Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Yeah, much better! Good call on spotting the Defender platoon and ditching city right off the bat.

Now you just need to work on fully aiming between shots.

You also could have done a better job of sticking to soft cover to avoid being spotted while you were heading up the A line at the start. If they had a competent scout you probably wouldn't have made it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Console WoT is rad as hell just because they've got a WWE Season Pass event going on where you can earn a Tier 10 AMX m4 mle 54 based on Andre the Giant as well as a Stone Cold Steve Austin TL-1 LPC and Becky Lynch themed Senlac

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/summerslam-season/

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc
"and pick some better music" lol

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Katamari Democracy posted:

Yeah I will talk to some goons on Discord on just having that enabled. I don't want to have to rely on too many mods as I used to hate having to be dependent on them.

Some of the mods, like the minimap ones and spotted ones built into Aslain's are so ridiculously useful for QoL it's almost a huge disadvantage not having them. They are WG approved. It's basically like playing handicapped on purpose without them.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
On the bright side I played enough games today to finally break 47%. Also playing sober helped me tremendously

2Jets
Apr 25, 2010

You're gonna get no tip

BitBasher posted:

Some of the mods, like the minimap ones and spotted ones built into Aslain's are so ridiculously useful for QoL it's almost a huge disadvantage not having them. They are WG approved. It's basically like playing handicapped on purpose without them.

Counter point I dont like my UI looking like a carnival. I use the zoom out mod and the team health meter thing. For everything else the vanilla client works well enough for me.

On the bright side I played enough games today to finally break 47%. Also playing sober helped me tremendously

Congratulations. Your recent stats are very respectable. Keep it up.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
i used to use aslains but now the only thing I miss in the vanilla game is the zoom out mod

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Showing if enemies have been seen and if they're currently spotted is super useful along with the one that shows their last known hp on the minimap. There's also one that shows the exact armor values where you're aiming and your penetration which is good for tanks you're not familiar with.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
http://wotreplays.eu/site/5492175#kharkov-mariuslecter-t69

e;
Was hoping to die quickly when the 1 and 2 line enemys pushed in. Ended up with this. What a waste of time.

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 1, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
If anyone wants to watch me stream live on Twitch today I will be playing for a bit while my brother is away. Come follow!. E (Stream over for the day)

Feel free to yell at me in real time!

E- Good lord

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 1, 2020

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Fuckin' campaign missions.

Come on WG, I can spot 4 vehicles, or I can survive and win, but I can't do both in the same game.

E: I think the best strat is to aggressively yolo spot and then run and hide in the back (and hope for the best on your team winning), assuming you get your 4 on the first run.

Bulky Bartokomous fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Aug 1, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Got my hands on the T54E1. And from what I have watched Skill play this tank I guess I am in for a painful stock grind:

At least this will get me good practice on getting better in auto-loaders.

TracerM17
Mar 1, 2012
Nap Ghost

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

Fuckin' campaign missions.

Come on WG, I can spot 4 vehicles, or I can survive and win, but I can't do both in the same game.

E: I think the best strat is to aggressively yolo spot and then run and hide in the back (and hope for the best on your team winning), assuming you get your 4 on the first run.

Good luck to you in your missions. I tried that exact strat on that one a few times. First time it almost worked but my team decided to turn a 10-4 advantage into a loss. Every other attempt went far worse. I think I eventually did it by accident in a match I definitely should have died in but got lucky at the end.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

https://imgur.com/d60sHCa.mp4

Had a real slump with the Ferdinand but now very much enjoying it.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Got my hands on the T54E1. And from what I have watched Skill play this tank I guess I am in for a painful stock grind:

At least this will get me good practice on getting better in auto-loaders.

Oh God do not play this stock. A heavy tank at tier 9 with 180 pen will make you quit the game. This is why free xp exists. It's possibly a worse stock grind than the cent 7.

Edit: unless you use loads of gold, then it's ok I guess.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Dravs posted:

Oh God do not play this stock. A heavy tank at tier 9 with 180 pen will make you quit the game. This is why free xp exists. It's possibly a worse stock grind than the cent 7.

Edit: unless you use loads of gold, then it's ok I guess.

It's not that bad. I am firing gold in this tank to help alleviate the penetration though. So I am already way ahead of you on that front. But I do know what you mean on how horrible this tank is stock. I was bitching about it most of my afternoon on discord about it.

Ninja edit- I played 55 battles yesterday. :psyduck:

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

VelociBacon posted:

https://imgur.com/d60sHCa.mp4

Had a real slump with the Ferdinand but now very much enjoying it.

Ferdi is one of my favorites. Wasn’t able to have the same success with the Jagdtiger unfortunately.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

It's not that bad. I am firing gold in this tank to help alleviate the penetration though. So I am already way ahead of you on that front. But I do know what you mean on how horrible this tank is stock. I was bitching about it most of my afternoon on discord about it.

Ninja edit- I played 55 battles yesterday. :psyduck:

Once it's upgraded it's a fun tank though, I had about a 65% wr in it by the time I was finished with it. I played it like the Lorraine because the armour sucks. Just follow some other tanks and wait for them to start fighting and then pop out and clip someone for 2k damage.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Dravs posted:

Once it's upgraded it's a fun tank though, I had about a 65% wr in it by the time I was finished with it. I played it like the Lorraine because the armour sucks. Just follow some other tanks and wait for them to start fighting and then pop out and clip someone for 2k damage.

Usually if I do this then I normally get eaten alive by someone 400m away. That is one of my only gripes with this tank is that you can fart on it and it will get ammo racked.

I did finally get the 105mm but it still does not excuse the armor. Not to mention the team bitching at me not pushing out for them to spot enemies.

And got the T57 Heavy. And now I am broke.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Aug 2, 2020

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit
So I've played this game for a bit over a month now and I'm having a hard time with any Tier 6 tanks because I'm playing this game 100% solo. This game feels like it would be way easier of you ever coordinated, but pubbies just assume everyone knows what to do/where to go and argues via map pings

Are any goon clans still active? Is there a better way?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Are you in the USA? I can get you into Pansy. We do pretty much all tiers and we can help you out.

Add me: Katamari_Democracy

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe

US Foreign Policy posted:

So I've played this game for a bit over a month now and I'm having a hard time with any Tier 6 tanks because I'm playing this game 100% solo. This game feels like it would be way easier of you ever coordinated, but pubbies just assume everyone knows what to do/where to go and argues via map pings

Are you on the Discord channel? We 'toon on there. And Pansy is still active. I believe that is where most of the goons are.

Dave47
Oct 3, 2012

Shut up and take my money!

US Foreign Policy posted:

I've been mostly playing solo since returning. It can be a fine way to play, but Tanks, like most things, is indeed more fun when you make it social. You'll win more games, too.

I can let you into STUG for a cool rainbow Bullet Bill, but we're otherwise mostly a ghost town. I think PANSY has more active players. Either way, there is apparently a Goon discord, which hopefully Katamari or someone can post a link to, since I also need an invitation.

Platooned or not, Tier VI can be a tough tier. There are a lot of overpowered tier 8 premiums that good players play to earn silver, so you're going to encounter more of those tanks, and less players grinding bad stock tanks with poor crews. Plus, you're in peak range for being blown up by the M44 or LoofaWoofa.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Im going to get in trouble (again) for posting this. https://discord.gg/C8DqYM

E-

Dave47 posted:

I've been mostly playing solo since returning. It can be a fine way to play, but Tanks, like most things, is indeed more fun when you make it social. You'll win more games, too.

I can let you into STUG for a cool rainbow Bullet Bill, but we're otherwise mostly a ghost town. I think PANSY has more active players. Either way, there is apparently a Goon discord, which hopefully Katamari or someone can post a link to, since I also need an invitation.

Platooned or not, Tier VI can be a tough tier. There are a lot of overpowered tier 8 premiums that good players play to earn silver, so you're going to encounter more of those tanks, and less players grinding bad stock tanks with poor crews. Plus, you're in peak range for being blown up by the M44 or LoofaWoofa.

We fine heroes in Pansy (myself included) really enjoy the social aspect of tank combat. Well, some of us but we are a very friendly bunch. Plus platooning with us nets you more combat XP and credits. And yeah while Tier 6 is somewhat the middle area that can be fun there are a lot of players (again, myself included) do play overpowered premium tanks with the occasional tech tier tanks every once in awhile if I just want to grind up the line.

Feel free to hit me up anytime though you can get a better hold of me through discord voice chat. If you need someone to platoon low tiers with i'm sure we can work something out.

Katamari Democracy fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Aug 3, 2020

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
Double post. But it looks like 1.10 launched today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iv0yeP8GXy8

Its a pretty big patch. Equipment rework, new polish mediums, pearl river, new bond earning system, and a new communication system. Looks promising and the reworked equipment looks awesome.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Not yet, but you can preload the patch which I would recommend because it is 2.5GB

Edit: Apparently it has launched on US? Thanks for being guinea pigs I guess?

Dravs fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 3, 2020

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Darkrenown posted:

Tank history question: I'm pretty sure the idea that the t34 driver had to use a hammer to change gears is provably false, but I am having a hard time finding an actual source even on tankarchives. Anyone got one? I ask because this recent article repeats it:
https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a32439030/t-34-soviet-tank-history/
It gets a lot of stuff wrong, and is pretty vague, but the gearbox bit is annoying me because I can't find a source on it.

No tank historians in the thread anymore? :(

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Darkrenown posted:

They didn't say that they changed gears with it. Only that the gears would stick and they'd have to hit them which I'd think is probably accurate.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Darkrenown posted:

PM Ensign Expendable (the OP of the thread). He'll probably know the answer.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
The new equipment system is very interesting. I was messing around with certain things and it does change parameters of tanks depending on what you do with it. Which is pretty much what is on the tin.

Very good update.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
New tank, new (old) map!

http://wotreplays.eu/site/5495542#pearl_river-mariuslecter-ds_pzin

Very different from I remember it. Even after it was reworked.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://i.imgur.com/BIEFe9C.mp4

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

Is4 good now, e5 has a 7.2s reload with BiA and normal equipment....my whole world is turned upside down

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vorkosigan posted:

Is4 good now, e5 has a 7.2s reload with BiA and normal equipment....my whole world is turned upside down

Oi, sounds like I need to gently caress around with them again.

E100 stock gun is actually pretty decent now. Might need to do a few battles with it to see if it is a good alternative.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I have been having way too much fun with the equipment that I turned my SU-130PM into a deadly fast reloading sniper.

Gun rammer, Optics in middle to see a bit farther down the map, and the Aiming class 1 are essential to make this tank shoot poo poo accurately. If you want to be seriously accurate and don't care too much about the reload you can swap rammer with aiming class at anytime with no penalty.

You can also get rid of camo net once your crew is trained in camouflage. This tank is still a bush camping master and I have been able to hide from EBRs just barely missing me close range.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

I have been having way too much fun with the equipment that I turned my SU-130PM into a deadly fast reloading sniper.

Now I'm going to have to take my SU130 out for a spin for the first time in over a year.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So here is my graveyard of equipment I cannot use anymore on low tier vehicles.

Kinda tempted on just selling them all...

Edit: Rough math says it's over 12 million credits. I am too lazy to actually tally it out.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Aug 4, 2020

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

I cashed in all my stuff and bought a Tier 10 and two 9s.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

The only new equipment that is actually interesting is the scout one that increases/reduces spotting duration for enemies/you. With Designated Target and the directive, it results in enemies getting spotted for 11 seconds, while you're only spotted for 3 seconds.

Edit: I probably have 30-50 million credits in equipment demounted in my garage at the moment.

McGavin fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Aug 4, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

someone tell me if the new equipment system owns, i read the patch notes but it's not making sense to me and i dont want to log in to this game