Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Electric Phantasm posted:

drat there's no option to search for dreams or to give you a random one like in New Leaf.

Hopefully that'll come later.

New Leaf was made in a pre-Swapnote is gone forever landscape.

But maybe random search will come back.

Also they just gotta make sure you don't get sent to any dream islands that could be like, hacked to the point they'll cause damage to you the visiting dreamer's data somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Electric Phantasm posted:

drat there's no option to search for dreams or to give you a random one like in New Leaf.

Hopefully that'll come later.

Ugh, that just sapped my interest in this update.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

So... the update's been out like an hour and no one's posted their dream addresses?

I guess I will then: DA-1573-5940-5462

I've got a few neat things in my town but it's nothing super special. I just figured others might be as eager as me to explore just any old town.

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

spinst posted:

Bringin' poo from Poo Island is a great gimmick. Keep doing that.

I will!

My dream address is DA-1992-6907-9354 if you wanna see where the poo comes from!

I wanna see y’alls dream addresses!

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Just started a fresh island, anyone have a spare ladder and some oranges/cherries/pears? Also gladly take any spare DIYs.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Republicans posted:

Just started a fresh island, anyone have a spare ladder and some oranges/cherries/pears? Also gladly take any spare DIYs.

Come on over. Dodo code is 62S8H

I'll make you a ladder, DIYs are to the left of the airport. Take whatever fruit you need. Celeste is trapped up by my house and there are still some falling stars.

edit: I'll keep the gate open 'til 10 PST or so. Ladder is outside the airport!

spinst fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Jul 30, 2020

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Someone give me a dream code, drat it!

Mine is: 2627-7159-5223

RCarr fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 30, 2020

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe

spinst posted:

I'll make you a ladder, DIYs are to the left of the airport. Take whatever fruit you need. Celeste is trapped up by my house and there are still some falling stars.

Hey I dug up a good handful of flowers for you yesterday but you closed the island by the time I tried to come over, still want them?

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

spinst posted:

Got em, thanks

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

I am overwhelmed with flowers, but thank you!

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

Eiba posted:

So... the update's been out like an hour and no one's posted their dream addresses?

I've got a few neat things in my town but it's nothing super special. I just figured others might be as eager as me to explore just any old town.

The Barold shrine BO cloud flooring is incredible and I hope I get my hands on it from Sahara soon. What’s it called?

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

Aw I thought we could just go to random islands with the dream suite. If anyone wants to run around my music festival island, Jura, it's DA-2710-8263-6097.

I guess there would be a ton of duds if they were random.

Normy fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Jul 30, 2020

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Can anyone explain how island back ups work now that they’re supposedly out? I want to initialize my Switch (without deleting save data) to fix a bug I have with my Ethernet adapter, like Nintendo suggested I do, and I just want to make sure my island is backed up in case something goes wrong.

Edit: Okay, you apparently need to enable it from the settings on the title screen. It’s not automatically set up.

SeANMcBAY fucked around with this message at 07:39 on Jul 30, 2020

rhoga
Jun 4, 2012

mon chou

Here's my dream code:

If you want more places to visit, the discord has a channel set up for a dream code directory. There's a dozen or so towns there at the moment.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
If you want to visit a dream island, Olathe is open for business. Features include tons of flowers and cute things. Code: 4459-6043-6111

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Anyone have a mohawk?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i feel like i can be honest with animal crossing. today, dobie asked me what my dream job is. the default answers were CEO, Artist, and Movie Star.

i wrote in NEET

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I didn’t even know you could visit random towns in the Dream Suite in New Leaf. That’s news to me. Looking forward to visiting goon islands. I’ll share my address once my island is a bit more how I want it.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012
What kinds of trees can cicada shells appear on? Need to know if I need to do some tree landscaping on my island to boost my odds (I think I have more fruit trees than cedar), or change what I look for in a Nook island (tried one tonight for an hour that had everything but cedar trees).

I just want to be out of this circle of hell that is searching every evening for a single cicada shell. :sigh:

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I have a dilemma... I have a good friend who plays this game a ton, and playing with her and comparing our towns is a lot of why I've enjoyed it so much.

She has Raymond in her town. She thought he was dumb and over-hyped at first, but eventually came around and thinks he's a fun dumb smug villager.

In contrast, I've always loved him and was super jealous she had him. I love cats and I think his whole office style is really cute.

Well, I was just hopping around nook mile islands for a new villager... and met up with Raymond.

We can't both have Raymond, can we? But I want him! But she also wants him!

I have no idea what to do.

Metaline posted:

The Barold shrine BO cloud flooring is incredible and I hope I get my hands on it from Sahara soon. What’s it called?
Cloud flooring, with rugs over the floor itself so only wisps of cloud are showing.

I'm glad you appreciated it!

Eiba fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 30, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

Steve Yun posted:

Anyone have a mohawk?

I do!

E: Come dream with me, my goons: DA-3912-4416-3586

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Jul 30, 2020

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender

ElTacoGato posted:

What kinds of trees can cicada shells appear on? Need to know if I need to do some tree landscaping on my island to boost my odds (I think I have more fruit trees than cedar), or change what I look for in a Nook island (tried one tonight for an hour that had everything but cedar trees).

I just want to be out of this circle of hell that is searching every evening for a single cicada shell. :sigh:

I know it can appear on both fruit trees and cedars. I'm less certain about coconut trees.

I farmed for those little hollow bastards, so I feel you. It just takes forever.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Eiba posted:

You very much can both have Raymond.

From a moral standpoint I mean, since clearly you can both have him within the scope of the games rules.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I do!

E: Come dream with me, my goons: DA-3912-4416-3586

Nice island name

Can I get a dodocode to come over and buy a mohawk

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 10:03 on Jul 30, 2020

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Eiba posted:

I have a dilemma... I have a good friend who plays this game a ton, and playing with her and comparing our towns is a lot of why I've enjoyed it so much.

She has Raymond in her town. She thought he was dumb and over-hyped at first, but eventually came around and thinks he's a fun dumb smug villager.

In contrast, I've always loved him and was super jealous she had him. I love cats and I think his whole office style is really cute.

Well, I was just hopping around nook mile islands for a new villager... and met up with Raymond.

Cloud flooring, with rugs over the floor itself so only wisps of cloud are showing.

I'm glad you appreciated it!

Double cat madness! Do it!

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

The only thing better than a cat... two cats...

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Also we'll probably need another spreadsheet soon!

DA-1824-5258-8976

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

Nice island name

Can I get a dodocode to come over and buy a mohawk

I figured the origin story could be "a bunch of sharks were having a fart contest because sharks are white dudes in their early 20s, I guess, and one of them sharted and BOOM! Island." Explains the superfluity of coprolites.

The wig is gift-wrapped up and waiting for you next to the airport. No purchase necessary. If you have blue or purple or black flowers to spare, I would love one, but only if you don't have plans for 'em.

Since I'm opening up anyways, Saharah is on the island, Nook's has recently expanded and has a super-cute pink desktop computer that I really want but it's 100k! Able's has baji jeogori and gas masks. Agnes is making a street piano. There are DIYs, accessories, and furniture for grabs in front of Nook's by the Sharing Cone. As the Japanese workout video says, Take! Anything! You want!

I will be AFK, so someone PM me or something if the code isn't working.

Dodo: closed

e: I know my island doesn't look like much, but I have big plans for a cemetery, expanding the bamboo tea garden, and, of course, Anthropocene Park. I like it wild, though- didn't want to pick weed at ALL.

EE: OMG THANK YOU STEVE YUN AND THANK YOU EATING ONLY APPLES FOR BUYING ME THE COMPUTER AAAAAAHHH I promise I'll only use it for trolling Tom Nook!

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Jul 30, 2020

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

I finally look like me :qq:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Wow I’m genuinely shocked they have traditional Korean clothes for sale

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

Why?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

They're some of my favorite clothes in this game! I am always dressed like a very fancy ajumma!

I'm guessing because Japan doesn't exactly have the greatest human rights track record, especially when it comes to Korea, and that remains very much a topic in the media and between Korean people, in my experience. Korean also really like to boycott Japanese products (it's your money, honey) so I imagine there are times that the public opinion of Japan is negative enough to impact sales in SK.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Eiba posted:

I was asleep. :<

Anyway here's mine:

My island's theme is tropical resort. The houses, other than mine, are set up to be resort facilities such as a gym, arcade, spa, and restaurants.

Excuse the mess of flowers on the beach. I'm going to tackle those this weekend and update the Dream Address.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Hey, does anyone have a spare iron garden chair and/or iron garden table DIY recipe, or happen to have a villager crafting one of them? I'm mad jealous after seeing how nicely they make for little cafe areas on other people's islands; nothing else really does it. It's nuts that I have never seen either recipe despite having the game from day 1 and at least one uchi villager for that entire time.

I have extras of many other DIY recipes if you'd like to trade. Let me know what you're missing and I'll see if I have it. Failing that, I have bells.

Thanks!

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Is there no official Nintendo dream codes to show off islands? I know they make cool ones, they always have nice islands in their videos. I'm unironically excited for the inevitable "Top 10 Islands You MUST Visit" articles that all the video game sites will put up.

Propaniac
Nov 28, 2000

SUSHI ROULETTO!
College Slice
I haven't seen the update yet, but really disappointed that apparently you only go to a dream island you specify - I assumed it would be random, and I was looking forward to seeing islands from just some average Joe. Sounds like it's basically just like a Dodo code but less cumbersome to use and you can't bring anything with you or take anything home?

ruinous orchid
Jun 30, 2020
Good morning from Haisaida! I'm Ariadne, and today I am opening up my slowly modernizing island (pardon the dust) for cataloging. EDIT: Redd is sold out for the day!

Second edit: Closing for now, will reopen with more stuff in the evening. Thanks to everyone who stopped by!

ruinous orchid fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jul 30, 2020

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

^^ thanks for opening up! Left you some bells by the jukebox.

Teddy will be in boxes tomorrow. He's hella rad and the only reason I'm letting him go is that I have 3 Jock villagers. Let me know if you want an affable bear bro, because I really like the guy.

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

Picayune posted:

I know it can appear on both fruit trees and cedars. I'm less certain about coconut trees.

I farmed for those little hollow bastards, so I feel you. It just takes forever.

Oh, thanks! Fruit trees were the main ones I was unsure of; I have an app on my (Android) phone for keeping track of what I need, and it says the shells are hardwood/cedar so I wasn't sure if fruit trees counted. I have some extra free time this weekend so I guess I'll try and grind out some more runnin' around starin' at trees for non-living bugs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metaline
Aug 20, 2003

ruinous orchid posted:

Good morning from Haisaida! I'm Ariadne, and today I am opening up my slowly modernizing island (pardon the dust) for cataloging. EDIT: Redd is sold out for the day!

Details in the dodo code thread!

My first cataloguing party! Thanks so much; I left a TV!