Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I think I said one not-even-very-negative thing on Toast's channel once and earned a lifetime chat ban. He evidently will shitcan anyone who deigns to say anything other than glowing praise or nonsense in his chat.

But how can you criticise such a sparking personality that says:

"Me go face?... I think... Now here me out... that this guy... seems to know... everything... I'm playing... repeats random attack line in smorc voice... yeah..."

If you missed Disguised Toast's HS streaming days, repeat that ad nauseam.

What does he play now-a-days? Did he move along with the autochess crowd, or playing stuff like Legends of Runeterra?

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Blooming Brilliant posted:

But how can you criticise such a sparking personality that says:

"Me go face?... I think... Now here me out... that this guy... seems to know... everything... I'm playing... repeats random attack line in smorc voice... yeah..."

If you missed Disguised Toast's HS streaming days, repeat that ad nauseam.

What does he play now-a-days? Did he move along with the autochess crowd, or playing stuff like Legends of Runeterra?

Last time I checked, he lives with Micheal Reeves now and they are trying to buy one of those $100k robot dogs from Boston Dynamics so they can get it to piss beer into people's cups

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
He got paid some preposterous sum of money to stream on Facebook exclusively. No one has ever watched Facebook streaming so what he is doing these days will remain a mystery.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/Celestalon/status/1288884749189013505

Hero seems insane?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Just don't get 8th!

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug
They also just reworked Zoobot and Managerie Magician to be any 3 types of minions instead of specific. That'll be a good help for mech/demon/pirates

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

yeah that's just ridiculously good

play it safe and don't level too much early on and you can pick the bones of the people who pushed hard to level and then died

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Nice, everyone gets a free legendary.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
You know what the best thing about everyone playing control decks in wild and odd DH being dead towards the end of season is?

Having a mill rogue deck. Nothing quite like watching raza and shadow reaper burn.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

RatHat posted:

Nice, everyone gets a free legendary.

Noice.

I want the priest combo breaker.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Disargeria posted:

I feel like there's even more card generation in this set than the last, where they admitted maybe there was too much.

maybe I'm forgetting some but the Study cards seem pretty bad and those are the main ones I can think of.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Never got an answer to this when I asked it before - when's the last minute for buying the x-pack? Usually I've already bought in by now but I'm waiting until the last minute possible because of Google Opinion Reward credit - if I can get ~$30 off the big pack, :peanut:.

Julio Cruz posted:

yeah that's just ridiculously good

play it safe and don't level too much early on and you can pick the bones of the people who pushed hard to level and then died

There's no way that's not getting eventually nerfed to "When you kill a player, discover one of their minions." The big question would be then if that would apply to already-dead players.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

You can preorder until the day of release, and expansions usually release around 12-1 PM EST, IIRC

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
It's a max of six free minions, most of the time they're not going to be in your comp, and the early ones aren't going to be that great anyway. I don't think it's bottom tier or anything but it's not busted.

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

Devo posted:

It's a max of six free minions, most of the time they're not going to be in your comp, and the early ones aren't going to be that great anyway. I don't think it's bottom tier or anything but it's not busted.

I'd echo this - It's good, but compare to like, Maiev, who also isn't busted and is getting a 1 gold +1/+1 Minion every turn if you're doing it right, and the Cat Ain't All That.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Devo posted:

Turns out having no hero power for most of the game is pretty bad.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Can you even tell what buffs they have?

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Devo posted:

"I'm going to get minions from losers" doesn't seem like a winning strategy.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Just a heads up that the new board is in the game. If you play transfer student onto that board (battlecry: gain a dual class card) it doesn't do anything yet.

Still won, but playing a straight 2 mana 2/2 was not a great experience

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Welp, just got 6th in an easy top 2 pirate game where I had golden Hogger and two of the grow-when-you-buy-a-pirate dudes. I hero powered last second (as Finnley-Patches) and tripled my guy :saddowns:

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Jul 31, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So I'm wondering - provided you buy the 'big pack' if what you should ideally do is open five normal packs, then open the five golden packs for another guaranteed golden legendary.

...provided you don't get it in your first five packs. >.>

You could also reserve the golden packs for when you're on a bad run and getting close to the 40 pack pity trigger.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

ptroll posted:

Just a heads up that the new board is in the game. If you play transfer student onto that board (battlecry: gain a dual class card) it doesn't do anything yet.

Still won, but playing a straight 2 mana 2/2 was not a great experience

It’d be cool if the battlecry worked and you could get a demo of the new cards early

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Word is golden packs don't follow the guarantee rules.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

Word is golden packs don't follow the guarantee rules.

Welp, so much for gaming the system, then.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I’ve never done better than the 1:20 legendary pull rate, but I really hope I get close to the average this time since a lot of the legendaries are required for experimenting. I went 2 expansions in a row where I averaged a legendary every 34 packs. At the same time, I have been fortunate with my below average number of legendaries at least tending to be the good/highly used ones. My very first pull was Dr. Boom in GVG, and since then I’ve avoided almost all of the meme legendaries.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Hell, now that they’re all here...

What do you all think will be the meme legendaries this time around?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Keymaster Alabaster for certain. I'm not sold on Lorekeeper Polkeit either although I bet that there's some super toxic Druid deck that can use it. Ilucia is interesting and certainly better than some of the other "weird Priest poo poo" legendaries from the past (hello Temporus) but I don't think it's actually good. Archwitch Willow sucks because there's no meaningful demons for it right now. Rattlegore is too slow. Speaker Gidra also seems not great but I don't play Shaman, I might be totally off-base there.

However, that's just about it. Everything else seems to have some quality use case, even if they're not build-arounds or game-enders. 19/25 ain't bad IMO.

Special note on Turalyon, which is that it's good in exactly Duel Paladin - which certainly used to be a full meme deck, but I'm honestly not sure about that anymore. There's a few others that are only going to live in T3/T4 decks as well but I expect they'll still see meaningful amounts of play.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge
I think Turyalon can find a place in some Pure Paladin lists to be honest. Lack of efficient Single Target removal is one of the decks biggest weaknesses, now you don't have to waste an equality effect to kill a Kalecgos or something for example.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Is the scry orb a legendary? That would probably go to most slow decks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Chernabog posted:

Yep. That's definitely going any deck of mine that doesn't attack with their hero(So Priest, Mage, Warlock, maybe a Paladin or Shaman deck without any weapons)

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Chernabog posted:

Wish I could dual wield that and Aluneth.

I find it genuinely interesting that a lot of cards in this expansion seem genuinely more targeted to shake up the wild meta. (polkeit for instance I suspect will be a key enabler for Paladin Holy Wrath to re-emerge... Becomes very very easy to suddenly blap for 25/20... And that priest legendary is literally 'gently caress your combo deck').

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Olpainless posted:

You know what the best thing about everyone playing control decks in wild and odd DH being dead towards the end of season is?

Having a mill rogue deck. Nothing quite like watching raza and shadow reaper burn.

I still see a lot of Pirate Warrior but yes, that's the only deck left that really can't be hurt by Mill Rogue so you may be on to something.

Streamer talk - I think Kibler is by the far the most interesting mainstream streamer (hur) but Dane is also good and they should include him for any cards that seem particularly relevant for Wild.

Speaking of Wild - Spreading Plague crashes the game after the latest patch. Not sure what the win/loss outcome of that is (I assume a 'draw') but in theory it means Druids can't lose now since they can chose to cancel the game (most Druid decks run 2xSP).

I absolutely hate facing combo decks, but that new Priest Legendary is a disaster. I wouldn't have minded if they had printed a Neutral card with a similar effect but much bigger downside.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Olpainless posted:

Wish I could dual wield that and Aluneth.

I find it genuinely interesting that a lot of cards in this expansion seem genuinely more targeted to shake up the wild meta. (polkeit for instance I suspect will be a key enabler for Paladin Holy Wrath to re-emerge... Becomes very very easy to suddenly blap for 25/20... And that priest legendary is literally 'gently caress your combo deck').

I think you're right. There's also Totem Goliath, which summons all 4 basic totems when it dies. So you play it with the 5 mana minions that summons Al'Akir when you have all basic totems, after you crashed Totem Goliath in your enemy's minion. It's nice if they care a bit about wild.

A while back I wrote a big post about how Ashes of Outland felt pretty good from a flavor perspective, so many cards clearly being inspired by Burning Crusade, Warlords of Draenor and Legion. And I have to give Blizz props again, they nailed the Scholomance setting. You have Kel'thuzad, the Barovs, Krastinov, Gandling, Lilian Voss, etc. Some cards are a bit strange (like the Botani, or Turalyon), but I'm overall pretty satisfied with what we got.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Firebat was playing an interesting deck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpR00MF_2Dw

It's Quest Lackey Warlock that uses Soul fragments for healing and to speed up your draw. Not sure how good it'll be but it's fun at least.

EDIT: Big Beast Druid is also a thing and will be very hard for control decks to beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPRtvGagHJE

RatHat fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jul 31, 2020

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

Torrannor posted:

I think you're right. There's also Totem Goliath, which summons all 4 basic totems when it dies. So you play it with the 5 mana minions that summons Al'Akir when you have all basic totems, after you crashed Totem Goliath in your enemy's minion. It's nice if they care a bit about wild.

A while back I wrote a big post about how Ashes of Outland felt pretty good from a flavor perspective, so many cards clearly being inspired by Burning Crusade, Warlords of Draenor and Legion. And I have to give Blizz props again, they nailed the Scholomance setting. You have Kel'thuzad, the Barovs, Krastinov, Gandling, Lilian Voss, etc. Some cards are a bit strange (like the Botani, or Turalyon), but I'm overall pretty satisfied with what we got.

Oh god yeah, I forgot about that monster. The new spell totem is pretty nice too. Wild Totem Shaman is going to be a force to reckon with, with that lovely early aggro from Totem Golem and Nightmare Amalgam straight into big hitting stuff like that.

Edit: Also, seeing as I like playing Buff Paladin anyway (and it seems to be doing better, again, now Odd Demon Hunter is dead and buried!), the new +8 buff and legendary are pretty interesting looking. Technically anti-synergy with Lynessa for the legend, but not much, and it helps get and maintain that early board presence until you roll people over with a tonne of big divine shield minions.

Olpainless fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Jul 31, 2020

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
so I tripled a minion and...

:confused:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

RatHat posted:

EDIT: Big Beast Druid is also a thing and will be very hard for control decks to beat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPRtvGagHJE

Big Beast Druid looks exactly the kind of big dumb minion deck I enjoy.

Also it's looking like it took two expansions for Embiggen to be power-crept :v:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

peer posted:

so I tripled a minion and...

:confused:

a bug that cones and goes in BG: heroes or effects that generate a unit will have a different ID, and selling them puts them into the pool, so if you discover it the game on your side doesn't recognize the ID.

This case is almost certainly Mr. Bigglesworth's cards.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
One game Mr. Bigglesworth trip report:

So I'm just grabbing whatever is around, no clear comp. I get a triple Kaboom Bot, and a Baron, so that's decent.

First discover, all murlocs. One is golden. I grab the golden. GOLDEN GIVES YOU THE DISCOVER CARD STILL. I get a Kangor's off this.

Next discover, GOLDEN KABOOM BOT. Second Kangor.

Next discover, GOLDEN GOLDGRUBBER.

Next discover, I grab a solo unupgraded spawn because I had two, so GOLDEN SPAWN.

Meanwhile, I grab two more Baron's off regular rolls, so now I have all that and a golden Baron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

TyrantWD posted:

I’ve never done better than the 1:20 legendary pull rate, but I really hope I get close to the average this time since a lot of the legendaries are required for experimenting.

At the risk of jinxing myself, I checked my stats and my average pack openings per legendary so far have been (I only started tracking late into Frozen Throne):

Kobolds: 13 (194 packs total)
Witchwood: 15 (223)
Boomsday: 16 (218)
Rastakhan: 9 (yes, nine, that was crazy) (157)
Shadows: 11 (226)
Uldum: 23 (234)
Dragons: 15 (243)
Ashes: 15 (185)

Classic: 21 (242 packs total)

I still have this creeping suspicion that bundle packs have a slightly tweaked legendary rate. All except Uldum have been noticeably below the 20 pack average.

Classic has my second highest packs per legendary quota.