Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i get the impression that biederman is a very empathetic guy who wants to like people and who tends to look for the appeal in various forms of living - he's imo what really makes chapo special, because he's got a sort of cultural intuition which is by itself rare, and combines it with genuine affection for humans and their lives as well as a strong ideological stance to produce some pretty spectacular content

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Often Abbreviated posted:

Felix' suffering is knowing that as he grew up in a loving, supportive family environment, he can never be Cool.

Listening to Christopher Titus specials while stewing in jealousy

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

V. Illych L. posted:

i get the impression that biederman is a very empathetic guy who wants to like people and who tends to look for the appeal in various forms of living - he's imo what really makes chapo special, because he's got a sort of cultural intuition which is by itself rare, and combines it with genuine affection for humans and their lives as well as a strong ideological stance to produce some pretty spectacular content

yeah Felix doesn’t seem to really hate any group of people (besides rockabillies). this is especially apparent in the this is sus series where he seems genuinely sad about people who watch those shows rather than angry

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cnidaria posted:

yeah Felix doesn’t seem to really hate any group of people (besides rockabillies). this is especially apparent in the this is sus series where he seems genuinely sad about people who watch those shows rather than angry

it is kinda interesting trying to piece together the kind of people who actually enjoy those shows

i had a similar fixation a while back figuring out the audience for lame modern rock bands

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Victory Position posted:

most of the ex-LDS people I've spoken to found the whole of its type of community to be suffocating
Some leftists romanticize those "organic" social bonds that were smashed to atoms by bourgeois capitalism. It actually sucks to live in Marx's sack of potatoes with the same 50 people your entire godforsaken life.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Halloween Jack posted:

Some leftists romanticize those "organic" social bonds that were smashed to atoms by bourgeois capitalism. It actually sucks to live in Marx's sack of potatoes with the same 50 people your entire godforsaken life.

yeah absolutely. I understand people's desire to romanticize and long for the days of an <1930 denser tenement community and social connections that aren't 100% transactional in nature, and that they can look towards utah mormonism as even flawed idyllic sense of community in the 21th century. especially after completely thorough (and yet increasing) atomization and commodification off the burnt out remnants. But it's a facade through and through, it's underpinned by grievances, mental and social illness, a sense of never talking about actual things (don't ask, don't tell) and so you contort your face into a grotesque Walmart greeter smile through an almost keeping-up-with-the-jones shallowness to the roots.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
you'd think a couple guys who grew up surrounded by midwestern dullards would see mormons for who they are

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

All I Need To Know About Mormons I Learned On 9/11/1857

Sheng-Ji Yang has issued a correction as of 00:12 on Aug 1, 2020

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

the ny times to true anon to fash pipeline

https://twitter.com/auhsdbond/status/1289237531658039297?s=21

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

https://twitter.com/xeni/status/1289238261479563266

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

lol

https://twitter.com/AuhsdBond/status/1289240023871545345

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

This person is somebody the bapster retweets a lot iirc.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Chapo Trap House is the new Politico

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

How many people have woken up thinking "today I will be the one who takes down Brace in the online" only to go to bed a humiliated shame

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Atrocious Joe posted:

Chapo has been and always will be the new Daily Show

Right now, they're in their post-Rally to Restore Sanity malaise

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

this must mean they might get on the Zoom call for OzyFest this year

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Epic High Five posted:

How many people have woken up thinking "today I will be the one who takes down Brace in the online" only to go to bed a humiliated shame

Many such cases

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Is this guy a gimmick though

His angry tweeting seems less genuine and truly mentally ill than the honkler lady, a very halfhearted meltdown imo

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
he’s a genuine loving weirdo, pretty sure he also runs the Yang Gang dove account that has the exact same gripes with the Chapoverse and posts the same

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hes bappin

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

He's a nut

He's crazy in the coconut

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

insane in the membrane

insane in the braiiiiiinnnnn

animist
Aug 28, 2018

Epic High Five posted:

How many people have woken up thinking "today I will be the one who takes down Brace in the field" only to go to bed a humiliated shame

he's pedo-proof

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Epic High Five posted:

He's a nut

He's crazy in the coconut

Purely psychosomatic

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Storm_watch_/status/1289238706851741697?s=19

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

that there's a wider BAPPINverse is troubling

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ZeonVibe/status/1289239432709562368

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAbGYyPFXqo

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Victory Position posted:

that there's a wider BAPPINverse is troubling

There’s a fuckton of them, it’s terrifying

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Gwen does it again. 🤯

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

Gonna presume that the Geeks and Gamers website has about as much grasp of legal proceedings as the anime fans stanning the Fullmetal Alchemist rapist in his defamation lawsuit.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Wolfsheim posted:

Is this guy a gimmick though

His angry tweeting seems less genuine and truly mentally ill than the honkler lady, a very halfhearted meltdown imo

he's the most mentally ill guy on twitter, he tweets nearly 300 times a day

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

lol, the latest CTH with Adam McKay has him praising the Sapiens book and the Hurt Locker movie.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/HenryKrinkIe/status/1288920144811614209

good read

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

MizPiz posted:

Chapo has been and always will be the new Daily Show

Right now, they're in their post-Rally to Restore Sanity malaise

nah way it's cadence is way more Colbert Report

Some More News is the new Daily Show

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

what the gently caress is this. good political writing does not belong in this thread. this thread is for twitter drama, not well articulated theory.

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
please post more

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

N. Senada posted:

please post more

You got it
https://twitter.com/thenib/status/1289232604533645312?s=19

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1289388931515994115?s=19

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Mormons blew up the challenger

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

it's unclear to me who, exactly, this piece is addressing, because the author doesn't cite any actual texts

it's weird to read a polemic without a target

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

V. Illych L. posted:

it's unclear to me who, exactly, this piece is addressing, because the author doesn't cite any actual texts

it's weird to read a polemic without a target