok posted:

That meme is older than...well, not older than me but its pretty drat old.
There's a Pico meme? :stonk:

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

There's a Pico meme? :stonk:

Q: Whats this anime?
A: *lies* Boku no Pico

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!