Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

brugroffil posted:

IDPH's regional map is decent

Divoc-91 is based at uiuc and I think does Illinois county level data

91 divoc not only does county level but also region. I don't think it's updated to the new regions yet but does northeast, Chicago, etc which is still really useful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
I use Johns Hopkins for Illinois as a whole:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/individual-states/illinois

And City of Chicago for Chicago alone:

https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home/covid-dashboard.html

91 Divoc is really good too.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that
I think the DuPage County dashboard seems pretty good too, for what that's worth.

https://www.dupagehealth.org/610/DuPage-County-COVID-19-Dashboard

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

91 divoc not only does county level but also region. I don't think it's updated to the new regions yet but does northeast, Chicago, etc which is still really useful

holy poo poo, florida goes off the chart at one point. Why is California so high?

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Wisconsin's governor announced mandatory masks in indoor public places starting Saturday. I live in the Rockford area and a lot of people around here go up there to shop because they don't like wearing a mask. Others go up to places like Lake Geneva and party it up in crowds every weekend.

You can imagine the pearl clutching going on on Facebook right now.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

WescottF1 posted:

Wisconsin's governor announced mandatory masks in indoor public places starting Saturday. I live in the Rockford area and a lot of people around here go up there to shop because they don't like wearing a mask. Others go up to places like Lake Geneva and party it up in crowds every weekend.

You can imagine the pearl clutching going on on Facebook right now.

Although I'd expect that Wisconsin's insane GOP will sue immediately, and take it to their insane SC, which will inevitably overturn the order.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
He waited until after he filled a vacancy on the Supreme Court, maybe that will make a difference.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Cook County Board President Toni Preckwinkle and health officials confirm that stricter guidelines, similar to Chicago, will be announced Friday to address increasing COVID-19 numbers throughout the county.

But details about the guidelines had not yet been released early Friday morning.

Cook County health officials will only say the stricter guidelines will be similar to Chicago, where there have been more restrictions on bars, restaurants and fitness centers.
"It would be fair to say that I think we're looking at some of those, some of those same kinds of measures," said Demian Christiansen, Cook County's director of communicable disease control and prevention. "We obviously don't want it to get out of control, like we've seen in some other areas. We definitely want to put a lid on as much of this as possible."

I can't believe Loyola (the hospital) fully reopened their fitness center last week.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

quote:

Will County health officials are trying to track down dozens of Lincoln-Way East graduates and chaperones who recently attended a student-organized prom in Indiana after a “couple” of attendees tested positive for the coronavirus.

The event had been planned since April.

“We’re aware of it,” Steve Brandy, a Will County Health Department spokesman, said Wednesday. “Contact tracers are getting in touch with people who were there.”

The effort comes after tracers talked to a couple of people who were at the function and who tested positive for COVID-19, he said. Brandy said he did not know the exact number and whether the positive cases were Lincoln-Way East recently graduated seniors or chaperones.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/daily-southtown/ct-sta-lincoln-way-east-prom-st-0730-20200729-yldlyt2yu5c3hmbjpe25yxe5fu-story.html

What an unexpected outcome.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
Preckwinkle is just so bad. No wonder she got her rear end beat so badly.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lightfoot and Pritzker have both been poo poo since June too

political leadership is failing us at every level

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Not COVID related.

On 5/22/20, I filled out the online application for an Illinois Firearms Operator ID. It's supposed to take 30 days + up to 10 days for it to arrive in the mail.

George Floyd was murdered on 5/25, and after that the number of FOID applications went up from ~17 a day to over 4,000 in a single day.

It's 8/2/20 and my application is now "under review." I think this is the part that is supposed to take 30 days.

I'm in favor of the FOID, but I am concerned that the state missing deadlines like this is going to get it struck down in court, which I think would be bad overall. It's already been gutted so as not to apply to anyone from out-of-state within Illinois.

Not really any agenda here. I'm a little annoyed that I don't have it yet, but some days I feel like I don't really want a firearm and somedays I feel like I would be better off having one. (Never mind that the stock of guns is pretty dry everywhere). Also, if my in-laws catch COVID, I'm going to suddenly have a windfall of firearms to deal with, so having an FOID on hand would make *that* whole thing less of a hassle.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
Out of the three times I've had to deal with getting/renewing a FOID, two of them were stupidly bad.

The first time I renewed mine the person keyed my address in wrong so it was returned to them by the mail. Rather than trying to contact me, they just sat on it until I called them.

When my wife applied for hers, they had a batch of cards that went to print that got lost, including hers. After a while she contacted them and even though it was their error, they made us pay another application fee.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Foid is covid related. They had huge backlogs prior to covid (60k in January) and it immediately got worse when the shutdown happened. People like me who did renewals are supposedly grandfathered while it processes , but new potential owners are poo poo outta luck

It's a horrible system and hopefully these delays will get it thrown out in court someday. i applied to renew mine in early april and don't expect to get it this year

As an example of how bad covid messed up the state on top of is normal delays and backlogs, the PPACA/Obamacare will sometimes? Often? Always? Refer applications where you have a child dependent to the state of Illinois to review. My early December application didn't get reviewed and denied until mid June.

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 2, 2020

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

These are the same idiots that never shut up about needing a gun to protect their lives.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Rodney Davis has COVID and he was just here for a town hall yesterday :lsd:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Devo posted:

Rodney Davis has COVID and he was just here for a town hall yesterday :lsd:

I swear they are hellbent on killing off themselves/their most ardent supporters.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

Piatt county has been mostly clear this entire time, would be hilarious if that dipshit spread it to all of us.

Maybe hilarious isn't the correct word

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Oracle posted:

I swear they are hellbent on killing off themselves/their most ardent supporters.

Yup, definitely feels that way at times. Conservative death cult.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Unit 5 announced 100% remote learning until at least October.

I'm guessing they couldn't find enough teachers willing to teach in person.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

Unit 5 announced 100% remote learning until at least October.

I'm guessing they couldn't find enough teachers willing to teach in person.

Unit 4 announced remote til end of Sept at which point they'll 'reevaluate' (code for 'see what the body count is for the schools that insisted on in-person').

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Oracle posted:

Unit 4 announced remote til end of Sept at which point they'll 'reevaluate' (code for 'see what the body count is for the schools that insisted on in-person').
Yeah there's a big mixture here of relief and desperation here. I get it; my family is very privileged to work 100% from home. Not everyone is so lucky, and there's just not sufficient social support for kids who need more help than parents can provide. Or for parents who can't do remote learning with their kids.

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
I know a special ed teacher that moved to AZ last year. It is an absolute loving shitshow over there and IL looks downright responsible even with the vacillation.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Banzai 3 posted:

I know a special ed teacher that moved to AZ last year. It is an absolute loving shitshow over there and IL looks downright responsible even with the vacillation.

I'm thinking about applying to a job in AZ :shepicide:

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

District 87 doing remote until January it looks like, as well. I saw an article earlier in the week which mentioned only 40 teachers in all of district 87 had signed up to do in person, so I think the guess that they couldn't get enough teachers to do it is probably spot on.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

In Oswego 308, they also stressed budgetary concerns. It was going to cost $5m more for one semester with the (seriously inadequate) mitigation they had in planned.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Lager posted:

District 87 doing remote until January it looks like, as well. I saw an article earlier in the week which mentioned only 40 teachers in all of district 87 had signed up to do in person, so I think the guess that they couldn't get enough teachers to do it is probably spot on.

Source? My nephew goes to Glenbard South, and they only heard until September.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
There are 2 District 87s, I think they're talking about the one in Bloomington.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

The X-man cometh posted:

There are 2 District 87s, I think they're talking about the one in Bloomington.

Yes, sorry, didn't know there were two. My kids are in unit 5, but my nephew is in district 87 here in Bloomington so that's how I heard.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Pretty sure all the ‘just until September’ remote schools are just waiting for the inevitable spike in cases from schools dumb enough to open in person so they can point and say ‘yeah we WERE going to do in person but it’s obviously a bad idea so lol no.’ It’ll keep the chuds quiet if they think it’s only for two weeks.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

And in my area, all of the schools will be in person in order to help provide an example to the other schools.

I am guessing that we will get into a month before they close it down again. Hopefully in that time, I can get my students prepared for remote learning (what it is going to be like, what are my expectations, what should be their expectations, etc) and I hope my daughters (3rd and 5th grades) can become connected with their teachers (first time either of them have had a male teacher) so remote learning will not be as awkward.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Lager posted:

Yes, sorry, didn't know there were two. My kids are in unit 5, but my nephew is in district 87 here in Bloomington so that's how I heard.

I don't know why they number districts if they're going to assign the same number to multiple districts.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

Well, Pritzker has been ordered to appear before the Clay County court next Friday. The judge wants him to explain why he should not be put in jail for violating an order that was never finalized.

Darren Bailey is doing victory laps.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

Well, Pritzker has been ordered to appear before the Clay County court next Friday. The judge wants him to explain why he should not be put in jail for violating an order that was never finalized.

Darren Bailey is doing victory laps.

lmao

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

My tiny school in Macon county had instruction pushed back to September 8th :toot:

Post poste
Mar 29, 2010
Can anyone summarize what happened overnight in Chicago? Most of the news sources are "ANTIFA SUPER SOLDIERS DEVOUR BABIES AND COORDINATED CHILD DEATH TO LOOT TESLA STORES" and that's just nonsense.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Post poste posted:

Can anyone summarize what happened overnight in Chicago? Most of the news sources are "ANTIFA SUPER SOLDIERS DEVOUR BABIES AND COORDINATED CHILD DEATH TO LOOT TESLA STORES" and that's just nonsense.

The police shot someone in Englewood last night. There was a near riot there as the public found out, the cops attacked the crowds, beat a kid where there was blood on the ground and it could have gotten more ugly before a bunch of community organizers arrived and cooled things down.

Last night there was what seems like fairly organized looting downtown and in other wealthy areas.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Best I can tell is that the police shot a 15 year old yesterday. Understandably, many people were upset with that event. The CPD mobilized, and started patrolling the area armed with assault rifles, and things just kinda escalated.

I am not sure if the looters started as protest groups, or were just roving large groups of angry people upset about yesterday’s event (and the falloff of unemployment benefits/eviction protections). This all pieced together from some other protest threads here in SA.

CaptainJuan
Oct 15, 2008

Thick. Juicy. Tender.

Imagine cutting into a Barry White Song.
We are in the cool zone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Source4Leko
Jul 25, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

CaptainJuan posted:

We are in the cool zone

And not leaving it anytime soon. This poo poo is far from over.