Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

necroid posted:

everybody keeps saying how easy it is to play a guitar

I have never learned how to play the guitar that was gifted to me 4 years ago because the concept of chords seems so loving complicated to remember. I used to play the piano until I was 10 and I can't remember poo poo but it still feels like it was infinitely easier than learning how to really play the guitar

I don't even want to be a virtuoso, I just want to shred fuzzy doomy megariffs

maybe I should try yousician again

Then don't play the guitar, everyone else already does anyway.

Do what I did and pick up a bass guitar instead, play one note at a time like a babby, all you have to worry about is not sounding like poo poo as you wrestle with the strings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Real Amethyst
Apr 20, 2018

When no one was looking, Serval took forty Japari buns. She took 40 buns. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.
Is that....Chris-chan?

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Who is that and why would people think it’s a deepfake?

necroid
May 14, 2009

Phlegmish posted:

Then don't play the guitar, everyone else already does anyway.

Do what I did and pick up a bass guitar instead, play one note at a time like a babby, all you have to worry about is not sounding like poo poo as you wrestle with the strings.

that sounds tempting but truth is I really want to play a guitar so I'll just try again and shut the gently caress up about it

if there's one thing I've learned about bassists is that they generally don't give a gently caress and they just stand in front of the stacks listening to their own music, making funny faces

this has happend at almost every concert I've seen

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

necroid posted:

go home dolphin and give back those glasses they don't even fit

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

The Real Amethyst posted:

Is that....Chris-chan?

Thats MFin' Rulon Gardner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVT3-wbL8HU

Going into this match Karelin hadn't lost a single match in 13 years. Having a record of 887-1.

mds2 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jul 30, 2020

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

necroid posted:

everybody keeps saying how easy it is to play a guitar

I have never learned how to play the guitar that was gifted to me 4 years ago because the concept of chords seems so loving complicated to remember. I used to play the piano until I was 10 and I can't remember poo poo but it still feels like it was infinitely easier than learning how to really play the guitar

I don't even want to be a virtuoso, I just want to shred fuzzy doomy megariffs

maybe I should try yousician again

Powerchords are 2 fingers dude.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

thanks for sharing this, I had never heard of Covet and I'm now listening to this album.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Trendy Octogenarian Couple Sports Stylish, Eclectic Garments Left Behind at Their Laundromat in Taiwan

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/ok_girlfriend/status/1288933799347265536?s=19

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

posting in both blessed and cursed threads as this is the epitome of blursed

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

What part of this is blessed?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Snowy posted:

A skilled young musician, and morons.

Seaniqua posted:

thanks for sharing this, I had never heard of Covet and I'm now listening to this album.
:same: this owns.

Mr. Fix It posted:

This is loving awful.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Mr. Fix It posted:

Is... is that Putin wearing a karate outfit and angel wings? I mean, I'm guessing it's supposed to be the guy next to her, but something about the nose and forhead makes me reminds me of Putin...

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

Snowy posted:

All of the answers are in that tweet

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Karia posted:

Is... is that Putin wearing a karate outfit and angel wings? I mean, I'm guessing it's supposed to be the guy next to her, but something about the nose and forhead makes me reminds me of Putin...

It's Putin and he trained in Sambo.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Clavavisage posted:

All of the answers are in that tweet

Sorry I never heard of lil tapper, it seemed like there might be something cool I was missing there. I don’t get the deepfake part but it sounds good so :wooper:

Slightly along those lines, My Bloody Valentine fans might enjoy this video of a gentle English boy demonstrating how he copied their famous sound with a few pedals. He shyly mumbles his way along, then at 4:00 it’s a treat imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXuvDRSwN8

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
https://i.imgur.com/YJrsrdy.mp4

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Snowy posted:

My Bloody Valentine

I saw the wasabi video as the audio of the MBV guitar was playing loud, seemed appropriate

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

this is cursed af, you shouldn't give kids that small something as spicy as wasabi

you gotta start with something way milder, then work up to the wasabi so they know how to handle the fire

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

One time when my nephew was like 1-2 years old, we had some spicy soup for dinner. He'd take a spoonful, then softly cry a little, then take another. Didn't want bread or anything else. Just kept eating the soup.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

what the gently caress?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Carthag Tuek posted:

One time when my nephew was like 1-2 years old, we had some spicy soup for dinner. He'd take a spoonful, then softly cry a little, then take another. Didn't want bread or anything else. Just kept eating the soup.

Humans are the only mammal that eat spicy food for enjoyment. Take that, plant evolution.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Snowy posted:

She's just making a joke. Yvette Young is mostly known for intricate fingerpicking and tapping styles of playing rather than thrashing away at big chords.

https://mobile.twitter.com/youyve/status/1283808966280015874

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Cocaine Bear posted:

What part of this is blessed?

mind the walrus posted:

This is loving awful.

why you gotta hate on a woman on her blessed day in a blursed dress?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
the cult of personality around Putin is loving dreadful and has a human cost in the persecution of minorities and the silencing of critics across the world

dress bad OP

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

mds2 posted:

Thats MFin' Rulon Gardner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVT3-wbL8HU

Going into this match Karelin hadn't lost a single match in 13 years. Having a record of 887-1.

I mean everyone loses eventually but Rulon won in the most American of ways by being an enormous fat gently caress that Karelin couldn't pick up. The point he scored was given away by a mistake by Karelin based on a change in the rules.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I'm a guy goon and even I wouldn't consider it acceptable to wear a suit with someone's face on it, let alone Putin's

The Putin adoration doesn't surprise me, the fact that any woman would choose that dress for her wedding day does

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phlegmish posted:

I'm a guy goon and even I wouldn't consider it acceptable to wear a suit with someone's face on it, let alone Putin's

The Putin adoration doesn't surprise me, the fact that any woman would choose that dress for her wedding day does

Who said she got to choose?

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Snowy posted:

Sorry I never heard of lil tapper, it seemed like there might be something cool I was missing there. I don’t get the deepfake part but it sounds good so :wooper:

Slightly along those lines, My Bloody Valentine fans might enjoy this video of a gentle English boy demonstrating how he copied their famous sound with a few pedals. He shyly mumbles his way along, then at 4:00 it’s a treat imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrXuvDRSwN8

She does these amazing finger tap guitar melodies and people always say she can't be real and as talented as she is because she's a young beautiful woman. That's not a joke.

She mad this video on her cellphone to prove herself.
https://youtu.be/BEd7DdrHSxQ

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Who said she got to choose?

I doubt it was mandated by the loving FSB, but if she didn't choose it, someone close to her did

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Memento posted:

I doubt it was mandated by the loving FSB, but if she didn't choose it, someone close to her did

mother-in-law :argh:

Piss Meridian
Mar 25, 2020

by Pragmatica
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWfULMcFikI

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

lol

Either ducks really like peas, or these were two extremely hungry ducks

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FINALLY something for my midnight mustard cravings

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

That excited waddle over :3:

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

I like how their beaks immediately make the water loving filthy, birds are gross. But I’m glad those two are gross and happy!
My beagle also LOVES frozen peas so much. That’s her go-to summertime treat for the hot weather, I love watching her scramble after the peas that fly out of her bowl and roll away :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

lol, give her some milk.