Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

This might not be far off the mark, considering when his next big punch is in the webcomic. We're a waaaays off from that as the pace the Murata version moves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

Just picturing Caped Baldy repeatedly smashing his fists against a comically enormous dot to no avail.

Saitama after reading what it adjusts for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcKoAgLd6NQ&t=976s

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

For anyone not familiar, that's the game's first boss.

Asura's Wrath is such beautiful nonsense.

The junk collector
Aug 10, 2005
Hey do you want that motherboard?

RareAcumen posted:

Saitama after reading what it adjusts for him:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcKoAgLd6NQ&t=976s

Between all the fire and losing his arms this feels more like a Genos fight to me.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The junk collector posted:

Between all the fire and losing his arms this feels more like a Genos fight to me.

Honesetly, I only needed like 15 seconds of it but if I put it through a clip website it wouldn't embed anymore.

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

RareAcumen posted:

Honesetly, I only needed like 15 seconds of it but if I put it through a clip website it wouldn't embed anymore.

Good news: on mobile it didn't embed anyway! :confuoot: :(

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Crossposting because OH YEAH

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Skippy McPants posted:

For anyone not familiar, that's the game's first boss.

Asura's Wrath is such beautiful nonsense.

I’d appreciate Asura’s Wrath more if they didn’t sell the ending as DLC.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

RatHat posted:

I’d appreciate Asura’s Wrath more if they didn’t sell the ending as DLC.

They needed the extra money to pay for the broken vocal chords of Asura's voice actor.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
More seriously, they did it because they weren't gonna get a sequel and wanted to wrap things up instead of leaving it unfinished.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
New Chapter (RAW) is up.
https://tonarinoyj.jp/episode/13933686331685700995

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

We're not worthy of this good of a comic.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Truly the God of Comics has descended.

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Translation also out.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

:sickos: is pretty much me looking at any given point

it's such a good series

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3

Shugojin posted:

:sickos: is pretty much me looking at any given point

it's such a good series

Not an empty quote

EDIT: I like how Genos is still basically the reader's insert. "Yeah this'll all get handled once Saitama gets here"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
if eyeball monster doesn't end up being part of the recurring cast of characters i will be upset

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Well tornado fixed a tad of the world ending tsunami heading towards this city. But the rest of the world is still hosed hah.

Classon Ave. Robot
Oct 7, 2019

by Athanatos
I think this series takes place on a version of Earth with only one continent that's shaped like the Saitama prefecture in Japan.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
I love the juxtaposition between the epic world ending battle outside and Saitama + Monocle discovering ancient new techniques to stave off Hunger.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I hope Saitama's apartment survives all this. :ohdear:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Curry sounds pretty good, yeah

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

just had to work in a boob grab somewhere, didn't you murata

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Jimbot posted:

Pretty sure it's been wrecked

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
That little smirk Tatsumaki gave before sending those boulders at Psykos is the most I've ever liked her. I'm still in awe of Murata's skill at portraying immense scale.

Captain Quack
Feb 18, 2013
Saitama reached his final form :aaaaa:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supersonic Shine posted:

That little smirk Tatsumaki gave before sending those boulders at Psykos is the most I've ever liked her. I'm still in awe of Murata's skill at portraying immense scale.

I'm a bigger fan of that big anime smile she had when Psykos shrugged off her attack initially.

Jimbot posted:

Shoot, I think I forgot to ask this before. Lemme just be sure I've got all the facts right first. He lives in Z-City which is basically abandoned aside from him right? One day I was thinking about this and wondering why he lives in that apartment specifically. Surely there're some larger nicer ones he could stay in rent free right?

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
The key to losing weight

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hell yeah Tatsumaki teach them why you're the No. 2 Hero.

gently caress yeah!

Also glad for my boy Genos. Dragon Cannon is some cool poo poo.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Hell yeah Tatsumaki teach them why you're the No. 2 Hero.

gently caress yeah!

Also glad for my boy Genos. Dragon Cannon is some cool poo poo.

I'm really not sure where all of this is going, but I kind of love that Tatsumaki's confidence hasn't wavered for an instant despite everything.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I like that Tatsu is basically going toe-to-toe with god Psykos but she seems more concerned with evacuating people than the fight really.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

RareAcumen posted:

Shoot, I think I forgot to ask this before. Lemme just be sure I've got all the facts right first. He lives in Z-City which is basically abandoned aside from him right? One day I was thinking about this and wondering why he lives in that apartment specifically. Surely there're some larger nicer ones he could stay in rent free right?

I don't think he's ever realized that he's the only person living in Z-City

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

if eyeball monster doesn't end up being part of the recurring cast of characters i will be upset

She's definitely the best character.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

RareAcumen posted:

whats he gunna do? just go take someone elses home? Hes a hero.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

RareAcumen posted:

Presumably he got that place back when he was fresh out of school and job hunting, and then the rest of the city evacuated due to monsters.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bucswabe posted:

I'm really not sure where all of this is going, but I kind of love that Tatsumaki's confidence hasn't wavered for an instant despite everything.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I like that Tatsu is basically going toe-to-toe with god Psykos but she seems more concerned with evacuating people than the fight really.

Yeah, she's getting put into a corner by Psykos but throughout it all, her concern is for the safety of other people. Even when Genos saved her from Psykos her main concern is that he'll get tossed into a wall (which is funnily what she did to Genos during the end of the Boros arc).

Presumably, if she wasn't preoccupied with saving a bunch of other people, Tatsumaki could probably handle Psykorochis by herself.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I've meant to ask this thread for a while: in modern day mangas like this, do the artists draw every detail by hand or are computers used to fill in things like motion lines and stuff?

Even in normal chapters, where you have Saitama walking down the street, the characters are pretty basic, but there is an insane level of detail in the city scape around them. Is Murata doing all of this himself?

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
He has a team of assistants helping him

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

I think being one of Murata's assistants who has to add details to one of his finished pages would cause me so much stress, knowing that a mistake could ruin a masterpiece, that I would probably die on the spot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
Do the assistants draw right on the page in pencil or do they digitally add content on the computer? If the latter, that would relieve a little bit of the pressure.