Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I'm guessing since knight Lent is there then blondey in the back is post growth spurt Tao. I guess we should expect Lila and Empel back then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Endorph posted:

has lent put on a shirt? hosed up if so

I would love Lent getting a cape but still no shirt

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
i wonder what the atelier sub will do now that tao's grown up and their lel fail shota memes won't work anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7brpZkCp2c0

anyway new trailer and wow they're going nuts with the exploration

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Wow Ryza 2 out in the west this year, I wish the turnaround for Falcon games was that quick :(

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sakurazuka posted:

Wow Ryza 2 out in the west this year, I wish the turnaround for Falcon games was that quick :(

I think they save like 3-6 months by not bothering with a dub. Plus, an in-house translation and yearly release schedule probably makes it easy for the localization team and development team to get in a good rhythm and really nail churning these things out

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Why would Meruru give me an objective to use Nectar twice in combat

You can only use it if people get knocked out and so far that hasn't happened once

Maybe I should go pick a fight with the level 30 hatefish I have instructions to kill....

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

cheetah7071 posted:

I think they save like 3-6 months by not bothering with a dub. Plus, an in-house translation and yearly release schedule probably makes it easy for the localization team and development team to get in a good rhythm and really nail churning these things out

Yeah the lack of dubbing definitely plays a big part.

I just wish their internal translation team got the time to do a few more editing passes.

https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1288490725491892224

Top-left. Purple pigtails is a new character I think.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Jul 29, 2020

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I've been bagging on Ryza's new outfit but Klaudia's looks great and we haven't seen Lent from the front but if he's cape+shirtless like a Gurren Lagann character that would be perfect for him imo

Mokinokaro posted:

Top-left. Purple pigtails is a new character I think.

Based on her outfit I'm guessing she's an alchemist. So maybe they'll keep doing the thing where each alchemist graduates to being a teacher in the sequel, but without changing who the main character is.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Official english subbed trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB5jt5-FMJw

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
"Her treasure," indeed.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/Abriael/status/1288508780779573248

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
We’ve seen Ryza, Klaudia, Lent and Tao.

But where’s my boy Bos? I was hoping he’d get his promotion to party member in Ryza 2.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

nrook posted:

We’ve seen Ryza, Klaudia, Lent and Tao.

But where’s my boy Bos? I was hoping he’d get his promotion to party member in Ryza 2.

I'm hoping the final boss gets an upgrade to at least major side character

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/Stellatiria/status/1288631735949955072

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/GustSocialPR/status/1288689487283855360

2,750,000円 (Yen) Ryza figure.
Only 10 made
Payments must be made through wire transfer

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg
Lol it’s like a life-size or larger statue

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ryza update 1.06

Added "Very Easy" mode

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Lol it’s like a life-size or larger statue

1:1 scale, in fact. 172cm tall, plus stand. She's 161cm, so the other 11cm are shoes and hat.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
gently caress that statue is taller than me

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I'm like 19 hours into Ryza, and it's fun, but starting to get kinda weird the further I go in. Just got to the ruins on the other side of the mines, runnin after Bos, and it's weird that it keeps unlocking new mechanics when it is, by all accounts, like a 40 hour game at most?

I don't have any grasp of how progression in this is really supposed to work. I have the forge thing now, and just unlocked this weird thing where I can create instanced worlds to craft in, and there's some plants mechanic I'm completely ignoring, and I dunno, it seems like there's too much going on for how little this game is. One thing I really still, nearly halfway in, don't understand is what the gently caress "Quality" actually represents. Like, making a sword with a higher quality doesn't cause it to do more damage, right? That's all driven by the traits/effects? Which I also still find kind of confusing but mostly think I'm getting. I particularly wonder if I'm supposed to be, like, recreating weapons or armor or crafting tools I already have for higher quality, or if that's a waste of resources, or if I should just be getting more effects from the forge stuff and not bothering to actually recreate it.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

abraham linksys posted:

I'm like 19 hours into Ryza, and it's fun, but starting to get kinda weird the further I go in. Just got to the ruins on the other side of the mines, runnin after Bos, and it's weird that it keeps unlocking new mechanics when it is, by all accounts, like a 40 hour game at most?

I don't have any grasp of how progression in this is really supposed to work. I have the forge thing now, and just unlocked this weird thing where I can create instanced worlds to craft in, and there's some plants mechanic I'm completely ignoring, and I dunno, it seems like there's too much going on for how little this game is. One thing I really still, nearly halfway in, don't understand is what the gently caress "Quality" actually represents. Like, making a sword with a higher quality doesn't cause it to do more damage, right? That's all driven by the traits/effects? Which I also still find kind of confusing but mostly think I'm getting. I particularly wonder if I'm supposed to be, like, recreating weapons or armor or crafting tools I already have for higher quality, or if that's a waste of resources, or if I should just be getting more effects from the forge stuff and not bothering to actually recreate it.

I'm pretty sure Quality does effect stats, in that a 999 quality armor has higher overall stats than a 10 quality armor with the same traits and effects. Even so, you'll probably be fine just keeping up to date with the latest unlocked armor/weapons until endgame.

But yeah there's a lot of mechanics. They even added more in the first few weeks after release (the pet Puni)! That was weird.

Best use of the bottle worlds is, once you unlock all of them, getting codes from the internet to farm rare materials. gently caress getting Dunkelheit normally.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think the way quality effects your stats is that it takes the average quality of all your equipment, and then gives you +1 to all stats for every 10 points. Or something like that.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

In prior games where quality only went to 120 how it worked was 70 quality was neutral and every point above that was 1% better stats/damage output. And a correlated decrease in power for every point below 70. I don’t know the ratio in Ryza off the top of my head, but yeah, for weapons and items it effects the base damage/healing.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
As a general JRPG fan would it be worth while jumping into Ryza now that it is on sale on the PS store? I've eyeballed the series but didn't want to jump in at full price.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

infraboy posted:

As a general JRPG fan would it be worth while jumping into Ryza now that it is on sale on the PS store? I've eyeballed the series but didn't want to jump in at full price.

Do you really like crafting in other games?

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I think my favorites are Lulua and Shallie. I may try Ryza next sometime. The mysterious painting one was good, too.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
https://www.dualshockers.com/atelier-ryza-2-protagonist-junzo-hosoi/

The second Secret game was always planned to be Ryza 2, it isn't just because Ryza was popular (though that didn't hurt).

If anyone here reads Japanese, here's the full interview instead of just the handful of answers this writer found interesting:

https://www.4gamer.net/games/520/G052045/20200730016/

Apparently, since the theme/emotion of Ryza 1 was "summer memories" they thought it would further that by having Ryza be the main character again, reminiscing about that time, and had that in mind since the earliest development of Ryza 1. Fanartists falling in love with her thighs wasn't the reason. They also emphasize that while Ryza 2 was always planned, they haven't yet settled on whether or not Secret 3 will be Ryza 3 and it could go either way.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I’m excited for Atelier Goat in 2021.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

cheetah7071 posted:

https://www.dualshockers.com/atelier-ryza-2-protagonist-junzo-hosoi/

The second Secret game was always planned to be Ryza 2, it isn't just because Ryza was popular (though that didn't hurt).

If anyone here reads Japanese, here's the full interview instead of just the handful of answers this writer found interesting:

https://www.4gamer.net/games/520/G052045/20200730016/

Apparently, since the theme/emotion of Ryza 1 was "summer memories" they thought it would further that by having Ryza be the main character again, reminiscing about that time, and had that in mind since the earliest development of Ryza 1. Fanartists falling in love with her thighs wasn't the reason. They also emphasize that while Ryza 2 was always planned, they haven't yet settled on whether or not Secret 3 will be Ryza 3 and it could go either way.

summer memories of saving the world from aliens while old people whine about it

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
You know, summer

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

infraboy posted:

Atelier games are the series that invented JRPG crafting and all others are pretenders that seek to steal their throne. If you're okay with that then yeah sure, just be aware that you're not getting into a dark epic kind of thing that modern JRPGs usually are. Atelier games in general tend to be pretty positive and this one in particular is 90% concentrated teen coming of age story.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

https://twitter.com/zerods_/status/1290900693872713728

tao has grown up!! and bos is back

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

I'm in year 3 of Atelier Meruru and it feels like everything kinda kicked into high gear at once :stare: there's multiple new areas to uncover, there's loads of stuff they want crafted, there's an absolute shitload of new recipes half of which I've never even seen the ingredients for, there's a giant doomforest wandering around...I'm definitely not going to come anywhere close to finishing everything by the end of the year, but hopefully I can at least hit the minimum population target. Unlike Rorona I'm thinking I might actually want to try NG+ on this one, I'm really enjoying it.

I also only just realized that the "dev.items" category also includes things that Meruru can equip for permanent upgrades, possibly if I'd realized that two years ago I'd be feeling less overwhelmed now

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

meruru is like totori where its 5 years as long as you don't game over on the 3-year objective

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I assume his lack of official art means Bos is not in fact playable

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/HDKirin/status/1291031451157159937

Missed a page. Gotta have your Oren girl.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Ryza 2 launches December 3rd in Japan with a side note that the Steam version launches in January.

It's usually right alongside the Western release so we at least have a window now.

Find all your Japanese preorder posters here:
https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/atelier/ryza2/products.html

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?
I haven’t played an Atelier game since Atelier Meruru and I have to say I like where the series has gone. I didn’t like having to have specific characters at specific spots to open up story paths, the time passing system even though somewhat lax always somewhat kept pressure on me, and I like to try do 100% of a game if I can (usually by getting plat) so they were nightmares to play.

This stripped out most of the BS, and while there’s still some things that bother me it’s good enough that I just sink time and time into crafting my stuff. Once I hit a certain area that had a bunch of unique goods that were gating my crafting progress I was pretty much just gathering in that area for hours to make better and better things. I’ve finally decided to now do the rest of the story (I think I’m going to the final area now) and I’m at crafting level 81. Fun game, definitely buying the sequel.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Dehry posted:

Ryza 2 launches December 3rd in Japan with a side note that the Steam version launches in January.

It's usually right alongside the Western release so we at least have a window now.

Find all your Japanese preorder posters here:
https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/atelier/ryza2/products.html

They definitely turned up the horny for some of these merchs.

These are the best ones tho.

(And Klaudia got quite the growth spurt.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cheetah I found your youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg__LJIAn5o