Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

They actually added a captcha if you buy too fast on the flea market. Who are the ad wizards that came up with this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there

ChesterJT posted:

They actually added a captcha if you buy too fast on the flea market. Who are the ad wizards that came up with this one?

Pops up after every 2-3 “This item has already been purchased”. Beautiful for when you are trying to by several of an item.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

InevitableCheese posted:

Pops up after every 2-3 “This item has already been purchased”. Beautiful for when you are trying to by several of an item.

protip: start selling your items more expensive so they show up 5th or 6th. to avoid the "item sold" poo poo people might start buying from there.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

No, don't do that. Because I already do it and don't need the competition.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Anyone try the 9X19 ammo QuakeMaker?

On paper it seems good, and putting that in a Beretta might make a good side arm when I am trying to snipe.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I just got scav swarmed a minute ago on Snoreline. Happily creeping around resort with 8 minutes on the clock, popped one loitering scav, and suddenly 8 of his loving friends come charging in out of nowhere, despite the place being almost deserted before that. Honestly i'm pretty loving salty about it because I'm bad at Tarky and they killed me. I had 6 kills in the last two minutes of that round - all scavs and all in a 10 meter radius.

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

communism bitch posted:

I just got scav swarmed a minute ago on Snoreline. Happily creeping around resort with 8 minutes on the clock, popped one loitering scav, and suddenly 8 of his loving friends come charging in out of nowhere, despite the place being almost deserted before that. Honestly i'm pretty loving salty about it because I'm bad at Tarky and they killed me. I had 6 kills in the last two minutes of that round - all scavs and all in a 10 meter radius.

This now starts happening if you're the last PMC of the raid.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Triple A posted:

This now starts happening if you're the last PMC of the raid.

Hmm, maybe I'll have to hide in a corner on some of these maps to get my "kill X scavs while wearing X" stuff done.

Are they really materializing out of thin air or is it just all the living scavs on the map swarming you?

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Jul 31, 2020

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

Are any the silencers better than others?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

yeah they all have different ergo penalties and recoil bonuses, and theres some that need to sit on a compensator which helps their stats over some of the others sometimes. the socom one has like 3 flash hider options to mount to and i think is always bis for a silencer on the guns it fits?? maybe. someone else will tell me im wrong if i am.

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

ChesterJT posted:

Hmm, maybe I'll have to hide in a corner on some of these maps to get my "kill X scavs while wearing X" stuff done.

Are they really materializing out of thin air or is it just all the living scavs on the map swarming you?

I think it's both until it's late enough in the raid that scavs stop spawning, if you survive until there's about 3-5 minutes left on factory it will end up completely empty (barring any other players that might be hiding)

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Gabriel S. posted:

Are any the silencers better than others?

Stux posted:

yeah they all have different ergo penalties and recoil bonuses, and theres some that need to sit on a compensator which helps their stats over some of the others sometimes. the socom one has like 3 flash hider options to mount to and i think is always bis for a silencer on the guns it fits?? maybe. someone else will tell me im wrong if i am.

I think bis is actually the DD Wave, but the RC2 with the right muzzle break isn't very far off for 5.56 guns at like half the price - and the combined effect of either is often better than the loud muzzle options alone (with some exceptions like the Jailbreak)

that's not universally true though, as a rule the muzzle break + silencer combos on NATO guns are wayyy better than the silencer options for AKs, where running a silencer is generally a non-trivial statistical sacrifice vs. the PWS CQB/Drakon/some of the lesser options (other Warsaw pact guns can be variable)

doing a quick stat comparison in the preset menu can often be a good way to confirm which you should be buying (at least statistically)

LGD fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 31, 2020

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

see look at that, perfect thanks

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Mesadoram posted:

On paper it seems good, and putting that in a Beretta might make a good side arm when I am trying to snipe.

Disagree with all of this. Don't follow your logic at all.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Mesadoram posted:

All the hollow point rounds seem great on paper but none of them will go thru level 2 armor, which almost every scav and PMC will be wearing at minimum. Shotgun slugs have the same problem

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

ap-20 slugs will def go through armor, and you fire hollow points into the face or legs

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

It's a legitimately worse flesh damage bullet than RIP. if you are going for legs, you should be shooting RIP. Sure the QM is a bit more damage than the Luger CCI, but neither are a "good" bullet by any measure. The new 9x19 7n31 however, is a very good bullet. It does have some sighting/zeroing issues though (fires higher than normal, IIRC)

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Stux posted:

ap-20 slugs will def go through armor, and you fire hollow points into the face or legs

Yes the Slug that has "ARMOR PIERCING" in it's name is an exception to that rule, thank you for pointing that out

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Thank you gents.

I was testing it yesterday and the round feels super inconsistent.

That or my Beretta likes to shoot sideways, but either way when the experience wasn't great.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mesadoram posted:

Thank you gents.

I was testing it yesterday and the round feels super inconsistent.

That or my Beretta likes to shoot sideways, but either way when the experience wasn't great.

I don't like shooting any of the pistols but most of the pistol caliber SMGs are fun even on semi. If I have to use a pistol I'd probably pick one with a red dot sight and some AP ammo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Cage Kicker posted:

Yes the Slug that has "ARMOR PIERCING" in it's name is an exception to that rule, thank you for pointing that out

my advice would be to fire rounds that dont pierce armor at unarmored areas such as the face and legs op

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

if you want a pistol to shoot center mass or thru face shields use a five seven

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Stux posted:

if you want a pistol to shoot center mass or thru face shields use a five seven

you can also use the SR1MP or :911: 1911 :911: with the new .45 ACP ammo if you want to be a hipster at the low low cost of significantly worse recoil (and smaller magazines in the 1911's case) with no other upsides

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i got a bunch of untradable gp coins from the drops so non-five seven pistols havnt existed for me this wipe

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

new patch btw:

- Decreased repair prices of armored rigs.
- Added a couple of new crafting recipes in Hideout.
- Buffed accuracy and spread of all shotguns and shotgun barrels.

these all appear pretty significant - i.e. a completely trashed M2 rig I got back via insurance is like 37k to fix, but was something like twice that last night

recipes may influence things (20x hot rod in nutrition unit, craftable .366 AP)

based on some streams I'm watching shotgun spread tightening seems meaningful and may make them viable in a wider variety of circumstances

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I've been watching a lot of videos of people hitting some crazy shots with shotguns now. It's pretty great.

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014

LGD posted:

recipes may influence things (20x hot rod in nutrition unit, craftable .366 AP)

based on some streams I'm watching shotgun spread tightening seems meaningful and may make them viable in a wider variety of circumstances

The recipe for the .366 is 50 9x39 SP-6 and 100 762x39 PS for 100 of the .366AP (in 1hr 43)
It only really seems to be worthwhile if you compare the cost to the current inflated market prices. I've had a pretty easy time just buying up stock around when the trader resets (but I'm just using the bolt action so I guess i'm not burning thru it that fast).

It is interesting to see how much the devs seem to be pushing more use of shotguns though. There have been like 3 different patches with buffs to the spread, so it is neat to see them in a much more viable place.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I keep trying this game again every so often and then laughing at my own stupidity for doing so. There will never not be a game-ruining number of cheaters.

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

That's true but this game has some of the worst anti-cheat technology. It can be much, much better.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
That’s kinda weird because I’ve played like 3 wipes and only have 1 or 2 times where I am 100% sure I was clapped by a hacker

Maybe you just suck

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

causticBeet posted:

Maybe you just suck

You should watch any of the numerous Tarkov streamers and when they get killed by a clear hacker, either speed or aimbot, you should point out that they suck despite the video evidence.

Edit: Speak of the devil, whole squad just wiped in Shoreline by an aimbot. We must all suck.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Aug 1, 2020

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

ChesterJT posted:

You should watch any of the numerous Tarkov streamers

no he shouldnt

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

are you 50 or something

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

NOOOOO!!!!

The only woman in Tarkov, my one true love is gone!

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

ComradeBigT posted:

It is interesting to see how much the devs seem to be pushing more use of shotguns though. There have been like 3 different patches with buffs to the spread, so it is neat to see them in a much more viable place.

Have they fixed the insanely high camera recoil the saiga 12 has?

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Bucnasti posted:

NOOOOO!!!!

The only woman in Tarkov, my one true love is gone!

Man I didn't recognize him at all.

Edit: Wait I thought you just photoshopped that, it''s actually in the loving game. Amazing.

ChesterJT fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 1, 2020

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

causticBeet posted:

That’s kinda weird because I’ve played like 3 wipes and only have 1 or 2 times where I am 100% sure I was clapped by a hacker

Maybe you just suck

See forums poster ChesterJT's appropriate response to this shitpost

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
for every blatant hacker you come across, it's likely that you've died to 10 other subtle ones

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I think thermals are responsible for a significant proportion of hacker complaints too.

Case in point today running with goons in shoreline a sweaty dude starts shooting at us despite us being in cover at night. Absolutely would have killed all of us easily but for some bizarre reason they were top loading a drummag of m993 in their pimped out m1a with M62 and the tracer allowed me to kill them and walk out with million+ rubles of their gear.

If they hadn't been an idiot we'd have all died to headshots with no idea of where the shots had come from.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

NaanViolence posted:

See forums poster ChesterJT's appropriate response to this shitpost

you might just suck though its a reasonable point