Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Can anyone recommend a good mod that reduces spell costs as your skill increases? And/or a mod that does a rebalance of spell costs for poorly balanced spells.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Solarin posted:

Can anyone recommend a good mod that reduces spell costs as your skill increases? And/or a mod that does a rebalance of spell costs for poorly balanced spells.

I can't find the one I used last time, but I found this one

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45058/

which looks good and combines another function I like, more xp for more expensive spells so you don't feel the need to spam cheap spells constantly when you get powerful enough to cast bigger spells.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Skwirl posted:

I can't find the one I used last time, but I found this one

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/45058/

which looks good and combines another function I like, more xp for more expensive spells so you don't feel the need to spam cheap spells constantly when you get powerful enough to cast bigger spells.

Thank you for this, looks like this will get me about 70% of the way toward what I was after.

Update on my khajit: I powergamed a bit too hard and am like level 40 right as I finished the third trial. I decided to start up a new character and avoid a few especially cheesy strategies like a one second fortify attribute spell to get around training skills above their governing attribute.

On my last character I encountered the boots of blinding speed quest for the first time ever and I swear to god I don't know how I never walked down that road before. Since I couldn't use them on the khajit I figured I'd try them out with the new character. What a ridiculous item. I can't make up my mind on if the designer who put them in was aware of how easily the blind effect was to circumvent.

So I'm running around fast and dabbling in alchemy so I expect the characters power will spiral out of control very soon

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Tried to reinstall this after finally finishing Witcher 3, googled a guide posted on Nexus Mods and ended up with basically the essential mods from the OP, but could NOT get the enhanced textures to load.

Looking at the OP, I see that I didn't install to C:, didn't make sure I was running as admin, and didn't change a graphics setting in game after changing the date (also changed the dates with a cmd prompt I googled instead of using wyremash). Frustrating to spend my evening troubleshooting rather than playing, but I know it'll be worth it once I get it done.

I'm going to start over with a fresh install to C:, following the OP and using Mod Organizer 2, and installing the essential mods in the OP and the recently posted map mod. I'll cry here for help if I can't get it, always appreciate you all when I inevitably return to Morrowind.

Edit: I'm playing with the French language version installed from Steam, hopefully that doesn't matter.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Jul 29, 2020

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

Edit: I'm playing with the French language version installed from Steam, hopefully that doesn't matter.

Most mods that affect dialogue (ie any that arent just textures, including tamriel rebuilt and some patch mods) wont work on nonenglish

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ugh, the language is important me. Do you know if the patches in the OP would be affected? The code, optimization, and purist patches?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Jack B Nimble posted:

Ugh, the language is important me. Do you know if the patches in the OP would be affected? The code, optimization, and purist patches?

Mcp supports multiple language binaries, optimization is just textures so that is fine

purist requires english mw, as does its predecessor mpp

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Ok, I think those high res textures only requires MGE XE, so I may be able to get a list of noneglish compatible mods I can work with; I'm really more interested in updating the graphics than patching the gameplay (or at least, I can live with that limitation if I have to), so maybe I can make this work.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Jack B Nimble posted:

For the patch, look here: https://morromods.wiwiland.net/spip.php?article1022

Since a lot of bugs are in dialogues (and they're not necessarily the exact same bugs as in the original English version, either), most of the PNO was made from scratch instead of translating whichever version of the Unofficial Morrowind Patch was mainstream back then.

Wiwiland is basically the main site for TES mods in French, there's a bunch of stuff there, some of which are translated versions of English-language mods, but there's also a fair number of original creations.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
That's absolutely what I should be doing, thanks. I'm not at all fluent so "french internet" isn't something I know anything about, beyond lemonde.fr and fr.wikipedia.org.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Je suis Nerevarine

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Je suis nes pas nerevarine, je suis le nouvelle partie. Le nouvelle partie pour toujours.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Hon hon hon ze end of ze words is BAGUETTE

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Climb my rear end to the bottom of a tomb guarded by mimes and protecting a pedophile author, at the bottom read about B A G U E T T E

Got the mods up and running in nonenglish, thank you all! Now I just have to live with choosing medium armor!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

D'agoth L'ur welcomes you, Nerevour, mon ami. But to this place where destiny is made. Why have you come without wine?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

lol

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I forgot to make enchanted items cost more when running the code patch, will it corrupt my saves if I run it again?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

No

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Ftfy

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
The ending of the words is ALM SI OUI

Lord Awkward
Feb 16, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Ftfy Ccpt

corrigé ça pour toi

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'll tell you this, I'm really appreciating the simplified grammar of my good buddy Habasi 'Dent-de-Sucre'.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i pronounce n'wah like it's french

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
n'oix

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

i know that's not how the VA pronounces it and i don't care, they don't say ES-wit and they shouldn't say EN-wah

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME
It's okay, they have an N'wah pass.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Doc Hawkins posted:

i know that's not how the VA pronounces it and i don't care, they don't say ES-wit and they shouldn't say EN-wah

Lol, somebody needs to go back and re-read "Dark Elven As She Is Spoke". It's in the inn in Ebonhart.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Pardon, mais c'est Coeurébène.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

It didn't occur to me until now that there isn't wine in Vvardenfell

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

kazr posted:

It didn't occur to me until now that there isn't wine in Vvardenfell

dunmer aren't snooty wine snobs like the rest of tamriel

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
You're wrong. Shein is a comberry wine according to the item codes.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

It's mildly concerning that I instantly thought this as soon as I read that post. Lore so deep I can tell you about fictional alcoholic drinks of Morrowind

BTW did anyone else amass a collection of drinks to pile up in your house? Every house I had would have a collection of vintage brandy, Dagoth brandy, skooma, etc in the corner somewhere.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Hell yeah

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Cantorsdust posted:

Dagoth brandy

dagoth ur should have just gone all in on his distillery imo

who needs akulakhan when you've got spirits straight from red mountain

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Who has time for booze when you’re hopped up on moon sugar 24/7

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Cantorsdust posted:

BTW did anyone else amass a collection of drinks to pile up in your house? Every house I had would have a collection of vintage brandy, Dagoth brandy, skooma, etc in the corner somewhere.

I mostly stacked them up in front of Creeper (the ones I couldn't sell anyway).

gently caress you, Creeper for not buying potions.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!
Quote is not edit

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

https://www.nexusmods.com/morrowind/mods/48626
"Cliff Racer Grabs You"
oh no no no no

https://streamable.com/5r7dit

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008