Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

lmao loving Delocated lasted longer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

mind the walrus posted:

Where's Squidbillies?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RFC2324 posted:

this is cursed af, you shouldn't give kids that small something as spicy as wasabi

you gotta start with something way milder, then work up to the wasabi so they know how to handle the fire

eh i think it's ok to expand a toddler's palate with a little taste of something spicy, it's not until kids are like 3+ that they go into palate lockdown mode

when my kid was around that age she would try things like chilis and hot sauce or even just mustard and vinegar and it's only now, years later, that we can convince her to try those flavors again

wasabi isn't even that spicy really, most of it is just mashed up horseradish with food coloring

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Memento posted:

the cult of personality around Putin is loving dreadful and has a human cost in the persecution of minorities and the silencing of critics across the world

dress bad OP

And the murdering of American soldiers.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

luxury handset posted:

eh i think it's ok to expand a toddler's palate with a little taste of something spicy, it's not until kids are like 3+ that they go into palate lockdown mode

when my kid was around that age she would try things like chilis and hot sauce or even just mustard and vinegar and it's only now, years later, that we can convince her to try those flavors again

wasabi isn't even that spicy really, most of it is just mashed up horseradish with food coloring

Real wasabi is mind-blowing. Definitely try if you get the chance.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Beachcomber posted:

Real wasabi is mind-blowing. Definitely try if you get the chance.

Yeah eat some of the real poo poo and youll see vapor trails as people walk past it is amazingly potent

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

mind the walrus posted:

I'm pretty sure the space between two seasons of Venture Brothers lasts longer than the confederacy.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

luxury handset posted:

I’ve read that the only reason people in spicy food cultures are able to handle extremely hot foods is because they’ve been given hot foods since they were very young.

Really the only ethical thing is to give kids wasabi lumps until they love it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Snowy posted:

I’ve read that the only reason people in spicy food cultures are able to handle extremely hot foods is because they’ve been given hot foods since they were very young.

Really the only ethical thing is to give kids wasabi lumps until they love it.

in places where they eat wasabi commonly, it's considered good for you.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Yeah you gotta feed kids as many different kinds of flavors as you can while they're in "wanna taste everything" mode, and keep at it

They might end up self-diagnosing as supertasters if you dont

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YBheuHma8I

look how fast they get over it because everyone around shows them its safe :3:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i grew up in a stereotypical "black pepper so spicy" white family and now I grow my own superhot chilis. even as an adult you can change. just gotta put yourself out there!

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I have a fissured tongue and spicy food physically hurts to eat and it sucks because I love it

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Flavortown is not ageist

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Feeding babies lemons is one of the purest joys in life. Totally harmless and at least five minutes of fun squishy faces, plus they love it after the first try.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

luxury handset posted:

I'm not arguing against giving them spicy, I am saying start with something milder than wasabi(as stated, real wasabi is hot af) so that they learn how to handle it, since you can't just make the burn go away.

definitely encourage them to try stuff tho

Sex Skeleton
Aug 16, 2018

For when lonely nights turn bonely

Carthag Tuek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YBheuHma8I

look how fast they get over it because everyone around shows them its safe :3:

This is actually kinda messed up because all these parents are doing is laughing at one of their child's formative experiences, and now the kid is learning that eating sour things sucks so there's an entire class of food that they're primed to reject.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Sex Skeleton posted:

This is actually kinda messed up because all these parents are doing is laughing at one of their child's formative experiences, and now the kid is learning that eating sour things sucks so there's an entire class of food that they're primed to reject.

lol, no. That's not true at all.

Children who have been exposed to a wide variety of fruits and vegetables actually tend to really like sour stuff.

Children who are fed nothing but chicken nuggets and coke do not.

spacetoaster fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 31, 2020

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Sex Skeleton posted:

youre dumb as hell

what the kids are seeing is everyone being happy

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

lol at these goons explaining how to rear children.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

We use 'Wasabi!' as a call for help in our work due to this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0FB_jYo-cc

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

LifeSunDeath posted:

lol at these goons explaining how to rear children.

You've got to toughen them up when they're young, that's when they're most impressionable.

Here kid, nibble on this asbestos plate for a while

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Master Twig posted:

I'm pretty sure the space between two seasons of Venture Brothers lasts longer than the confederacy.

the venture bros. pilot aired during W's FIRST term. actually, it even predates the invasion of iraq.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Laterite posted:

the venture bros. pilot aired during W's FIRST term. actually, it even predates the invasion of iraq.

February 2003. seems nuts when I think about it.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
the moment i learned to love spicy food was when i hadn't eaten anything but bread and water for four straight days, worked in a food truck for a training shift and the owner gave me every dish to sample so i knew what i was selling. thankfully he was a good chef, so that helped

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

uber_stoat posted:

i grew up in a stereotypical "black pepper so spicy" white family and now I grow my own superhot chilis. even as an adult you can change. just gotta put yourself out there!

Growing your own superhot chilis is just about the whitest thing though.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Sex Skeleton posted:

I don't think it's formative at the age those kids are. A baby might heartily eat something and furiously refuse one or two years later.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

You guys like hot foods?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

You guys like hot foods?

BOOOO! Cold foods only

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

hell, i even like tepid foods

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Eating your food?

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/gunsnrosesgirl3/status/1288814488477720576?s=20

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

My cat is more blessed than this dumb food derail.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

"wh is that it gently caress yea we did it honey woooo"

also, to make up for the food derail, here's a wasp or a bee and idk a horse fly of some kind
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyatiHg9ZxA

sorry about portrait mode, it was like 10 am

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/humanbuttwipe/status/1288538487390703623

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

spacetoaster posted:

Eating your food?

I live on a diet of nothing but chilled sunlight

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

RFC2324 posted:

I live on a diet of nothing but chilled sunlight

yea, in your butthole

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

The shirt she's wearing costs more than my car note and she's just drunk and happy taking a dunk in it. loving rear end in a top hat.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

The American dream: getting so drunk you fall off your own yacht

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/j_r0g_/status/1289065279738335234