Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Caesar Saladin posted:

everyone stop playing rocket league

there are only so many times you can haphazardly boost into the ball

I saw a video game review where the reviewer said he had 1500 hours of rocket league at the bottom and it immediately made him distrust him

1500 hours?

*laughs in monster hunter*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the difference there is that monster hunter kicks rear end

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

anyone who spends 1000+ hours on a game that isn't some kind of grand strategy is weird

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Inside is a really fun game, mostly because I never thought about a hidden story or why I grew into that blob (story of my life and all that...haha). It was just a lot of fun.

It's sequel, Carrion, is even better.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

poverty goat posted:

anyone who spends 1000+ hours on a game that isn't some kind of grand strategy is weird

simracing without any strategy

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

tuo posted:

Inside is a really fun game, mostly because I never thought about a hidden story or why I grew into that blob (story of my life and all that...haha). It was just a lot of fun.

It's sequel, Carrion, is even better.

Carrion isn't a sequel to Inside though? Unless there is two games called Inside, Inside is a sequel to Limbo and not made by the same company as Carrion or related at all

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I have over 2000 hours in Progress Quest!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I never play any non Nintendo AAA games til like at least 2-3 years after release

I miss out on so much overhyped crap it's amazing

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

poverty goat posted:

I find the people who were posting about beating the last of us 2 the weekend it came out far weirder than playing rocket league for 900 hours over 5 years

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I find the people who were posting about beating the last of us 2 the weekend it came out far weirder than playing rocket league for 900 hours over 5 years

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

JollyBoyJohn posted:

same

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Inside is one of the most bafflingly rated games I've ever known. Any rational person would say it was a boring 2 hour long creepy platformer but folk on the internet would have you convinced its slightly original or interesting. Its not. Its loving dull.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Inside is one of the most bafflingly rated games I've ever known. Any rational person would say it was a boring 2 hour long creepy platformer but folk on the internet would have you convinced its slightly original or interesting. Its not. Its loving dull.

The Wikipedia page has the most pretentious thing I've ever seen written about video games

Much like Limbo, Inside went on to be considered one of the greatest games of all time.[5][6][7][8][9][10][11]

This isn't even under reception this is just the main blurb

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sid Vicious posted:

The Wikipedia page has the most pretentious thing I've ever seen written about video games

Much like Limbo, Inside went on to be considered one of the greatest games of all time.[5][6][7][8][9][10][11]

This isn't even under reception this is just the main blurb

I liked Inside but lol no not even close.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I'm all for varied opinions but what the actual gently caress.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Look how many citations it has lmao

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

The White Dragon posted:

that's what i'm saying man sometimes you ARE the terrorists and if you want them to win, well, you have to counter!

Whoa

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Sid Vicious posted:

Look how many citations it has lmao

More citations = More correct

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The video game equivalent of oscar bait gets extra pathetic given no one even wants to pretend video game awards mean anything at all

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Sid Vicious posted:

Carrion isn't a sequel to Inside though? Unless there is two games called Inside, Inside is a sequel to Limbo and not made by the same company as Carrion or related at all

I know, but it kinda feels like it somehow, imo. I mean yeah, Carrion is a completely different game, but beeing the experiment that escaped the tank and now murders stuff on it's way out is somehow more fun than it should be....

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Inside is a very well made game. Art direction is cool and good, gameplay is pretty simple but very polished, and yeah, I get why it's dull to many. I enjoyed it, similar to Limbo. It's a chill, simple game with a cool art style. Similar to Gris. Enjoy the show. Pick it up if on sale, see if it's for you, if not, drop it.

I feel the same about Carrion.

People trying to make more from it (Inside/Limbo) or trying to tell you how "deep" the story etc. is the same Undertale poo poo again.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Trash gaming for idiots: Inside/Limbo

Sublime gaming for connoisseurs: Limbo... of the Lost.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I am not a fan of the Dark Souls series, they are really difficult

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
the whole "it's actually a metaphor for, like, survivor's guilt, maaaaaan" horse poo poo from the late aughts/early 10s that came out of indie games was horse poo poo

it turned Lone Survivor from a really cool survival horror game into navel gazing garbage about how hard it is to be the ~lone survivor~ of a bus bombing, which i'm like 99.9% certain the dev has only ever read about or seen on the news

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I am not a fan of the Dark Souls series, they are really difficult

:same: but mario paint

seriously...I suck at painting and painting with a mouse

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!

The White Dragon posted:

the whole "it's actually a metaphor for, like, survivor's guilt, maaaaaan" horse poo poo from the late aughts/early 10s that came out of indie games was horse poo poo

it turned Lone Survivor from a really cool survival horror game into navel gazing garbage about how hard it is to be the ~lone survivor~ of a bus bombing, which i'm like 99.9% certain the dev has only ever read about or seen on the news

I played and beat that and had no idea what it was about. I had guessed mental illness, but a bus bombing? Never would have.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

The White Dragon posted:

even the one game that talked about war from a civilian point of view and the devteam were nearly all survivors of the siege of sarajevo wasnt good ludically, as a game qua game, it just had good points about poo poo that happens

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

bob dobbs is dead posted:

even the one game that talked about war from a civilian point of view and the devteam were nearly all survivors of the siege of sarajevo wasnt good ludically, as a game qua game, it just had good points about poo poo that happens

It had the skeleton of a good game, but too much stuff was slow in a way that made it feel like their was a barrier between me and the game.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
I really hope you're talking about This War Of Mine, because I've tried to play that a few times and it's just not a good game.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

bob dobbs is dead posted:

This War of Mine may have been an excellent work of fiction but in order to be a good game it has to be fun instead of making you feel terrible about everything

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Spec Ops: The Line had the same problem. For whatever point it might have to make about the horror of war, the game itself is a really dull, generic third-person shooter.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Sunswipe posted:

I really hope you're talking about This War Of Mine, because I've tried to play that a few times and it's just not a good game.

I've never felt so ripped off by an Overwhelmingly Positive game on Steam. It's cool the first time you have to choose between robbing some granny or letting one of your housemates starve or whatever but it only takes an hour or two until you hit that moment of "wait that's it? that's all you can do in this game?"

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

The White Dragon posted:

Getting super tired of this with horror games - "The monster was abuse all along!!!"

gently caress off with that tired nonsense.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Manager Hoyden posted:

Getting super tired of this with horror games - "The monster was abuse all along!!!"

gently caress off with that tired nonsense.

Yeah have to agree here, it was really clever the first couple of dozen times but can we please chill a little bit.

This isn't just horror games either, it's movies and even youtube horror stuff too.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Can we get more penis monsters please

People liked Alien Isolation right? Were tehre any other games like it?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
this little war of mine
im gonna let it shine

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

there is this one war that i have

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I liked this war of mine, it was fun managing my survivor colony. At some point early on I said "gently caress it" and decided that one of my survivors would be better off as a thievin' murder hobo, and I learned that the game actually reacts appropriately to the player deciding to become a marauding bandit

Frostpunk was definitely the better game though

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

speaking of wars

deus ex invisible war is straight up better than human revolution and I would love a remaster in a better engine with the weird inventory bugs fixed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Chomp8645 posted:

Trash gaming for idiots: Inside/Limbo

Sublime gaming for connoisseurs: Limbo... of the Lost.

Strong posting