Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

AHAHAHAH ... too good if true

Chris and erin looking a little heavy these days to be sword dancing ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Thuorn posted:

I would post a link to her nip slip... But I cant keep getting banned from every site I go to.... lololol

I think we're better off that you could find the restraint.

Danknificent
Nov 20, 2015

Jinkies! Looks like we've got a mystery on our hands.
The part about handing over the controller

:bisonyes:

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Wonder who laughed?

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

Golli posted:

Wonder who laughed?

My money’s on combover producer guy

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Golli posted:

Wonder who laughed?

Tony Z, he’s been at this for decades now.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
But guys! The cultists said that the 10% of the company that the investors bought for a large chunk of change was too small to control development! Chris is still the majority shareholder, remember?

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug
Turbulent have a couple of vacancies for Star Citizen. One is a Tools Developer. How many tools does this game need?

https://turbulent.ca/join-us/

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

This must be Freelancer 2.0.

Next they'll eject Crobits and put someone that can make the game in charge.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Thuorn posted:

I would post a link to her nip slip... But I cant keep getting banned from every site I go to.... lololol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

So what's your story new goon?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Dooguk posted:

Turbulent have a couple of vacancies for Star Citizen. One is a Tools Developer. How many tools does this game need?

https://turbulent.ca/join-us/

Well, they currently need a tool to make a roadmap.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Star Citizer: We talked about injecting more Squadron 42 content

edit: actually just cut off "content".

Viscous Soda fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Jul 30, 2020

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Colostomy Bag posted:

So what's your story new goon?

Must've bought an Idris, no?

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

I'm going all in on land claims ..... you are going to have to pay if you want to land your Idris here.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

no_recall posted:

Next they'll eject Crobits and put someone that can make the game in charge.

They can't eject him without risking the fans turning and the funding evaporating. Best case is they sit him in the corner with a coloring book and a box of crayons.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

no_recall posted:

II called it exactly a „Freelancer Deja Vu“ in one of our SC threads years ago and made fun of the Shitizens who fantasized about CIG selling/licensing assets and Star Engine technics to other studios to generate revenue.
Because it was obvious many years ago that someone has to buy out Chris Robbers, AGAIN.

He promised he will never sell shares in such a amount that would allow a takeover of control.

CR and his Clan (= 5 people IIRC?) already took, what, 5-8 % of all fundings and investments home in the last 9 years, so 20-30 Million Dollars?

Maybe CR is just cashing out more and more. The idiots still force record fundings and that’s the peak, the best time ever to pitch investments and selling shares.

The SQ404 disaster won’t change much, the whales are resilient and the last years are proof that the SC diehards are immune to delays, lies,fake trailers and non-news.

Once the backers hear and read that an extern developer is „helping“ and structurally leading the development to ensure quality and progress under the eyes of CIG, backers will celebrate this and we will reach the 400 Million Dollar milestone.

The narrative will be that CR has less screen time because he manages the dynamic change management and SC and SQ are taking huge steps forward now.
This time it’s true!

CIG is not done, they will regain moment, again.
Sunk cost galaxy.

Mr.PayDay fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 30, 2020

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Isn't this already a year of record funding (according to their tracker)

Amazing.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
I haven't checked on this dumpster fire in over a year but I'm seeing blogs about it everywhere now. Are we in the End Times of CIG as the prophecy foretold?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

no_recall posted:

Must've bought an Idris, no?

Who hasn't?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

:sandance: :bisonyes: :sandance:

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

AbstractNapper posted:

Isn't this already a year of record funding (according to their tracker)

Amazing.

Absolutely and while it’s entertaining to make fun of CI not G’s failings it’s a pattern in our Goons SC threads the last years that we feel there is the dusk at the horizon and CI not G might be done, soon.
lol no.
They survived the dramas and lies and the empty and boring piece of poo poo PTU all the years, and I am looking forward how we :allbuttons: and :dogbutton: and :psyduck: to the reality of the next milestones and CI not G surviving 2021 as well and took the 350 million funds raised milestone because in 2022, they will promise, SQ42 CH1 will finally be released !

While we had most correct educated guesses and Agents leaks and where right in our estimates what they will butcher and delay next, this thread is wrong since 2015 when and how CI not G will take a toll and give up and the project is done.

It’s often as funny as Joe Blobers and Vertisce in their hilarious propaganda crusade.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Mr.PayDay posted:

II called it exactly a „Freelancer Deja Vu“ in one of our SC threads years ago and made fun of the Shitizens who fantasized about CIG selling/licensing assets and Star Engine technics to other studios to generate revenue.
Because it was obvious many years ago that someone has to buy out Chris Robbers, AGAIN.

He promised he will never sell shares in such a amount that would allow a takeover of control.

CR and his Clan (= 5 people IIRC?) already took, what, 5-8 % of all fundings and investments home in the last 9 years, so 20-30 Million Dollars?

I've mentioned this before, but a controlling share of the company isn't the same as controlling the company. If the investor's money is what's keeping CIG afloat, and the removal of that money sinks CIG immediately, then that investor has control even if they only own 1% of the shares.

The only reason this weird situation arises is because CIG is a fake development company with a fake valuation, no products, and no income stream beyond charity. The concept of "controlling shares" only really works if a company is real and the valuation is accurate or in the ballpark.

That said, the best part of the TheAgent's post for me was the investors asking what happens if they try to play off script. I bet you 10 to 1 that Turbulent is starting to wrest control of the product from CIG. Mentioning to the investors how much cheaper they can make it, and telling them which armor-piercing questions to ask during a demo. If that's the game they're playing, Chris is absolutely hosed.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
Hell we used to have a prediction thread back when SC was its own subforum about when CIG would go under.

I think I picked *2017*.

At this point I want this shambling corpse to go on for as long as possible.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

This fit so neatly into speculative thread assumptions about Calder-era difficulties and pressures that I have no choice but to believe it and love it.

We have all paid a high price in :lol:s since the Calder-era fully kicked off and Chris’s retreat into shadows began. Sandi gone, Erin nearly gone, Chris phoning it in once-a-quarter and doing so in a group so he can use them for cover.

...if this is the price we must pay, it’s still worth it. Because if true, then it’s only a matter of time before the :lol:s we’ve been denied return, in some form we’ve not yet seen, and at a scale worthy of the joke.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2020/07/8-years-in-star-citizen-fans-are-increasingly-upset-that-star-citizen-is-still-being-star-citizen/

"While the wider world has accepted that Star Citizen (and its singleplayer spin-off Squadron 42 campaign) are perhaps never coming out..."

:vince:

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

quote:

Give an explanation of the goals of our new Roadmap and what to expect from it
Show a rough mockup of the proposed new Roadmap
Share a work in progress version of the Roadmap for at least one of our core teams
And then finally transition to this new Roadmap

"The backers want to know what's going on with the game?!"

"Let's update the updating system so that we can provide a better Roadmap for when they'll eventually get updates about the game".

loving lol.

EDIT: My only solace is that Chris is the sort of egotistical moron to sniff his own poo poo and believe that he's the Next Big Thing. I think it will personally hurt him if he fails on SC. I think he'll convince himself it wasn't his fault a month later but for that split second when he gets the word he's no longer in charge, it'll be enough for me (though I wouldn't mind more, of course).

UnknownTarget fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jul 30, 2020

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Now listen up FUDsters and ingrates. Crobear isn't being sidelined or whatever you'd like to believe in your tiny, warped and not knowledgeable about game development minds.

He's just hibernating right now.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

biglads posted:

Now listen up FUDsters and ingrates. Crobear isn't being sidelined or whatever you'd like to believe in your tiny, warped and not knowledgeable about game development minds.

:hmmyes:

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

Derek Smart was right :patriot:

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

quote:

Turbulent is taking over more and more development responsibilities, because they can plan and hit target dates and the investors like that. [Turbulent] mentioned that they could do the game for a tenth of what [Roberts] promised. I'm scared they might wrestle away more and more control and let our studio close.

Freelancer 42...

Star Citizen: A Turbulent development

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Freelancer 42...

Star Citizen: because they can plan and hit target dates and the investors like that

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

biglads posted:

https://youtu.be/NpwdcmjBgNA

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

Strangler 42 posted:

They can't eject him without risking the fans turning and the funding evaporating. Best case is they sit him in the corner with a coloring book and a box of crayons.

Actually i think it would be better for them if they came out.

Right commando's , we love SC and Chris has done awesome getting the ball rolling but lets face it progress has been glacial so he's taking a a very distant back seat now and new players have come in to run the show.

This is were we are actually at, no more sugar coating plans with dreams. Here is the new plan to finish, i know this is disappointing and we know you have herd this a bunch of times before but there has been a big change in management, we have even brought in some external experts to help us with this. here are their resumes. They have also ticked off the new schedule as do-able.

Plan with
Scope locked,
features locked,

now here is the task list we will update monthly
we are going to get to the end of this list and poo poo something out no more ''tier 0''

As this is one last big push for SQ54 we are going to offer a special half price ship for all the patience you the backers have shown, buying one would let us know you both support this new plan and help us put in one lat big push to reach our goals.

I think we have all had enough Chris for a life time, lets actually make something.

XX your new publisher.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

https://i.imgur.com/CGD9QIM.mp4

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This really feels like open revolt among backers. I mean I doubt anything significant actually happens, CIG is supposedly still having their most successful year financially. But reading the comments and posts people are pissed about that BS response and the roadmap to a roadmap.

CIG is probably gonna just pump out another artists concept of what SQ42 might one day look like or release a new JPEG ship and that'll quell the backers for a few more months.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

"Gravity makes things fall down, and down is subjective" Good to see their engine has the same quality of programing as the old tank sim "driving in reverse causes fuel level to increase".

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

So because the weirdest things bring me joy in life I have written up what is sure to be an (attempted at least) Gorf-ian effortpost detailing the "Roadmap of Roadmaps" or history of CIG and their scheduling.

I'm picking it up in 2016 because that was when the first Schedule Reports were released (even though there are so many choice clips of Roberts and co promising release dates before that) and have the following major milestones in among all the individual details-

* Late 2016 roadmap for patches 3.1 - 4.0 (which of course imagined all the loops in by then)
    * Early 2017 "Road to 3.0" and accompany "Building A Schedule For A Universe" video
    * Early 2018 shift from a Schedule Report to a Roadmap, in the format we have come to know and love
    * Mid 2018 classic, top-tier Crobbers saying "I Absolve Myself"
    * Late 2018 announcement of investors, along with the newly unveiled SQ42 Roadmap and accompanying Roberts interviews where they extoll how confident they are in them
    * Early 2019 video interview with Erin Roberts, further talking about how these Roadmaps are only what they are sure they can get done
    * Mid 2019 shift to Staggered Development and the wonders that will bring
    * The stagnation of the SQ42 roadmap across the board for half a year
    * Early 2020 discontinuation of SQ42 roadmap, to be replaced with other avenues of communication
    * The announced, then delayed, then delayed again, SQ42 update video
    * Bringing us to now, the update to the state of the roadmap to the roadmap

Does anyone else with a bad habit of wanting to catalogue all of this remember any other particularly standout moments that should be on the greatest hits track list?

Beluga Snail fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 30, 2020

UnknownTarget
Sep 5, 2019

How long until a backer posts that image with the "delayed release -> backers wine because they're entitled impatient babies -> cig releases -> people love it" with the "you are here" arrow on it then somehow gets hundreds of upvotes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

gently caress me