Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Man, how many life points has this guy paid at this point?

E: update on previous page.

TeeQueue fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 31, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Additionally, I love Delta mind hacking Eric into shooting him to demonstrate his phenomenal powers. Probably could have accomplished the same thing by moving at him and saying "Ooga booga."

And isn't that just the greatest Mind Hack of all?

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Hey, Akane? Remember last year/decade when you prayed to a voodoo doll and did something a whole lot like this across time to the person you loved the most so you could not burn to death? And even wrote a thought?

I'm not letting this go.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Okay, but why was he in such great shape at 120?

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Mind hakku is the dumbest loving thing, and Delta gratuitously killing Gab is hilarious. The ending is just so gloriously stupid.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I liked the implication that the player is Delta forcing people to pick every choice just so we can see every single ending, but then they didn't make that Delta's motivation and this last choice explicitly happens when he's dead so :shrug:

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Onmi posted:

I mean, basically we're asking if it's worth it to have people with knowledge of the shelter outside compared to people with no knowledge of the shelter. Which means the other question is "What information did we learn in the shelter that's worth carrying outside it."

Mira's the heart killer is kinda worth it? Phi is Sigma and Diana's daughter is also kinda worth it. The one thing we didn't learn before going in was the Religious Fanatic.

The actual question is, do we want to go to a timeline where Gab is alive? Clearly Delta shot him to influence our decision.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Gab is a robot with a blood pack inside.

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012
Delta being a dick via semi-self-inflicted shotgun is pretty normal of him, based on everything he's put the cast through. He doesn't need to be here to make this decision, at least. He already got what he wanted.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
The extra dumb bit is that within the game itself SHIFT escalated from 'some people have it' to 'oh, by the way, we can make anyone get SHIFT powers now. Just gotta put them in danger and surround them with other SHIFTers'. Also I guess the implication is that Diana evolved her powers during the game, because otherwise you'd think she'd have not been in the 'my abusive husband beats me up on the regular' timeline by this point.

That's not even getting to how Akane/Junpei's powers just magically evolved after a year.

Leamonde
Aug 2, 2012

Why is this soooo lame? I would have accepted psychokinesis before this (that's what I thought went down in that other ending anyways :saddowns:).

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

maswastaken posted:

Hey, Akane? Remember last year/decade when you prayed to a voodoo doll and did something a whole lot like this across time to the person you loved the most so you could not burn to death? And even wrote a thought?

I'm not letting this go.

In Akane's defence, she was 10 at the time. I think any moral judgement has to take into account the circumstances of a terrified 10 years old against the calculated callousness of this 124 years rear end in a top hat.
Adult Akane didn't really do anything like this to Junpei.

But this game made me dislike Akane and despise Junpei so :shrug:

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Cloacamazing! posted:

The actual question is, do we want to go to a timeline where Gab is alive? Clearly Delta shot him to influence our decision.

He did, technically, remove any reason for these guys to stay behind, by killing Gab (Who can't shift) and himself. Not that anyone is going to hesitate because of Delta.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Omobono posted:

In Akane's defence, she was 10 at the time. I think any moral judgement has to take into account the circumstances of a terrified 10 years old against the calculated callousness of this 124 years rear end in a top hat.

But this game made me dislike Akane and despise Junpei so :shrug:

In another timeline, Adult Akane does induce amnesia in Junpei, vanishes from his life for 45 years, then gets him to participate in a death game where he either finds her dead body in multiple timelines, dies from various means, and/or remains trapped in a shelter forever.

And that's actually light compared to what Delta does.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Wait a second: if Sean can open the X Door at any time, why didn't he just open it when he and his team went to the QCD room? Why even bother with the Force Quit Box at all? :psyduck:

At the very least, make a plan to just circumvent the game once you meet up with D Team!

Delta really is the worst part of this game, aside from his Zero outfit.

Onmi posted:

He did, technically, remove any reason for these guys to stay behind, by killing Gab (Who can't shift) and himself. Not that anyone is going to hesitate because of Delta.

I feel like D Team is probably the only group that would care about leaving Gab behind. Akane even blew him up once. :argh:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Jul 31, 2020

Rith
Oct 10, 2012

YOU'VE GOT THAT WRONG!
I love Akane. She's perfectly pleasant to have a conversation with, but she's absolutely, unstoppably ruthless. I expected her to be a bit of a generic meek love interest when she was first introduced, but she turned out to be so much more interesting than that. She's not a good person, but she's a great character.

Carlos is my favourite, though. He's known Akane and Junpei for ten minutes, but he cares about them with a ridiculous intensity and he'll happily sacrifice every other version of himself to keep them safe. He literally stood back and let the apocalypse happen because he wouldn't have met those two otherwise. He's extremely stupid and extremely good. (He's also extremely lucky that Akane forgave him for his terrible 'pin her down and whisper to her' plan. I love how much delight she's obviously taking in telling the others about it. She's not going to let you live it down, Carlos!)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Wait a second: if Sean can open the X Door at any time, why didn't he just open it when he and his team went to the QCD room? Why even bother with the Force Quit Box at all? :psyduck:

At that point, Delta is still kinda around and the others are passed out. Presumably they still kinda care about getting everyone out (well Sean does, Mira is shrug and who knows about Eric).

The real question is, why Carlos and co. didn't just go straight to the Pod Room and wake everyone up. If they can get the cards from the Transporter room, presumably they can figure out where the Pod Room is.

(Also I'm not even sure how they got the cards anyway without notice. I think it's implied that Akane grabbed them while Carlos and Junpei were tussling in the Power Room, but it's not like the cameras wouldn't have spotted Akane running around, and at that point, why even bother with the charade?)

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Carlos has a number of admirable, positive qualities (brave, compassionate, loyal, selfless) but strategic long-term planning is not one of them.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

At that point, Delta is still kinda around and the others are passed out. Presumably they still kinda care about getting everyone out (well Sean does, Mira is shrug and who knows about Eric).

Well, like I said, they don't even make a plan to make a break for it with D-Team or anything after carrying C-Team's bodies from the Pod Room (given they'd assume they'd be unconscious) in the next round.

Also, Sean would remember that Q is Delta is Zero from Q-Ending 2, so what is Delta doing in the Force Quit route and why is no one concerned about him either being there and doing nothing or being missing? :psyduck:

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

(Also I'm not even sure how they got the cards anyway without notice. I think it's implied that Akane grabbed them while Carlos and Junpei were tussling in the Power Room, but it's not like the cameras wouldn't have spotted Akane running around, and at that point, why even bother with the charade?)
I assume the intent was the old sleight-of-hand trick where you're so focused on what's happening over here (what is Carlos planning?) that you completely miss an obvious thing somewhere else (Akane sprinting out of the room). Even though the cameras are recording it, it's still Zero-the-human-being watching the cameras.

If you've ever seen the well known "count the basketball passes" video, same kind of thing.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.

Araxxor posted:

Mind hack. It's really just called that. I burst out laughing when I read that sentence.

I hope everyone did. It's incredibly dumb. (and very funny)

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I'm just going to assume that "ridiculous longevity" is baked into the SHIFTer/psyker power set. That or Diana/Sigma has EXTREMELY good genes.

Or cryogenic shenanigans, since Phi gets put to sleep for 45 years about a week from now.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

I'm just going to assume that "ridiculous longevity" is baked into the SHIFTer/psyker power set. That or Diana/Sigma has EXTREMELY good genes.

Or cryogenic shenanigans, since Phi gets put to sleep for 45 years about a week from now.

Considering I believe VLR said "Brother" is alive even in modern VLR, it would mean that Delta survived to 200+ years old.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016

Onmi posted:

Considering I believe VLR said "Brother" is alive even in modern VLR, it would mean that Delta survived to 200+ years old.

But for how many of those years would Phi retain the ability to drop kick people from across the room?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
Delta shot the dog just so the audience could realize that he's a straight villain, unlike the other Zeroes.

Carlos did his stupid plan, which included assault, (momentarily) breaking trust and getting pummeled for nothing.

Eric really has no reason to be there, huh? All the shotgun scenes could have been done by Mira or anyone else during Mind Hack™. Guess Delta found it funny or maybe it's part of his yet unrevealed complex motives.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

I feel like D Team is probably the only group that would care about leaving Gab behind. Akane even blew him up once. :argh:

Life is simply unfair. Don't you think?

Ghost Car
Sep 14, 2009

Rith posted:

Carlos is my favourite, though. He's known Akane and Junpei for ten minutes, but he cares about them with a ridiculous intensity and he'll happily sacrifice every other version of himself to keep them safe. He literally stood back and let the apocalypse happen because he wouldn't have met those two otherwise. He's extremely stupid and extremely good. (He's also extremely lucky that Akane forgave him for his terrible 'pin her down and whisper to her' plan. I love how much delight she's obviously taking in telling the others about it. She's not going to let you live it down, Carlos!)

You know, I never really thought about how hilariously immediately ride-or-die Carlos is for Akane and Junpei, but he really is just like...

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Omobono posted:

It's less the morality thing, more that everything's so contorted to fit into this idea of Delta being so unique, plot holes be damned.

Sean saying Phi and Delta were born with unique powers really falls flat on its face when one of them's in a room full of people who not only have that power too but half of them also used it more than her.

rko
Jul 12, 2017
I would love to know if this ending was so camp and hilarious on purpose. So much of this game feels so compromised; I know it had a baby-sized budget that looks like it was spent almost entirely on VAs, but is that an excuse for the writing taking such a wild turn here?

It’s so weird that the more that I think about ZTD the more I love it, because it is objectively silly. Motherfucker said “Mind Hack.” He shot the dog! Delta is the best.

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!

Rith posted:

Carlos deserves better than two people who won't hesitate to go batshit and kill him if he even looks funny at their not-a-partner

Speaking of, is it ever officially revealed who decapitated Junpei? I assumed it was a deathtrap and his head put there by Zero.

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

Carlos deserves better than two people who won't hesitate to go batshit and kill him if he even looks funny at their not-a-partner

Speaking of, is it ever officially revealed who decapitated Junpei? I assumed it was a deathtrap and his head put there by Zero.

It's heavily implied to be Mira, I think.

I didnt enjoy ZTD while I was playing it, but I've come to think of it fondly for its few good moments and for its unabashed silliness. Mindhack!

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

OddHaberdasher posted:

But for how many of those years would Phi retain the ability to drop kick people from across the room?

I'm gonna go with 'Phi is always able to drop kick people from across the room," because Phi not drop kicking people from across the room is just unimaginable.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

Skylight posted:

I'm gonna go with 'Phi is always able to drop kick people from across the room," because Phi not drop kicking people from across the room is just unimaginable.

Phi needs to be a DLC guest fighter in Dive Kick. :P

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Skylight posted:

:hai:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

There's a good deal of poetry in Phi drop kicking Dio and Delta/Brother within days of each other from her perspective :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

wologar posted:

Eric really has no reason to be there, huh? All the shotgun scenes could have been done by Mira or anyone else during Mind Hack™. Guess Delta found it funny or maybe it's part of his yet unrevealed complex motives.

In-universe, Eric is there probably because Mira roped him into the Dcom experiment and Delta was like "Oh, you're dating the guy whose mom died because of the snail. That's hilarious."

Out of universe, Eric is most definitely a waste of a character slot, even if his "Haha, I found the shotgun. :ese: " scenes entertain me immensely.

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

mycelia posted:

It's heavily implied to be Mira, I think.

You might have missed it since the ridiculous "Haha, I was offscreen" thing happened at the same time, but we did get an answer.

Despite that, inputting Mira on the Who Killed Junpei? choice does nothing.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Despite that, inputting Mira on the Who Killed Junpei? choice does nothing.

Right, but, I mean, the fact that this is the Actual Truth has no bearing on the fact that you're probably not going to convince anyone of that, in that moment, based on what they all think they know.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Out of universe, Eric is most definitely a waste of a character slot, even if his "Haha, I found the shotgun. :ese: " scenes entertain me immensely.

Uchikoshi accessed the morphogenetic field to find out about the Danganronpa writer's attempt to write a character nobody likes and was all "You are like a little baby. Watch this :smug:"

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

maswastaken posted:

It's less the morality thing, more that everything's so contorted to fit into this idea of Delta being so unique, plot holes be damned.

Sean saying Phi and Delta were born with unique powers really falls flat on its face when one of them's in a room full of people who not only have that power too but half of them also used it more than her.

My apologies, I misunderstood what you were saying then.
Seconding, thirding, fourthing [...] omega-ing that Delta loving sucks then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fedule posted:

Right, but, I mean, the fact that this is the Actual Truth has no bearing on the fact that you're probably not going to convince anyone of that, in that moment, based on what they all think they know.

Fair point, though it's kind of a shame that Chainsaw Akane doesn't have as many option outcomes as Shotgun Eric.

Tonfa posted:

Uchikoshi accessed the morphogenetic field to find out about the Danganronpa writer's attempt to write a character nobody likes and was all "You are like a little baby. Watch this :smug:"

I'd believe it.