Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

bump_fn posted:

this fuckjng sucks about the rss feed thing

supposedly someone else is going to try and take it over. prayer hand emoji

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I just always assumed RSS feeds were like a thing with podcasts so lol I now have to download a poo poo app to listen to podcasts wow capitalism is cool! Wonder what other genius loving poo poo is going to come from a company that gets bought every 2 years and needs to keep climbing the ladder of value with synergy and game changing killer tech/content

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Sirius is just as stodgy and behind the times with their own service so you can bet they're not going to be the ones pushing for features that customers actually want after the acquisition.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Think there are a couple of community replacements in the works leveraging the old codebase, here’s hoping.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Today on the r/Earwolf subreddit:

quote:

I have a fully built replacement I'm announcing here later this week! With contingency plans for showing people how to self-host it for free if Stitcher asks us to take it down or changes something.

Don't give up hope

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

I guess a few years ago or whatever I didn’t care and just logged into that site with my Stitcher credentials, but now getting sweaty thinking about handing over login connected to a Cc to something new...I mean my wife had all her info skinned from one of the big Target hacks so she gets spoofed about once a year, but my records clean :ohdear:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Crazyweasel posted:

I guess a few years ago or whatever I didn’t care and just logged into that site with my Stitcher credentials, but now getting sweaty thinking about handing over login connected to a Cc to something new...I mean my wife had all her info skinned from one of the big Target hacks so she gets spoofed about once a year, but my records clean :ohdear:

Does it have to be a credit card? Can you use a gift card?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

https://unofficialfeeds.com/ new unofficial RSS feed is up. Works exactly the same way as the old one.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Andy Daly's story during Bonusnanas about his dad selling Andy's car while he was asleep is one of the most best things i've ever heard.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I love their commitment to "not" breaking character.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Srice posted:

https://unofficialfeeds.com/ new unofficial RSS feed is up. Works exactly the same way as the old one.

Oh whew thank god. I actually downloaded the Stitcher app yesterday after the old feeds got the Deprecated tag added to them. I always think my hate of it is overblown in my mind, and then I use it again and holy poo poo.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
App real bad

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

SpacePig posted:

Oh whew thank god. I actually downloaded the Stitcher app yesterday after the old feeds got the Deprecated tag added to them. I always think my hate of it is overblown in my mind, and then I use it again and holy poo poo.

Yea it's real easy to make yourself think that this is just some internet pedant thing, that surely it is not actually that bad. And then you open it and it's actually worse than what most people would have you believe haha.

App bad, glad I can continue to use a good app instead of a bad app.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Stolen from reddit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzAGGXUeWvA

Adam's yell is at 3:51

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Srice posted:

Thanks for this.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Adam’s Traveling Wilbury story is insane.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

WerthersWay posted:

adam's traveling wilbury story and also sean's RV story in the new flagrant ones were both incredible

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

WerthersWay posted:

I have no idea why he thought that would be a funny bit for a talk show. Even if he'd picked a band people knew about, it still wouldn't have worked. There was absolutely nothing there.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

sean's RV story in the new flagrant ones were both incredible

"And people are looking at me like, You're being crazy. Well. No. I'm being nice."

Great story.

I feel like Action Boyz also had a great crazy story this week, but I think I'm just stuck on Stanger's hippo facts.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Gargamel Gibson posted:

I have no idea why he thought that would be a funny bit for a talk show. Even if he'd picked a band people knew about, it still wouldn't have worked. There was absolutely nothing there.

The best thing I actually like the premise! This would be a great Tweet thread from him. Laura Dern as Roy Orbison is killer.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Franchescanado posted:

"And people are looking at me like, You're being crazy. Well. No. I'm being nice."

Great story.

I feel like Action Boyz also had a great crazy story this week, but I think I'm just stuck on Stanger's hippo facts.

I got myself in a tizzy b/c this week's Shadow Wolves as well as Double Threat (insanely good btw, don't see it here enough) both had riffs about the Manson murders

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

WerthersWay posted:

The best bit is definitely getting the staff of three different talkshows to mock up the exact same picture.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

e: I thought old feed were up, but they aren’t! Oh well

Crazyweasel fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Aug 5, 2020

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

EDIT: Nevermind, found my answer a few posts above this!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

big something awful shoutout on the flagrant ones this week

hi andy!

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

cams posted:

big something awful shoutout on the flagrant ones this week

hi andy!

What was the shoutout?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Sean Clements: Shout out to the goons!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

"is it true that grace was the only one to ever catch your roaming heart" was very funny

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
It's too bad they had to see a lowtax article

kneisage
Jan 4, 2006
hello "I have stairs in my house"

thanks to you sick fucks Carl probably thinks I'm reading some blue lives matter site

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Carl will never be friends with me now...

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Srice posted:

thank you

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

kneisage posted:

thanks to you sick fucks Carl probably thinks I'm reading some blue lives matter site

:love::love::love:

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

👑👑👑

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

kneisage posted:

imho next week you should put Fark.com in your bookmarks bar and see if one of the boys bites on it

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
a clean rap sheet...

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer
Hi Andy, please explain that SomethingAwful is not a Blue Lives website and that we're actually nice and funny and cool and nice. Send the Flagrant Ones to CineD, they can talk about basketball movies there.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

andy is your bookmark for the front page.....?

kneisage
Jan 4, 2006

Fellatio del Toro posted:

andy is your bookmark for the front page.....?

Don't wanna miss the next installment of Fashion SWAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ty andy for your work on the show i like it and its funny and you are funny too on it