Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

yes, have you ever made a good post?

Yeah I don't waste my time trolling threads that have nothing to do with my interests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Halo will be f2p, it was it’s destiny.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Zaphod42 posted:

Remember when Valve wanted to put left4dead maps on xbox for free because they were free on PC and MS was like "nah gently caress that"
They also wanted to do TF2 console updates but MS wanted to charge them

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
this xbox live gold thing feels like something MS should maybe clarify

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Clarify what? The only official thing is that they stopped selling the 12 and 6 month subs. Everything else is just speculation from various people. They're not gonna make a statement until they're ready to.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
https://twitter.com/GIBiz/status/1289318905438142466

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

I mean sonys games division was down 14% for the same period, although I think that's more due to fiscal 2019 being a baller year for playstation

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Growth nosedives as soon as you announce upcoming hardware

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theres a giant pandemic!! no 2020 numbers mean anything

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Yeah I don't waste my time trolling threads that have nothing to do with my interests.

stop being weird, you literally ask if they owned one then got an answer you didnt like. discussion of stuff a company does and has done when trying to decide between platforms is perfectly legitimate.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Anno posted:

A handful of games now have an opt-in “allow mods” option in the W10 store that’ll let you download stuff from Nexus or whatever and use them without a fuss. I think it’s a technically a beta of some sort for an expanded program.
FWIW official docs for Xbox on Win10 make it clear to developers that people expect to be able to mod PC games so you should allow for it whenever possible, and that's been in there since before PC GamePass launched.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I know I'm in the minority when it comes to modern gaming consumers, but more of this please.

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1289625793501396992

I know they gave the line "we're pausing and focusing on XSX support" with their backwards compatibility team a few months ago and I hope they have a chunk of new games available soon and it wasn't just an empty PR statement.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Deadly prem 1 was only digitally available in japan last i checked. Us store wouldnt allow a purchase. Hope they fix it cause its the only decent version of that game

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Looks like part of this BC rollout involves being able to use your Microsoft credit to buy 360 games.

Since this is a backend update, I wonder if the relisting of some of these games was unintentional.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Zerot posted:

Looks like part of this BC rollout involves being able to use your Microsoft credit to buy 360 games.

Since this is a backend update, I wonder if the relisting of some of these games was unintentional.
Aren't the "relisted" games like SH Downpour games that weren't available digitally in the first place? So they shouldn't have even had prices... They were disc only when they went BC.

It's not the first time they've given BC games digital releases after the fact, the Mass Effects were only on disc for a long time. (IIRC.)

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I just want every single Xbox and Xbox 360 game ever released available for purchase on the Xbox One digital shop. Is that really too much to ask?

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Akuma posted:

Aren't the "relisted" games like SH Downpour games that weren't available digitally in the first place? So they shouldn't have even had prices... They were disc only when they went BC.

It's not the first time they've given BC games digital releases after the fact, the Mass Effects were only on disc for a long time. (IIRC.)

TrueAchievements says that Silent Hill Downpour and Deadly Premonition were available in the Microsoft Store at some point.

I agree that it is possible that these games have been relicensed to appear in the store. But the fact it errors out when you try to buy them makes me wonder.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Zerot posted:

TrueAchievements says that Silent Hill Downpour and Deadly Premonition were available in the Microsoft Store at some point.

I agree that it is possible that these games have been relicensed to appear in the store. But the fact it errors out when you try to buy them makes me wonder.
It doesn't tho, I just bought Downpour because I've wanted it digitally for a looooong time.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
You're right. I successfully bought Downpour right after posting that. Enjoy $20, Konami!

(the game is actually ok)

EDIT: Twitter is also saying you no longer need a credit card associated with your account to redeem Games with Gold.

Zerot fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Aug 1, 2020

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
I'm actually curious on if gold really is being done away with, what will happen to all of our claimed games with gold.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I dont think they would revoke your license

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

American McGay posted:

Clarify what? The only official thing is that they stopped selling the 12 and 6 month subs. Everything else is just speculation from various people. They're not gonna make a statement until they're ready to.

Again, if this is happening, they should really tell retailers because I sold a bunch of 6 and 12 month codes today that all printed off fine from our Microsoft supplier, so those people are gonna be pissed.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

I bought deadly premonition digitally so now I can offload this disc copy I've had. Better sell it quick before the price craters or something.

I'll probably grab downpour when it's on sale.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Don't worry I'm sure if they do get rid of it entirely they'll credit anyone who has a future subscription.

The true big brain move is to buy a bunch of 1-year subs as cheap as you can find them and apply them all to your account so that you'll get $300 in credit in a couple months.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Seedge posted:

Again, if this is happening, they should really tell retailers because I sold a bunch of 6 and 12 month codes today that all printed off fine from our Microsoft supplier, so those people are gonna be pissed.

they will probably convert the time to gamepass

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Also raises the question of what will happen with existing Ultimate? I guess they are adding streaming to Ultimate but still they are changing that deal if the Gold benefit is going free.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Red Warrior posted:

Also raises the question of what will happen with existing Ultimate? I guess they are adding streaming to Ultimate but still they are changing that deal if the Gold benefit is going free.

The $5 PC Game Pass is a limited time beta thing, I believe. So Ultimate being Game Pass ($10) + PC Game Pass ($10) + xCloud + Perks for $15 is still a bundle of savings and value-adds.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pc gamepass needs better ux

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Ryoga posted:

I'm actually curious on if gold really is being done away with, what will happen to all of our claimed games with gold.

My guess: they'd require a Game Pass subscription.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
This Reddit post has a list of games that have been discovered so far. The most notable have already been mentioned here, but Syndicate is a good game!

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/i1xbx9/heres_a_list_of_every_relisted_game_i_could_find/

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Zerot posted:

This Reddit post has a list of games that have been discovered so far. The most notable have already been mentioned here, but Syndicate is a good game!

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/i1xbx9/heres_a_list_of_every_relisted_game_i_could_find/

For whatever reason I have the worst time with that first dubstep-tastic boss fight

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

TheScott2K posted:

For whatever reason I have the worst time with that first dubstep-tastic boss fight

That was really bad. Decent game, not as good as Darkness or Riddick.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Zerot posted:

60 dollars for mother loving h.a.w.x. lmfao

NumptyScrub
Aug 22, 2004

damn it I think the mirrors broken >˙.(

American McGay posted:

Don't worry I'm sure if they do get rid of it entirely they'll credit anyone who has a future subscription.

The true big brain move is to buy a bunch of 1-year subs as cheap as you can find them and apply them all to your account so that you'll get $300 in credit in a couple months.

If they still offer the "upgrade stored Live to Ultimate for $1" just stack up to 36 months (it won't go past 36 months in the future) and do that, I'm Ultimate until 2022 thanks to that and a friend who can get MS store staff discount on Live codes.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

TheScott2K posted:

The soundtrack for Syndicate is legitimate decent

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Zerot posted:

I was going to pick up Deadly Premonition but none of these are working (possibly due to Canada?).

EDIT reports are suggesting that in the migration of their backend a few games got relisted accidentally and then taken down again, so SOL if you're late to the party like me.

univbee fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Aug 2, 2020

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

univbee posted:

I was going to pick up Deadly Premonition but none of these are working (possibly due to Canada?).

EDIT reports are suggesting that in the migration of their backend a few games got relisted accidentally and then taken down again, so SOL if you're late to the party like me.

So if you got lucky buying some of these I assume you get to keep them like if you had originally purchased them a decade ago.

Guess that means my deadly premonition disc is still worth something!

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

There are suspicions that part of the migration involves killing Xbox 360 consoles' ability to purchase new things. I think it's been three years since the last thing made available for digital download, though.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Real hurthling! posted:

Pc gamepass needs better ux

The windows store and by extention xbox app is so astoundingly bad, to the point people regularly end up having to reinstall windows after trying to install games on a non system default drive

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
Ikaruga is free on the Argentinian store. I successfully redeemed it with my US account.

https://www.microsoft.com/es-ar/p/ikaruga/bz8zv7r2j95r

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Muy gracias